AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-20, 21:06   Link #341
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
How about just kill her off? She is the least interesting and most useless out of the main 4. Her death will man up Haruto and L-Elf will no longer babysit her no more. I can't see her do anything in s2 but a hinder to L-Elf and Haruto.
That's insane, I say. For me, she's the most interesting character since the other main characters' actions are readable. L Elf somehow is the same as Shoko being unpredictable. I dunno why you call her useless, well, it's your opinion, but still am totally against it. Tsk. Babysit? Man up? Ya sure? I never did think of her in that way.
Old 2013-07-20, 23:21   Link #342
Destined_Fate

None of the four are boring, though if I would rate them on how I like them it would be L-Elf, Shoko, Saki, than Haruto. See, in my opinion Haruto is the least interesting out of the main four even if he can be entertaining at times. Should Haruto be killed off just because I like the other three more? No.

It also says something that after this cour has ended, and a long wait til cour two, that Shoko's character discussion is still going and has the most posts and pages to it. Clearly many don't see her as the most boring and are very interested in her character as well as what will be done with her in the future as her role as Prime Minister. So please take that personal bias elsewhere as it will only start fights.
Old 2013-07-21, 01:38   Link #343
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
Much like with Shoko I find the Lieselotte is going to die (because she's L-Elf's light) speculation boring as hell. There's so much more interesting possibilities for the plot if the character stays alive in my opinion; especially if it turns out that she isn't as sweet and innocent as fandom seems to believe.
Well.. can't Lieselotte be both?

She's no longer the person he thought she was and then she dies.. eventually

speaking of which, does Lieselotte even remember L-Elf? I had the impression he was sent to Karlstein soon after and they stopped being in contact. That picture he has of her was moldy. If they were close, then he why couldn't he get an updated picture? It's either he was not allowed to contact her, or everything that goes to him was confiscated.

Both imply that they are not in contact

wouldn't it be ironic if L-Elf is treating her the way A-Drei is treating him?

ie: making a lot of one-sided assumptions about the other person
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-07-21, 01:44   Link #344
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
It's almost like you've completely ignored the story setup for the character. At least her development isn't dependent on her romantic entanglements with Haruto.

Much like with Shoko I find the Lieselotte is going to die (because she's L-Elf's light) speculation boring as hell. There's so much more interesting possibilities for the plot if the character stays alive in my opinion; especially if it turns out that she isn't as sweet and innocent as fandom seems to believe.
As the saying goes, death is the easy way out. It's much more interesting seeing them live through the tribulations than dying, unless the characters are one-dimension, which thankfully no one is, except Haruto, but he'll grow out of that hopefully. Now, Sholo is going to have to deal with a lot, with the student's that died last battle, three valvraves and their pilots taken, and dealing with negotiations with the moon's government and ARUS, not knowing about the Magius. She'll realize that the students can't go back to being students, and will learn about the secret development of the valvraves, and modifying of the students that her own father approved. How this will affect her, no one knows, but it'll certainly test the limits of her seemingly boundless optimism.

With Liesolete, she no doubt has worth as a prisoner being the former royalist princess. Her safety is pretty much guaranteed unless someone actually believes she can be used as a hostage against L-elf, a secret soldier THEY trained to not let feelings cloud analytical ability. Plus, if New Jior were to openly instigate against Dorssia as unlikely as that is, they no longer have the advantage of superior weaponry, as Dorssia will start making new weapons based on the Valvraves they captured.
Old 2013-07-21, 04:08   Link #345
Destined_Fate

L-Elf most likely keeps the younger picture to remember the Princess of than. It is telling that he doesn't have a more updated picture so I may have been right after all that they were eventually separated due to reasons outside their control and the Princess may have changed due to the weight of that deal.

I wonder if they'll consider executing her when L-Elf's betrayal is made public considering she gave half her life to him as a child and he ends up using it to oppose them.

Or maybe she has changed hence why he was gloating at the start of the anime, he remembers the girl that saved him but hates what the empire has changed her during the modern day.

Than there's his crying in the preview to consider. Due to it being L-Elf crying it most likely has to be something tragic involving the Princess as I don't see him breaking down and crying from just seeing her again.

Another note is that the Empire seems to still be around, even if under a new name, in the preview to the future with Saki. Than we later had another preview of Saki talking to L-Elf's descendant about the module. Due to that it's very highly unlikely the Princess could be in that kids lineage due to her position and how unimportant she is to the module compared to Shoko who is its first Prime Minister.

So that child's lineage is either a part of the union between L-Elf and Shoko or they used genetics or something to let L-Elf and Haruto have a genetic baby for their lineage as neither can have children due to both of them being men. This is due to Shoko and Haruto being key to the formation of the module, though ig Haruto WAS the genetic father that started the child's lineage than the child wouldn't be so confused about the founder nor would Saki call his ancestor as the Founder and keeping their relation a secret. So it's far more likely that the child is from L-Elf and Shoko's lineage than any other at this point.
Old 2013-07-21, 06:31   Link #346
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

If that's true then, that boy is their great, great grandchild, but again it's just a possibility. Cannot really get Haruto's words out of my mind--it's entangled deep inside with my thoughts. " ... even if I'm gone, the others would still be here and L ELF too." It's like he was already entrusting Shouko to somebody, and his words were for safekeeping.
Old 2013-07-21, 08:52   Link #347
Fjoergyn

Of the four characters haruto is looser but missing the next season to know how much improvement.

It is also possible child is created by genetic experiment as a kind of replacement pilots but with the DNA of the two most important men of the module. We found that L-Elf traits are notorious and has the eyes of haruto.

They have not thought that one of them could lend their womb to be inseminated, remember that L-Elf tells of a genetic experiment that authorize haruto
Old 2013-07-21, 11:31   Link #348
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Saw this on Yt. Wanna try checkin out tis L Elf x Shoko AMV?

http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-goog...?v=URQt9oCnBlE
Old 2013-07-21, 19:40   Link #349
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibikiwi View Post
I saw that on the L-Elf thread. Probably the third page.
You were right. That made it easy to find, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
Found some info on L-Elf and Liselotte based on this image:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Here is a translation provided by someone on 4chan:
Spoiler for L-Elf info:
Old 2013-07-21, 23:11   Link #350
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
If that's true then, that boy is their great, great grandchild, but again it's just a possibility. Cannot really get Haruto's words out of my mind--it's entangled deep inside with my thoughts. " ... even if I'm gone, the others would still be here and L ELF too." It's like he was already entrusting Shouko to somebody, and his words were for safekeeping.
It also works in that out of the main four Shoko and L-Elf aren't immortal and is extremely unlikely they'll ever make a Valvrave contract.

Haruto always suffered from self guilt, I'm sure something will happen to seperate him for the others before the time skip but in the end Haruto, Saki, and the other pilots will eventually show up after the time skip in some way while Shoko and L-Elf will be dead due to old age after making the Module into a true super power for future generations.

I wouldn't be surprised if Haruto is MIA when the final time skip occurs and Saki is cast as the main character, the remaining one of the four, who must either find or kill Haruto for whatever reason.
Old 2013-07-22, 11:30   Link #351
Fjoergyn

I'd rather wait to see how they will handle that part of the time jump, but I'm not so sure L-Elf deemed not to be immortal.

Shoko could die of disease or killed by the regime, if we return to the scene of Saki and the child can be referred to as the founder is shoko, is the minister and gives the idea of ​​dividing the country.
Old 2013-07-22, 15:23   Link #352
Destined_Fate

L-Elf having a legacy child is very telling, no importance in him having a legacy if he's immortal and always around. Right now he isn't immortal, nor is Shoko, and has shown no inclination of even wanting immortality and he was more than fine handing the other Valvrave units to others without any fuss at all despite knowing the power it could grant him if he really wanted to make it work.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2013-07-24 at 03:05.
Old 2013-07-23, 11:50   Link #353
Fjoergyn

Do not know yet if it's your child, because they have spent many decades. L-Elf was outside the valvrave because he was misinformed, I think cain sent him directly because he knew that was compatible.
Old 2013-07-24, 03:07   Link #354
Destined_Fate

Not his child, his legacy child in that the child is based off the generation started by L-Elf and Shoko getting together. So in turn he's their descendant.

Cain beat the crude out of L-Elf, I doubt he would actually want L-Elf to really be a pilot since L-Elf isn't a loyal pawn. I'm sure his orders were to retrieve the Valvrave, not to hijack it which L-Elf wanted to do independently for his Revolution which I'm sure Cain suspected.
Old 2013-07-25, 08:53   Link #355
Fjoergyn

We know it can be a descendant, but not confirmed by L-Elf x Shoko, the only clue is that it seems to L-Elf.

Also remember that Shoko was not shown in the preview of the second season, that may mean she will die soon
Old 2013-07-25, 10:33   Link #356
shiyuki
Ever Learning

I think Shoko not appearing in the preview (well she did have a line) means she might have a great change, either becoming very weak, or turning into a strong leader.
If we could see her change in the preview, we wouldn't have been speculating like this here~
Old 2013-07-25, 10:42   Link #357
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
We know it can be a descendant, but not confirmed by L-Elf x Shoko, the only clue is that it seems to L-Elf.

Also remember that Shoko was not shown in the preview of the second season, that may mean she will die soon
Shouko will of course die since she's no vampire. No humans are immortal and that's postulate; however, she is indeed needed for a plot relevance. Liselotte's also not shown in the pv so does it mean she'll die right away before having a proper debut for the next season?

I suddenly remembered that during the pilot episode of VVV, many of which who assumed that Shouko was dead, these people said that she was still going to die even if she'd survived--she had too many death flags. I was just one of those few who found it irrelevant and as a false assumption. See what happened? She lived and will still do. Shouko is death proof.
Old 2013-07-25, 10:54   Link #358
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterson View Post
Shouko will of course die since she's no vampire. No humans are immortal and that's postulate; however, she is indeed needed for a plot relevance. Liselotte's also not shown in the pv so does it mean she'll die right away before having a proper debut for the next season?

I suddenly remembered that during the pilot episode of VVV, many of which who assumed that Shouko was dead, these people said that she was still going to die even if she'd survived--she had too many death flags. I was just one of those few who found it irrelevant and as a false assumption. See what happened? She lived and will still do. Shouko is death proof.
Regarding valvrave vampires, I think it has made clear that some are not as immortal, if we see the scene where Saki is the only survivor of the module. Haruto in that future is not shown, only Saki and child.
Old 2013-07-25, 12:01   Link #359
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Regarding valvrave vampires, I think it has made clear that some are not as immortal, if we see the scene where Saki is the only survivor of the module. Haruto in that future is not shown, only Saki and child.
What scene? The term module didn't exist anymore after a few decades, and I haven't seen a scene where everyone got killed and Saki survived alone. What I know is that Saki is certainly an ultimate survivor. She becomes a living history book of their time.
Old 2013-07-25, 12:48   Link #360
Fjoergyn

The very fact that she is there alone with the child makes it clear that it is the only a survivor and the others are gone. The others are minor characters no wonder they are slaughtered.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters