AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 6 11.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 7.84%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 15.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.84%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-20, 19:44   Link #61
Father Hentai

Play the game then you know. Anyhow I won't go further into this matter. your opinion my opinion. Period.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:20   Link #62
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

At this point in time, we can safely say that the game characters and anime characters are two separate entities. Lumping them together just hurts my brain. I love Sakurai as a seiyu, but the anime Faldio is just.... *facepalms*.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:22   Link #63
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Aren't we talking about anime tough?

In anime he sure does not sound like a fallen hero. He at very least leaves much stronger impression than the wuss (aka Welkin). But one cannot call Welkin a fallen hero too - he never was up to begin with so he cannot be fallen. The only thing he bests Faldio out is that he gets Alicia in the midle of that random development.

He does not even seem to have an authority when his squad starts acting stupid.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:46   Link #64
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post

Do You Want Mawari to Teach You the Rules of the forum?

will l end up like this afterwards?

Old 2009-09-20, 21:30   Link #65
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
Play the game then you know. Anyhow I won't go further into this matter. your opinion my opinion. Period.
Well this is the anime thread so I don't really need to play the game since I'm not referring to the game Fabio From what I've heard the game Fabio is no where near as awesome and heroic.

Fabio will become a heroic spirit after he dies and his nickname will be Sniper!

I am the bone of my bullets,
Steel is my body and gun powder is my blood,
I have sniped over a 1000 enemies,
Shot Alicia to death,
and brought her back to life,
Yet these hands will never hold her,
So as I pray!
UNLIMITED BULLETS WORK!

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-20 at 21:46.
Old 2009-09-20, 22:02   Link #66
Death Header
*Graphic Designer

Episode wise, this was an okay episode. There were an absence of tanks to what could've been a thrilling episode, but this episode seemed fine nontheless.

The Alicia x Welkin romance isn't really needed here in this episode especially since this episode is focusing more on action against the Marmota anyways.
Old 2009-09-20, 22:25   Link #67
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Fabio will become a heroic spirit after he dies and his nickname will be Sniper!
*slaps Sassarai*

Archer, it's Archer, not sniper

Quote:
Episode wise, this was an okay episode. There were an absence of tanks to what could've been a thrilling episode, but this episode seemed fine nontheless.
Well techinally speaking the Marmota itself is a super tank.

That still shouldn't excuse them from not bringing in some Gallian tanks.

Quote:
The Alicia x Welkin romance isn't really needed here in this episode especially since this episode is focusing more on action against the Marmota anyways.
Yeah but as many people have pointed out Welkin really hasn't done anything memorable or impressive at all. Maybe the early episodes sure but so far it's all been about Faldio really....I mean give Welkin something to do for crying out loud.
Old 2009-09-20, 23:43   Link #68
Runty

GAH, WTF is with all the Painful ratings?! Is it just because Welkin and Alicia didn't get all cuddly yet?

You guys need to stop focusing on the game's moments and make your ratings on the episodes as a whole. I personally thought it was great in terms of animation and flow. Besides, in this case, I think a big "I love you" moment SHOULD come in at the end, not before the climax. It'll happen, I'm sure of it; even bad script writers aren't dumb enough to leave something as important as that out. They'd get fired for it.
Old 2009-09-21, 00:24   Link #69
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
GAH, WTF is with all the Painful ratings?! Is it just because Welkin and Alicia didn't get all cuddly yet?
Because:
- no scene where Alicia is throwing her lance and preparing to die in a blaze of glory
- no scene of Maximilian wants to retreats becaus he does not want to die in a Valkyrian Flame
- Jaeger dies
Spoiler for Maybe in episode 26:

Spoiler for Also maybe in Episode 26:
- Selveria showing as a true born leader and then firing up.

I marked the very important stuff which should have been shown because these scenes were essential in the game.

Quote:
You guys need to stop focusing on the game's moments and make your ratings on the episodes as a whole. I personally thought it was great in terms of animation and flow. Besides, in this case, I think a big "I love you" moment SHOULD come in at the end, not before the climax. It'll happen, I'm sure of it; even bad script writers aren't dumb enough to leave something as important as that out. They'd get fired for it.
Sorry but what do you excpect? This anime is from some scenes just far from the expectations. Why should we guys not mark it bad if we feel it is bad? If they get fired then for sure because they deserved it.

Last edited by Father Hentai; 2009-09-21 at 09:13.
Old 2009-09-21, 02:08   Link #70
kalbron

You gotta admit, that if even Father Hentai who's been defending this show for most of its existance has started to rage, that there's something wrong.

We'll know that it is beyond redemption when Runty gets pissed with the ending.

We'll know it's some eldritch abomination that will destroy the universe by its very existance when serenade_beta criticises it even faintly.
Old 2009-09-21, 02:19   Link #71
NoLongerSane

Well, it all comes down to a fans perspective if they like how the writers interpreted what to include or not include in the anime. From looking at the poll, it looks likes there are some that are enjoying the anime rendition.

Also, you have to remember that you win some and lose some when it comes down to how a favorite game is interpreted. From the looks of things, it looks like this is going to be one of those that did not get interpreted well. You could either take it as the writers underestimated how much of the game plot could be used or the writers overestimated their abilities in making their rendition of the plot of the game.
Old 2009-09-21, 03:32   Link #72
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:

I rated it bad because the episode was bad. Is that okay with you?

When i do such rating, i don't bring the game material into mind, i'm just rating what i'm seeing as it's own story, and this episode was god awful bad in my opinion. I'd like it if you could respect my opinion the way i respect your opinion.
Old 2009-09-21, 07:21   Link #73
kraken

Quote:
But executions are prohibited by the humanitarian rights and by country laws. except for some american states but I very doubt that a states law is over a military law.

Anyhow. The results ended up not in a death of a soldier but in awakening valkyria. this prevented not only severe casualties on the Gallian military force but also halted the invasion of the imps again.

If there are still any points what speaks against his pardon then it is Alicia to decide as she is the victim. So did she say any words? No? Then we can stop the discussion here.
It's not shooting Alicia who made Faldio someone who need to be executed. He took the princess as hostage and menacing to kill her with a gun.

This crime can't be pardoned, even if as a person, Cordelia know Faldio as right to do that, as a princess she must to punish him.

and an execution ordoned by military court is allowed.

The place of faldio is in jail until the military court take a decision about him.
Old 2009-09-21, 08:59   Link #74
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
I marked the very important stuff which should have been shown because these scenes were essential in the game.
I guess you forgot to mark spoiler. Blah but at this point who cares anymore, I'll just watch all the scenes on youtube or something like I did with MGS 4 =). Then I can say I beat the game.
Old 2009-09-21, 09:12   Link #75
Father Hentai

Quote:
I guess you forgot to mark spoiler. Blah but at this point who cares anymore, I'll just watch all the scenes on youtube or something like I did with MGS 4 =). Then I can say I beat the game.
There are two points I'll wrap in spoiler now. but the rest are not to be replaced anymoer because they are past or seen in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
It's not shooting Alicia who made Faldio someone who need to be executed. He took the princess as hostage and menacing to kill her with a gun.

This crime can't be pardoned, even if as a person, Cordelia know Faldio as right to do that, as a princess she must to punish him.

and an execution ordoned by military court is allowed.

The place of faldio is in jail until the military court take a decision about him.
Please see here as I already mentioned something about this situation which is a reason why he won't be executed or ever will be: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=158
Old 2009-09-21, 10:00   Link #76
kraken

Quote:

Please see here as I already mentioned something about this situation which is a reason why he won't be executed or ever will be: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=158
Cordelia is a princess, Even if she want to trust Faldio and she know he was'nt serious, she must act as a princess.

Even if she try to avoid him to be executed, she can't just pardon him, free him restore his grade in the army.

What will think the member of the army will do if they see someone who try to kill the princess free and leader of a unity?

An attitude like this lead to rebellion and civil war.

This event remind me code geass: cool attitude, WTF, but very illogical and incoherent.

But, It's not the only incoherence and plot hole in the anime, even for some who did'nt know the game :

Here are all the incoherence I notice since the first episode:

-Why nobody know who is Isara in the second episode. She live to Bhrul since she was kid, Most of the villager must to know her.

-Why Alicia is afraid to kill someone in the fifth episode, she participate to the battle of Vasel, she know what is war?

-Why Alicia just ignore grade and don't want to obey to Damon in this episode and refuse to obey to Welkin and Faldio in the Fifth and the sixth episodes?
In army it need to obey to orders.

-How the princess didn't lose her Wig during her kidnapping?

-Why did she her a wig under her hat?

-Why Faldio did'nt shoot the princess who is know as a descendant of the Valkyrur? She had Silver hair, her lineage must be more pure than the one of Alicia.

-Why nobody notice that Alicia have not returned from the faldio place when he shoot her?

-Why nobody in the camp hear Faldio shooting Alicia?

-How Faldio can cross a military camp with the princess as hostage? Nobody see him or try to shoot him?

-Why Selveria who show Alicia many time before her fight didn't notice who she was? (She have'nt really changed)

-Why nobody notice than the marmota approach Randgriz?

-Why the unity didn't use the Edelweiss in the last battle?

-How Alicia have survived to the sacrifice of Selveria? the power destroyed Selveria, Alicia must be dead

-How Alicia can counter the Lance fixed on the Marmota? It's many time more powerful than her lance and she is wounded
Old 2009-09-21, 14:12   Link #77
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Cordelia is a princess, Even if she want to trust Faldio and she know he was'nt serious, she must act as a princess.

Even if she try to avoid him to be executed, she can't just pardon him, free him restore his grade in the army.

What will think the member of the army will do if they see someone who try to kill the princess free and leader of a unity?

This event remind me code geass: cool attitude, WTF, but very illogical and incoherent.

But, It's not the only incoherence and plot hole in the anime, even for some who did'nt know the game :

Here are all the incoherence I notice since the first episode:

-Why nobody know who is Isara in the second episode. She live to Bhrul since she was kid, Most of the villager must to know her.

-Why Alicia is afraid to kill someone in the fifth episode, she participate to the battle of Vasel, she know what is war?

-Why Alicia just ignore grade and don't want to obey to Damon in this episode and refuse to obey to Welkin and Faldio in the Fifth and the sixth episodes?

-Why Faldio did'nt shoot the princess who is know as a descendant of the Valkyrur? She had Silver hair, her lineage must be more pure than the one of Alicia.

-Why nobody notice that Alicia have not returned from the faldio place when he shoot her?

-How Faldio can cross a military camp with the princess as hostage? Nobody see him or try to shoot him?

-Why Selveria who show Alicia many time before her fight didn't notice who she was? (She have'nt really changed)

-How Alicia have survived to the sacrifice of Selveria? the power destroyed Selveria, Alicia must be dead

-How Alicia can counter the Lance fixed on the Marmota? It's many time more powerful than her lance and she is wounded
I am going to settle on the very notion that this production is a way for its staff to say to the gamers, "sincerely, up yours!"

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-09-21, 18:30   Link #78
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I kinda have a mixed opinion about this episode.

On the one hand, as part of an anime series it was pretty good. A lot more action than in most episodes and some decent suspense regarding Jaeger at the end. Not much to complain about at all, aside from everyone's hero Faldio arriving in the nick of time to save the day AGAIN (seriously, enough already).

