AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 16 39.02%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 17.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-10, 09:48   Link #121
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Kagura has no bad intention? Then he's just a child, pure yet cruel enough to massacre people without knowing right or wrong.
Seeing that he apparently lived in the slums until he met Mykage, then after Mykage went to take a nap he spent his life in Altair's military under Izumo I don't think he's pure and innocent... I think he just has a sort of mental tunnel vision, and doesn't give a lot of damn about anything that falls outside of that.

I would care if Shrade died, but let's face it, the guy's a walking death flag. I just hope he'll go out in a blaze of glory, saving the entire city or something. He may have been a murderer but at least he's atoning for it. (Btw, I've been wondering about this earlier - why didn't the police ever arrest him? ^^;; oh well, common sense does not apply here.)
Old 2012-04-10, 10:04   Link #122
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I'm not the type to be too fond of characters like that.
I'm more interested in grey characters: they sometimes do bad and sometimes do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Btw, I've been wondering about this earlier - why didn't the police ever arrest him?
No way that they would let take away police the strongest element.
Old 2012-04-10, 10:32   Link #123
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I would care if Shrade died, but let's face it, the guy's a walking death flag. I just hope he'll go out in a blaze of glory, saving the entire city or something. He may have been a murderer but at least he's atoning for it. (Btw, I've been wondering about this earlier - why didn't the police ever arrest him? ^^;; oh well, common sense does not apply here.)
Shrade never killed anyone. He just played the piano and people in his audience started killing themselves!
Good luck proving in court that he is a murderer.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2012-04-10, 10:39   Link #124
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Shrade never killed anyone. He just played the piano and people in his audience started killing themselves!
Good luck proving in court that he is a murderer.
Depending on the law in your jurisdiction and on the evidence, it is possible that Shrade would arrested for inciting or assisting murder, if it could be proven that he had the necessary mental state (mens rea), which would make liable for the same penalty as murder. In the US there would be different degrees of murder so it's different.
Old 2012-04-10, 12:54   Link #125
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It isn't the first time I had to do that, but I hope it will be the last (huh who am I kidding anyway...).
As already asked several times: please do not mention content from Genesis of Aquarion. There is already an established thread for that.

Closing this thread for a moment.
Old 2012-04-10, 13:49   Link #126
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

Well the way I see our love rectangle

Zessica: Growing Love - Has become aware of her feelings for Amata from previous episodes and has grown since then to the point where she would be glad to see Mikono be with Kagura instead of Amata and doesn't want him to feel abandoned (perhaps alone).

Kagura: Obsessed Love - Feelings from the past perhaps? Is so intent at reuniting with Sylvie that he chases after her scent (Mikono) everywhere and goes wild if anyone tries to stand in his way of obtaining her. He also can't stop thinking about her.

Amata: First Love - Innocent and sweet feelings for Mikono. Cares more for her safety, and notices more her facial gestures and physical feel. Blushes alot when trying to portray or explain his feelings. Feels they were destined to meet each other.

Mikono: Unknown Love (or otherwise she subconsciously knows who she loves) - Has feelings for Amata but has not acted on them as of yet. Get's jealous of Zessica around Amata at times. Has called out Amata's name numerous times when in danger (knight in shining amour). Feel's a sense of 'deja vu' with Kagura, and often feels repressed emotions arise from their close meetings. Kagura lingers through Mikono's mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2012-04-10, 14:17   Link #127
Zuul

I hope Amata will take Zessica's warnings in consideration.

I'm not saying he should give up on pursuing a relationship Mikono, but so far he's been too naive and idealizing her too much. He should become a bit more realist and cynical on the matter.

Let's see how it evolves from now on.
Old 2012-04-10, 14:27   Link #128
Thess

My internet was being wonky for a while.

Hi guys.

So impressions of the episode:

Loved Kagura being derpy. I don't care for his bad boy seem look, but I love him being so clueless and simple beast man. Shushu and him are OTP. Is he blind or something? Or maybe he doesn't have a human vision (with all colors and distinguished features), because he had Mikono in front of him and he still didn't see her first. He seemed guided by scent (and only ditched MIX after he smelled her closely. This has potential of being a future troll).

Loved Mikono actually grow out her misunderstanding and realize his true colors; she was pretty smart. I think this episode pretty much confirms a connection between them. Mikono blushes, has flashbacks, looks pretty longingly at the space (and ignoring Amata) after Kagura is transported away. Sympathy my boot. Now I hope this is the last time she gets to be a damsel in distress, it has grown as stale as Zessica's mopping.

(Crack Theory time: what if Mikono is Apollo(n) and Kagura is Sylvia/e. He talks to her/about her in reverse, maybe he's trying to say: I AM YOUR SYLVIE).

Loved Amata growing the wings of detachment. I think is more or less confirmed he's the wings incarnated rather than a reincarnation. That's probably why he didn't get an Ace as card. By casting away his past, he did not let Apollo (or Sylvia?) subjugate it.

Loved Zessica when she was pushed to explain everything to Amata after he nearly got run over a car (and she saved him from getting hit, I liked that). He was in the complete dark about this, he needed to be aware of what was coming on; it was a good timing for her to be completely sincere about it.

Loved Malloy and Sanzanka and MIX and Andy and Cayenne for their small roles played. Also Mykage is deliciously hilarious troll again.

That ending made me tear up.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-04-10, 14:35   Link #129
Winged_Memories
Mi Corazon

I think by the end of this series they should have a poll asking "Do you think this anime was a TROLLING piece of work?" I know I would definitely vote (^.^) troll troll trollololol...
Old 2012-04-10, 15:24   Link #130
ookamigirl

Shame Andy's holes weren't much help LOL
Kagura's reverse damage ability was really interesting to see in action.
Mikono got snatched again... that girl is like a Kagura magnet *sigh*
Seems like Kagura is kinda a tsundere type (#^-^#)
Mikono & Kagura = Sylvie & Apollon, wonder is they will resist the legend till the end..
Amata vs Kagura was kinda one-sided fight till Amata got some help.
Great episode!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-04-10, 15:52   Link #131
Zuul

Rewatch the episode without my Kagurafag goggles on. Feels bad for Amata.

Kagura should have toned down the beating. Kinda like how Amata hesitated a little shooting at Kagura.

Also watching at the subbed version there is no way Kagura's obssession recesses now that he thinks Mikono wants to "kill" with him . XD His reverse talking is really great to get crap past the radar.

Being Amata is suffering.
Being Zessica is suffering.
Being Mikono is suffering.

The only one who looked a bit happy at the end was Kagura in spite of having been shot.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-04-10 at 16:03.
Old 2012-04-10, 16:57   Link #132
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

This series is gonna troll me to no end.

Zessica gonna get something good later I bet. She god damn popular and eye candy for the nerds~
Old 2012-04-10, 18:03   Link #133
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Finally got to see the episode. Goddam easter lol.

But back to the show, despite it looking better and better for KaguraXMikono, I dunno, it seems more and more likely to me that Amata wins in the end. Okada seems to like the formula of "develop AxB first half, make it seem BxC is more probable in the second half, but finish it off with AxB in the end," and Aquarion Evol is starting to reek of it.

That said, Kagura putting on a dere side is adoreable, and it looks like Mikono was moved by it. I called it in a previous episode that Kagura speaks 'backwards' (at least to Mikono), and am glad Mikono realizes this. And now she literally saves his life? I for one am going to milk all these squee moments for what it is worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well sometimes they can be fun, but most times they're just stressful...
As with anything else, shipping in regards to complicated love polygons is all about perspective. It's only really stressful when you worry episode in and episode out whether your ship will sail.

Once you have wholly accepted that you have a good chance to lose (realistically the larger the polygon the lesser your odds of winning), and that there is life (or other ships) after your current ship, then its all fun from then on. You can NOT win with every ship, so why worry if your current one will? Just have fun rooting for them.

As I said before, it's those people who have closed their minds to other possibilities are those who rage more. Punches you don't see hurt the most, so as long as you can understand where other ships are coming from, why they ship the way they do, and see how the story can evolve to accommodate their pairings, you should be fine.

Quote:
Plus you cant really say anything in support of your favorite pairing without starting a chain reaction of some sort so you have to watch your words...
Actually whole shipping wars start when one person from a particular group states that their opinion is better than another person's, or that person think's the other person's ship has next to no chance of happening.

But just simply stating that you support your pairing? You might get a few eyebrow's raised if its particularly offbeat, but you won't have ships zerg rushing you just because you stated an opinion

Examples...

"I really think that Kagura and Mikono look good together." - ok

"KaguraXMikono is so obvious will be the final couple " -definite shipping war flame bait

"AmataXMikono is pretty much doomed to fail" -better run for the hills, as you specifically called out a particular ship

Quote:
Complicating relationships are complicating for everybody.
Iunno, the more the merrier I say.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2012-04-10, 18:37   Link #134
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^

Wise-words Dragoon, unfortunately feelings are complicating and hard to control

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
But back to the show, despite it looking better and better for KaguraXMikono, I dunno, it seems more and more likely to me that Amata wins in the end. Okada seems to like the formula of "develop AxB first half, make it seem BxC is more probable in the second half, but finish it off with AxB in the end," and Aquarion Evol is starting to reek of it.
Hanasaku ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
That said, Kagura putting on a dere side is adoreable, and it looks like Mikono was moved by it. I called it in a previous episode that Kagura speaks 'backwards' (at least to Mikono), and am glad Mikono realizes this. And now she literally saves his life? I for one am going to milk all these squee moments for what it is worth.
You realized at this point they still don't know each other's names ?

Anyway I don't know about 'getting better', well technically it is yes because they've actually managed to talk to each other for once, but that still puts it on a social link ranking of 1, maybe 2 at most. I can still see her at the corner of the screen doing every thing she could to escape him

Indeed she had also saved his life, and I'm pretty certain she's asking Amata to forgive him for kidnapping her (I'm guessing), but even if Amata could let that slide, I don't see how anyone could forgive him for all the other lives he had taken, and was about to take, and will continue to take if it means getting what he wants... Which btw, this episode also proves that Mykage really couldn't give a damn about getting Mikono, otherwise he would have flower-petal'd Kagura out of there before Amata came.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-04-10 at 18:55.
Old 2012-04-10, 19:52   Link #135
Vena
Carpe Diem

Random observation of the minor details in this episode:
So, on a second watch, it would seem that Zessica actually saves Amata's life multiple times, if you watch carefully, when he's falling, he doesn't actually hit the ground and the air distorts directly below him just before he hits.

... Thinking about it, that's probably how he survived slamming into/was able to have his body bend steel.

Another random detail:
Kagura's power doesn't on work on those without attachments.
Mikono's power is about forming attachments.
Old 2012-04-10, 20:04   Link #136
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
So, on a second watch, it would seem that Zessica actually saves Amata's life multiple times, if you watch carefully, when he's falling, he doesn't actually hit the ground and the air distorts directly below him just before he hits.

... Thinking about it, that's probably how he survived slamming into/was able to have his body bend steel.
Do you have caps? I'm lazy to rewatch.

She did save him from being hospitalized by a car hit.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-04-10, 20:45   Link #137
miketyson

Vena: yup, I think you're right, in particular when Amata hits the ground the first time in front of that building I remember there being some distortion effect around him before he actually hit the ground...at the time I thought it was style points, but that must've been Zessica's handiwork. That's a good observation.

It also adds a bit of parallelism there with how often Kagura saves Mikono (she almost falls off that building at least 2 or 3 times...maybe more?). Though what purpose, if any, that parallelism serves is unclear (is the Amata-Mikono love the destructive love and it's Zessica and Kagura, respectively, who're there to hold them in check?...probably not, but you never know).

In re: connections-versus-detachment, I mentioned that in the speculation thread somewhere (the samson-and-delilah possibility). It makes their powers more precisely opposed to each other but not necessarily in that synergistic, Andy-MIX way.
Old 2012-04-10, 20:47   Link #138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post

Another random detail:
Kagura's power doesn't on work on those without attachments.
Mikono's power is about forming attachments.
Well I did notice a sort of air cushion when Amata was about to hit the ground, I assume that was her. But i didnt notice anything while fighting Kagura- just figured it was an Anime thing, otherwise u hav to ask why didnt she do anything to Kagura... Unless... u dont think she wanted him to succeed do u ?

As for ur 2nd point... it doesnt explain how Kagura could remotely control a car
Old 2012-04-10, 20:50   Link #139
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well I did notice a sort of air cushion when Amata was about to hit the ground, I assume that was her. But i didnt notice anything while fighting Kagura- just figured it was an Anime thing, otherwise u hav to ask why didnt she do anything to Kagura... Unless... u dont think she wanted him to succeed do u ?

As for ur 2nd point... it doesnt explain how Kagura could remotely control a car
Her saving his life, I was purely referring to the instance of him falling down. I'll make a quick gif of it in a few minutes, as its pretty clear that he gets cushioned. The rest was a hand-wavy explanation as to how he survived and/or managed to bend metal with his body, no real basis for it.

No clue, all I know is that Amata was able to resist Kagura's power when he threw aside his attachments to the past. I guess a car is attached to the past...

Spoiler for Amata Falling:

Last edited by Vena; 2012-04-10 at 21:04.
Old 2012-04-10, 22:24   Link #140
crayven

After falling Amata said that he was able to "resist" Kagura's power for a moment so I thought it was his power that created the cushion.
Closed Thread