AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-11, 00:18   Link #16201
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Well, now I see Birdway being more similar to Fiamma than I thought (before Touma Punch.) She seems to be a well intended extremist, like him, though she doesn't have the delusion of being the "good guy"... I guess in a sense she's more mature than Fiamma, weird as it may sound.
It's the same tale over again- We'll eventually learn how all these 'smart and strong' people are actually weak inside by another villain.

Carissa got told by Fiamma, who in turn got told by Crowley, who in turn got told by Birdway, who in turn would probably get told by Odin etc.

Nobody's as mature as they originally seem.
Old 2012-01-11, 00:20   Link #16202
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

damn looks like touma is gonna try to ditch misaka then she''ll have to follow him again
Old 2012-01-11, 00:35   Link #16203
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Touma will just try to leave her. It's not like he'll be successful anyway.

Here's to hoping Misaka FINALLY confesses next volume.
Old 2012-01-11, 00:54   Link #16204
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
Touma will just try to leave her. It's not like he'll be successful anyway.

Here's to hoping Misaka FINALLY confesses next volume.
More like CLEARLY confesses... as she basically already confessed, and even the obtuse Touma understands how much she's willing to do for him, even if he can't make the obvious conclusion... it's like he gets is, but not quite...

What I hope is that Touma doesn't go all emo in NT4.
Old 2012-01-11, 01:29   Link #16205
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I hope Touma will realize Mikoto's feeling for him. And I also hope that he'll be doing something about jerkass who manipulate his action for their own gain. There's a limit of how dumb he can be when it's over 20 volumes he keeps doing those things.
Old 2012-01-11, 01:40   Link #16206
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I hope Touma will realize Mikoto's feeling for him. And I also hope that he'll be doing something about jerkass who manipulate his action for their own gain. There's a limit of how dumb he can be when it's over 20 volumes he keeps doing those things.
Do what? Save lives? Protect his city? Save multiple countries?
Old 2012-01-11, 03:03   Link #16207
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I agree. Having him being that dumb is really getting old and I really wish it's going to stop soon, especially with Mikoto who's in love with him while he's far from being indifferent to her.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:09   Link #16208
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Do what? Save lives? Protect his city? Save multiple countries?
This. So much this.
I'm asking people, begging them, please stop looking at from the perspective of what we know, and look at it from Touma's perspective.

All of Alisters manipulations; we know about it, but he's oblivious because, logically, he has no way of knowing about any of this.

He knows about maybe 80% of the shit people have been tricking him into doing, and as far as he's concerned, he's punched most of them anyway.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:20   Link #16209
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
This. So much this.
I'm asking people, begging them, please stop looking at from the perspective of what we know, and look at it from Touma's perspective.

All of Alisters manipulations; we know about it, but he's oblivious because, logically, he has no way of knowing about any of this.

He knows about maybe 80% of the shit people have been tricking him into doing, and as far as he's concerned, he's punched most of them anyway.

Actually it's something even simpler than that; What else is he suppose to do? Nothing? That's not an option in 90% of the incidents he gets caught up with.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:30   Link #16210
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually it's something even simpler than that; What else is he suppose to do? Nothing? That's not an option in 90% of the incidents he gets caught up with.
Actually, on that note I'm wondering how much differently all these events would have played out if Touma didn't have his memory loss.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:44   Link #16211
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Actually, on that note I'm wondering how much differently all these events would have played out if Touma didn't have his memory loss.
I don't see how that would make any difference after his determination to save Index, but even without considering it...

Deep Blood - No Choice, Necessarius yanking his chain.
Level 6 Shift - To save a girl he knows
Angel Fall - No Choice, Got caught up in the middle
Fake Date - No Choice, Someone's trying to kill him
Imaginary Number - No Choice, Someone's trying to kill him
Book of Law - No Choice, Necessarius yanking his chain.
Remnant - To save a girl he knows
Daihaisensai - No Choice, Necessarius yanking his chain, Academy City in danger.
Queen's Fleet - Got caught up in the middle, Academy City in danger.
Academy City Invasion - No Choice, Someone's trying to kill him, To save a girl he knows, Academy City in danger
France - Free world in danger
Aqua - No Choice, Someone's trying to kill him
Britain - No Choice, Necessarius yanking his chain.
Old 2012-01-11, 09:45   Link #16212
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
He'd probably piss the Church off even faster by telling them his hand has the power to kill God.
Old 2012-01-11, 10:03   Link #16213
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
He'd probably piss the Church off even faster by telling them his hand has the power to kill God.
Which would only happen pre-amnesia.

