AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-09, 00:21   Link #1181
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I've said before, this game is going to be AWESOME.

Still looking forward to Versus more though.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 00:30   Link #1182
Shadow Kira01

Regarding the new information of FFXIII..

It seems that all of the summons are now capable of transforming into vehicles which makes them both cool and useful at the same time. However, it also appears that each character only can have one summon as that Shiva becomes the motorcycle of Snow, while Odin becomes Lightning's horse. Serah's Ifrit most likely will become her flashy red sports car. For that matter, I wonder if the popular and powerful Bahamut will be making an appearance this time around. What can Bahamut transform into? The idea of a dragon rider doesn't fit into this sci-fi setting. Since Odin is present, there is no longer the need for Yojimbo as that they share similar techniques or rather to say, different techniques but same result to it.

About the fact that Lightning and Serah are sisters, I had thought so when she first made an appearance as that I had even mistaken her to be Lightning the first time I check out FFXIII. Or more precisely, Serah appears to be a younger version of Lightning. Unfortunately, it seems that I had mistaken Vanille for Serah. *facepalm*

Currently, I am more curious as to whether Lightning's gunblade is customizable or not as in weapon change. Well.. Considering that she wields the same gunblade from the beginning til midway into the story, I don't think there will be weapon purchases or changing but more like customizing the weapons to make it more powerful or special in a way.

Anyhow, I am definitely looking forward to the release of FFXIII as that it seems to be the best game of the entire series in my opinion as of now.

----
It seems the full seiyuu cast is still unavailable for FFXIII. Considering that Nabatame Hitomi had voiced the female enemy commander role in Growlanser V, maybe she might become the seiyuu for Jihl Nabaat.

Spoiler for Growlanser V:
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 00:40   Link #1183
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Currently, I am more curious as to whether Lightning's gunblade is customizable or not as in weapon change. Well.. Considering that she wields the same gunblade from the beginning til midway into the story, I don't think there will be weapon purchases or changing but more like customizing the weapons to make it more powerful or special in a way.
This means little... most demos and trailers for every JRPG ever only show the starting weapons...

I can't see them NOT having weapon purchasing... it's FF for god's sake.

What I'd like to see in regards to equipment though, is something along the lines of what Lost Odyssey tried... no actual armor other than what the characters actually wear (or maybe just shields like in FFX), but simply accessories that add to a character's appearance.

As for Bahamut... it would have to be some kind of aircraft, and I can't see that working in battle... maybe a story summon like FFIX's Alexander... or, better, yet, why not make Bahamut turn into your airship? That'd be fairly innovative.
Old 2009-09-09, 00:41   Link #1184
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Haiz?

Quote:
just wondering how many discs would be on xbox
3, as far as I know.
Old 2009-09-09, 00:58   Link #1185
Iron Maw
Banned

This probably the best detail impression on Demo so far:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/200...i_impressions/
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 09:13   Link #1186
Iron Maw
Banned

From Blazing Darknesson Neo GAF
Quote:
FFXIII (not sure if this is real or not, atm)
-Roles may appear to be similar to X-2's Dress Sphere system, but is much more extensive. Input commands will be executed properly
-Party member changes mid-battle is still under wraps
-90% complete
-A 15min playable of the product with difficulty turned down will be available at TGS
-Optima is an evolved ATB system; there's a strategic aspect in addition to chained command input and actions which are fused together.
-Really simply put, commands and jobs issued to the AI can be changed in real-time
-When the optima is changed, the characters will take a pose
-In-battle camera will emphasize "coolness" and while focusing on the player, will swap between an overhead and action view. Of course, you will be able to freely move it around as well.
-Flame/frost/etc effects will be displayed repeatedly (overlapped?) and in some situations, all effects will be rather chaotic (sorry crummy translation)
-Roles will have levels and based on characters, growth will be handled differently
-Enemy attacks will be unrelenting, so while auto-command will be selectable, you will be unable to adapt to the situations unless you handle the characters (i think?) because depending on the Optima, the fight may be easy or difficult.
-Difficulty is planned to be balanced so that if you don't change Optima, you will not win
-If you suck at playing, boost items which will allow you to win even with crummy playing, and if you're good at playing, rare items can be obtained.
-Weapon and character growth have a separate system, but that's still under wraps.
-Summons are extremely powerful..kinda like Odin is god of gods! (not sure how to appropriately translate)
-There are trash mobs of varying strength in one area. It's not necessarily just weak mobs at the beginning.
-You might encounter a large number of trash mobs and struggle quite a bit.
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/...xiii-gameplay/
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 17:34   Link #1187
Cinocard

Damn, this is wonderful.

Wonderful.

Though every single summons transforming into battle means that their size would be reduce by quite a bit though.

I can clearlysee the yuri scene of the Shiva sisters now
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 19:37   Link #1188
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I can't see them NOT having weapon purchasing... it's FF for god's sake.
Not really..

Final Fantasy X-2 did not have weapon change. In fact, you don't even change any equipment aside from accessories and the dressphere itself.

Quote:
As for Bahamut... it would have to be some kind of aircraft, and I can't see that working in battle... maybe a story summon like FFIX's Alexander... or, better, yet, why not make Bahamut turn into your airship? That'd be fairly innovative.
Sounds like a great idea!!!
Old 2009-09-09, 23:42   Link #1189
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Not really..

Final Fantasy X-2 did not have weapon change. In fact, you don't even change any equipment aside from accessories and the dressphere itself.
FFX-2 is a travesty to games and gaming alike.
Old 2009-09-10, 00:29   Link #1190
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Wow, I'm not sure if this has been pointed out before.

But Serah looks an awful lot like Lightning, and since Snow calls her Nee-san. I'm assuming Lightning is probably going to be Serah's older sister.

YES my Sazh x Lightning pairing is still possible.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 03:46   Link #1191
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Haiz?

3, as far as I know.
They call that one the Toy Box version.

But seriously, Lightning's combat poses are just awesome. She looks smexy in pretty much every single in battle screenshot of her I've seen. Even her neutral stance looks great. I never thought an obviously female Cloud could look so good, but here we are. I just hope her character lives up to her appearance.

Oh and Nomura....right now we're even, but don't do anything stupid last minute like redesign her outfit to be all black and with zippers eveywhere (I'm willing to let the belts slide). These are the first designs you've come up with that I consider good in years.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 12:14   Link #1192
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Oh and Nomura....right now we're even, but don't do anything stupid last minute like redesign her outfit to be all black and with zippers eveywhere (I'm willing to let the belts slide). These are the first designs you've come up with that I consider good in years.
lol your right on about the designs, they are pretty damn good here.
Now I understand that they have to come up with a fashion that fits the worlds in FF but for the most part they weren't really great to look at.

Something I wish made a return is the summon Knights of the Round.
Now I know alot of people generally like Bahamut, Odin and Ifrit but Knights of the Round will always be my fav, it was awesome!
Old 2009-09-11, 04:21   Link #1193
ShinGundam

New video from news channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEnexMO1-0I
ShinGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 07:10   Link #1194
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

So....has anyone pre-ordered their copy or is everyone just starting their -365 days countdown for the English release.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 07:20   Link #1195
Renya

waiting for the 6 month release for english unless surprisingly they put english subs in the japanese version then i would buy that lol
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 13:52   Link #1196
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i would buy the limit ed just for shiva twins
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:14   Link #1197
Shadow Kira01

I haven't even got the PS3 system but its definitely worth it for the FFXIII series.
Old 2009-09-11, 18:33   Link #1198
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not pre-ordering anywhere until I see pre-order bonuses, or if only stores gets an exclusive special edition of some sort. But considering this is Final Fantasy, they don't need to go through these hoops to sell their product, so its highly unlikely either is the case.

So my only concern is getting the game ASAP. And considering my local EB game had a midnight sale for FF12, I think I'll save myself the custom and S&H fee this time around by buying there, despite my VERY bad experiences with brick and mortar EBs.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 20:56   Link #1199
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Not pre-ordering anywhere until I see pre-order bonuses, or if only stores gets an exclusive special edition of some sort. But considering this is Final Fantasy, they don't need to go through these hoops to sell their product, so its highly unlikely either is the case.

So my only concern is getting the game ASAP. And considering my local EB game had a midnight sale for FF12, I think I'll save myself the custom and S&H fee this time around by buying there, despite my VERY bad experiences with brick and mortar EBs.
Yeah unless there is some kind of bonus then I don't really bother with pre-ordering. True that Final Fantasy really doesn't need those kinds of things to draw in people since they'll be picking it right off the shelves anyways .

Well I'll be looking forward to this and try to be patient.
Old 2009-09-12, 06:44   Link #1200
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
FFX-2 is a travesty to games and gaming alike.
The game was pretty good though, awesome even(if you ignore the story). Only the story sucked, but hey at least I got trough the game unlike FF12(mostly because I didn't care for the story or the characters).
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, ps3, rpg, square-enix, xbox 360