3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.27%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-16, 10:17   Link #241
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
As expected, 00 Gundam's Trans Am fails.
This confuses me a bit: was it really a mechanical failure or is the problem inherent to Gundam 00's design?

If it was the first: I might have a little more understanding for Graham's choice as it would suit character clearly (dumb as I think it is ).

If it was the latter: There is no dishonour in killing a foe who is down because he blew up his engine after needing the extra output to defeat you. This is a legitimate kill, as you managed to stay alive (your own skill) during the time your opponent was in overdrive and even forced your opponent to do this in the first place (again: your own skill). In this case Graham (actually the writers) is really warping his sense of honour and is just being dumb. Disclaimer: IMO.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 10:23   Link #242
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Silly me.

I think the sofa Ribbons has makes up for the bath on the mountain.
No way man, the bath was the epitome of suave. Outside on a mountain with Corinthian(I believe that is the style not quite sure) pillars and rose petals sprinkled on the surface of the water. Beats a couch any day. :P
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 10:26   Link #243
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Setsuna obviously got a character shield out there this episode. Just as my friend predicted, his Gundam shut down Serve him right for his disregard for the warning by Ian. He is just lucky that Mr Bushido's pride wouldn't allow him to go for the kill. Is Setsuna's smile, his first smile on screen? I don't remember seeing him smile before in the series except the cover from Animage.

Today episode is on Allelujah's and Marie's past. Can it be considered as a romance episode? As of today, Allelujah is officially taken. There other 3 can be out for bid . I'm impressed by Sergei. I salute him just as Soma would. Who will be able to find someone as understanding as Sergei to release Soma for her happiness? Stellar didn't. This is just about Shinn and Stellar except Allelujah didn't return Soma to Sergei and Sergei didn't send Soma out for battle again. It shouldn't happen and never will.

Who is the Tieria's look-alike lady in the ball shown in the preview?

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 10:28   Link #244
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
What happen to Louise and Andrei after Saji triggers?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 10:35   Link #245
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Nothin happens. Someone lost an arm.
Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 10:37   Link #246
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
No way man, the bath was the epitome of suave. Outside on a mountain with Corinthian(I believe that is the style not quite sure) pillars and rose petals sprinkled on the surface of the water. Beats a couch any day. :P
I'm not saying it beats the sofa --- i'm saying the sofa is the bath of Gundam 00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I don't think i should tell you. You'll have more fun finding out for yourself.
Old 2008-11-16, 10:40   Link #247
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Setsuna obviously got a character shield out there this episode. Just as my friend predicted, his Gundam shut down Serve him right for his disregard for the warning by Ian. He is just lucky that Mr Bushido's pride wouldn't allow him to go for the kill. Is Setsuna's smile, his first smile on screen? I don't remember seeing him smile before in the series except the cover from Animage.
He smiled when Lockon called him 'a gundam nut' last season.

Quote:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm not saying it beats the sofa --- i'm saying the sofa is the bath of Gundam 00.
Ms. Wang is reserving the bath scene, thank you very much.

But still, Ribbons is taking the steps in the right direction in terms of fashion. Sure, he only has a sofa now, but wiat tell next episode for the party
Old 2008-11-16, 10:43   Link #248
Halibel-sama
Tres Espada

Quote:
Is Setsuna's smile, his first smile on screen? I don't remember seeing him smile before in the series except the cover from Animage.
He smiled when Lockon complimented him about being a Gundam nut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Ian fired a bunch of GN missiles and I think Louise' GN-XIII lost an arm as a result. Andrei also got some plus points by shielding her from the rest.
Halibel-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 10:47   Link #249
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
This confuses me a bit: was it really a mechanical failure or is the problem inherent to Gundam 00's design?

If it was the first: I might have a little more understanding for Graham's choice as it would suit character clearly (dumb as I think it is ).

If it was the latter: There is no dishonour in killing a foe who is down because he blew up his engine after needing the extra output to defeat you. This is a legitimate kill, as you managed to stay alive (your own skill) during the time your opponent was in overdrive and even forced your opponent to do this in the first place (again: your own skill). In this case Graham (actually the writers) is really warping his sense of honour and is just being dumb. Disclaimer: IMO.
It's a mechanical failure. The Twin Drive System was still unstable and unrefined at that point, and so Trans-Am was a danger to use, having a high chance of mechanical failure. But since Setsuna disregarded the warning, he got literally shut down and metaphorically shot down.

But even if it was a flaw in the 00's design, it's not like Mr. Bushido would've known about the cause of the failure anyway, as he didn't know that the 00 Gundam was a flawed machine. From his perspective, the 00 Gundam simply broke down due to unexpected circumstances in the middle of the battle. He would be dumb in the manner described if he had known of the 00 Gundam's flaws, and intentionally used said knowledge to his advantage, and still didn't kill him. But he was fighting with the expectation that the 00 Gundam was fighting at its best, and so when it broke down his pride obviously wouldn't let him claim a kill that can be attributed to mechanical failure.

It's tactically unsound, but hey, he's the license-carrying rumored Mr. Bushido

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 10:58   Link #250
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
But even if it was a flaw in the 00's design, it's not like Mr. Bushido would've known about the cause of the failure anyway, as he didn't know that the 00 Gundam was a flawed machine. From his perspective, the 00 Gundam simply broke down due to unexpected circumstances in the middle of the battle. He would be dumb in the manner described if he had known of the 00 Gundam's flaws, and intentionally used said knowledge to his advantage, and still didn't kill him. But he was fighting with the expectation that the 00 Gundam was fighting at its best, and so when it broke down his pride obviously wouldn't let him claim a kill that can be attributed to mechanical failure.
Yes, my point is kind of moot. Still, if I were Graham I would have reasoned in a manner that would allow me to destroy 00 and retain my honour. My 'latter' scenario would serve just fine. Boasting right back at base: check! The one person who could contradict me dead?: double check

I wonder though if Setsuna is going to repay the favour in their next fight when Graham's Billy-Suit fails on him? If Cosmic Irony has anything to say about it: NO! But you never know.
Old 2008-11-16, 11:04   Link #251
miles316

Smile Soma/Mary

Did Soma/Mary personality's reintegrate like Allelujah did or is she going to go back and forth for a while.
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 11:07   Link #252
Julao

sorry i haven't seen the raws yet but can I ask why setsuna is smiling since someone posted that it was the 1st smile that setsuna made.

And is it me or tieria is a she???
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 11:10   Link #253
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julao View Post
And is it me or tieria is a she???
Wang stole his face!

You heard this great shot in the dark here first.
Old 2008-11-16, 11:15   Link #254
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Yes, my point is kind of moot. Still, if I were Graham I would have reasoned in a manner that would allow me to destroy 00 and retain my honour. My 'latter' scenario would serve just fine. Boasting right back at base: check! The one person who could contradict me dead?: double check

I wonder though if Setsuna is going to repay the favour in their next fight when Graham's Billy-Suit fails on him? If Cosmic Irony has anything to say about it: NO! But you never know.
There is no favor to be replayed; Bushido backed off because the scenario for victory isn't to his satisfaction. He doesn't NEED Gundam 00 destroyed. He doesn't even care about A-Laws. The only thing he care about is a glorious and dramatic battle with his opponent. 00 breaking down may or may not be Setsuna's own fault, but it doesn't matter to Bushido. The "script" was ruined, as such he was no longer interested in finishing the job.

Setsuna does not need to repay the favor because he was fighting for a different reason. Setsuna fights as a means to an end, while Bushido treat fighting as the End itself.

Bushido can afford to spare Setsuna because he doesn't care that Setsuna would be a continued threat to A-Laws. On the other hand, Setsuna DO care if Bushido continued to be a threat to CB's operations, thus to do what Bushido did would be a bad thing that will hurt those he cared about in the long run.

tl;dr
Bushido doesn't care about winning, he care about winning well. Setsuna doesn't care about winning well, because he actually CARED about his job.
Old 2008-11-16, 11:22   Link #255
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is no favor to be replayed; Bushido backed off because the scenario for victory isn't to his satisfaction. He doesn't NEED Gundam 00 destroyed. He doesn't even care about A-Laws. The only thing he care about is a glorious and dramatic battle with his opponent. 00 breaking down may or may not be Setsuna's own fault, but it doesn't matter to Bushido. The "script" was ruined, as such he was no longer interested in finishing the job.

Setsuna does not need to repay the favor because he was fighting for a different reason. Setsuna fights as a means to an end, while Bushido treat fighting as the End itself.

Bushido can afford to spare Setsuna because he doesn't care that Setsuna would be a continued threat to A-Laws. On the other hand, Setsuna DO care if Bushido continued to be a threat to CB's operations, thus to do what Bushido did would be a bad thing that will hurt those he cared about in the long run.

tl;dr
Bushido doesn't care about winning, he care about winning well. Setsuna doesn't care about winning well, because he actually CARED about his job.
Indeed. Bushido just wanted to prove that he was superior, and striking a fallen enemy clearly doesn't make you superior, it just makes you an Arba Lindt, that's all.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 11:26   Link #256
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Too bad Bushido used to be a different man 5 years ago, as he actually cared about his job then when they were at the Middle East. But now, he is more or less a shadow of his former self, as you say, an actor doing a script of an epic battle against Setsuna. It is sort of sad the state he allowed himself to sink to :/

And while Arba Lindt might be a vile human, but at least he is doing his job and not acting like someone with an over inflated ego like Mr. Permit.
Old 2008-11-16, 11:26   Link #257
Heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
And striking a fallen enemy clearly doesn't make you superior, it just makes you an Arba Lindt, that's all.
The enemy will have a hard time arguing his point.. since he is dead.
Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 11:39   Link #258
Galerian

@Vallen Chaos Valiant

I think you have Graham spot on. Not to sure about Setsuna though. He may opt not to kill if he doesn't have to. He does fight for the end of war and killing a downed foe might contradict with that. For instance: You might create the need for revenge amonsgt Graham's comrades (probably not, but Setsuna doesn't know that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
striking a fallen enemy clearly doesn't make you superior, it just makes you an Arba Lindt, that's all.
It also makes you smart, especially when there is the slightest hint they might get up again.
Old 2008-11-16, 11:46   Link #259
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
It also makes you smart, especially when there is the slightest hint they might get up again.
Let me reiterate my point. He wasn't out there to destroy 00, but he was trying to regain his pride through defeating 00 honorably. If he was to attack the disabled 00 just to avoid taking risks, then he would be defeating his entire purpose of taking part in the mission or staying with A-Laws in the first place.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-16, 11:52   Link #260
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy View Post
The enemy will have a hard time arguing his point.. since he is dead.
Since killing Setsuna wasn't Bushido's goal, but a side-effect of getting what he want, killing Setsuna before he get the glorious battle he wanted would have made him fail his mission.

This is a difficult idea, so I will repeat it; Bushido doesn't care about Gundam 00 being destroyed at all. Bushido doesn't care about A-Laws, or the Federation as a whole at all either. He is in it for a good fight, and that's ALL he is in this for. No good fight = he goes home.

Destroying Gundam 00 would normally be a good idea, but only if you give a damn about A-Laws.