AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-09-24, 17:05   Link #1821
bakato

Update! Whenever I read a Kamachi story I always end up underestimating it. Knowing Kamachi I should have expected Catherine's backstory to really hit me in the feels yet I had dismissed it in the back of my mind.
Old 2016-09-26, 08:42   Link #1822
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Day 3 and Day 4 P1-3:
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 04:36   Link #1823
SineMora
Wait for it...

I think I found my favorite Elite now... Damn, I can already see the Elite of Old Fashioned as McGrady...

"It's high noon."

And let me guess, Quenser will be killing an Object with Halberd. from a hand-ax to a halberd, what an upgrade....

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 06:42   Link #1824
entei08

Old Fashion bros for life. Are you sure you weren't born to the wrong faction man?
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-02, 09:27   Link #1825
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Day 4 & Day 5 P1-3:
Old 2016-10-02, 23:34   Link #1826
entei08

Borrowing the nice cruiser really did come back and bite them in the ass.
Old 2016-10-03, 06:38   Link #1827
bakato

Hey, that old dude from the Cthulhu book is back.
Old 2016-10-03, 08:56   Link #1828
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Day 4 and Day 5 P1-2:
Old 2016-10-03, 19:25   Link #1829
SineMora
Wait for it...

Anyway, can we declare now that Quenser is the ultimate terrorist? He makes everything he gets his hands on explode... EVERYTHING. Put this guy in a 7-Eleven, and watch him kill an entire Brigade. In a shopping mall, give him enough time to travel all over it and watch him level a Superweapon.

And people will dread the day he gets a mission where he messes up an Object Hangar, he will make a "Break Carrier 2.0" with the scraps....

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
Old 2016-10-04, 06:43   Link #1830
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SineMora View Post
Anyway, can we declare now that Quenser is the ultimate terrorist?
MacGyver as an Anime Harem protagonist.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-04, 08:42   Link #1831
LazyHunter

He also improvised a ultrasonic weapon earlier this volume. In canon, anyone who's smart enough is wary of Quenser getting anywhere near anything that can be used to make explosives, as seen in vol 6.
Quote:
Even a child who kept up to date with the news sites that had replaced newspapers would know Quenser Barbotage was proficient with explosives. After all, he had been awarded for blowing up Objects with them. It was perfect for a quick topic to discuss at mealtime.

And that was why the masked men from the Night Edge Platoon grimaced slightly when they realized Quenser had kicked open the door to the workshop and holed himself up inside. They knew about the gunpowder used for metalworking. And Quenser Barbotage was known for doing his own thing no matter what he was told.
Old 2016-10-05, 17:55   Link #1832
bakato

This was my favorite part.

Quote:
“They built a floating city for no reason and without thinking about the economic efficiency or environmental effects? Sounds like the location of a school in an Island Nation light novel.”
Old 2016-10-05, 18:33   Link #1833
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Break Carrier 2.
Objectively best object. Only lost because it was unfinished, underfunded, had no support, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It was pretty good, though all the mentions of "Like an Island Nation x" in this volume felt... really awkward. I'm not sure if it was just a translation convention or if the author needed to mention that various things were Japanese, because.... the Japanese audience wouldn't know that?

I don't really get why quarantining the Second Venice was necessary. If the mold was just a delivery vehicle for the poison, then shouldn't anyone who came into contact with a poisoned spore be... dead... and the rest of the spores be completely harmless?

And why was the Exact Javelin pilot being returned to civilian life while she was still useful? Wouldn't that be literally throwing away a multimillionaire dollar asset?
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-05, 18:52   Link #1834
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
This literally was pure gold
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-06, 03:21   Link #1835
SineMora
Wait for it...

Did Kamachi just took a jab at Gakusen Toshi Asterisk?

And ladies and gentlemen, can we take a moment to appreciate the wonderful schadenfreude in this statement:

Quote:
“Bh, kh, kh… How much…how much do you have to humiliate me before you’re satisfied, Legitimacy Kingdom? This is information warfare on the level of sneaking into a strictly guarded summit meeting room, leaving behind a plastic bottle instead of a bomb, taking a picture, and revealing it to the world to mock our inadequate security. And you chose the Information Alliance as your opponent!?”
My Dear Fake Funbag Idol, allow me to remind you that the said gentleman apparently VIOLATED your secret and highly secured garden, PENETRATED your entrance, CAME inside, and SPREAD HIS THICK WHITE STUFF ON YOUR SEAT. You enjoyed it so much YOU CAME OUTSIDE, and smacked your superior officer who saw the entire scene... Don't lie to me, you enjoyed it, and you're jealous that he belongs to her majesty the Queen and Princess... well, 2 princesses actually...

And you're just victim #3.... What's stopping him from doing the same again? He has entered again another one belonging to the sister his own friend, Had a steamy (literally) moment with another one so much that she passed out and he even handcuffed her (BDSM much?), and captured another one from the same faction and "broke" her so much, she calls him teacher... (Let's not forget the fact that he molested his superior officer live on camera in front of her suitor, that's marking your territory right there, and he's so good in music, he makes the Princess orgasm at his flute) (Quenser is still missing 1 girl to complete his Coalition... give us a decent Capitalist Corp. Female Elite! And don't make her a loli please?!)

And Kamachi I fucking love your writing style here, it's full of innuedos, especially the Staivia arc:

Quote:
“He can probably only shoot once every 7 minutes! But it’s still astounding that he can fire a battery unit into orbit, have it decelerate, and then connect it in that time!!”

“Dimiksy cannot fire containers repeatedly like a machinegun, can he?” asked Mikfa.

“The system uses extremely high temperatures to explosively expand the air. It takes time for the rapid cooling. And once it does cool, it has to take measurements to ensure the elevator’s guiderails have not been distorted. …But when you compare this to the old rockets that took days of preparation to fire, he’s still shooting his load extremely prematurely!!”

“Are you enjoying this verbal sexual harassment by any chance!?”
And another gold:
Quote:
“The base of the elevator is moving. A cylindrical part is being loaded… That is probably the container!!”

You mean that fat old man is groping at his swollen crotch!?
Fitting when we're talking about giant balls and cannons, some of them even have 2 balls!

Last edited by SineMora; 2016-10-06 at 19:19.
Old 2016-10-07, 17:29   Link #1836
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
It was pretty good, though all the mentions of "Like an Island Nation x" in this volume felt... really awkward. I'm not sure if it was just a translation convention or if the author needed to mention that various things were Japanese, because.... the Japanese audience wouldn't know that?

I don't really get why quarantining the Second Venice was necessary. If the mold was just a delivery vehicle for the poison, then shouldn't anyone who came into contact with a poisoned spore be... dead... and the rest of the spores be completely harmless?

And why was the Exact Javelin pilot being returned to civilian life while she was still useful? Wouldn't that be literally throwing away a multimillionaire dollar asset?
It's just Kamachi being sly. It is his own country. If he blatantly said it was Japan then it would have broken the immersion.

Quote:
And Strike the Blood and probably a load of other titles.
Old 2016-10-10, 11:27   Link #1837
LazyHunter

Spoiler for End of Vol 12:
Old 2016-10-10, 13:50   Link #1838
Heir of the Void

Quote:
The Princess had chosen an extremely shortwave radar.

The electromagnetic waves were close to the range commonly known as X-rays

Wow. This is just... um... yeah. Only off by about half the electromagnetic spectrum.

I do wonder why they never would have mentioned the massive cancer hazard from being in the vicinity of an object, though.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-10, 15:25   Link #1839
entei08

Quote:
Off the top of my head, there's the aforementioned STB, Hidan no Aria, Unlimited Fafnir and Hundred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post

Wow. This is just... um... yeah. Only off by about half the electromagnetic spectrum.

I do wonder why they never would have mentioned the massive cancer hazard from being in the vicinity of an object, though.
They did say this x-ray radar is only useful when combined with a special chaff, it's rarely used so it doesn't blast x-rays out all the time.

The part reporting Catherine failed had me cursing so hard inside, can't say I didn't see it coming, but it was still disgusting as hell. the old lady watching over her and Froleytia's comment didn't help either. I was hoping Catherine can at least stay in the 37th even if she can't live as a civilian (unreasonable both in and out-universe I know). Then Quenser's dad makes official appearance and saves the day, absolute boss.

The cool dad thing made me laugh while died a little inside when you think about Kyousuke. He's all on his own with not even a father figure, the closest he had to a mother figure (the professor who Mika reminds him of) is no longer with him.

Last edited by entei08; 2016-10-10 at 15:51.
Old 2016-10-10, 15:32   Link #1840
bakato

Son of a bitch. He really did get a little sister. If his dad was any indication, Quenser's gonna be a real beast when he grows up. The princess is gonna have it rough.

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen