AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-16, 01:10   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 706 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Early spoilers this week! Credit goes to the fellows at AP for the summary translation:

-Chapter title is "I won't laugh at you". No ministory info is available yet, unfortunately.

-We're introduced to the infamous Bartolomeo/Balto Romeo, who has a bounty of 150 million. He has a beastlike face, and is apparently considered the #1 most hated pirate in the New World.....

-Meanwhile, we also find out that Bellamy's new bounty is 195 million. He's also aware that Luffy is incognito, but his goal for the tournament is NOT the mera mera fruit. It turns out that some time during the 2-year skip, Bellamy visited Skypiea himself and brought back a gold pillar as a gift for Doflamingo, as Bellamy's aim is to join his crew. It also turns out that both Bellamy and Bartolomeo are in the B block, and the chapter ends just as that block's battle royale is about to begin.....

Huh, so it kinda sounds like Bellamy developed a more open mind about dreams since he was thrashed by Luffy and Dofla, respectively. Doesn't really change the fact that I still expect him to get OHKO'd again in this tournament, though. Also find it interesting that Bartolomeo's bounty is relatively low compared to all the other big name pirates, yet he seems to have the worst reputation. Wonder what HIS story is.....
Old 2013-04-16, 04:37   Link #2
Undertaker

heh, I wonder if Bellamy made friends with Wiper and Shandians. (he did visit Skypiea not some random Sky island right?) or he just stole the pillar.
Old 2013-04-16, 05:00   Link #3
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I was here trying to make a guess of who may win within each block and then like what the hell, people barely start appearing for fight and Burgess managed to destroy his entire block already.

Does Luffy really stand a chance against a member of main storyline villains in his current state? Yes Haki is good, he will surely stop a bunch of Logias like Caesar and other "middle-tier" villains but hey...these guys are something different. Burgess and Auger went as far to go 1vs1 with Ace before timeskip...

Cant stop thinking that Entire crew may need another time-skip/power up to keep up with Blackbeard Pirates in future...Maybe something related to this "ancient civilization" since it goes well along with main storyline, D will and eventually Blackbeard.
Old 2013-04-16, 09:40   Link #4
Homura7

To those who are complaining about the content, this isn't the entire chapter, you know.

Anyway, so a pillar of gold, uh. Must be the pillar the skypieans wanted to give Luffy and the crew and that they thought it was a cannon instead (LOL).
Old 2013-04-16, 11:44   Link #5
shalala

Not sure why Dolfa would allow Bellamy to rejoin his crew again. Sooo his pillar of gold would be pretty meh. I wonder if the reason Bartolomeo bounty is lower then rest could be he beats every one before then can report anything.
Old 2013-04-16, 11:47   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm surprised Bartolomeo's managed to earn such a reputation (most hated by whom?) despite his bounty being so low. Obviously, it doesn't reflect his true strength. Bellamy's about to get whooped once again.

I assume Cavendish will be in group D and will be used to hype Rebecca. No point in pitting him against Bartolomeo and Luffy. We already know they're strong.
Old 2013-04-16, 13:35   Link #7
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
I was here trying to make a guess of who may win within each block and then like what the hell, people barely start appearing for fight and Burgess managed to destroy his entire block already.

Does Luffy really stand a chance against a member of main storyline villains in his current state? Yes Haki is good, he will surely stop a bunch of Logias like Caesar and other "middle-tier" villains but hey...these guys are something different. Burgess and Auger went as far to go 1vs1 with Ace before timeskip...

Cant stop thinking that Entire crew may need another time-skip/power up to keep up with Blackbeard Pirates in future...Maybe something related to this "ancient civilization" since it goes well along with main storyline, D will and eventually Blackbeard.
Whatever Strawhats' "state" really is,I'm pretty sure we won't have another major training arc/skip.
Old 2013-04-16, 14:35   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Whatever Strawhats' "state" really is,I'm pretty sure we won't have another major training arc/skip.
Hyperbolic Time Chamber - DBZ Style?
Old 2013-04-16, 15:59   Link #9
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Hmmm... gonna call it now.... Luffy's gonna run into Bellamy again.... Bellamy's gonna say he's changed alot and won't lose so easily this time.... and get's KO'd be Luffy's Haki.... not fist involved~
Old 2013-04-16, 16:42   Link #10
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm surprised Bartolomeo's managed to earn such a reputation (most hated by whom?) despite his bounty being so low. Obviously, it doesn't reflect his true strength. Bellamy's about to get whooped once again.

I assume Cavendish will be in group D and will be used to hype Rebecca. No point in pitting him against Bartolomeo and Luffy. We already know they're strong.
Yeah, this is pretty much the point. All the odds are against Cavendish: ignored by Luffy twice and his only backstory is an urge to kill every one of the Worst Generation Supernovas.

IMO the 4 finalists will defeat the members of the Doflamingo family and the finals will be Luffy vs Burgess before the final match against Diamante.
Old 2013-04-16, 18:16   Link #11
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-We're introduced to the infamous Bartolomeo/Balto Romeo, who has a bounty of 150 million. He has a beastlike face, and is apparently considered the #1 most hated pirate in the New World.....
So what kind of beast are we talking? I hope it's feline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
-Meanwhile, we also find out that Bellamy's new bounty is 195 million. He's also aware that Luffy is incognito, but his goal for the tournament is NOT the mera mera fruit. It turns out that some time during the 2-year skip, Bellamy visited Skypiea himself and brought back a gold pillar as a gift for Doflamingo, as Bellamy's aim is to join his crew. It also turns out that both Bellamy and Bartolomeo are in the B block, and the chapter ends just as that block's battle royale is about to begin.....
Good luck with that Bellamy.
Old 2013-04-16, 23:25   Link #12
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post

While it's true that I myself have argued that Luffy most likely wouldn't be able to take down the emperors solo in his current state, I still question why it's necessary for him (or the rest of the crew, for that matter) to get a power-up so soon when we still haven't really seen the full scope of their current powers yet? I asked this same question when the mera mera theories first started popping up, but I've yet to get a suitable answer (and honestly, I'm doubting that I EVER will )......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
So what kind of beast are we talking? I hope it's feline.

Funny you bring this up, because a spoiler pic showing Bartolomeo's handsome mug just appeared a short while ago! Credit goes to kaze1028 from AP for the pic:

^All I can say about that face is: LOL.
Old 2013-04-17, 02:09   Link #13
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Bart is Sabo

Calling it now.

/Sarcasm
Old 2013-04-17, 02:49   Link #14
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

posted T summary, but AP crashed and burned right after. -_-;

Well hell. AP is not coming back up.

Block B:
Captain of Barto Club pirates, Bartolomeo "The cannibal" 150m
Bellamy the Hyena
Gladiator Ricky
Protense Royal Advisor Dagama
Fishman warrior Hack (or Huck, can't really see on the pic)
Jeet the criminal
Abdulla the criminal
The Fighting King of Prodense Elizabero the 2nd
Martial Artist Blue Gilly
Tank Lepanto, the Army

Last edited by aohige; 2013-04-17 at 03:40.
Old 2013-04-17, 03:43   Link #15
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Block C:
Lucy
martial artist Sai
martial artist Boo
former pirate Don Chinjao
Giant Warrior Hairuden
Assassin Bobby Funk
Assassin Kelly Funk
Boxer Ideo
Bounty Hunter Jean Ango
The Fighting Bull

Block D
Mummy the Shaman
Adventurer Orllumbus
Cavendish
Gladiator Meadows
The Fighting Lion
Gladiator Rebecca
Damask the Pyromaniac
Rolling Logan
Gladiator Acilia
Suleiman the War Criminal
Old 2013-04-17, 03:45   Link #16
danielevo

i want to say my opinion, in the prefious chapter franky said that luffy will definitely win that tournament, so i think Oda indirectly said that luffy will be the winner.. And i believe its true, because i know that luffy have many power that haven't show yet,not just haki..So i think luffy will kick everyone person in this tournament.. And also there are a lot of pirates that more stronger than people in that tournament, like kaido, big mom,etc.. and i believe luffy also think about win agains yonko in his training.. if luffy can't win that tournament, the training in last two year will be useless..
But that just my opinion

im sorry my english is bad
Old 2013-04-17, 04:20   Link #17
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

To no one in particular:

To clarify since there were some impostors...
We don't have the TOC for 21 yet, but from other spoiler providers in 2ch, OP is likely the cover of 22/23 double issue.
So no, OP isn't going on a break. You will have another chapter next week. (possibly early)

However, obviously, due to having a double issue after this one, there will be a week break for ALL Jump manga after the next week.
Old 2013-04-17, 06:47   Link #18
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Really looking forward to Lucy's group considering the Hananokuni guys are there as well.

And I have a feeling Bellamy's gonna win this one.
Old 2013-04-17, 06:50   Link #19
bigdeal000
malefic

Is that really the whole chapter? The ending feels like a cliffhanger from "The Breaker: New Waves".
Edit: Also, Bellamy saying he lost his friends...did they abandon him or did they use that other route to get to skypea, the one where some must die no matter what?? Now I'm curious about their fate...
Old 2013-04-17, 07:14   Link #20
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Cavendish and Rebecca are in same block....

I don't really want to see how Bellamy fought in his block.. just show the outcome please...
but I'm very surprised to see Bellamy again.. I mean.. I already forgotten about him
Closed Thread