AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-02-23, 21:58   Link #121
HeeroX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I wouldn't count Aiko out just yet, theres plenty of time for things to happen between her and Shinichiro... I doubt Shin can forget it that easily... especially something as passionate as that.
Ai-chan is already out. He even said that would forget what happened, and he will not betray his friend.
HeeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 22:00   Link #122
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeroX View Post
Ai-chan is already out. He even said that would forget what happened, and he will not betray his friend.
Twenty seconds prior to that flashback we seem him clearly thinking about it... so he lied.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 22:09   Link #123
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I'd probably guess its been as long as his time knowing Hiromi, but, yes, definately much longer than he's known Nobuse.

From episode 8...
Spoiler for ya...:
that is what annoys me. they keep giving us false hope when we know is not going to happen.
Spoiler:

Quote:
While I fully agree, the way that episode eight was structured with her scene with Nobuse at the door, it feels like they really want to end her chances. I've trusted facial expressions alot during this show and Ai's in that scene told alot. Though, to be honest, her last face... I can't quite say what it is, either she's upset that she's doing this to Nobuse or she's really annoyed by it/him. I really can't tell, anyone else want to try?
what I saw there was Ai trying to avoid Nobuse. He is actually giving her space, The old nobuse would not ask her if he could come in
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 22:15   Link #124
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
that is what annoys me. they keep giving us false hope when we know is not going to happen.
Spoiler:

what I saw there was Ai trying to avoid Nobuse. He is actually giving her space, The old nobuse would not ask her if he could come in
Spoiler for yes:

About Nobuse, I understand him giving her space but that's a little odd way to provide it. The best would have been to not see her for a few days at least, this forces her to think about him which could/not be good for her already troubled mind set.

The expressions I was referring to was after Nobuse left, that's no longer part of her attempt to avoid him. Its showing something else.
Old 2008-02-23, 22:31   Link #125
golthin

Quote:

The expressions I was referring to was after Nobuse left, that's no longer part of her attempt to avoid him. Its showing something else.
That is what I was also talking about. Note the Sweat drops they put on her. Sweat drops are probably because she is not confortable, she feels bad about avoiding him. If she is going to have a chance with Jin she has to remove the obstacles which are TWO. One is she being like a sister to Shin and the other ios Nobuse. I think she will break with Nobuse in the next 5 episodes to later on get backtogether with him.
Old 2008-02-23, 22:38   Link #126
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
That is what I was also talking about. Note the Sweat drops they put on her. Sweat drops are probably because she is not confortable, she feels bad about avoiding him. If she is going to have a chance with Jin she has to remove the obstacles which are TWO. One is she being like a sister to Shin and the other ios Nobuse. I think she will break with Nobuse in the next 5 episodes to later on get backtogether with him.
Ahh, I see. I thought you were referring more to what preceded it.

I'm curious if she does break up with Nobuse and removes both him and her appearance as a sister to Shin, how they will have enough time to put her back together with Nobuse.
Old 2008-02-23, 22:51   Link #127
golthin

Quote:
Ahh, I see. I thought you were referring more to what preceded it.

I'm curious if she does break up with Nobuse and removes both him and her appearance as a sister to Shin, how they will have enough time to put her back together with Nobuse.
I don't think they will need that much time, only about a few minutes with nobuse this time asking her to be his girlfriend again but this time he will do it on his own merits, he won't have shin tagging alone as his cheerleader.

I think the writers have made it very clear that Aiko has not been happy with Nobuse because she was forced into the relationship and has always been wondering the If. She never went after Shin because she knew he was in love with Hiromi.
Old 2008-02-24, 02:07   Link #128
jzmagic
flargansbog

So much for Aiko Shin pairing
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 02:40   Link #129
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Shinichiro can say whatever he wants at that moment, it won't change the fact that it'll be on his mind, mark my words, its not the end of Aiko. Watch her be in the scene once Hiromi gets down and dirty with Jun.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 16:35   Link #130
golthin

Quote:
Shinichiro can say whatever he wants at that moment, it won't change the fact that it'll be on his mind, mark my words, its not the end of Aiko. Watch her be in the scene once Hiromi gets down and dirty with Jun.
well, if that would happen maybe. I don't think Hiromi will do anything with Jun.
Aiko really needs to make her mind. Either give up on Shin or try hard to work at it, be persistant like Nobuse. The first thing she needs to do is get out of the pity relation she is in with Nobuse.
It is not helping anyone, if she decides to give up on Shin, then she needs to decide if she wants to stay in a relation where she doesn't enjoy herself or get out of it. Aiko staying with Nobuse will be like Hiromi staying with Jun, but in Aiko's case she gets a guy that loves her even though she doesn't love him.

I compare Aiko to Mao from kimikiss. The only difference is that Mao has a good chance while Aiko doesn't.
Old 2008-02-24, 17:36   Link #131
Shiori-chan

I really think Shin is acting like a normal person, how would you really react if you get a kiss of a girl you have known for you entire life (or almost) and saying that she actually loves you... would be on my mind too...even when u are dating other people
well I still hope at a shin x noe ending becuz face it, what she did with shin's best friend is kinda... low, date him to get closer to shin... what's that for a way to get closer anyway?
Old 2008-02-24, 19:03   Link #132
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, shin's reaction to Aiko was normal for a person in that situation. but it doesn't make you not feel sorry for her. with only 5 eps left, i wonder what direction the show will go in.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 22:55   Link #133
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
I agree with germanturkey.
Shin's reaction to Aiko is exactly what's expected of a normal person. I'm sure that despite knowing what sort of pain it would cause her, he'd never betray his friend nor Noe because of it.

Nobuse is also doing the right thing I think by giving Aiko space when she wants it. Pushing things right now would only end in disaster, even if things will crash inevitably.

And germanturkey, i can't belive you reminded me that there's only 5 episodes left. When this show is over I'm going to CRY.

(oh wait...i already have cried from this show, quite a few times already...hahahah)

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 02:23   Link #134
DanielSong39

The irony in all of this is that her gamble would've had a chance if she wasn't going out with Miyokichi.

Farewell, Aiko; you handled your rejection with class and I hope you continue to do so. You may have pulled a Sekai but the last thing we want to see is a NICE BOAT ending...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 04:16   Link #135
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well, this is somewhat unrelated... by my fiance is a childhood friend for the past 18 years... And she has had a crush on me for 10 of those 18.... to say the least... I was dense >_> <_<.... I admit it was surprising, at first but I didn't try to forget about it... I gave it a chance and it worked out.

I believe Shinicihiro turned her down, cause he was extremely confused... He just found out that the girl he's been longing for is possibly his half-sister (although genetically its only 1/4th, but I wont get into that XP) and now he's about to date a girl that he thinks he likes, then all of a sudden his child hood friend who is "dating" his friend just kissed him and confessed to him... given the circumstances, I can understand why he said and did what he did. But, he won't surely forget it though... he'll be thinking about it for at least the next 3 episodes... maybe even till the last episode.
Old 2008-02-25, 05:31   Link #136
golthin

Quote:
I believe Shinicihiro turned her down, cause he was extremely confused... He just found out that the girl he's been longing for is possibly his half-sister (although genetically its only 1/4th, but I wont get into that XP) and now he's about to date a girl that he thinks he likes, then all of a sudden his child hood friend who is "dating" his friend just kissed him and confessed to him... given the circumstances, I can understand why he said and did what he did. But, he won't surely forget it though... he'll be thinking about it for at least the next 3 episodes... maybe even till the last episode.
well, we saw he didn't forget about it. Matter of fact he blushed when he remembered the kiss.
I doubt you can forget your first kiss that easily(I still remember mine). He already is making excuses to avoid Aiko, His "date" with Noe was something out of the blue that he decided to avoid being dragged to Aiko's store by nobuse.

The funny thing is that the cliche of the childhood friends is just an anime cliche. In real life childhoodfriends that develop feelings for each other make the best couples, I have met 5 couples that were in this situation during my lifetime and all them are happy. So far I have not seen a divorce yet from them.
Old 2008-02-25, 05:36   Link #137
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I believe the benefit of a childhood friends turn romantic, is that theres no situation where all of a sudden you find out a horrible habit of the person that turns you off immediately to them... you generally know everything about the other person, and fall in love with them for all their pros AND cons. Its not a mere infatuation of the exterior.
Old 2008-02-25, 11:45   Link #138
tweakish

Send a message via AIM to tweakish
Yeah i think Ai definitely has a comeback to make before its all over. There are so many mixed signals everywhere that i don't know what to expect anymore.
tweakish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 23:16   Link #139
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Aiko needs to show some boobage, and she'll get some attention, if for awhile XD
Old 2008-02-27, 01:01   Link #140
Var
Banned

Quote:
Aiko needs to show some boobage, and she'll get some attention, if for awhile XD
Or she can actually break up with the deadweight Nobuse who's really what's keeping Shin on the other side of the fence. As it was pointed out already, her gamble would have had a much better chance if she had out right dumped Nobuse... but he of course did not let her.