AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-15, 07:07   Link #181
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Don't know if anyone wants it , but I found the lyrics of the ED.
Spoiler for ED lyrics:
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 13:47   Link #182
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I am in total support of this.

Yeah, I can definitely approve of that. Plus we get an even split. Mostly since they included Natsume on the Sunshine side, and Awara along with Mizubuchi on the GA side.
Old 2010-02-15, 16:52   Link #183
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Maybe when you're older. Yuno reading the story out loud to herself was kinda endearing.

Enjoyed all the nice eyecatches.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2010-02-15 at 17:05.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 20:08   Link #184
SamCurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
From this point on Natsume's crush is downright sexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Maybe when you're older.
Yuno is supposed to be familar to shojo. How can she not understand a single bit of this? Maybe this novel is just what it says on its tin; it's too realistic for Sae to understand.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-15, 23:29   Link #185
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Great episode! This show has really undergone a noticeable improvement this season. The art is even more freewheeling. The pacing has picked up and the jokes have increased in both quantity and quality.

Yuno's morning exercise club is really catching on. Miya does another impression. They remind me of Miu's impressions in Ichigo Mashimaro.

Nazuna's popular? And a man-eater? What kind of a world is that? Bright, cheerful, talented, slightly air-headed, with a great body. That's just what I said!

FIrst the feet, then the exercising bodies, now the eyecatch storm. My favorite was Yuno in the Sae glasses. She looked ... sexy!

Moreso than Yoshi sticking it in my face. You'd think a babe like that would have a boyfriend. Mashiko's disgusted attitude is based on knowing just how crazy she is, but I've never known craziness to offset the attraction of beauty. Maybe the squeaky shoes are too much of a giveaway.

Wait... am I doing it now? Is this how the Nazunas of the world take over?

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2010-02-15 at 23:39.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 09:10   Link #186
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
DEM HIPS, man. DEM HIPS.

@KaneDragon:
Third eyecatch made me lol. Not today, Natsume. Not ever, actually.

I noticed there were bouts of declining quality here and there in this episode.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-19, 15:26   Link #187
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I received the ED Single CD in the mail yesterday, and just want to say that this song is probably one of my favourite marble songs. Lots of energy, but still a pretty nice arrangement with good instrumentation. The song's actual ending also isn't cut-off awkwardly like the TV-size was. The B-Side sort reminds me the more traditional marble stuff - they definitely have an interesting style to their instrumentation that's a weird mix of old and new (it's kind of 70s folksy maybe?). Anyway, one of my favourite OP/ED songs of the anime season for sure.
Old 2010-02-20, 01:49   Link #188
SamCurt

Really, even Ep 7 is an anime original, it is SS in its best.

Nutbladder, the audio after the photo montage sounded unsync.

I'm waiting to see how Shaft deal with the very emotional Ep 8. Especially the latter half.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 11:05   Link #189
Midonin
Last Engage

Chika's presence in the anime proves to be a good thing. Since having someone else in Gen Ed serves to relax Nazuna, plus the animal segment was amusing. Sae can apparently help you save money on your car insurance, and hearing "hamster" within two sentences of Rie Kugimiya's voice was a bit nostalgic. As for Yoshinoya...the Principal's still got it for an old man.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-20, 21:13   Link #190
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Yeah, I think Yoshi's found her Prince Charming right under her nose. That was a wonderful slow full body pan of her at the end in the Chinese miniskirt. Chika had great boots.

A pretty sleepy episode. Just eating.
Old 2010-02-21, 07:14   Link #191
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It's a shame we didn't get to see the park outing, though just hearing about it in the second half of the episode made up for it. Hiro and Sae are so a couple, it's funny.
Old 2010-02-21, 11:41   Link #192
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't realize Chika would be a high school student this year. I also wish we could have seen the park outing, I would have liked to see her interact a bit more with Nori and Nazuna.

Even the principal and Yoshinoya have started exercising now. That old man is still in awesome shape... that reminded of his epic jump in one of the OVAs
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-21, 12:19   Link #193
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
I didn't realize Chika would be a high school student this year. I also wish we could have seen the park outing, I would have liked to see her interact a bit more with Nori and Nazuna.
Maybe if we're lucky, they'll make that the subject of a bonus episode. Not that I'm expecting it. Regardless, it was nice to see Chika and she's grown quite nicely.
Old 2010-02-21, 12:42   Link #194
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I think what makes the park visit even more special is hearing about it in the second half of this episode, so i think it's best left like that.
Old 2010-02-22, 16:49   Link #195
CynicalDurian

it'd be nice to see a bit more interaction between Chika, Nori and Nazuna in future episodes or perhaps the inevitable specials/OVA

I'm in agreement with Shiroth regarding the visit to the park

Spoiler for Park Visit:

<3
CynicalDurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 22:10   Link #196
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I wish there were better versions of the post-episode pictures like this than just screenshots.

And Sae/Hiro make a picture perfect couple once again. Always good having the others affirming this.
Old 2010-02-23, 08:00   Link #197
scr
my sides are in orbit

Lightbulb

Quote:

At the risk of association with members of a certain notorious image board, i must say... FUND IT!!!1

As for the latest episode, it's so very good (especially if you can see things from Nazuna's perspective). It's like what Yuno went through in the first season.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 12:47   Link #198
nojay
Scanlator

Episode 8 - Crabs!

Yuno's got crabs (on the brain...) and Yoshinoya sensei is committing sexual harrassment again...
Spoiler for Little red dress:
Old 2010-02-27, 18:59   Link #199
Tsuchi

Aaaah, yes, I couldn't help but get addicted to this series again. I found the first season almost by pure chance last year and I kind of wanted more since then.

It's one of those series there's almost nothing to actually discuss about, yet are so terribly pleasant to watch.

Am I the only one who died at the scene on Episode 1 when Yuno starts naming the ingredients for stew in English?

"Potato, carrot, onion, broccoli, chiHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGHHHHHH."

Anyway, following this new installment of the series with fiery passion. Good stuff. The new characters are dangerously cute and the eye handjobs by SHAFT are still there. Delicious.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 11:54   Link #200
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Ep.8: We got one of the rarer Yuuno introspection episodes during part B. Not that I don't like the comedy, but I vastly prefer Hidamari Sketch when it's into that mildly nostalgic, mildly sad, mildly hopeful mode.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, shaft, slice of life