As an adaptation though I'd have to say it was pretty bad. I'd heard this was supposed to focus more on the characters but they went and cut out one of the most important character-based moments from the game. There's still a chance for a similar scene to be inserted in the next episode but if that does happen, I kinda have to wonder why it was cut here in the first place. That's pretty much the main thing I don't get with the series: why change plot points that were perfectly dramatic and exciting in their original form? Especially when some of the time they end up being resolved in the same way anyway (e.g. Skipping the Batomys fight only to have it destroyed in the exact same way at Naggiar instead, what was the point?). Note: That's mostly a rhetorical question, please don't respond with the millionth post saying "because the writers are idiots". Have seen enough of those for a lifetime already.
Old 2009-09-21, 20:16   Link #79
Father Hentai

I

Quote:

You have forgotten that it is Faldio who found out that Alicia is Valkyria even though it causes a single tragedy. But the results ended in preventing a complete loss to the Gallian army. Therefore jail as a reward for saving the whole army from getting whiped out of the desert is very illogical.

As for threating her highness. Faldio gambled high and Cordelia knew about it. She whitnessed herself the "birth" of Alicias as Valkyria and she also knows what Faldio is going through. He already has the highest punishment which is not jail but living with the fact that he has lost his unit through a miscalculation of the situation, shooting at a beloved person and that he was to loose a beloved friend.

As she is the countries representative, she has the right to decide what right is or wrong. Since it was Faldios theory that saved a lot of people she has the right to pardon him.

As you mention code geass. I haven't seen it to be honest. But I have counter examples.

1. Record of Lodoss war: Parns dad, Tessius, who has got striped from his ranks although he deserved higher discipline, because he saved Fawns daughter from an allied nation and it was forbidden to save her. Tessius acted against this order and saved his daughter.

2. National Treasure 2: Ben Gates, who has kidnapped the president to retrieve the Book of the Presidents. He also got pardoned at the end.

Quote:
She is a Darcsen. Now start thinking what you have learned about the first episodes about the Darcsen then you know why they are being ignored or avoided.

In addition think about who the Darcsen may be in the real world dring WWI and WWII.

Quote:
First of all, Alicia was a town militia soldier. Nothing more than a town squad with not very effective basic training or combat experience. She learns with the time to get the situation better handled. Also military ethics surely were assigned to her with her new role as a sergeant.

Quote:
Soldiers only have to obey orders if they are reasonable or if they are not committing a crime to the Humanitarian Rights or something equal to the Geneva convention in VC world.

Quote:
Drei-Wetter-Taft Hairspray

Quote:
Stupid scene in VC anime because she seldomly leaves the castle. If someone speaks to the nation, it's actually her chancellor.

Quote:
Because he was convinced it has to be Alicia. The Ragnite piece reacted on Alicia but not on Cordelia.

Quote:
Because the Squad was already assigned to the front ending up as canon fodder for Selveria. Not being on time will mean that Alicia can get a disciplinary act after the mission.
Another reason can be that she requested to stay in the camp.

Quote:
Because Tanks are noisy and they are in the middle of a battlefield? But you are correct. Someone may have heard it if they weren' t all to busy.

Quote:
Even if they were seen the soldiers would not have intervened just to be sure that the princess remains unharmed until Faldio reaches a place where he is vincible and the princess will be in no harm.

Quote:
They were kids and a lot of time was inbetween so they may have forgotten each other in the meantime.

Quote:
That is what is in question. From game side. Damon was a total idiot gathering all regular troops together. Selveria wiped them all out in a blaze of glory with exceptions of some militia troops and Squad 7.

Quote:
Because tanks can be a hindrance in urban fights. Urban fights without a tank is more flexible and therefore the Edelweiss is kept behind.

Quote:
The Ragnite Weapons have amplified her Valkyr powers and she generated a shield that prevented her from being vaporized.

Quote:
This really was stupid in episode 25
Old 2009-09-21, 23:48   Link #80
CheezeRaider

Ahhh another unsatisfactory eps. LOL

Looks like 1 car left to go on the train wreck.

BTW Sassarai, have you ever though of making a site for all your Funky Tags you make. They are funny, and cracks me up LOL.
Closed Thread