Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-07, 05:55   Link #17541
Juice[Lemon]
ISML's "liberal staffer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
[. . .]

edit: damn I forgot, can we nominate 8 or 10 characters?
Up to 8 Characters can be nominated.

Slot=values:

1=10
2=8
3=6
4=5
5=4
6=3
7=2
8=1
Old 2008-12-07, 09:01   Link #17542
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyon.haruhi.suzumiya View Post
Done. You'll receive your friend request soon!

Doesn't everyone want to see a fight between the purple quad-squad? [Kyou, Ryou, Kagami, Tsukasa] Hey minhtam2448, try to have such a match!
Haha, you really did it ^^ Sure, I already accepted =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice[Lemon] View Post
Up to 8 Characters can be nominated.

Slot=values:

1=10
2=8
3=6
4=5
5=4
6=3
7=2
8=1
. . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
\
As for nominations, I doubt that the top3 will change, but Im not fixed for the rest.

01- 10) SHANATAIGA (Toradora)
02- 08) Yukine (Clannad)
03- 06) Index (Index)
04- 0?) Kagura (Ga-Rei)
05- 0?) Tsugumi (Kannagi)
06- 0?) Hayate (MGLN)
07- 0?) Ryou (Clannad)
08- 0?) Mikoto (Index)
09- 0?)
10- 0?)

Yes, Yukine > Index. Currently two slots open, currently candidates are Ryou (Clannad), Zange (Kannagi), Sumire (Toradora), and Nogami Aoi (Zettai Karen Children).
omfg now I have to rethink my nominations >_> And I forgot Shiori (Kanon) and Vita (MGLN) too >_____> Should I give new faces a chance or stick with old love(s)? Damn decicions everywhere.
Old 2008-12-07, 12:17   Link #17543
FiREwing

Well damn.

10) Taiga - ToraDora!
9) Nagi - Kannagi
8) Hayate - MSLN
7) Yuuhi - AkaneIro
6) Index - Index
5) Tsugumi - Kannagi
4) Minorin - ToraDora!
3) Luna - SnH
2) Shalon - Quiz Magic Academy
1) Yume - Da Capo II SS

They had no chance anyway.;_;
Old 2008-12-07, 12:40   Link #17544
Blacksmith_Tony

Quote:
So... everyone already made their nomination list (or at least have an ideia of how it will be)? Are you making your list based on the characters that have more chance pr the ones you like more (or a mix of both)?
For sure it'll be the ones I like more rather the ones that have more chance of getting nominated. I think it's much better to give characters I like a chance instead of just making it easier for the popular ones to win, there's no such thing as a wasted vote in my opinion. The only other "rule" I follow is not to nominate someone who was in ISML 2008 and didn't qualify via the .500 thingy.

Well here are my choices currently:

10 = Illyasviel Von Einzbern - Fate/Stay Night
8 = Katagiri Yuuhi - Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
6 = Al Azif - Demonbane
5 = Orihara Kozue - Chaos;Head
4 = Aisaka Taiga - Toradora!
3 = Nogizaka Haruka - Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
2 = Sakahita Rimi - Chaos;Head
1 = Miyamura Miyako - e.f. a tale of memories

To be honest, other than Taiga and to a lesser extent Yuuhi and possibly Haruka I doubt any of the above will do that well. Although it's good to know I'm not the only person nominating Illya .
Old 2008-12-07, 13:44   Link #17545
hobbes04
New at Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Well, since you guys ARE in charge of the contestant pages, you can do them whenever, of course. But at the very least, remove the Past Saimoe History blurb so that no newcomers to the site get really really confused...
I am a newcomer to the site, but I find those little blurbs entertaining. I think it is obvious that they are just for fun.

