AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-30, 10:43   Link #121
Midonin
Last Engage

Mustache Guy got not one, but two eyecatches. That made the episode fun. Other great moments included Yoshinoya imitatng the Principal, and almost any moment that Miyako was speaking.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 10:45   Link #122
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Wasn't that because she's still thinking along those lines?

If that was teh case I think her reaction would be different. Not to mention that it'd be a shame, it'd be as if she would just ignore all the character development she went through in the past episodes.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 12:12   Link #123
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I really like all the bonus Natsume scenes. They're really cute.
Old 2010-01-30, 12:43   Link #124
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
Tortoise's releases are named Hoshimittsu, not with stars, so that's not it. The odd thing is the first 3 played fine, but now this.
Well, you can go to Playback Help for this, but the usual advice (assuming you're on a PC) is uninstall all codecs, install the latest CCCP, and try playing in the included Media Player Classic. Chances are that'll fix it.
Old 2010-01-30, 14:02   Link #125
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, you can go to Playback Help for this, but the usual advice (assuming you're on a PC) is uninstall all codecs, install the latest CCCP, and try playing in the included Media Player Classic. Chances are that'll fix it.
*Shakes head* I don't use codec packs, I use SMPlayer. And I seriously doubt the XviD codec is the source of this, since that's been working fine for years.

My guess is that recently something got changed in the encoding process, but I need someone who's involved in a fansub group to confirm this.

Last edited by Joe4evr; 2010-01-30 at 14:20.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:10   Link #126
SamCurt

There's another callback to previous stories... remember how Nori described her lesson with Yoshinoya-sensei? Wore a frilly dress and offered to go nude... That's the Brutus episode...
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 20:22   Link #127
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

When I first envisioned Nori, I thought she would sound more abrasive. So far she's been nothing but SO DAMN ADORABLE.

Quote:
I really like all the bonus Natsume scenes.
They kinda depress me since her feelings will never be reciprocated.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 21:47   Link #128
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
They kinda depress me since her feelings will never be reciprocated.

It isn't like we're going to see any relationships rise above subtext, so I will continue to dream.

Shoot, now I'm reminded of Shirou's pursuit of an impossible ideal (and that Avalon bonus ending). So as I pray...
Old 2010-01-30, 22:44   Link #129
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
*Shakes head* I don't use codec packs, I use SMPlayer. And I seriously doubt the XviD codec is the source of this, since that's been working fine for years.

My guess is that recently something got changed in the encoding process, but I need someone who's involved in a fansub group to confirm this.
My guess is that the suggestion would still work to allow you to play the file, which I thought was the point. It's not as if the thing doesn't use codecs at the end of the day, even if it's bundled. Anyway, as I said, the other forum is the place to be for this sort of thing. It's not as if the file plain doesn't work, in any case.
Old 2010-01-31, 00:15   Link #130
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Shoot, now I'm reminded of Shirou's pursuit of an impossible ideal (and that Avalon bonus ending). So as I pray...
Unlimited Chase Works.
Now we just need future Natsume coming to school and stirring things up.
Old 2010-01-31, 09:42   Link #131
Preacher

Is it me or did the last episode did very different in graphical style and quality from previous ones? Almost like if it were the different people making it.

Did they took the animators from Hidamari and transfered them to save Vampire Bund while different people are continuing Hidamari?
Old 2010-01-31, 09:58   Link #132
sirn
田舎者言うな

Episode 4 was an outsourced episode to Studio Izena. Vampire Bund is done by a totally different team.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 12:09   Link #133
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Episode 4 was an outsourced episode to Studio Izena. Vampire Bund is done by a totally different team.
That's the thing I don't get. When an episode gets outsourced, why does it still look like the other episodes? Or is it actually different and that my eyes are just too stupid to tell.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 12:38   Link #134
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
That's the thing I don't get. When an episode gets outsourced, why does it still look like the other episodes? Or is it actually different and that my eyes are just too stupid to tell.
I might be wrong but for characters drawing, there will be a character design reference for each character in each episode, animation director will responsible in checking and correcting them to uniform; background company will stay the same most of time. The direction for an episode depended on an episode director, though.
Old 2010-01-31, 14:59   Link #135
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
This explains why Nori's curtains weren't done in the usual static texture SHAFT seems to like.
Old 2010-01-31, 17:13   Link #136
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
With that mind, is there any reason why episode 4 was outsourced to a different studio? The only SHAFT title that I'm aware of that they may be working on is the Negima OAV's, and I think the next one will not come out until the release of volume 30 of the manga (with volume 29 containing an audio CD that's a back story involving Negi's father).
Old 2010-01-31, 17:20   Link #137
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

They are also working in 'Dance in the Vampire Bund' this season as well. What's more, Shinbo is also directing both of them, so it must be quite the workload.

In another topic, how far is the manga run right now? Is there enough for a hypothetical fourth season for the next year, or would we have to wait more than that?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 17:31   Link #138
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
With that mind, is there any reason why episode 4 was outsourced to a different studio?
It's their usual outsource rotation; Hidamari is always in-house for one episode, then outsourced for another, then in-house again. Their schedule is more packed than you think, with Arakawa Under The Bridge starts in April, two Bakemonogatari episodes, a Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OAD episode, a Negima! OAD episode and DVD corrections…

They have a policy of never refusing any work offer because they used to be banned from the industry for some reason (for Shinbo it's because Soul Taker) so they're kind of scared that once they refuse, there won't be any work coming for them from that certain production line. It's backfired, apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
In another topic, how far is the manga run right now? Is there enough for a hypothetical fourth season for the next year, or would we have to wait more than that?
I think they'll run out of volume 4 chapters by the next two episodes…
Old 2010-01-31, 19:44   Link #139
SamCurt

Quote:
I think they'll run out of volume 4 chapters by the next two episodes…
I checked; discounting the coloured specials at the beginning of each volume and the two chapters that will be aired next Friday, there are only 5 unanimated chapters from the first 4 volumes, which is good for about 3 (maybe 4) episodes.

However, as the anime was announced last August, it may also include 6 more chapters that has yet collected into volumes, so there may be barely enough material...

Fear not in whatever case; the anime has tons of filler material anyway; remember they single-handedly made up the entire Chika thing...
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 17:09   Link #140
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Considering that they are already "off manga" (at least off the 4 vol's published in the US), it should not be that much of a problem. The advantage of the 4-koma format it that it leaves a lot of room for anime invention, with-out the anime having to actually deviate from the manga's plot (such as it is). I've never really considered the anime-only episodes filler in this type of show; they don't really slow down the story and they never feel like something just tack on--like they can in more plot-centric shows.

The only real problem that this show will have is that, as it does move through time (even if not always in a linear manner), the girls will graduate at some point. Following the pattern that they've set, they have one more season before Sae and Hiro graduate, then two season with Yuno and Mia as 3rd years. That's three more seasons tops, before they lose all of their original characters.

Tags
comedy, seinen, shaft, slice of life