AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-09, 10:14   Link #21
3ll3s0r
So In-love with Sachiko

Sachiko X Yumi Lover?

Are they going to be lover or not? Anybody here who has read the novel 24-30? Pls share. thanks
Old 2007-08-09, 14:26   Link #22
Stephanie
You can reach for my hand

Send a message via Yahoo to Stephanie
Ahh, the long debate.. I have not read the novels (well, I don't speak Japanese, lol) but I could strongly sense the answer is no..

Even if there's a "hint" of lovey dovey, they'll forever be "More than friends but less than lovers..'

Yumi is too shy and naive while Sachiko is too uptight, it would be out of character for them to be lovers at just the 30th novel.. Maybe in the 20th million novel, it's possible..

lol, of course, I'm just speaking my thought, I could be wrong..
Old 2007-08-09, 14:44   Link #23
Fruitfly

I hope they don't become lovers.
If they end up in bed together, it would ruin the story for me.
To me, they act like best friends and real sisters who look out for one another.
Old 2007-08-09, 15:42   Link #24
3ll3s0r
So In-love with Sachiko

yeah i dont want them to have s3x too. Bu i really wanna confirm what sachiko feel for yumi
Old 2007-08-09, 22:09   Link #25
Stephanie

I think, by lovers, we'll just see them hug and kiss.. Not sex, really.. o_O

That's very un-Sachiko and un-Yumi like..
Old 2007-08-10, 00:14   Link #26
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Will they? No I don't think so. No matter how much subtext they drown us viewers in, the best we'll get is probably those really, really, really teasing pictures that they already use in the ending songs....(ugh just makes me wanna push their heads together already!)
Old 2007-08-10, 01:20   Link #27
Stephanie

Ugh.. Exactly how I feel.. I mean, come on.. Why does Yumi still doubt Sachiko in the 5th OVA when we clearly see in the 3rd OVA that Sachiko ran like silly for the Panda girl..

Ugh, me gosh.. Oyuki Konno, do something.. Appetizers won't satisfy your fans! D:
I've been starving for months.. <.<

Up till where will Sachiko and Yumi go, what is the ending of this story?
OYUKI KONNO!! (/T__T)/

Waaaa***
Old 2007-08-10, 06:02   Link #28
3ll3s0r
So In-love with Sachiko

I hate yumi I want sachiko for myself . Does anybody here know if book 30 is for sale? If somebody here willing to read that for me since cant read japanese i am very much willing to send the book to whoever just relay the info
Old 2007-08-10, 09:02   Link #29
Doggie

Hm, difficult question. Personally I think that Yumi has romantic feelings for Sachiko. What I've seen in the series doesn't really back up the "close sisterly friendship" idea

For instance in the first ova, when Yumi was watching Sachiko sleep .That just doesn't seem like the kind of thing sisters do. And right after that she couldn't take her eyes off Sachiko undressing! Again this doesn't exactly seem like sisterly behaviour XD

Even though I think Yumi has these feelings, I'm pretty convinced we will never see Sachiko and Yumi together romantically. Mainly because I don't think Sachiko feels that way about Yumi, and even if she did there' no way she would be able to express them (as someone has already said)
Old 2007-08-10, 15:50   Link #30
disney72
Going Bonklers

well, yeah sachiko has some pretty tough barrier around her when it comes to showing her feelings but, im guessing she'll be able to reciprocate whatever yumi has for her.. that is if yumi can wait like probably a hundred years before it happens... and like sei said, sachiko is changing.. slowly but definitly changing..

(and the panda thing.... even if my mom was in that costume, i couldnt have known.. and sachiko being able to tell that it was yumi, wow that must have been some darn strong feeling she has!)

so i (want) to believe that they can be a couple but the furthest thing they could do in that anime is kiss...
Old 2007-08-11, 03:13   Link #31
WolfNightwind

personally i think the most we can hope for is a kiss. but with how the show goes, if yumi and sachiko were to lock lips that'd be like full out nudie scene in other animes!!! i seriously doubt the sisterly affection for many of the reasons already mentioned (panda girl, sleeping girl in OVA 1, so forth) now i think we won't get that until the end, in fact iIm figuring they could pull this series on as long as they want, yumi could be a second year in college even, because i think the whole story is based not around the school, or the soeurs, but around Yumi and Sachiko's relationship to each other, how they've grown together and how each has changed for the better since meeting. so i think the series will go until they finally kiss, and we as fans will have to take that kiss for a sign that they will be lovers, but we won't actually see them AS lovers. but of course this is my opinion and my opinion alone. but hey, i like my opinion!!!!
~Bug
Old 2007-08-11, 11:24   Link #32
Stephanie

I liked your opinion too, wolfnight-san..

Sigh, I wonder..
The long delay is killing me.. T___T
Old 2007-08-11, 21:51   Link #33
Confessa
A White Rose

Quote:
As for Yuri...well, this novel had already proved to me that Sachiko and Yumi are definitely, positively not gay, even if they are indeed incredibly lovey-dovey and romantic. LOL At the end of the story when Sachiko confronts Yumi about the postcard, it was a *very* sexual tension-filled scene in the novel. But they do not kiss, and Yumi does not even think about kissing Sachiko. So, while it's a great scene - and works well in the anime, better even, because we can't hear Yumi's thoughts - it seals the deal that they are totally not a couple. More's the pity. It's still very sweet, though.
That was what Okazu wrote about the 5th OVA and corresponding novel. Things can change though. lol

Personally, I do not think they will end up as lovers, simply because Maria-sama isn't really a yuri story. Only Sei was ever really a lesbian. Gotta love her. XD
Old 2007-08-11, 22:42   Link #34
Stephanie

@Confessa-san's Quote:
Well, of course they can't kiss.. As we all know the attitude of this both characters.. And one more, they're probably thinking they're both girls, right?

In the earlier part of the story, Sachiko never admitted her feelings for Suguru right? So, still as shy as ever, they are both silent.. But we feel their hints..

In Lililicious's Scantalation, reading the last part where Yumi spent the new year at Sachiko's house, Sei said, "Even if I had to wait a hundred years, you two will be still where I left you.. None of you ever make the first move, so there."

So, as I said, Yumi is too shy and naive while Sachiko is too uptight..

"More than friends but less than lovers.."
~I wonder if this is how they'll be forever..
Old 2007-08-12, 09:09   Link #35
disney72
Going Bonklers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
I feel that if Suguru had to pick a girl, he would choose Yumi. Either that or he's trying to get closer to Yuuki. And if Yumi had to pick a guy, she would pair up with Suguru because he kind of fits the description of the perfect man she was telling Yuuki in OVA2.

It would be funny if Yuuki goes after Touko because shes almost the opposite of what Yuuki wants from a girl.
in OVA 2? i thought yumi was talking about sachiko... yuki ask her to stop coz all the qualities that shes looking for is like sachiko's..
Old 2007-08-12, 14:05   Link #36
Kuroineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
in OVA 2? i thought yumi was talking about sachiko... yuki ask her to stop coz all the qualities that shes looking for is like sachiko's..
Yeah I thought so too.. I think she was talking about her...... But I haven't watched it 53425 times so I may be wrong...
Old 2007-08-12, 14:20   Link #37
Fruitfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney72 View Post
hmm yeah I know. I assume Suguru has similiar qualities that Sachiko has since they are related. I can't check right now because I'm somewhere, but I believe she saids neat, comes off cold at first, but very nice, etc which is how I see Suguru as well.
Old 2007-08-12, 14:43   Link #38
disney72
Going Bonklers

i dont really take suguru as someone who comes off cold..
Old 2007-08-12, 20:45   Link #39
Stephanie

Nah.. I think Yumi was really describing SACHIKO..

Remember her lines?

"One has to be pretty.."

lol

Pretty isn't really used on guys, right? More on girls..
So Yumi was picturing Sachiko on her head without thinking of her words..

Therefore it could be concluded that Yumi DOES LIKE Sachiko.. n_n

Future Arguements about my post? (I'll prepare my comments)
**The last person you loved the most, you will be looking for his/her qualities and features after or during the relationship..
**So obvious the Yumi is loving Sachiko more than sisterly love, look at her, they blush and all.. >.<
**Sachiko also loves Yumi more than sisterly love.. She could recognize her even if she was wrapped up in bandages with 1000 other people..

Those are some STRONG feelings being held back out of:
*Reserveness
*Scared to make the 1st move
*Scared to lose friendship
*Scared cause it's same girl on girl

As for Shizuka and Sei's kiss, I remember..
If she didn't get that kiss, you all would still think "Ah, she admires her, normal thing, it's not that she loves her.." but we see this kiss happens, we think of something else..

Shimako, in the novel during her date with Shizuka, returns to the Yamayurikai with Sei there.. She kneels down and hugs her onee-sama. Sei offered she would do anything Shimako said, even kiss her if she wants.. (Why would she offer that? I wonder.. She's not making fun of Shimako like Yumi)

Shimako declined, of course.. I think Sei and her have that relationship (not conversing much to each other) cause Shimako is like Shiori.. She wants to become a nun..

And also, the way Noriko stares at Shimako's face, lips and the way she blushed..
Those are not just admirations.. (Though, during these parts, Shimako was acting kinda like Sei, the 1st student she sees under the ginko tree is her target.. And she is making that student fall purposely, by hugging her and stuff)

And this comment is confirmed by Tsutako, when she said to Shimako:
"It's better to be original than to copy from the previous" (something like that)

Shimako: Why do I get the feeling you can read me?

*Sigh* toink
Old 2007-08-13, 02:31   Link #40
disney72
Going Bonklers

hey steph dont forget the panda thing.. the "look-at-me-going-down-the-ladder-coz-i-see-Yumi-wearing-a-panda-suit scene".. that was funny.. but it gave me a new light to where sachiko really stands...
Closed Thread