As for my nomination list I need to give it more thought. And just so I can copy most of the people here Taiga and Nagi will definitely be a part of it, and probably Tsugumi as well .
Maybe I'll have my list complete by the time Minty starts the ISML 2009 thread. We will all have to repost them in there anyways.
Old 2008-12-07, 13:53   Link #17546
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember one can nominate characters from the past as well as present. Azumanga Daioh needs some representation in this day and ago for example. Or charcters from even earlier show as far back at it can be called anime (basically 1950 I image).
Old 2008-12-07, 14:32   Link #17547
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

well well....guess its my turn....im going all out on my points btw

10 = Katagiri Yuuhi
10 = Hecate
10 = Seto San
5 = Zange (fuk u Nagi fans)
4 = Aisaka Taiga (not 10 because she is getting in anyways)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-12-07, 15:26   Link #17548
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

i'm thinking of nominating Minorin, Index, Tear, Nagi and Yuuhi from this season's anime, in an attempt to inject new blood into the league, as well as my all-time favorites who will hopefully make the cut, i.e. Yuno, Miyako, Amu, Alicia, and Alice... but they'd probably "job" to the higher tiered girls, if last year was any indication, so whatever. >_<
Old 2008-12-07, 16:05   Link #17549
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Remember one can nominate characters from the past as well as present. Azumanga Daioh needs some representation in this day and ago for example. Or charcters from even earlier show as far back at it can be called anime (basically 1950 I image).
Unnn... now you made me remember that I have to nominate Osaka... now to decide who I will take out... that will be difficult...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith_Tony View Post
To be honest, other than Taiga and to a lesser extent Yuuhi and possibly Haruka I doubt any of the above will do that well. Although it's good to know I'm not the only person nominating Illya .
Illya was the one I would give 10 points in the nomination but after the last two episodes of Toradora I just have to give that slot to Minori.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
well well....guess its my turn....im going all out on my points btw

10 = Katagiri Yuuhi
10 = Hecate
10 = Seto San
5 = Zange (fuk u Nagi fans)
4 = Aisaka Taiga (not 10 because she is getting in anyways)
Sorry if I misunderstood but Is that the amount of points you giving to each character? Because that rule where you could distribute the points to other characters if you decided to nominate less then 8 was a mistake. You have 8 slots with the amount of points Juice pointed in his last post and if you decide to not use one they will be wasted.
Old 2008-12-07, 16:10   Link #17550
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

but minty told me that you couldnt waste points >_< gah what to believe now
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-12-07, 16:23   Link #17551
Blacksmith_Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
You know, you're right. I'm going to try and find time to watch a few of my "old" DVDs/videos before January, to refresh my faded memory of them. I've never seen Azumanga Daioh though, so characters from that series won't be getting my support.

This did make me think a bit, and wonder how old most of the series represented in ISML are. It surprised me a little (not much) that all except one series currently represented in ISML 2009 have had anime releases in 2006 or later, the only one that hasn't is Cardcaptor Sakura. With the majority of series having releases in 2008 and two others that had releases in 2007 getting new releases in 2009.

Well I didn't put much effort into checking the above, so I could be wrong.

I don't think it really means much, other than memories usually fade, and newer anime viewers just haven't seen older series. But anyway I found it a little interesting .
Old 2008-12-07, 17:58   Link #17552
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
So I don't forget later, I might as well write down what I have. As much as I'd like to see Azumanga Daioh represented (it is one of my favourite comedies), I just can't support any one character that much in a moe contest, especially NOT Osaka. The show relies too much on all its characters interacting with each other, and I never really noticed the "moe" factor, even on re-watching.

Right, so now for something completely different...

10 = Kanna - Air
8 = Manami "Manabi" Amamiya - Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!
6 = Teana Lanster - Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
5 = Hazuki - Tsukuyomi MoonPhase
4 = Ink Nijihara - Moetan
3 = Midori Sugiura - Mai HiME
2 = Rakka - Haibane Renmei
1 = Lynn Minmay - Macross
Old 2008-12-07, 20:22   Link #17553
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
but minty told me that you couldnt waste points >_< gah what to believe now
Well, the forms that we are going to have are going to be the same as last year forms, only with the 10, 8, and 6 slots added into the fray.
Old 2008-12-07, 20:43   Link #17554
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Okay, well, here's a very tenative list:

10 = Hayate [MGLN]
8 = Teana [MGLN]
6 = Tsugumi [Kannagi]
5 = Mei [Clannad]
4 = Ami [Toradora]
3 = Zange [Kannagi]
2 = Minori [Toradora] (Maybe.)
1 = Tear [Tales of the Abyss] (Maybe.)

