AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-05-03, 18:52   Link #21
RaistlinMajere
Now in MHD!
*Fansubber

I might be up for working on some 80s stuff... No Gundam or kids shows though. feel free to message me on Rizon (nick Dansolo). Groups that have no translator need not apply.
RaistlinMajere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 03:38   Link #22
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i think there are alot more 80s ova fansubs out there....

but they're all still on VHS, heh.

in a closet.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 15:52   Link #23
Area88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
i think there are alot more 80s ova fansubs out there.... but they're all still on VHS, heh.
I'm geting around 12 vhs fansubs of obscure 80's OVA that havn't been uploaded on to the net yet including stuff like: Urban Square, Bavi Stock and a lot more.
Area88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 22:10   Link #24
Chirico

In a few days I will be getting the R2 DVDs of the Votoms OVAs. Would any group be interested in subbing them?
Chirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 09:06   Link #25
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Anyone willing to sub Dancouga ova? Because I am downloading the raw right now. Also is the Dancouga series incensed? if they are not I could try to get the whole series and someone cloud try to sub it.
Old 2007-08-29, 18:19   Link #26
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

So seriously will anyone sub Dancouga OVA I think it's chouju Kishin Dancougar: Hakunetsu no Shusho
I have the raw to the first episode.
Old 2007-09-01, 14:36   Link #27
Area88

I have provided the rare and obscure Nineteen19 ova at my website, follow the banner below:

If anyone wishes to create a torrent for it then please do since I don't have the bandwith.
Old 2007-10-10, 20:39   Link #28
Shounen
Away for good

Most 90/80's (even 70's) OVAs and TV Series can be found on DVDs these days, if it goes for "remastered" as some may call or if it goes for "new edition" ones.
I've seen alot on EX2, so I know if I'm right or wrong on this one.

I'd be happy to TL a OVA or a serie, if I could just get a peak on the artwork, as I have a sense of not touching anything that goes beyond my "requirements".

Must be R2 NTSC-J no HK DVDs as source (.ISO or vobs will do).
These are the things I go for, Art and source. So gimme a PM if your looking for a TLor/Encoder.

I've worked with VHS rips before, so I know when it's really LQ ^_^
Shounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 21:17   Link #29
hideFan

Not really an ova, but Im trying to get a group together to sub Shin Bikkuriman (1989). I have all 72 eps in glorious quality, begging to be subbed.
hideFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-23, 13:33   Link #30
Area88

Hi guys,

I have kindly been given the raws to the 1985, 3 part OVA series Fandora.

Each episode is 30 minutes long and since it's an action orientated show, there isn't that much dialogue to translate at all.

Sourced from the original DVD release in 2001 in it's original VOB format at 1100mb per file, I can supply you the raws in their original uncompressed form or my personal encodes at 250mb per episode. You would be geting the absolute best source available, beating even the LD hands down.

Here are some small screen caps taken from episode. There is also a trailer for Fandora over at Gaga Communications section of my site Anime Classics Reviews if you want to see it there. I have already uploaded the first episode and is ready to go, anyone interested?

To show I'm serious here is Fandora OVA - Part 1 of 2 (link to Part 2 will only be given once to the legitimate translator who volunteers here). Please post here or PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by Area88; 2007-10-23 at 13:58.
Old 2007-11-26, 06:04   Link #31
Soshen
Kanjisub ******

I've a lot of rare 70' and 80's anime if someone would like see it

We need a Editor!
Soshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-26, 17:36   Link #32
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Anyone got decent raws for Video Warrior Laserion. I stumbled across the series and the plot+production quality sparked my interest. It isn't an OVA, but that shouldn't matter since a a good series is a good series either way.
getfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-27, 15:54   Link #33
ginge_ranger

Chouju Kishin Dancougar: Hakunetsu no Shusho (OAV) defo looks like something I'd be interested in ... I could speak to my translator is someone wants?

And if someone could provide RAWs as well of course :P
ginge_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 13:53   Link #34
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post
Anyone got decent raws for Video Warrior Laserion. I stumbled across the series and the plot+production quality sparked my interest. It isn't an OVA, but that shouldn't matter since a a good series is a good series either way.
I know a few people who'd give an arm, leg, or some teeth for Laserion, but it's really a difficult show to get good materials for: there's no DVD, no LD, and if the YJ auctions are anything to go by, no commercial VHS (although rentals are a possibility). I know someone who has....one tape? (if that) worth of random episodes, but they're minimum 3rd or 4th generation.

If you're really desperate, Henshin Video (King of chop shop mecha video) has 1-4 in Japanese and 1-15 dubbed in English from the Phillippenes. You'll be paying through the nose for it, but you could also get quite a bit of cred and appreciation for posting rips afterwards. =P
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 03:25   Link #35
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

Well there are VCD's I saw awhile back. I guess the best bet though is too monitor reruns on j-tv networks and hit up winny after a marathon or something ;x. Kinda shitty how a great series like this gets no respect and shit like MD Geist gets a remastered dvd >.>
Old 2007-12-03, 19:49   Link #36
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post
Kinda shitty how a great series like this gets no respect and shit like MD Geist gets a remastered dvd >.>
I actually liked the first MD Geist OVA, but in part that's because I love staring at a good trainwreck.

As far as Laserion being great, don't say that until you see it - the execution could have been bloody awful. I *do* know, though, that all of the wireframe sequences were done by hand - at the time the show was produced it ended up being far too expensive to actually CG all of the in-series sequences (most shows had one sequence in the OP...look at Bismark or Tobikage).
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 15:30   Link #37
getfresh
done
*Fansubber

I've watched a few epis already. It's up to snuff, trust me.
Old 2007-12-06, 21:11   Link #38
Soshen
Kanjisub ******

I want do panzer world Galient...

We need a Editor!
Soshen is offline   Reply With Quote