AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-04, 13:55   Link #3541
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaterasu1963 View Post
No idea but after several ages spent searching I found the image I remembered. (with bonus Megane!)

Wow, thanks! That stuff goes straight into the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Where can you get pictures of Quint and Megane like that ? Is this true their appearance during work at the Bureau?
Yes, that question interests me, too. ^^

Quote:
After all, I want to ask something. Actually, what the Bureau purpose of prohibiting the manufacture of Artificial Mage?
Other than obvious ethical complications regarding human cloning? I don't think the Mid has gotten any further towards a unified stance on cloning than we puny Earthlings did. ^^;

Well, the Bureau also prohibits creation of combat cyborgs on the grounds of extensive genetic manipulation needed for that. We haven't seen any serious inborn defects in any currently known cyborgs, but then again, Scaglietti was a genius and even he admired whoever created the Type Zeros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Looking at Megane...you know an outfit is tight-fitting when it shows off her bellybutton. Particularly an innie. (Actually, everything we've found out about Megane explains a whole lot about Lutecia's personality changes between StrikerS and ViVid.)
Like mother, like daughter, it seems.

EDIT: Page claim for sexy mothers and their cheerful daughters!
Old 2011-09-04, 13:56   Link #3542
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Megane still dresses more sensibly than Lutecia, if her daughter's latest Barrier Jacket is any indication...
Old 2011-09-04, 14:40   Link #3543
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Yes, that question interests me, too. ^^
Yes, we've seen a short moment of their jackets during a flashback in StrikerS.

Quote:
Well, the Bureau also prohibits creation of combat cyborgs on the grounds of extensive genetic manipulation needed for that. We haven't seen any serious inborn defects in any currently known cyborgs, but then again, Scaglietti was a genius and even he admired whoever created the Type Zeros.
It's more that the genetic manipulation needs to be done at a very early stage, so doing this means that you want a child to be a cyborg before its even born. It's a child supersoldier program, with all ethical bells and whistles included.
Old 2011-09-04, 17:54   Link #3544
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Don't forget ViViD. This is also when they were young and became a participant in the Inter Middle Championship.
Old 2011-09-05, 01:07   Link #3545
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Quote:
Don't forget ViViD. This is also when they were young and became a participant in the Inter Middle Championship.
Ack, sorry for not narrowing it down... The question I was interested in was this:

Quote:
Where can you get pictures of Quint and Megane like that ?
Old 2011-09-05, 01:33   Link #3546
Zero Hurricane

But I think they wear the same Barrier Jacket.
Old 2011-09-05, 01:51   Link #3547
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Long story short, we have no official answers for why Jail didn't keep Quint's body or Device?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-09-05, 01:58   Link #3548
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The guy's a madman, maybe he didn't have a reason in the first place.
Old 2011-09-05, 05:23   Link #3549
Zero Hurricane

Well, probably he may treat his research objects like junk.
Old 2011-09-05, 05:36   Link #3550
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Long story short, we have no official answers for why Jail didn't keep Quint's body or Device?
Nope.

Quote:
Well, probably he may treat his research objects like junk.
Actually, he's always been very respectful in that regard.
Old 2011-09-05, 07:26   Link #3551
Zero Hurricane

No matter the any honorable way he treats his victims, for me playing the one's innocent life cannot longer be forgiven.
Old 2011-09-05, 08:19   Link #3552
Amaterasu1963

Quote:
Where can you get pictures of Quint and Megane like that ?
I don't know, someone posted it and I saved it. It's years old. The background seems to have arrows on it so I think they came from a relationship chart.
Old 2011-09-05, 10:08   Link #3553
Dark Wing

Quote:

Other than obvious ethical complications regarding human cloning? I don't think the Mid has gotten any further towards a unified stance on cloning than we puny Earthlings did. ^^;

Really? I would have thought it was because people to start going around making their own personal armies?...
Old 2011-09-05, 12:24   Link #3554
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Really? I would have thought it was because people to start going around making their own personal armies?...
Clone Wars 2.0 would probably be an argument against cloning, too. Though I don't think an army of clones would be a feasible economical notion...
Old 2011-09-05, 17:40   Link #3555
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Silly question:

Has Subaru and Signum ever directly talked to each other in canon xD?

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-09-05 at 18:04.
Old 2011-09-05, 21:28   Link #3556
fullrefund

I know that questions might seem weird but it seem pretty much impossible to find answers otherwise for me.

I am not sure if it's the right place to ask but i have but i have heard a while ago about Triangle heart that was the parent serie of Nanohaverse. I have watched the anime but found little answer. I am considering Kuon as a familiar but i have so many questions.

All i could find was on wikipedia: "Kuon is Nami's pet fox, who has an affinity for Nanoha as well. However, she is actually a kitsune and transforms into a foxgirl. Kuon has lived for centuries and once flew into a rage after her human lover was killed. She was cursed to live forever, but was sealed into the form of a helpless young fox until the Kanzaki family could become powerful enough to either save or destroy her. Kuon eventually learns to love humans again."

What is her big character trait? Is she patient? short fuse? Does she like to play tricks? What kind of food she like? What get on her nerves? What differentiate her from other character (beside being a fox). You know, little details that help dicern what she would do in x situation.

Being a supernatural creature make me question her abilities. How strong is she(cursed and curse broken)? Can she lift a car? A tank? A mountain? How fast is she? Can she do magic in general? If yes to magic, what can she do with it? Does the cursed to live forever mean invincible(regeneration) or simply in the sens that she doesn't age?

Does she have any enemies in her original setting?
Old 2011-09-05, 21:38   Link #3557
Zero Hurricane

Actually I am curious about the Eclipse's nature, does it have similarities with drugs? Both have similarities: if once affected, it will not get out again. And if the lust to kill hold forcefully, then they will be a pile of meat. Just like drugs, if users do not consume such pills of ecstasy, then users will die.
Old 2011-09-05, 23:28   Link #3558
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Actually I am curious about the Eclipse's nature, does it have similarities with drugs? Both have similarities: if once affected, it will not get out again. And if the lust to kill hold forcefully, then they will be a pile of meat. Just like drugs, if users do not consume such pills of ecstasy, then users will die.
Hhhmmm... i previously compared Eclipse with socially conflictive diseases like cancer and aids but i think i like yhour compàrission better. Indeed, the Eclipse virus presents some similarities akin to drugs and the eclipse infected behave much like adicts. Apparently the Hucks are not content with a cure because they don't want to lose the benefits of the infection, in fact, they only want to find a way to avoid the death consequences and keep feeling good.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-06, 00:34   Link #3559
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Silly question:

Has Subaru and Signum ever directly talked to each other in canon xD?
The only time that springs to mind immediately is episode 8 (I think), when Shari and the Wolkies show the Forwards the video of Nanoha's epic fail. :3

Quote:
I think it's much simpler than that. The Hucks were probably envisioned as a science-fiction-ey version of vampires, superpowered, badass, and sexy. Vampires actually combine both the viral nature and the drug addiction symbolism, so there you have it.
Old 2011-09-06, 09:46   Link #3560
Zero Hurricane

Well, talking about don't lose the benefits, I also thinking because the effects of Eclipse, people who suffer from this virus will become addicted. According to English Nanoha Wiki that I read, the behavior of someone who has been affected by Eclipse will become irritable and spiteful, right? But in my opinion, Thoma, although affected by the Eclipse, I don't see any signs of hatred of him, instead I saw the expression on his face that seemed to be controlled by Eclipse. Sad and suffering. Just look at his eyes.

In the case of Huckebein, although their infection has stabilized, but I find there is another effect that is more than just irritable and spiteful. Instead they sharpen their spiteful nature becomes an egomaniac, asocial, arrogant, stubborn, likes to laugh and spit on unlucky people, and even feasting on the greatness of them without realizing that they have hurt people who actually don't hurt and antagonize them. I know that they feel the pain so deep and they're also part of society, but they seemed to be too humble themselves. They are free to beating people, but they seemed unaware that they experienced the influence of Eclipse makes them fall into the bottomless abyss of darkness. They think that killing can solve the problem, even the Bureau supposing find a cure for them. Arguably my opinion of Huckies is more than just family, but families with the soul of dirty coward.

Sorry for what I said. The question is: if the opinions that I said is true, is that mean the Eclipse can affect the soul, mental, and the mind of one person becomes wild and uncontrollable? And what that does for a social life?