Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-07, 22:26   Link #81
shadow1296

blood lad opening

Old 2013-07-08, 01:00   Link #82
Irenesharda

This is so cute and adorable for some reason, I love it!

I had reservations about this show since I don't usually care for random goofiness shows with no real overall plot. However, Blood Lad was the best of all the summer season premieres I've seen thus far! It's so hilarious! And it's randomness is charming.

I think Staz is one of the most adorable vamps I've ever seen. I can't stand loli vampires as they just seem off to me, but there something about this guy's love for all things Nippon and his huge desire to visit the human world, that I find so cute. The demon world is interesting and the characters are fascinating. The 3-eyed panda thing was also kawaii!

The girl wasn't annoying, which is always a plus in my book. In fact, she's taking the whole "being dead and trapped in another world she knows nothing about" thing pretty well. She and Staz have a connection and I find the fact that he wants to suck her blood a hint of romance to come. The comedy is so funny as well, I loved seeing Staz going through his collection, him reading "Dragonball" manga, having a Naruto/Goku cellphone charm, and him finding out that Square Enix doesn't know the meaning of the word "final" when it comes to Final Fantasy. (Oh, has that poor boy only had FF1 all this time? He need to do some serious shopping when he gets to our world.)

This romcom is so cute and funny that I really want to see it through. Wolf boy that looks like he could be Toshiriou's brother will be interesting to meet as well in the future. I can't wait till the next episode. I give this an 8/10.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 01:10   Link #83
Allium
Keep on keeping on

I don't usually watch anime comedies, but this one looks very promising! The art and character designs have a unique, charming style, and the premise is interesting too. Think I'll be holding onto this one.

Only ten episodes? Oh well...
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 04:57   Link #84
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Poor Fuyumi... :-)
Old 2013-07-08, 07:50   Link #85
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.1

staz is vampire but unlike those drink blood vampire he more into anime, manga, games, etc aka vampire otaku & happen be boss one of area in demon world.

then he got called from his crew that a human female enter demon so bring her to staz give wonder & say to female yet his crew being attack by killer plants so after hearing girl advice so save his crew & easily beat plant guy by grab his heart & splat it.

hurrah but back to his room one plant monster left & it ate the female & spit out her bones with clothes cue plant splat attack yer female is sorta ok but now she a ghost.

then staz going like i will bring this female back to life yet going idea get 7 balls to wish but female give named is fuyumi give better idea yet recall how she got into demon world.

cause enter a black curtain that is let anyone go human world to demon world so then co cafe had talk with 3rd eyes cafe owners & then some thought staz i’m going to human world til panic cause no staz there so screwed.

oh wait a person want to join staz’s crew have power to disguise as anything so like copy pretend to be staz all set have feast & now staz with fuyumi go to human world.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 08:14   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't know what to make of Blood Lad, but the shounen manga is strong in this one from this episode alone.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:14   Link #87
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, it's published in a seinen magazine and while that isn't always definitive, everything about the tone and humor screamed seinen to me. I'm not sure why there seems to be a belief that this series is a shounen, but it isn't in classification and I really don't think it is in terms of style either.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 09:17   Link #88
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So Haruto Tokushima becomes a full-fledged vampire otaku... Nice Brains Base!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 10:44   Link #89
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That was pretty funny, from the otaku vampire to the random newly acquired ghost to the even more random newbie who just became boss

Best scene in ep.1: Staz's reaction when he saw the bones^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 14:46   Link #90
ookamigirl

Staz sure is a weird one.
Yanagi is just an unlucky human...
Those two really make an unusual pair.
The story is fun, weird, different and interesting.
Will be watching this ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 15:24   Link #91
Ghanw
(-_-)

Episode 1: beautiful! So far the animation and sound are handled pretty well, the VA of the character worked very nice together. So far the pacing is 2-3 chapters per episode and as of right now I believe there are 47 so I am hoping they dont go to an alternate route for the story.
Old 2013-07-08, 16:31   Link #92
Blaat

That was surprising fun to watch, the only miss for me was the main female lead maybe it's the design or the voice (feels a bit like a miscast) or both.

Although I have to ask: it looks like Fuyumi wasn't wearing any underwear under her school uniform or did they just edited that out?
Old 2013-07-08, 18:17   Link #93
backbone
Banned

Liked the setting, the premise, and the characters, but my only problem is with the jokes. They felt too artificial and somewhat forced rather than occurring naturally within the flow of story, and as the result, they ended up being hit or miss to me.

Funny? Of course. Hilarious? Erm, no.
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 21:49   Link #94
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Vampire otaku who take the expressway down to the streets that was just awesome
Old 2013-07-09, 04:35   Link #95
Bern-san

If Jesus can be an otaku, why not a vampire

I really like the style and the premise looks entertaining. Another comedy with good expectations of future episodes which has Ohsaka as the main character.
Old 2013-07-09, 05:35   Link #96
Seiryuu

Question: what the heck is a "Tsuchinoko"?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 05:52   Link #97
HandofFate

Never would have guessed he was a vampire if the story didn't tell me. Peg more of as a zombie.

Even though it was done in a comedic manner, the way Staz killed the plant guy was pretty damn gruesome. Crushing his heart? ouch.

The way the girl died too. lol.
Seems this season has a lot of people dying and taking it rather well.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 06:39   Link #98
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Question: what the heck is a "Tsuchinoko"?
You can just type that directly into Wikipedia. From what I understood though, it's a bit snake that's apparently like a viper. A Japanese mythical creature, and the goal of Metal Gear Solid 3.

Hilariously someone already referenced Blood Lad as a pop culture reference to the tsuchinoko.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Never would have guessed he was a vampire if the story didn't tell me. Peg more of as a zombie.

Even though it was done in a comedic manner, the way Staz killed the plant guy was pretty damn gruesome. Crushing his heart? ouch.

The way the girl died too. lol.
Seems this season has a lot of people dying and taking it rather well.
That surprised me quite a bit. This show really doesn't care about people dying.

The whole time I was thinking: "Oh no, some sort of weird scene is going to occur where she's eaten by the plant!" Kept thinking it was going to be a scene I'd hate and some kind of horrible death. No scene, but still, they kind of passed it off like it was nothing. In a way that made it a bit hilarious. Suddenly she's just a skeleton and a school uniform!

The heart crushing scene was pretty cool. I expected him to just beat the crap out of the guy, but instead he telepathically crushes his heart. Talk about over the top.
Old 2013-07-09, 07:04   Link #99
Friday
Im shy too...

I give it another episode.....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 15:35   Link #100
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Why do I get Souleater vibes from the manga and anime?
just like how Fairy Tail feels like One Piece

Tags
seinen