AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-24, 13:51   Link #61
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Thought of something today, Suou was able to see the observer spirits before she awoke her contractor powers but didn't know what they were, implying that she hadn't seen one before. Were there just not any near them or is this another hint that she took BK-201's powers?
Old 2009-10-24, 14:06   Link #62
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
You know, last episode of the first season, it was stated that BK-201 had the power to alter matter on a quantom level. He could alter substances, even directly saying that BK-201 could create other contractors.

Though it remains to be seen that Hei turned her into a contractor abilities, he may have just awakened her abilities as a contractor.

But, I doubt her power is so simple, she just copied a weapon she had held in the second episode. If I had to guess it is a projection ability like Shirou used in Fate/Stay Night.
Old 2009-10-24, 14:42   Link #63
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
If I had to guess it is a projection ability like Shirou used in Fate/Stay Night.
Lets not go there...
Old 2009-10-24, 20:58   Link #64
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Thought of something today, Suou was able to see the observer spirits before she awoke her contractor powers but didn't know what they were, implying that she hadn't seen one before. Were there just not any near them or is this another hint that she took BK-201's powers?
I thought she awoke inside the trap and her awakening was what killed the trap. Her eyes were dull green. Mao ordered her to run and that's when she dove into the water with Hei. She had no memory of saving Hei.
Old 2009-11-07, 00:53   Link #65
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Getting Hei to care for you is like tripping a death flag. Suou is so dead.

Pai--dead.

Amber--dead.

Yin--missing.

Suou? RIP.
Old 2009-11-07, 08:08   Link #66
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post

Pai--dead.

Amber--dead.

Yin--missing.

Suou? RIP.
You forgot to mention the doll in ep 1, Havoc, Mai, Nick, Huang
Old 2009-11-07, 10:16   Link #67
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Asides from Mai, though, none of them qualify as cute lolis though.
Old 2009-11-07, 19:40   Link #68
orion

Quote:

Pai--dead.

Amber--dead.

Yin--missing.

Suou? RIP.
Nooooooo. Her loli shield will protect her.

Besides there is no one else to give us fanservice moments with Hei. And we need our Suou payback to Tanya moment.

And she needs to materialize more than just an AT rifle or give us more damage to see when she fires it.
Old 2009-11-28, 20:19   Link #69
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I'm actually liking Suou as a character quite a bit, but I'm kind of WTF-ing about her Contractor ability.

She can... pull an anti-tank rifle and six 20mm rounds out of... somewhere.

But she's shown tearing the rifle down and performing maintenance on it. If it was being "created" each time she used her ability, it wouldn't need maintenance. Plus it looks pretty... well-used to begin with...

Season two has definitely brought some more unorthodox Contractor powers than season one did. Season one's powers were pretty predictable X-Men-alike super powers, but some of season two's powers are just weird. (Like Mr. Concrete-and-Rebar Golem Man, hahaha).

Quote:
Asides from Mai, though, none of them qualify as cute lolis though.
Amber was a cute loli for a pretty large portion of season one. >.>;
Old 2009-11-30, 11:52   Link #70
Narutaro

I had a feeling the animation team are aware that Suou's power is pretty out there compared to Season 1's contractor ability.

which is why they introduced the magician just for 1 episode where he seems to have doraemon's magic pocket. just to ease us into the show and prepared us for Suou's unorthodox power. =)
Old 2009-11-30, 14:29   Link #71
ssfsx17

Did anyone else get a big "Enemy at the Gates" vibe from the scene where her grandfather is teaching her how to shoot?
Old 2009-11-30, 14:39   Link #72
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssfsx17 View Post
Did anyone else get a big "Enemy at the Gates" vibe from the scene where her grandfather is teaching her how to shoot?
I believe that was her father. No mention of a grandfather.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-12-02, 15:58   Link #73
Wickedx

Is it possible that she got her power from the necklace her brother left? I mean in the trap thing the necklace is like absorbing Hei's power...
Old 2009-12-05, 20:16   Link #74
orion

Well, Hei is slowly getting them back without the aide of that necklace. It looked like he stunned the chick in this episode.
Old 2009-12-07, 22:25   Link #75
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, Hei is slowly getting them back without the aide of that necklace. It looked like he stunned the chick in this episode.
thats what i have been thinking this whole time because Suou had no pwers before she had it. i was thinking that the necklace gives the user what powers they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickedx View Post
Is it possible that she got her power from the necklace her brother left? I mean in the trap thing the necklace is like absorbing Hei's power...
Hei lost his powers in episode 3 or something from a device that section 3 used on him not the necklace. the device was based on the saturn rings they were trying to use to destroy Hells gate at the end of season 1
Old 2009-12-07, 22:34   Link #76
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Actually no, the episode shows he just punched her in the gut to knock her out.
Old 2009-12-07, 23:57   Link #77
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually no, the episode shows he just punched her in the gut to knock her out.
Hei couldn't have punched her in the gut as one hand was holding a toolbox and the other was on her arm. Punching her with a toolbox will do more damage than knocking her unconscious. Plus, the toolbox was not in position for the punch.
Old 2009-12-08, 00:34   Link #78
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Hei couldn't have punched her in the gut as one hand was holding a toolbox and the other was on her arm. Punching her with a toolbox will do more damage than knocking her unconscious. Plus, the toolbox was not in position for the punch.
more OT, seems to me he did use his hand to grab her but only for a sec to make her turn around so he could then punch her in the gut with the same hand.

question, I had just maratorned the series so far last night(had my attention else where over last few months) but we don't actually see Suou with her hair down, she's always got the braid?(I've got a terrible memory)
cause I wonder how she would look with out the braid
Old 2009-12-08, 05:42   Link #79
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
more OT, seems to me he did use his hand to grab her but only for a sec to make her turn around so he could then punch her in the gut with the same hand.
Arm is still in the wrong position. As he grabbed her arm, his hand is close her shoulder level. It's not normal to punch someone that fast without even animating the shoulder swing back, swing forward and shoulder rotate which wasn't shown. Ending stance and arm placement is off for an abdominal punch too (18:19).

It wasn't OT as my original post was stating that I think that Suou's necklace weakens contractor powers which would be why her rifle doesn't stay materialized and Shion's rifle did if they have the same power. When Hei distanced himself from Suou and had a better outlook, his powers started to return.
Old 2009-12-08, 06:30   Link #80
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
Nah he really punched her. You can hear the punching sound without question. And it seems like he punches her while still holding to her arm. It's possible but yes that would be a weak punch but maybe Youko is just week there.

As for Suou with he hair unbraided look in episode 1 when she takes her bath, but yes I agree it's not very clear.

Tags
characters