And Chaos, that's a really good point out there. Would have up-repped if I hadn't done so the last time.
Old 2012-01-11, 10:18   Link #16214
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Which would only happen pre-amnesia.
I'm having amusing thoughts at the responses Touma would get from God's Right Seat if he told them he could kill God.

Quote:
And Chaos, that's a really good point out there. Would have up-repped if I hadn't done so the last time.
I did it for you.
Old 2012-01-11, 10:23   Link #16215
desrtsku
Nympholept

His "really serious" pre-amnesia counterpart might actually be pretty hax considering what Terra said (though it's still to vague) >.> but his line of action would actually be the same except some little details here and there with that famous friend he constantly saves
Old 2012-01-11, 12:02   Link #16216
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
More like CLEARLY confesses... as she basically already confessed, and even the obtuse Touma understands how much she's willing to do for him, even if he can't make the obvious conclusion... it's like he gets is, but not quite...
I have the feeling that if even Mikoto confesses Touma correspond her because he has higher priority on saving people and fighting GREMLIN. Also, what the hell, this is no romantic series, thats unlikely to happen in the first volumes of a series.

Quote:
What I hope is that Touma doesn't go all emo in NT4.
The closest time he was to going emo was before memory loss when Stiyl told him he was useless to save Index on Vol.1 and the time when Fiamma told him Index knows about his memory loss on Vol.20 but on both situation Touma did overcome them very fast so I doubt something like that will happen again unless something really BIG happens to the persons he is trying to protect.
Old 2012-01-11, 12:59   Link #16217
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
His "really serious" pre-amnesia counterpart might actually be pretty hax considering what Terra said (though it's still to vague) >.>
No. If one reads volume 1 prologue and how Touma describes his right hand, he pretty much knew about it then the same things he knows now.
Old 2012-01-11, 13:25   Link #16218
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
No. If one reads volume 1 prologue and how Touma describes his right hand, he pretty much knew about it then the same things he knows now.
I don't really know what to say in response to that, since it's true that in many occasions in vol 1 he depicted his hand as useless and bothersome and moreover he was put in situations where he should have used its full potential if he actually could. But I'd say not everything he knew about IB was told () in that volume and most likely "the God killing" stuff ... I don't think that something which couldn't even handle the first stage of Dragon Breath could really kill God, neither he was just using a hyperbole (that's fishy, he probably tried to hide it or he couldn't unlock it under those conditions or he just was afraid of possible drawbacks ... or maybe it was the "invisible thing" and he once showed he didn't like to rely on it). In addition to that, hints about IB's possible "upgrade" or "downgrade" are said throughout the novels like in vol 4 where his father said he used to "bring misfortune to other people" (or am I making here assumption here? well I'm still a new guy ...). And according to Terra there was something else really important that the old Kamijou knew and should have never forgot ... also, I don't think one could deduce that a guy has lost his memory from his forgetting of trivial facts.
Old 2012-01-11, 13:46   Link #16219
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Terra proposed that Touma knew how to do Kekkaishi kinda stuff with the Imagine Breaker, but he forgot. Old Touma described his right hand as to be effective as only his right hand; thus Terra is wrong.

Simple. If the right hand can do more or not, that's not the issue, the question was if old Touma was better and the answer is, he is not.
Old 2012-01-11, 14:36   Link #16220
desrtsku
Nympholept

err ... wait
1. *sigh* I never said he was better anyway. I just stated that he might be pretty overpowered if he could do what Terra said (but he'd still win over and get pwned by the same kind of opponents just like the amnesic one)

2. Saying that Terra, a veteran magician who's more experienced than a high school boy (who doesn't even know anything about occult at that time and the nature of his power ... unlike the later), is wrong is pretty much assumptions.

3. I don't remember him saying that he couldn't "willingly extend" it? I'm pretty sure it was just said that the ability as it was doesn't go beyond his wrist (or am I wrong again?)

Last edited by desrtsku; 2012-01-11 at 14:45. Reason: hmm, I forgot something
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen