AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-12-10, 09:36   Link #401
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well, looks like Luffy's new special might've gone from Elephant Gun to Red Hawk. On another note, looks like it's pretty much confirmed that Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji will have their actual costumes from the manga/anime.... but I do wonder if characters like Usopp or Nami will be put into different costumes like they were in the last game~?
Old 2012-12-10, 12:14   Link #402
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol ain't that case with most games that get sequels?
Ace Attorney 2 did not make Ace Attorney 1 obsolete.

As does ANY sequel that is NOT just an upgraded version of the first game.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 13:26   Link #403
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well, looks like Luffy's new special might've gone from Elephant Gun to Red Hawk. On another note, looks like it's pretty much confirmed that Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji will have their actual costumes from the manga/anime.... but I do wonder if characters like Usopp or Nami will be put into different costumes like they were in the last game~?
They would have to. Especially the... Post Time Skip versions (which left me heartbroken).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 15:43   Link #404
Kona
Banned

Good to see Enel in this, hope they don't forget the other Arcs in the game and include them. It would be a shame a character like Enel having a limited moveset.
Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 16:05   Link #405
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona View Post
Good to see Enel in this, hope they don't forget the other Arcs in the game and include them. It would be a shame a character like Enel having a limited moveset.
Exactly what kind of moveset are you looking for? How many moves are you requesting? You know that it also depends on the character how many moves they would have, right?
Old 2012-12-10, 16:45   Link #406
marvelB

Well, at least it's good to know that a EU release was already confirmed. So even if it's not released in the US, I can still import THAT version instead (hopefully, this means that PSP RPG will get a EU release as well, since that has close to zero chances of coming out in the USA by this point....).

Anyway, though I doubt that the sequel will cover Punk Hazard, I can at least still see some of that arc's characters making it to the game as secret bosses/player characters, particularly Law and Caesar (since we're more familiar with their abilities). Though I imagine that the developers would have to take a few liberties considering how Law's ability works.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 17:34   Link #407
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

They already take plenty of liberties considering how logia users work in that game (IE they are not immune to damage at all most of the time).
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 17:50   Link #408
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Exactly what kind of moveset are you looking for? How many moves are you requesting? You know that it also depends on the character how many moves they would have, right?
Not that hard to brainstorm moves for somebody who is lightning.

A character like Axe Hand Morgan and Alvida would be tricky because they haven't shown much in the manga.
Old 2012-12-10, 20:32   Link #409
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Not that hard to brainstorm moves for somebody who is lightning.

A character like Axe Hand Morgan and Alvida would be tricky because they haven't shown much in the manga.
They would give Enel the moves he had/displayed in the manga, but beyond that what are you looking for? The playable characters in the first game pretty much had all of their major moves from the series, and yet you still complained that what we got was insufficient. So I ask you again: what do you consider to not be a limited moveset? Give me an example when you elaborate.
Old 2012-12-13, 22:33   Link #410
DeathStrike
SLASH!

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 Trailer
Old 2012-12-13, 23:13   Link #411
marvelB

^Hey, neat! Luffy's using Gomu Gomu UFO in that trailer! So at least it's confirmed that some of the moves he revealed in the PH arc will show up in this game, even if the arc itself probably won't make the cut....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 00:37   Link #412
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Well, seeing as the cover of the game and everything we've seen so far is New World Strawhats, I'd assume we'd atleast get Fishman Arc, and maaaaaybe Z. I really doubt the game would pull an Unlimited Cruise/Gigant Battle where they introduce Caesar's voice actor and everything before the anime can get to it~
Old 2012-12-17, 22:25   Link #413
Kona
Banned

Quote:
They would give Enel the moves he had/displayed in the manga, but beyond that what are you looking for? The playable characters in the first game pretty much had all of their major moves from the series, and yet you still complained that what we got was insufficient. So I ask you again: what do you consider to not be a limited moveset? Give me an example when you elaborate.
Include all the moves they didn't have in the first game in this one.Like I said it's not hard to make moves for a character who is lightning. If the character doesn't have much to show you have to make moves for him, even an easier job if he has a DF.
Old 2012-12-17, 23:22   Link #414
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Include all the moves they didn't have in the first game in this one.Like I said it's not hard to make moves for a character who is lightning. If the character doesn't have much to show you have to make moves for him, even an easier job if he has a DF.
Which moves didn't the characters have in the first game? Again, give me some examples. If a character has yet to show off their moves in the series, it's better not to make them playable altogether.
Old 2012-12-17, 23:52   Link #415
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Which moves didn't the characters have in the first game? Again, give me some examples. If a character has yet to show off their moves in the series, it's better not to make them playable altogether.
Must be very hard for you to research huh? Anyways.. Zoro is missing Yasha Garasu and Ace with his Shinka Shiranui move. That's not true they gave moves that weren't in the manga to some characters.
Old 2012-12-18, 00:48   Link #416
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Quote:
Must be very hard for you to research huh? Anyways.. Zoro is missing Yasha Garasu and Ace with his Shinka Shiranui move. That's not true they gave moves that weren't in the manga to some characters.

.... I'm not sure you have the right to say that too, seeing as both of those ARE in the game~
Old 2012-12-18, 01:27   Link #417
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
.... I'm not sure you have the right to say that too, seeing as both of those ARE in the game~
They aren't in the game.. why are you even arguing about that .
Old 2012-12-18, 01:54   Link #418
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
They aren't in the game.. why are you even arguing about that .
Zoro only did Yasha Garasu once, and it was on Oars. That move is meant for a massive target, and Oars isn't in this game so it wouldn't work so well. Ace's Shinka Shiranui is in this game. I suggest you do your research before spouting out nonsense.
Old 2012-12-18, 02:12   Link #419
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Zoro only did Yasha Garasu once, and it was on Oars. That move is meant for a massive target, and Oars isn't in this game so it wouldn't work so well. Ace's Shinka Shiranui is in this game. I suggest you do your research before spouting out nonsense.
That's a really bad excuse, fact is there are missing moves for characters. Point still stands.
Old 2012-12-18, 02:14   Link #420
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
That's a really bad excuse, fact is there are missing moves for characters. Point still stands.
You only pointed out one move for Zoro. Anything else? So one missing move that doesn't really fit into the mechanics of this game automatically means that this game has a lacking moveset? Your logic is stupendous.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2012-12-18 at 02:30.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps3, video games