AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Is Hack//Sign any good?
Yes 23 58.97%
No 3 7.69%
Somewhere in between 13 33.33%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-01-29, 01:34   Link #41
corp20
Internet God

I'm not saying that is bad... well nevermind I'm. I did play the first game. I just recently beat it, a lot of work got in the way. I'm planning to play all of them, but not any time soon. It have a lot of talking, cloak and dagger type stuff. Theres action in everyother eps. You should watch it, but not go out of your way to do so.
EDIT: The games are good. It just that there are 4 of then. and no story liine is worth paying $200 dollars for ($50 for a new copy each).
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 02:24   Link #42
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Hmm... seems like the anime is pretty average... perhaps playin the games might be a good idea... are the games out in english editions already?
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 02:36   Link #43
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

the ps2 game comes in 4 parts... and i think 3 of the 4 have been converted to English... but trust me! i've played the first and second games... they are crap! they tried to make it feel like a MMORPG... but they failed miserably at it... the only thing worth while from those damn games was the Liminality OVAs... I say rent em b4 you buy them....
Old 2004-01-29, 02:45   Link #44
Go-lytely

Boring...so boring. I dont mind talking animes but they talk about stuff that isnt even remotely interesting. Yeah, I'm the one that gave the no vote.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 03:06   Link #45
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by haren
The thing you have to realy understand with .hack//sign is that it's a prequel to the games. To fully aprishiate the tv series you have to be willing to put the time in with the games, so you can fully get the final 2 episodes on disc 6.
Ah, and that pisses me off. I'm not going to run out and buy a PS2 and four unethically short games just like that. SIGN should have been able to stand on its own, in at least some ways....in fact, they tried. Tsukasa's depression and emotional journey is SIGN's bag, but it's cliche and has been done a great deal better elsewhere. Bleh!
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 03:32   Link #46
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
Ah, and that pisses me off. I'm not going to run out and buy a PS2 and four unethically short games just like that. SIGN should have been able to stand on its own, in at least some ways....in fact, they tried. Tsukasa's depression and emotional journey is SIGN's bag, but it's cliche and has been done a great deal better elsewhere. Bleh!
sorry... but don't quite understand what you mean by "a great deal better elsewhere".... do you mean his type of character or do you mean something else????
Old 2004-01-29, 04:22   Link #47
Fronzel
Schmuck

The whole "I'm sad and depressed, I'm gonna run away and hide......Oh, the events of this series have taught me to embrace life and try to be happy" thing.....it's fairly common in anime with some variation in form, and they're all better done than the one in SIGN.
Old 2004-01-29, 04:31   Link #48
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
The whole "I'm sad and depressed, I'm gonna run away and hide......Oh, the events of this series have taught me to embrace life and try to be happy" thing.....it's fairly common in anime with some variation in form, and they're all better done than the one in SIGN.
AH.... sounds like Kamui from X TV or Makubex from GetBackers ..... so I suppose its somewhere along those lines... I like that kind of thing but is it bad because there is nothing interesting about the character itself or is it because there isn't much of a underlying story to him ..... and I take it that this Tsukasa guy is the main character right?
Old 2004-01-29, 04:48   Link #49
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

He's a central piece to the story, but everyone seems to be fairly main and important. Though there is a lot of focus on Tsukasa.

It's a nice series, just takes some time
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 17:34   Link #50
daliinn

I definetly like the show. I think it requires a much more mature audience because in order for one to truly appreciate it they need to pay attention! But the animation is nice and has great voice acting. Also you don't need to play the games too understand the show. But yeah its definetly an aquired taste
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 23:41   Link #51
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

hmm.... ok... after all the feed back I went and watched the 1st 3 eps..... erm.... must say am totally lost... don't know what's going on or why he's the way he is..... erm... but i must say that all the technical aspects of the anime are great like the sound, animation, soundtrack, voices and stuff...

but can someone tell me if this is going to end with a cliffhanger or will there be some end to it... doesn't have to be a good end just whether or not there is an end.... cause if there isn't... i don't think I wanna obtain anymore of the series...
Old 2004-01-30, 03:06   Link #52
Fronzel
Schmuck

There kinda isn't....on an emotional level, there is an ending of sorts for two of the most important characters (better then how some series end, though), and then there's the BUY .HACK GAMES part....which is no ending of any kind.

It's actually quite good for a while...maybe 13 episodes or so. Then it kinda melts away. There's some good fun....the sad pig-cow flying into the sky is in 01, isn't it?

And then there's that episode that focuses on Mimaru.
Old 2004-01-30, 21:00   Link #53
daliinn

The more you watch it the more sense it starts to make. You could get a better understanding by playing the games but the only problem is that they are fairly short and quite expensive since each of the games comes with a DVD. I can't really tell you the ending because i actually havn't seen it sorry
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 23:19   Link #54
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by daliinn
The more you watch it the more sense it starts to make. You could get a better understanding by playing the games but the only problem is that they are fairly short and quite expensive since each of the games comes with a DVD. I can't really tell you the ending because i actually havn't seen it sorry
went to animenfo and now I'm REALLY confused.... what's with all the other Hack____ series??? There's so many of them... are they all interlinked.. or stand alones... and if there are games that make the sequence to Hack//sign... which is first.....??? or are all the hack____ linked with each other and goes in order... cause if it does then maybe that's why the show isn't as great unless a person watches all of the Hack titles
Old 2004-01-31, 12:01   Link #55
kamij0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h
went to animenfo and now I'm REALLY confused.... what's with all the other Hack____ series??? There's so many of them... are they all interlinked.. or stand alones... and if there are games that make the sequence to Hack//sign... which is first.....??? or are all the hack____ linked with each other and goes in order... cause if it does then maybe that's why the show isn't as great unless a person watches all of the Hack titles

Hack Series has always been enjoyable for me. //Hack Sign should be the first then came out hack// dusk, Hack dusk is a more chibi version and there are some characters u'll notice in hack sign appearing in //hack dusk. IMO i watched dusk first and sign later, bud due to the big change in the style .. i kinda dropped sign, i should had watch sign first..
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 12:12   Link #56
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
I think .hack//SIGN is great!
Really.

But that is partly because i like anime that are much about feelings, and where you can actually sorta "dive" into the characters to understand their feelings and all...

If you want action, dont look .hack//SIGN

.hack//SIGN is like 90% talking, talking and talking, just talking, but if you can get into it, its very interesting, the plot is good and you partly uncover reasons, that you'r missing at first, and it really really takes awhile until you can finally see the whole picture, and you easily miss information if you only watch it once...

Its really complicated at times, but i really like that.
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 03:40   Link #57
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

ok. after listening to what the poll said i went out and bought myself the DVD limited edition with nice cover and stuff.... after watching the 1st 3 eps from my friend have decided to spend and keep this one because of the graphic quality and sound track...

thanks for all the opinions that you guys have contributed.... however i must say i regret one thing though... my bank account looks kinda empty now after this purchase.... sniff sniff...
Old 2004-02-07, 11:28   Link #58
WaRhEaD

I voted inbetween.

This because I wasn't satisfied in the end.
The music was great indeed, but it left a great deal uncoverd...

I would like to see more explanations in the end, but well... It was worth my time.

I liked it because after you go to sleep when you watched another 5 eps, you go down thinking. That is something most series do not!

BTW, which series are there with this kind of 'thinking' ?
WaRhEaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 21:55   Link #59
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

ok.... i've finished watching it and i must say... it was one twisted ending... i am confused as heck and furthermore... what's with the DVD subs????? i think someone in commented on it before and the subs were horrible... although i don't speak japanese i was forced to listen to the language rather than read the subs.... i think my japanese just improved by 20%..... i think i got ripped off
Old 2004-03-04, 01:28   Link #60
brassmonkey

hi need help understanding hack sign

hi. i've been watching hack sign. but alot of the plot i do not understand. like

who is aura, why is she so impt. why can't tsukana log out, its as if there is no computer there

how he got in The World.

whats this anime all abt?
brassmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote