Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-04, 03:34   Link #3121
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
from picture above, every old buddies including ugo has displeased expression. they are all al-thamen. i wonder if wahid and setta will make appearance as villain. as ithnan and falan already appeared...

and its weird to type wahid, setta, arba, ithnan as i knew arab language since child. is just like saying one, two, three, four and make them as a subject

and i just realize from that pic, falan's boobs are so damn big

and the staff is suited too. arba is in ugo's side. and the creepy magi is sheeba. same staff!
Spoiler for staff:
Just finished reading the chapter. At this point, I gotta say that Sheba have much more chance to become corrupted. It's probably just my own feeling but Arba seems to be too much sane to become a nutjob like Gyokuen. While Sheba still seems to have her eyes of devotion ( Back in the days of her fanatic way ).
Old 2014-05-12, 00:52   Link #3122
hamazura
whatever

10 years since last chapter...
new chapter finally out...
and this chapter is so exci- zZz....
Old 2014-05-13, 15:39   Link #3123
ChampDream
Alive

at least Solomon is starting to see Sheba with different eyes.
Old 2014-05-13, 16:25   Link #3124
Awrya
U mad?

Sheba sure grew into a fine woman~

There was some speculation about how Arba was Gyokuen and not Sheba.
It's based on the fact that Sheba's pupils are black while Arba's and Gyokuen's are similar, but it could be a red herring.

I wonder how many more chapters the Alma Toran arc will have.
It was interesting when they first revealed the Alma Toran arc in Ch.214, but I honestly expected the story to advance much faster.
At this rate, it could go on for another 10+ chapters before we reach the conclusion.

It could be interesting if Aladdin decides to take a break from story telling because the sun started falling and he'll continue next morning. We'll then see how the king vessels judge Solomon's action and their own thought about equality between races.
Old 2014-05-16, 07:57   Link #3125
Hamazura 2.0
wtf i cant login bro

chapter again zZz
i wonder what ugo and solomon talking, but thats it... zZz.... at least give us action.... with super imba alma toran magician, you can make infinite cool action...
Hamazura 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 06:44   Link #3126
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 225:
Old 2014-05-18, 07:35   Link #3127
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

I'm with you on this point.
Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-20, 02:22   Link #3128
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Ugo made me laugh with his FA status . And Wahid's comment just add more salt to the injury: " There should be a woman that's just like you in this world, you know.". Yeah, there's one but she's not in this world . So Ugo is pretty much the brain behind the current world with his discovery of "Rukh"?. But then the original color of Rukh is black ?. Does that mean Al-Thamen actually is right with their goal of "Screw destiny" ?

Revolution without a clear guidance will just create more troubles and violence. Not to mention Solomon and his group's idea is like thousand years too soon. I doubt all other species have the full understanding of "freedom and equality" concept. Solomon should have crushed the Orthodox ASAP then he would have time to work on rebuilding the world.
Old 2014-05-20, 02:58   Link #3129
hamazura
whatever

that kid will grow up into literally motherfucker
Old 2014-05-20, 03:36   Link #3130
Kaengel
Chupa Chups Eater

I was thinking of something.
Twins. For Sheba and Solomon. One being Gyokuen. The second being Aladdin. The second wasn't in the world for a long time it seems, while Gyokuen was inside way before him. The difference in age can be explained easily by saying that Aladdin was in a kind of special place.
Old 2014-05-20, 09:16   Link #3131
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlia View Post
I was thinking of something.
Twins. For Sheba and Solomon. One being Gyokuen. The second being Aladdin. The second wasn't in the world for a long time it seems, while Gyokuen was inside way before him. The difference in age can be explained easily by saying that Aladdin was in a kind of special place.
But didn't Ugo say that Aladdin was a copy of Solomon? This would mean that Aladdin IS Solomon. I can't think of any historical figures that Sheba's son would be named after.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 09:56   Link #3132
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the rukh were originally black. I think I'm starting to understand what Solomon's mistake was. He created the rukh's flow and essentially robbed people of the freedom to decide their own fate. I can see why that would rub some people the wrong way.
Old 2014-05-20, 12:43   Link #3133
Awrya
U mad?

They theorize that souls follow a certain cycle, and the reason Il Ilah has been growing weaker is because something interferes with the cycle?

My guess is Elder David first realised the cycle and created a reservoir where souls gather after death. The enslavement of the other species could have been just a way to efficiently harvest souls, as they are worked to death.
In fact, his true intention may be the same as Solomon & Ugo, having realised that coexistence between other species will be impossible without guidance and is thus trying to create a new cycle.
After hundreds of years of working, Solomon comes to steal all the rukh away from his father, but as David didn't try to stop the rebellion when it was still small, he probably believes that Solomon will come to the same conclusion as him. He may not care who creates the new flow as long as it is created (parental love?).

No wonder Al Tharmen oppose the world and the flow of fate since they originally started their rebellion because they were against someone controlling the world.
Black rukh broke free of the cycle created by Solomon and trying to return to their original place, summons Il Ilah to their position.
Al Tharmen don't even necessarily have to be successful at summoning Il Ilah, as long as it is able to snatch rukh every now and then, it may become powerful enough to come enter the world on its own.

This is getting even better, can't wait for Alma Toran arc to appear in season 3.
Old 2014-05-20, 13:26   Link #3134
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think that Ugo found black rukh just because of the state that Alma Toran was in at the time; on the brink of world war, filled with negative emotions from all sides - that's the path that world had been set on at the time of that discovery.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-20, 13:36   Link #3135
Slayerx

I got into this series not too long ago; I think by the time I caught up they were coming right up to the summit. It was a fun ride, but I've hit a very uncomfortable bump.

I find this arc WAY too boring. The revelations are not good enough for how long the story has to be dragged out to get there. Oddly enough i might say the story is both too fast and too slow.

The biggest problem is actually that the arc feels rushed. We are introduced to a bunch of new characters but we do not spend enough time with them to CARE about them. We just jump from plot point, to plot point. Its like reading just the cliff notes of a story. In a sense this arc probably should have been like 50-100 chapters, and go into great detail who the characters are and what they are doing; Heck Solomon's story could have been a spin-off of its own. But we are getting... its just drawn out and I don't feel like I have any reason to care about these characters.

I would also prefer that this entire story be summarized into just a couple of chapters, in an exposition dump that just hands us the revelations, rather than it all being drawn out like this. That would tell me the revelations I would want to know, without having to sit through a boring slog of characters I don't care about. Then I could get back to the characters I DO care about

So ya... I would either want a short exposition dump(boring, but it gets straight to the point and is over very quickly), or a long detailed side story(build up a new cast of characters and a plot for me to love). This falls in between, and just has the worst qualities of each method.

Atleast I got the Sinbad spin off to keep me entertained...
Old 2014-05-20, 15:54   Link #3136
ChampDream
Alive

Interesting learning that Ugo found rukh and is more interesting that is black rukh.
The story of the resistance is kinda similar of the story of Israel when they start saying they need a king.
Old 2014-05-21, 03:52   Link #3137
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
They theorize that souls follow a certain cycle, and the reason Il Ilah has been growing weaker is because something interferes with the cycle?

My guess is Elder David first realised the cycle and created a reservoir where souls gather after death. The enslavement of the other species could have been just a way to efficiently harvest souls, as they are worked to death.
In fact, his true intention may be the same as Solomon & Ugo, having realised that coexistence between other species will be impossible without guidance and is thus trying to create a new cycle.
After hundreds of years of working, Solomon comes to steal all the rukh away from his father, but as David didn't try to stop the rebellion when it was still small, he probably believes that Solomon will come to the same conclusion as him. He may not care who creates the new flow as long as it is created (parental love?).

No wonder Al Tharmen oppose the world and the flow of fate since they originally started their rebellion because they were against someone controlling the world.
Black rukh broke free of the cycle created by Solomon and trying to return to their original place, summons Il Ilah to their position.
Al Tharmen don't even necessarily have to be successful at summoning Il Ilah, as long as it is able to snatch rukh every now and then, it may become powerful enough to come enter the world on its own.

This is getting even better, can't wait for Alma Toran arc to appear in season 3.

I think David actually reached the same conclusion about this world way before Ugo. He probably realized that without a strong, ideal guidance ( The flow of the Rukh ), the world would always be filled with chaos and violence. He decided that the world has to change and he came up with the Gunud tower. With that tower, he played the villain role - a common enemy of all species. He provide all species a reason to co-operate and a King to lead them to happiness ( His son Solomon ). That's why he doesn't care much about his son's rebellion - It's part of his plan.

Solomon's friends probably realized it later and coudn't take it - "Solomon's Arrogance" could be the fact that no matter what they do or how many time they're reborn, their fate would still be in the flow of Rukh, they can never actually make their own destiny since it has to follow some basic rules. I think this is more than enough for them to rebel against Solomon.

On the topic of Sindbad spin-off, quick character developement seems to be Sindbad's weakness ( Like how he reacted upon seeing fat Aladdin and fat Alibaba )
Spoiler for A new Hinahoho ?:
Old 2014-05-27, 03:16   Link #3138
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

New chapter is out, and Solomon is now a King officially. And Ugo decided to show his friends about the Rukh. The feeling is like how people first discovered LASER: "What can it do, huh ? " and Ugo's response is also classic: " I don't know yet but it's a totally new stuff and it got many awesome way to be useful in....the future."
Old 2014-05-27, 04:37   Link #3139
natchu96

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
New chapter is out, and Solomon is now a King officially. And Ugo decided to show his friends about the Rukh. The feeling is like how people first discovered LASER: "What can it do, huh ? " and Ugo's response is also classic: " I don't know yet but it's a totally new stuff and it got many awesome way to be useful in....the future."
It's too bad that he lost his body before he got to meet Yamraiha. The two would've many magic otaku topics to talk about . . . if he could just summon his head XD

Looks like the Rukh is Solomon's last-ditch effort of enforcing equality amongst the species.

And wait . . . we need Il Illah-level power to harness the power of the Rukh's plane . . . didn't they already figure out ages ago someone is draining Il Illah? Did they forget already?
natchu96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 16:12   Link #3140
ChampDream
Alive

With Solomon being force as king, I can see how things turn bad afterward.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen