Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-01, 09:22   Link #281
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
why again exactly are the novels/anime seinen........they seem more like a romance novel that girls would like? (then again i wouldn't really know since i haven't read them)
i mean the main "lead" character is a girl. isn't it.....isn't that like a quality of shoujo ?
Old 2008-04-01, 09:27   Link #282
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
why again exactly are the novels/anime seinen........they seem more like a romance novel that girls would like? (then again i wouldn't really know since i haven't read them)
i mean the main "lead" character is a girl. isn't it.....isn't that like a quality of shoujo ?
Because it was serialized in a seinen magazine... perhaps?
Having Momo as the "lead" doesn't really mean it is shojo, by the way.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-01, 11:39   Link #283
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

I suppose. I mean not that'd i'd really know. but U'd figure like a pseudo......well i guess this isn't really a romance.novel or anything. thats more Like hantsuki......I dont even know how'd u describe SNB. Sorry for so many questions btw. People seems to have diverging opinions about the novel and anime being shoujo...but now that u mention it it is serialized in a seinen magazine. and most websites list it as seinen. but some people insist it's shoujo. lol...

SNB is kinda odd in I dont think it really "has" a category.....
Old 2008-04-03, 15:24   Link #284
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Why does the label matter so much anyway - a show can be good or bad regardless of what tag gets attached to it. Best way to find out is to watch one episode, relying on superficial demographic labels is not going to get you anywhere most of the time.

No, the anime has no fanservice. And there is no romance either (unless we are talking some minor subplots involving the people in question in said subplot) - it is all about Momo's episodic adventures. think of the 6 episodes as 6 unrelated days of Shinigami's life. Its more about the people in each episodic adventure than it is about Momo.
Old 2008-04-03, 15:47   Link #285
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

yea I marathoned it all. it was quite awesome I must say!
Old 2008-04-03, 15:49   Link #286
FireChick

Quote:
No, the anime has no fanservice. And there is no romance either (unless we are talking some minor subplots involving the people in question in said subplot) - it is all about Momo's episodic adventures. think of the 6 episodes as 6 unrelated days of Shinigami's life. Its more about the people in each episodic adventure than it is about Momo.
That's what I loved the most about Shinigami no Ballad. No fanservice! That's the type of anime that gets my attention! I love this series! I haven't watched it in a while since I finished it. I've been reading my book alot in school too. I think I'll go back to the anime again. The first episode was adorable in all kinds of ways!
Old 2008-04-03, 19:28   Link #287
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Went and listened to the audio dramas for "Hikari no Kiseki" and "Snow Rebirth".
Put in one word: "Sob"
Put in two words: "Emotionally Moved"

Spoiler for a few thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-04, 00:13   Link #288
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireChick View Post
That's what I loved the most about Shinigami no Ballad. No fanservice! That's the type of anime that gets my attention! I love this series! I haven't watched it in a while since I finished it. I've been reading my book alot in school too. I think I'll go back to the anime again. The first episode was adorable in all kinds of ways!
exactly. too much fan-service is actually usually a turn OFF for me lol
Old 2008-06-12, 19:26   Link #289
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

It was a so-so anime by ANN standards to me... since it was short i didnt mind watching all 6 episodes but there wasnt anything really interesting about it. Just random working days of a shinigami...
Old 2008-12-28, 14:10   Link #290
Solafighter
Hige

Great series.

There is no more to say.

Tags
drama, fantasy, shounen