It's difficult trying to decide if I should vote for people who I know won't make it or won't do well even if they do make it.
Old 2008-12-07, 21:27   Link #17555
chaosprophet

Wow... lots of people will nominate Hayate. But with Fate and Nanoha already in many of the MSLN fans probably will nominate her.

And there is some people who will nominate Minori! And Hecate too (Shana is great but there are others SnS characters that need some love!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmith_Tony View Post
You know, you're right. I'm going to try and find time to watch a few of my "old" DVDs/videos before January, to refresh my faded memory of them. I've never seen Azumanga Daioh though, so characters from that series won't be getting my support.

This did make me think a bit, and wonder how old most of the series represented in ISML are. It surprised me a little (not much) that all except one series currently represented in ISML 2009 have had anime releases in 2006 or later, the only one that hasn't is Cardcaptor Sakura. With the majority of series having releases in 2008 and two others that had releases in 2007 getting new releases in 2009.

Well I didn't put much effort into checking the above, so I could be wrong.

I don't think it really means much, other than memories usually fade, and newer anime viewers just haven't seen older series. But anyway I found it a little interesting .
Well the memories fading is part of it. But another reason is because many of the contestants came from other Saimoe tournaments where only characters from anime of the previous year (and I believe is two previous years for KSBM?) can participate. This year most of the characters came from ISML 2008 but as it was the first one most of the contestants came from other saimoe too.
And the nominations will probably be lead by characters from new series as they are still airing so people are pumped with them.
Old 2008-12-07, 23:05   Link #17556
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Well the memories fading is part of it. But another reason is because many of the contestants came from other Saimoe tournaments where only characters from anime of the previous year (and I believe is two previous years for KSBM?) can participate. This year most of the characters came from ISML 2008 but as it was the first one most of the contestants came from other saimoe too.
And the nominations will probably be lead by characters from new series as they are still airing so people are pumped with them.
He's right. Hence it's been very hard to get any post-2005 candidates into ISML - so hard in fact that I predict the adaptation of retro-candidates will be 1 at a time. Osaka was close to making it last year, as was Tomoyo Daidouji (who I would believe would have made it if Sakura Kinomoto was already in).
Old 2008-12-08, 07:34   Link #17557
kyon.haruhi.suzumiya

New, updated and probably final?

1. Nagi [Kannagi - even though I've not seen it, the avys of Nagi already do it for me]
  2. Taiga [Toradora!]
  3. Chiaki [Minami-ke]
  4. Kana [Minami-ke]
  5. "Can I vote for Sanae Furukawa? [CLANNAD] slot"
  6. Hecate [SnS] [here just so that Shana can burn her]
8. Yukine [CLANNAD]
10. Ryou [CLANNAD]

CLANNAD seems, to me at least, very strong this year.
Old 2008-12-08, 09:10   Link #17558
uis

Check candidate my fav...
Yuuhi~ so far so good...
Ilya~have potential
Tsugumi~you hav many fan... i delighted...
Yukine~You so famous... i glad...

Another four still in researching... look to another ppl nomination first...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2008-12-08, 09:44   Link #17559
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
6 = Teana Lanster - Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Okay, well, here's a very tenative list:
8 = Teana [MGLN]
FUCK >__> I shouldnt read other lists after making mine... Now I have to think if I can press Teana somewhere in
Not that I have to many characters already nooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Yukine~You so famous... i glad...
Old 2008-12-08, 10:43   Link #17560
uis

lol... i hope she still famous next year... *look impossible...*
*Yeah currently most famous clannad chara...*

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe