Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-06-27, 03:29   Link #301
RRavage
CP9 Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Blasphemy! There is a reason why Mihawk is known as the best.
Shanks is best at everything, he just doent like getting attraction of entire world, so he is always giving titles like "Worlds-Strongest-Man" "Worlds-Strongest-Swordsman" to other people
RRavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 14:33   Link #302
Duzt2duzt

Well shanks would be able to beat Mihawk if he still had his good arm
all thanks to that stupid bandit he lost it
Duzt2duzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 02:34   Link #303
joel+strawhat
one piece rules!

i admit that shanks is pretty strong to be able to face up to mihawk and white beard. But i m so disappointed in his crew, other than usopp's dad who is a excellent sniper, the rest of the crew look regular and isn't superhuman strong like sanji. maybe one of them have devil fruit power... i don really expect them to be insanly powerful like sanji or zoro but they should be at least have a certain degree of strength. All of them just look goofy...
joel+strawhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-28, 15:07   Link #304
Duzt2duzt

Well the Indian type guy is pretty strong
Duzt2duzt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 00:01   Link #305
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRavage View Post
Shanks is best at everything, he just doent like getting attraction of entire world, so he is always giving titles like "Worlds-Strongest-Man" "Worlds-Strongest-Swordsman" to other people
You sir must have Shanks posters on your bedroom wall.

Shanks was Mihawk's "EQUAL" when he had both his arms. Whitebeard stated that Shanks and Mihawk had "Legendary duels!" Shansk is always compared with Hawkeye's in thje Manga.

I would have to say that Shanks and Mihawk are equals UNTIL I see a fight where one of them is the victor.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 01:33   Link #306
UchihaByakuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel+strawhat View Post
i admit that shanks is pretty strong to be able to face up to mihawk and white beard. But i m so disappointed in his crew, other than usopp's dad who is a excellent sniper, the rest of the crew look regular and isn't superhuman strong like sanji. maybe one of them have devil fruit power... i don really expect them to be insanly powerful like sanji or zoro but they should be at least have a certain degree of strength. All of them just look goofy...
I believe in the world of One Piece the more goofy you look the more stronger you are Look @ Dam Flamingo
UchihaByakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 05:24   Link #307
RRavage
CP9 Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
You sir must have Shanks posters on your bedroom wall.

Shanks was Mihawk's "EQUAL" when he had both his arms. Whitebeard stated that Shanks and Mihawk had "Legendary duels!" Shansk is always compared with Hawkeye's in thje Manga.

I would have to say that Shanks and Mihawk are equals UNTIL I see a fight where one of them is the victor.
Shanks is just too goofy and carefree at everything.I dont think he actually cares about to be known as "strongest of all" eveywhere.Besides I dont think Mihawk shouldve reach yonkou level at his old pirate days before going shichibukai? He'd probably be a famous pirate for sure, but if we accept all shichi's god-like powerful than Blackbeard should already been a yonkou at his level until now....Also Mihawk's path is certain, He's wandering the sea hunting pirates all the time to finally confront Zoro with his superb sword skills, but we still dont know what Shanks is up to, we dont even know what he is actually capable of yet, Shanks path will surely go with Luffy to raftel and can change things in main story..So yes, theyre equal until we see each other fight (which will never happen imo )

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaByakuya View Post
I believe in the world of One Piece the more goofy you look the more stronger you are Look @ Dam Flamingo
Blackbeard is also a goofy,fat,cherry pie loving,drunkard Marine captains having coolest abilities-cloaks-weapons-silent but deadly looking poses..then passes out with just a usopp fire star goofiness for the win
RRavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 08:38   Link #308
kadenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duzt2duzt View Post
Well the Indian type guy is pretty strong
? which character is this?
kadenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 17:15   Link #309
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel+strawhat View Post

i always though that Ben Beckman, Shanks first-mate looked quite strong.
Lucky Roux as well.
Old 2007-07-02, 00:52   Link #310
Brooke_the_Skeleton

in case you haven't learned anything from watching this series, looks mean almost nothing when it comes to strength, i mean just look at luffy, you cant get any wierder.

and shanks is one of the four emperors of the new world, that's like the highest rank besides king of the pirates.not only that but he could scare away one of those giant sea monsters just by looking at it, and some of whitebeards crew fainted at his mere presence.

how can you say that someone that strong would have a week crew.
Brooke_the_Skeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-02, 08:13   Link #311
Vree

Well, I don't know. Lucky Roux is apparantly faster than the eye and Ben Beckman, according to Oda, is the smartest man on East Blue.
Vree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 16:14   Link #312
Master Mold
Banned

Emperor Shanks?

This thread may have manga spoilers.

You guys remember back in chapter 434 when Shanks tells The WHITEBEARD about how his underling (Blackbeard at that time) gashed his eye?

My question is this...........*Turns & drinks rum*

Was Shanks an Emperor when he got his eye gashed by Blackbeard?

The Canon suggests Shanks was an Emperor before he arrived in Luffy's village, & that at the time whitebeard'a underling Blackbeard was already on par with an Emperor (Shanks) with out the powers of the Yami Yami DF.

So with that said, Blackbeard = > Shanks

* Turns and finish off the barrel of rum *

Discuss!
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-19, 16:43   Link #313
Fyria

Well Shanks already had that scar on his eye when Luffy was kid... so it was atleast 10 years ago.

