AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-19, 04:03   Link #41
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

The art does looks weird, its not even similar to the animated design in that short teaser back then.

I'm not expecting they really use super detailed Araki drawing as chara design though, want to know my expectation is? the anime looks of Toriko.

*Btw, Sunrise got this please.
Old 2012-07-19, 05:07   Link #42
duckroll
綺羅星★!

No way it's Sunrise. If it were, Bandai Visual would be involved. Sorry!

Edit: Here's the hi-res clean version of the Jojo key visual: http://www.araki-jojo.com/276/

Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 05:38   Link #43
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Its does look like Toriko lol.

Has Studio 4C ever working such a long series before?
Old 2012-07-19, 05:39   Link #44
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I hope Studio 4°C will animate this, even though there's only a bunch of TV series being animated by this studio.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 06:05   Link #45
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Its does look like Toriko lol.

Has Studio 4C ever working such a long series before?
Well, we don't really know how long this series will be. :P
Old 2012-07-19, 07:17   Link #46
Jetzero Infinity

Warner Bros eh? Guess that does make it a bit harder to guess which studio it is. I know they were involved with Accel World as well but Bandai Visual still had some hand in it so Sunrise probably is ruled out.

Studio 4c working on this would be interesting, but considering that Shueisha would probably want it to run as long as possible they would be an odd choice considering they don't have experience with longer series.

Well we'll know soon enough I guess.
Jetzero Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 07:30   Link #47
duckroll
綺羅星★!

"Experience" with longer series isn't really a big deal though. BONES never worked on a long series before Fullmetal Alchemist, Satelight and A-1 never worked on a long series before Fairy Tail. If a studio has never done a certain type of production (movie, long series, OVA, etc) it just means that they haven't secured a contract which requires them to make something like that yet. If they get the chance to, they probably won't turn it down because ultimately work is work.

Let's not forget that Studio 4C was also contracted for the new Thundercats series. We don't know if Cartoon Network is going to renew it yet, but clearly Studio 4C is prepared to keep working on it if it does get renewed. So they're certainly open to the idea of doing on-going TV shows if they get the chance.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:46   Link #48
Jetzero Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
"Experience" with longer series isn't really a big deal though. BONES never worked on a long series before Fullmetal Alchemist, Satelight and A-1 never worked on a long series before Fairy Tail. If a studio has never done a certain type of production (movie, long series, OVA, etc) it just means that they haven't secured a contract which requires them to make something like that yet. If they get the chance to, they probably won't turn it down because ultimately work is work.

Let's not forget that Studio 4C was also contracted for the new Thundercats series. We don't know if Cartoon Network is going to renew it yet, but clearly Studio 4C is prepared to keep working on it if it does get renewed. So they're certainly open to the idea of doing on-going TV shows if they get the chance.
I know I was just saying it seemed a bit odd to me. So long as it turns out well I'd be fine if it was them.
Old 2012-07-19, 07:47   Link #49
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
I know I was just saying it seemed a bit odd to me. So long as it turns out well I'd be fine if it was them.
Yeah, I agree it would be an unusual choice. I wonder when they'll actually announce details for this. It's going to air in 3 months...
Old 2012-07-19, 13:23   Link #50
OPN

4C would be...a interesting choice. Their animation on the berserk movies are weird to say the least but DMC had nice animation for what little there was. WB being the production company is also a odd choice given that their also funding the LB anime but then again they also were the production company for both ryo ku bu and kami memo cho in the same season so im sure they can give both jojo and LB a good budget. Guess we'll have to wait and see
Old 2012-07-19, 15:44   Link #51
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

WWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I am all hyped for this.. i've waited so long for any announcement of JBA's anime (not just Stardust Crusaders), though i can't say the anime will be faithful to Araki's style, but i'm all fine if the key visual above is the closest they could possibly get to animate this wonderful title.

Btw anyone knows what Araki says about this? I heard before he was disappointed with the previous projects, so kind of interested to know his take on this one. Will he recommend it? Or will he be disappointed once again? Though i do admit his JBA is hard to go for, especially with that unique "realism" style of his, coupled with fancy character design, but above that... the name of all the characters and Stands which were based directly on copyrighted artists and songs.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 19:01   Link #52
ElCachicamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post

And we know how bad it was, Studio 4 °C is not a really good studio for a long animated series because they don't have enough talent there right now. They dropped the ball with Thundercats, the Street Fighter IV OVA, and Berserk. Bones always had good animators and they animated a lot of shows of 26 episodes before FMA, Studio 4 °C lacks human resources, even Koji Morimoto is not there anymore.
ElCachicamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:35   Link #53
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
... the name of all the characters and Stands which were based directly on copyrighted artists and songs.
That's something that I've wondered ever since I started reading Jojo; I don't know about copyright laws, but couldn't that be advertisement of a sort?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:55   Link #54
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
That's something that I've wondered ever since I started reading Jojo; I don't know about copyright laws, but couldn't that be advertisement of a sort?
Most copyright owners don't think that way though.

If you're in any way utilising their copyrighted ownership, most of the time, money talks. If it's not tangible, they're not going to be charitable.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 12:31   Link #55
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Most copyright owners don't think that way though.

If you're in any way utilising their copyrighted ownership, most of the time, money talks. If it's not tangible, they're not going to be charitable.
So true. Those bands are going to have their hands out for the money for every song title and band name used.
Old 2012-07-23, 01:21   Link #56
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I think it should be okay if it is marketed within Japan area only, and not on the western side where all the references originated from... but with Warner Japan being the spearhead of the project, i guess it won't stop in just Japan only.

Still watashi kininarimasu at the details of the project... its going to be autumn season in another 2+ months, and still not any details about it out yet. First detail that i would like to see would probably be the staff lists, and then the seiyuus, especially the key characters in the series (Dio and Jojo).

Damn i am even more hyped than before now... come on those details i need you.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-23, 05:12   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

They're gonna animate all Jojo's? Man can't wait!
Old 2012-07-23, 13:00   Link #58
Jetzero Infinity

On the note of the music copyright stuff I do know that Viz's manga release was able to keep most of the references in tact (couple of attack names based of songs got alterted a bit though) so it's possible it may not be as bad as we think.

But yeah really hope we get the studio and staff info soon
Old 2012-07-31, 01:28   Link #59
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

Promo video: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/
Old 2012-07-31, 03:00   Link #60
leokiko

^Wasn't that promo on the live video? I remember having watched it already.

EDIT: More info on August 18th.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fabulous