AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 11 23.40%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 21.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-08, 15:02   Link #41
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Is Maria "paired" with Mamoru? I understand why he wants that, but we have never been led to believe his feelings are reciprocated.
I believe the only reason Maria choose Mamoru is because he can be easily coerced into being an spectator while she continues her love life with Saki.

Quote:
So now we are left wondering how their memories were rearranged. By psychokinesis at the molecular level in their brains? Or do the adults in charge possess another psychic power that has yet to be revealed except through its symptoms? There certainly have been hints throughout the show that this kind of mind control exists, but this is first episode where it is presented so explicitly.
I believe they use Hypnosis, even if you rearrange neurons you would need to read them first to know what to move, otherwise it would be no diferent from a lobotomy. Therefore the memories are merely suppresed and there is a chance they can recover them.
Old 2012-12-08, 16:02   Link #42
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...I was confused about the mirror on the gravestone, thinking perhaps it was Satoru who was buried there! Can anyone tell us what the characters meant? The version I watched doesn't translate texts....
The character forms are a bit different from modern Japanese when they write on the blackboard, and on the mirror. The writing is somewhat similar in look to ancient Chinese seal script writing. What the characters looks like to me is a very rough version of Saki's vanished elder sister's name, Yoshimi 吉美, but with the "mi" part upside down.

Speaking of the mirror, I was quite disturbed when they moved the mirror without the reflection on the wall moving. Spooky, lol. And careless?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-12-08, 16:49   Link #43
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I believe the only reason Maria choose Mamoru is because he can be easily coerced into being an spectator while she continues her love life with Saki.
Poor Mamoru.. that'll make me hate Maria more....

But IMHO, though she has feelings for Saki, Maria may have to face the fact that her feelings for Saki will not bear fruit and that she will eventually have to seek heterosexual relationship for her current relationship with Saki is just like a "conditioning" for adult relationship...

That said... I was wondering... "A concept of love similar to Bonobos" meant too that you could do sex with other person though you are in a relationship already?
Old 2012-12-08, 16:49   Link #44
pinoscotto

Quote:
OK, must we have another replay of the usual crap about this show every time there is a scene like the kiss? If you're not used to it by now, and do not see it in context, then I don't know what show you have been watching. I doubt that was the first time Satoru had watched Saki and Maria kiss, nor do I expect it will be the last.

Is Maria "paired" with Mamoru? I understand why he wants that, but we have never been led to believe his feelings are reciprocated.

I was confused about the mirror on the gravestone, thinking perhaps it was Satoru who was buried there! Can anyone tell us what the characters meant? The version I watched doesn't translate texts.

So now we are left wondering how their memories were rearranged. By psychokinesis at the molecular level in their brains? Or do the adults in charge possess another psychic power that has yet to be revealed except through its symptoms? There certainly have been hints throughout the show that this kind of mind control exists, but this is first episode where it is presented so explicitly.
i don't think it's a matter of feelings, she has to choose a guy, not a girl and mamorou is the first choice among males
Old 2012-12-08, 16:51   Link #45
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome ep. A lot of progression with the story and had a great cliffhanger.

I think the two highlights are the question of a threesome and this:

Everyone wants HanaKana.
Old 2012-12-08, 16:58   Link #46
Witheirate

After watching the episode, I've feeling that Shun isn't dead.

Maybe he's transform into another form/entities, then try to communicate to Saki in her dream. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not into yuri, but the yuri scene made me label this series as NSFW. Now I can't enjoy it in front of everyone.
Old 2012-12-08, 17:00   Link #47
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witheirate View Post
After watching the episode, I've feeling that Shun isn't dead.

Maybe he's transform into another form/entities, then try to communicate to Saki in her dream. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not into yuri, but the yuri scene made me label this series as NSFW. Now I can't enjoy it in front of everyone.
Awkward huh?
Old 2012-12-08, 17:09   Link #48
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witheirate View Post
My guess is that Shun implanted a post-hypnotic suggestion into Saki, knowing that her memory would be tampered with. I mean, he had already accepted he had to die, it was just a question of when, but if your friends forget about you then you are totally dead, which is even sadder and probably an unbearable thought for Shun. He also made an effort to write down his last experiences, so it is clear to me he wanted to be remembered (unlike all the other boys and girls the village murdered).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
That said... I was wondering... "A concept of love similar to Bonobos" meant too that you could do sex with other person though you are in a relationship already?
That is a good question, since from what I read in the wikipedia, the bonobonos do not have a lifetime partner (it must be hell without DNA tests to know who your son/daughter is), so I do not know if the bonobono society ends at the moment of marriage or if it does continue. From the little we have seen so far it seems they do not have relations outside marriage since we have never seen orf heard Sakis (or anyone else parent) talking about that, but it can be another of those things adults know but do not tell/show their children.

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2012-12-08 at 17:25.
Old 2012-12-08, 17:58   Link #49
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
My guess is that Shun implanted a post-hypnotic suggestion into Saki, knowing that her memory would be tampered with. I mean, he had already accepted he had to die, it was just a question of when, but if your friends forget about you then you are totally dead, which is even sadder and probably an unbearable thought for Shun. He also made an effort to write down his last experiences, so it is clear to me he wanted to be remembered (unlike all the other boys and girls the village murdered).
If you're dead then it doesn't matter who remembers you or not. You've moved on to wherever you're going. Remembrance is only for the living. I don't think he had a chance to plant anything in her.

Hopefully, the anime staff realized that keepng the best male character in the series dead is usually a bad move imo.
Old 2012-12-08, 18:09   Link #50
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
.....but it can be another of those things adults know but do not tell/show their children.
That will be a big "WTF" if its true...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-12-08 at 18:34.
Old 2012-12-08, 18:23   Link #51
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
That will big "WTF" if its true...
<Darth Vader Voice>Maria's Father: I am your father!</Darth Vader Voice>
Mamoru: Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-12-08, 19:19   Link #52
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Hopefully, the anime staff realized that keepng the best male character in the series dead is usually a bad move imo.
You make it sound like the studio wrote this plot. Remember that this is based on a novel.
Old 2012-12-08, 20:15   Link #53
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
So if that's the case... hope we got a unique adaptation... an alive Shun in it...
Old 2012-12-08, 21:07   Link #54
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think the two highlights are the question of a threesome and this:

Everyone wants HanaKana.
Wow, Maria is real popular huh? I wonder if her habit of flying around inside the class (and maybe accidentally flashing her panties) adds something to her popularity . Those horny Bonobo-dudes.
Old 2012-12-08, 21:34   Link #55
GDB

I was actually a little confused at that scene. Was she accepting Mamoru as her partner, or letting him down gently? Not sure if his gesture is disappointment or a sigh of relief.
Old 2012-12-08, 21:39   Link #56
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post

Everyone wants HanaKana.
Anyone gets the feeling from the body language that Maria is telling him "You get to clean the house, do the laundry, prepare the meals and sleep in the floor next to my bed"
Old 2012-12-08, 21:48   Link #57
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I was actually a little confused at that scene. Was she accepting Mamoru as her partner, or letting him down gently? Not sure if his gesture is disappointment or a sigh of relief.
May guess..

Maria: Mamoru...You'll be my bride... Ok?
Mamoru: ...I knew I'll wear my mother's wedding dress someday..
Old 2012-12-08, 22:03   Link #58
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I think she accepted him seeing how disappointed those guys in the background are .
Old 2012-12-08, 22:21   Link #59
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I think she accepted him seeing how disappointed those guys in the background are .
Correct.

Maria's apparently the most popular girl and she knows it too. Ryou informs her of how Mamoru lost all his confidence when Maria came first in the popularity poll. Maria clearly cares for Mamoru so she chose him despite all the tease.

Zealous Shun fans would do well to realize that he is dead, but that the rest of the story is still ongoing and that we're actually only entering the meat of the story now, considering there's still more than half the show left. I don't at all like how you guys are wishing for some sort of miraculous cheap return for his character. Why would you want something like that? That would cheapen the whole show for one and for another, make last episode an utter joke and not the awesome treat it was. Shun was quite literally too awesome to live, let that be the end of it.
Old 2012-12-08, 22:24   Link #60
NoemiChan
Banned

Well, we have different opinions. By the way Shun's ain't cheap. If he is then the fans are?
Closed Thread