It's not clear when did Shanks become one of Emperors and what kind of power ups he has gained during years...

However Shanks was pretty worried and serious about Blackbeard when he talked with Whitebeard about Ace's crusade. Shanks definetly takes Blackbeard very serious.

Also it's not clear did Blackbeard 'win' against Shanks or did it become draw or even Shanks win. However it seems that Oda is building Blackbeard perhaps one of final villains on series and his Devil fruit is arguably strongest we have seen so far, and Blackbear seemed to be very capable advesary even before he obtained Darkness fruit.

We know very little about Shanks powers except that Suppression aura and his swordman skills.

I think its quite futile to think these things with our current legit information
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-20, 01:40   Link #314
Master Mold
Banned

I think Shanks was an Empeor when Blackbeard got to that eye ball of his. for the following Canon reasons.

Quote:
Whitebeard: You've certainly made a name for yourself,
Since your days as a simple cabin boy...
On Gol D. Roger's ship...!!!
Quote:
Whitebeard: It passed in the blink of eye, to me...
But plenty already speak of them as legends.
The days of the duels between you and Hawk-Eyes,
they are still fresh in my ears...
When you came from East Blue,
missing an arm... well, EVERYONE was shocked
Shanks (Emperor) coming out of the East Blue missing his arm it shocked EVERYONE! (New world & them are words from The WHITEBEARD a Boss)

Quote:
Whitebeard: Who'd you lose that arm to,
then...?
Whitebeard asking Shanks (Emperor) who he lost his arm to.

Shanks never dueled Hawkeye's when he was on Gold D Roger's ship, after Roger's death Shanks made a name for him self, by dueling Hawkeye's, in that time fram that's when Shanks gained Emperor status, & got into it with Blackbeard.

Even at Fusha Village, Shanks 1st mate said this....

Quote:
Beckman: (thwup)
Don't get full of yourselves, bandits...!!
If you wanna mess with us,
you better be hauling a battleship along.
Quote:
Shanks: This one was no mark of adventure.
It did not come at the hands of Hawk-Eyes...
This scar was given to me
by YOUR man, "Blackbeard" Teach...!!
And it was not a cheap blow taken by surprise.
Do you understand what I'm saying, Whitebeard?!
He was waiting for his chance... He didn't take a captain's position, he didn't take the fame.
He was spending all of his time hiding in the shadow of your name!!!
And when he gained his power... he struck.
Ultimately, he will seek the very top.
Of his OWN will!!
Eventually, he will even come to steal YOUR position!!
Then Emperor Shanks got scared By Blackbeard, thats why Shanks telling Whitebeard....

Quote:
This scar was given to me
by YOUR man, "Blackbeard" Teach...!!
And it was not a cheap blow taken by surprise.
Do you understand what I'm saying, Whitebeard?!
Blackbeard scared an Emperor (Shanks).

Blackbeard is suppose to be famous for that but, as Shanks tells us...

Quote:
He didn't take a captain's position, he didn't take the fame.
If Shanks was not an Yonkou, when he got that scar form Blackbeard, Shanks telling Whitebeard all that would be pointless, and bad writing.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2007-10-28 at 02:00.
Old 2007-10-28, 01:25   Link #315
Red-hair Pirate
Banned

Red-haired Shanks and Whitebeard (Eward Newgate) are the Pirate Kings right now and they are the
Spoiler for series:
Red-hair Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 01:28   Link #316
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
Red-haired Shanks and Whitebeard (Eward Newgate) are the Pirate Kings right now and they are the
Spoiler for series:
What makes you think that?
Old 2007-10-28, 01:36   Link #317
Red-hair Pirate
Banned

Quote:
What makes you think that?
Because if you saw episode 316 you would know..........
Old 2007-10-28, 01:39   Link #318
Master Mold
Banned

Well Whitebeard is the one & only one closest to One Piece & is the strongest man in the One Piece world, so at this point in the story we can say Whitebeard is the strongest, but shanks use to be a rivaled of Mihawk the strongest swordsman in the world, & Shanks is a swordsman, & Mihawk is in the New World, so your statement about Shanks being the strongest is wrong, can't forget about Blackbeard & what he did to Shanks eye.
Old 2007-10-28, 01:48   Link #319
Red-hair Pirate
Banned

Quote:
Well Whitebeard is the one & only one closet to One Piece & is the strongest man in the One Piece world, so at this point in the story we can say Whitebeard is the strongest, but shanks use to be a rivaled of Mihawk the strongest swordsman in the world, & Shanks is a swordsman, 7 Mihawk is in the New World, so your statement about Shanks being the strongest is wrong.
I know that Shanks isn't the Strongest but, him and Whitebeard are the same power and level because, Whitebeard got the title "World's Strongest Man" is because he tied with Roger "When shanks was "little boy" in Rogers ship....now shanks is VERY strong.
Spoiler for scene:
Old 2007-10-28, 01:56   Link #320
Master Mold
Banned

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red-hair Pirate View Post
I know that Shanks isn't the Strongest but, him and Whitebeard are the same power and level because, Whitebeard got the title "World's Strongest Man" is because he tied with Roger "When shanks was "little boy" in Rogers ship....now shanks is VERY strong.
Yea, Shanks is very strong I can't disagree with that.

Quote:
Spoiler for scene:
Don't know about that, where was that said?