AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-11, 08:15   Link #1
Tangster

Gundam 0079 ---> Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory ---> Zeta Gundam 0087

Hey guys

I haven't watched 0079, but have watched zeta and have just finished watching 0083.

A few questions I would like to ask:

1) Did Gato appear in Gundam 0079?

2) Is Akujitsu and Soromon both Jion strongholds in 0079?

3) In 0083, the last 2 episodes, I dun really understand wat's going on. From what I have watched Zeta Gundamm, the last 2 episodes of Stardust Memory is about the Titans dudes are seizing power (from who? Aren't the Titans within the Earth federation army?)

4) The process of this taking power is not very clear to me. First, Heyma (the woman who joined Jion and betrayed them in the end in 0083) kidnap the Zion head dude, is she going to join the Titans? Wat is with the deliberation of the Titans letting the colony falling onto Earth and wat did they wanna show with the Solar laser system? Actually if someone can explain the whole process to me I would really appreciate it.

5) 0079: Earth v Jion
0083: Earth + some Titans v some Zion remnants (Not formal because I saw Haman Kaa with Neo Jion)?
Z Gundam: Titans v Aeug (Both Earth?)
ZZ Gundam: Earth (Or Aeug since they won?) v Neo Jion?

6) Is the blue hair girl who operates on the bridge of Arubion (Koi's ship) same as Amuro's gf (blue hair girl 2) in Char's Counter attack?

7) Did the ship captain die?

8) BTW Can anyone tell me about the 5 min OVA of Stardust Memory? Can someone tell me about it, since I dun have it...Wat happen to Koi and Nina in there?

It would be great if someone can answer all these questions!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Tangster; 2006-09-11 at 08:50.
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 10:23   Link #2
Scorch

Your spelling of names is really odd. All of my replies are from my memory, so they might be a little bit off. I haven't watched 0083 in a year and a half.

1) No, he didn't appear animated in the One Year War (well, besides the flashback in Stardust Memory). He participated in it offscreen.

2) Solomon and A Baoa Qu were Zeon strongholds during the OYW.

3) The Titans are an elite branch of the Federation military designed to suppress spacenoid rebellions. They didn't exist prior to 0083, and were formed in its aftermath.

4) I'm guessing who you're calling Heyma is Cima Garahau. There's a rather complicated backstory on her; She has quite a resentment built up against Zeon from during the OYW when she was a Zeon soldier.
They aren't the Titans at this part, but they become the future titans. It's essentially a conspiracy by them to frighten the Federation into forming the Titans.

5) 0083 is Earth vs part of the Zeon remnants. Axis, also mentioned in 0083, did not take part in the fighting actively. Axis is the rest of the surviving Zeon forces from 0079.
Z Gundam is intially AEUG vs Titans. Later on, Axis joins in, and switches sides and so on.
ZZ: AEUG vs first Neo Zeon movement(Axis)

6) No, I'm pretty sure.

7)
Spoiler:
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 10:37   Link #3
Tangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch
Your spelling of names is really odd. All of my replies are from my memory, so they might be a little bit off. I haven't watched 0083 in a year and a half.

1) No, he didn't appear animated in the One Year War (well, besides the flashback in Stardust Memory). He participated in it offscreen.

2) Solomon and A Baoa Qu were Zeon strongholds during the OYW.

3) The Titans are an elite branch of the Federation military designed to suppress spacenoid rebellions. They didn't exist prior to 0083, and were formed in its aftermath.

4) I'm guessing who you're calling Heyma is Cima Garahau. There's a rather complicated backstory on her; She has quite a resentment built up against Zeon from during the OYW when she was a Zeon soldier.
They aren't the Titans at this part, but they become the future titans. It's essentially a conspiracy by them to frighten the Federation into forming the Titans.

5) 0083 is Earth vs part of the Zeon remnants. Axis, also mentioned in 0083, did not take part in the fighting actively. Axis is the rest of the surviving Zeon forces from 0079.
Z Gundam is intially AEUG vs Titans. Later on, Axis joins in, and switches sides and so on.
ZZ: AEUG vs first Neo Zeon movement(Axis)

6) No, I'm pretty sure.

7)
Spoiler:
Thanks very much!!!

However, few more questions...

Why was the captain of the Albion executed? I watched the 13 episodes and it didn't mention it...

Have u seen the OVA? Or has anyone seen it? Can you someone give me a brief overview?
Tangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 10:46   Link #4
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

The OVA is a pretty badly done compilation of the series...nothing worth mentioning.

As for Synapse I believe it was so they'd have a scapegoat of some sort.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 13:05   Link #5
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Wasn't Synapse's execution simply an unfortunate circumstance of the swiftness of the Federation's courts? Kou was on the block for execution as well and was only spared because they decided to seal the data on the Gundam Project, but it was too late for Synapse. At least, thats how Iviewed it when I saw 0083.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 15:47   Link #6
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
From what I can remember based on notes of the Japanese laser discs that were floating around, Synapse was executed before the Gundam Development Project was officially deleted...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 16:05   Link #7
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, Synapse did go against those generals' orders about defending the Solar System II and stole the GP-03 (and as a commanding officer he was reponsible for the Dendrobium Orchis' destruction) from the La Vie en Rose (I still laugh at that name, since French is my mothertongue) so he was one of the first necks on the chopping block. His execution wasn't reported in 0083, though...maybe in interviews or books.
Old 2006-09-11, 23:41   Link #8
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

In terms of....

1.) The only other known "appearances" (for me anyways) you can see of Gato in the OYW is by the game Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space (of course, games aren't entirely accurate, but it IS cool to see). Other than that and the flashbacks from the first episode, he has made no animated appearances in the original Mobile Suit Gundam series.

4.) Cima wasn't really, at least knowingly, join the Federation. Pretty much, like any pirate would, just trying to make a big profit by handing Delaz over to the Federation.

Also, the Solar System II weapon wasn't just for show either (nor did the Federation "let" the colony fall). It was meant as a weapon to stop the KNOWN (to the Federation, thanks to Cima) Colony Drop to foil the plan, but due to the death of Delaz and chaos caused by the Albion and the GP03, Gato managed to destroy the control ship of the Solar System II, causing it to lose a majority of its power and control causing it not to be strong enough to destroy the colony.

5.) Axis actually did very slightly (but not obviously) participate in 0083. Even though they openly declared themselves neutral to the Delaz Fleet and the Federation, they DID give the Delaz Fleet the AMX-002/AMA-X2 Neue Ziel to them as some support (and help retrieve any troops), but they didn't openly engage the Federation Fleet or sent out any Mobile Suits to support them since they knew, at the time, they were nowhere near strong enough to stand up to them on their own. (It was just 1 Advanced Fleet after all. Not ALL of their ships).

But yeah, the battle(s) were primarily the Earth Federation vs. Zeon remnants in 0083.

The AEUG pretty much welcomes anyone who opposed the current Federation (mostly the Titans) which also includes plenty of Federation Soldiers (including Bright Noa, Amuro Ray and Hayato Kobayashi), some scattered Zeon soldiers and civilians.

6.), no she is not the same girl. The girl in Char's Counterattack is Chan Agi while the girl on the Albion was (not sure of entire name) Simone.

7.) A lot of debate on this. The main point being that Synapse does die by execution, but for why and when, there's been several speculations.

8.) It's completely unknown, but by the way it looked, they ended up back together again, but there is nothing ever mentioned of them ever again afterward.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 19:12   Link #9
Gundam Pilot

Yes!!!!

I heard that Gato is from "The Nightmare Of Solomon" in the one year war. So it's very possible that he's in U.C. 0079.
Gundam Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 19:15   Link #10
Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Pilot
I heard that Gato is from "The Nightmare Of Solomon" in the one year war. So it's very possible that he's in U.C. 0079.
That was the answer from the first question from the person who started this forum!
Gundam Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 00:44   Link #11
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Pilot
He was involved, yes...but he was never actually SHOWN in any of the original Mobile Suit Gundam series ever. The only time you ever even see him in the One Year War is in his flashbacks that he has...
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 00:01   Link #12
gp02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
Hey guys

I haven't watched 0079, but have watched zeta and have just finished watching 0083.

A few questions I would like to ask:

1) Did Gato appear in Gundam 0079?

2) Is Akujitsu and Soromon both Jion strongholds in 0079?

3) In 0083, the last 2 episodes, I dun really understand wat's going on. From what I have watched Zeta Gundamm, the last 2 episodes of Stardust Memory is about the Titans dudes are seizing power (from who? Aren't the Titans within the Earth federation army?)

4) The process of this taking power is not very clear to me. First, Heyma (the woman who joined Jion and betrayed them in the end in 0083) kidnap the Zion head dude, is she going to join the Titans? Wat is with the deliberation of the Titans letting the colony falling onto Earth and wat did they wanna show with the Solar laser system? Actually if someone can explain the whole process to me I would really appreciate it.

5) 0079: Earth v Jion
0083: Earth + some Titans v some Zion remnants (Not formal because I saw Haman Kaa with Neo Jion)?
Z Gundam: Titans v Aeug (Both Earth?)
ZZ Gundam: Earth (Or Aeug since they won?) v Neo Jion?

6) Is the blue hair girl who operates on the bridge of Arubion (Koi's ship) same as Amuro's gf (blue hair girl 2) in Char's Counter attack?

7) Did the ship captain die?

8) BTW Can anyone tell me about the 5 min OVA of Stardust Memory? Can someone tell me about it, since I dun have it...Wat happen to Koi and Nina in there?

It would be great if someone chan answer all these questions!!!e

Thanks in advance!!!
I think Shema have another choice so he killed the head dude
gp02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-31, 01:16   Link #13
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

One other thing: In a way, Captain Synapse's execution was in part paving the way for Jamitoff Hymann to set up the Titans later on. There's a lot of speculation when and how, but the "Why", I can make a few guesses at:

First, as a scapegoat--The Earth Federation is essentially a corrupt organization. It's first objective is to cover it's own ass in case something screws up, like most governments in the real world.

Second, to get rid of potential problems--A captain who's willing to go against his orders in order to do the right thing is a potential threat. And besides, if he was willing to do that, you can be sure as hell that he might go public with the Gundam Development Project (The nuclear-equipped GP02A IS against the conventions of warfare set during the One Year War and afterward). They needed to shut him up, and fast.

Besides, at this point in time, Jamitoff was just a Colonel in the Earth Forces with an ambition. He needed an excuse to build his own private army/Political Elite organization (The Titans). Do remember, Synapse wasn't the only officer in the Earth Fed that was sent to the chopping block; There's this captain (I forgot his name) whom Jamitoff personally drew a gun on in Ep 11 or 12 or 0083. I'd imagine a lot of others either got sent to prison, were executed, or were "retired"--people who could see that Jamitoff's "Titans" weren't a "Counter-Insurgency/Counter-Terror/Anti-Zeonist Unit" as promised, and could have the political or military pull to stop him.

That's my view, anyway. If you've watched Zeta Gundam up to Senator Blex Forra's assassination, you know how far the Titans would go to keep their political power.

Speaking of which--I recommend those who can to check out "Advance of Zeta". Basically, it helps fill in some of the blanks between 0083 and Zeta Gundam, both technologically and in some cases story-wise.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2007-01-31 at 01:18. Reason: additiona info
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote