AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-19, 11:17   Link #2921
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Not at all. o_O)
Oh I see. For some reason I remembered "last son of Altair" as being the son of the woman suspended in that massive jar back in Altair which I thought was Amata's mother too. But I was confused because if they were half brothers then Jin would be significantly younger.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:25   Link #2922
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm taking that last one if nobody else minds. Lovely, LOVELY work.
T-Too fast...

But it's okay, you get around to more places than me which makes better advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh I see. For some reason I remembered "last son of Altair" as being the son of the woman suspended in that massive jar back in Altair which I thought was Amata's mother too. But I was confused because if they were half brothers then Jin would be significantly younger.
Nay, they weren't able to do anything to Alicia when they brought her to Altair, and Amata (now obvious) was born on Vega... That's the reason why Mykage refers to her as 'Used Goods' Which in turn further implis that Izumo isn't the father I think...

Speaking of which, what's his angle here screwing with Jin and Yunoha ?! Is he trying to stop Jin from accomplishing his goals and in turn screw Izumo and Altair? Or does Mykage just like to screw with people in love?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:36   Link #2923
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

I see too many people dying at the end. Which makes me
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:38   Link #2924
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Or does Mykage just like to screw with people in love?
I more leaning towards this actually. It seems he enjoys messing around with other people's emotions.

The scene with Zessica twisting that pole was rather ominous. I'm worried what she may do in the future.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 11:45   Link #2925
kuromitsu

I think Amata's dad won't be important in the long run. Alisia is clearly more important than she seems, and no-one ever mentioned his father so far, not even Amata himself.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 12:04   Link #2926
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Adorable episode <3

Sure Jin & Yunoha moments are cute and Amata & Mikono's are very great too, but this episode will be perfect if there's more Andy & Mix together
Kagura's coming to crush the party is obvious but still, I can't help being mad to him ruining Amata & Mikono moment like that XD

Pouting Mikono in the classroom was just adorable. And Mix bathing scene?

Random edit...
Spoiler for Sazanka:
Old 2012-03-19, 12:21   Link #2927
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I think Amata's dad won't be important in the long run. Alisia is clearly more important than she seems, and no-one ever mentioned his father so far, not even Amata himself.
Might come into play if his father is from Altair and the whole dynamic between the planets and allegiances starts to get played up a bit more. Think of it this way: "Your father was meant to retrieve Eve and your mother came hoping to spare us of our fate, now you are our last hope to save our planet and bring us Eve!" His mother is on Altair already which I cannot imagine will not culminate into something important for Amata. The issue being: How does he get to Altair? Do you need to be either very powerful (Eve) or an Altairian male? There's plenty of room within which his conspicuously absent father can play a role.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:03   Link #2928
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
"The book will only open for those who cannot see"

Is Fudo blind? He reminds me of a "blind fortune teller" and there are instances where, it seems as if Crea is his "eyes" ...

@LMK

I don't know why you don't know you've always had your flag planted on the AmataxMikono side... If anything it was flying at half-mast but it's always been firmly planted there. You're very passionate about them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Spoiler for size:

Greatest love story ever told!
As a Mikono fan from the beginning (then again I wouldn't mind if Zessica wins either), this is a happy day to celebrate.
Quite honestly, this is the last series that I expected such good romance from this season mainly because I keep forgetting there's romance element in this in between all the awesome comedy and action (I keep thinking the males as official couples rather than any of the heterosexual couples ...).
The only question I'm interested now is who Amata's father is . I wonder how weird Amata would feel if he knows a whole planet of people is lusting afterworshipping his mom .
While I wouldn't call it the greatest love story ever told, I did find that part really cute and enjoyable....almost squeeful. If their relationship had been like that then ENTIRE TIME, I might have, no-- I would have shipped them But it wasn't. Right now it seems like "filler" I thought it was really sweet so I watched that scene more than once. I just find it peculiar that Kagura's entrance was during the part when the movie was showing, the Actor who played Apollon.

If they had not stalled the romantic development between AmataxMikono until now, I would have believed they were "the ship" but as it stands right now, I do not. If anything and I'm not denying that it could be my shipping goggles clouding my vision --but it seems like the writers delayed their romantic development, until Kagura's desire for Mikono was such that he broke out and came for "His Wench". I really believe that Zessica is a non-factor in the triangle.I believe it is because she will be a non factor in the triangle, that it will make it easier for Mikage to use her.

I think the true LT will be KaguraXMikonoXAmata not ZessicaXAmataXMikono.

Because episode 12 was the first episode that both Mikono and Amata weren't consumed by angst and thinking of nothing but Kagura instead of each other since, episode 5. In this Amata reminds me of Sirius and if Kagura was not "in heat over a woman" I would think this is Shounen- Ai. Because he wants to know "about that man" and what exactly did Mikono that she could possibly need "forgiveness" from "That Man" for ? I don't have time to post screenies but that scene in episode 11 when they're at the table--if you delete Mikono you get Boy's Love.

Sirius angst over Apollo was the same as Amata is doing over Kagura. Staring at his picture and thinking of him. Do hetero guys normally stare at their rivals for the heart of a woman? Do they think more about the male rival for his sweetheart's affections more than their sweetheart?
Edit: Sirius also had a desire to keep Apollo AWAY from Silvia, despite being the other half of Celiane.
Prometheus stole the fire from Zeus and as punishment he was bound to a wall and an eagle ate his innards. While he was immortal, he still died only to be restored at night.Hesiod added to the myth and says Zeus's reaction to the theft of fire. Not only does Zeus withhold fire from men, but "the means of life," as well. Something that happens in the OVA

Apollonius is bound to the Aquarion and he's immortal but he still dies and then is reborn as Apollo (Kagura) every 12,00 years
Mikono has only showed jealousy when Amata is in front of her with Zessica but her thoughts have been consumed with Kagura. Again Silvia was in love with her brother, for most of the series
There there is the fact that Kagura has the form of a wolf and like Apollo did in the OS and OVA. He emerged from water with the sunlight behind him. Mikono saw him in water. Which marks him as "Apollo" because wolves, water and sunlight is associated with The Sun God, Apollo. Then he showed his wings (which aren't really wings because he tore them off) Which imo, everything STILL points to Kagura being Apollon and Amata a descendant of Apollon because he's a descendant of Alicia

I don't believe his mother is Alicia--or else she'd be 12,000 years old
I also find it peculiar that Zessica saw Mikono as "Alicia" instead of Sylvie

Right now I still believe that Zessica is Scorpius and Fudo actually named her element in episode 6 when Shrade was the head of the union. She could be Silvia but not Sylvie--because you guys were right and I was wrong. They can reincarnate and not be Apollon and Sylvie

Shrade being Sirius is proof this, well at least it is to me.

Mykage's (who IS Touma) said he wants to awaken the TRUE Aquarion. I have a niggling suspicion that Kagura will awaken it..

As of right now, I don't see anything that leads me to believe Amata is anything other than Romantic False Lead and I am still calling MikonoXKagura for the win. Silvia was in love with her brother throughout most of the OS, so Mikono's lukewarm feelings for Amata, don't really mean much to me.

What would really be an epic troll (at least it will be from my pov) is for Zessica and Mikono to be Sylvie and Amata isn't any parts of Apollon, and merely carries his bloodline because he's a descendant of Apollon and Sylvie's union

@Mangaka-chan. I am going to get Junoha vectors. Would like me to link them on your profile If you make graphics...OH PLEASE SHARE!
@mangatron---you want that MIX bathroom scene vectored?

I will have this along with Nude Zessica and Sexy Mikono sample images really really soon
Spoiler for nsw:

(A few I shared before, just sharing again, in case anyone missed them. )

Renders

Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 13:05   Link #2929
pingva

It seems both flowers presented in this episode are anemone.

I know what PINEAPPLE means in Kawamori's show.

Next episode looks more interesting:
Shrade fights Kagura again;
EVOL(Mikono, Zessica, Amata) is beaten by Kagura's GNIS;
Yunoha is handcuffed and crying.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 13:15   Link #2930
miketyson

Vena: maybe that's how we'll get the EVOL => LOVE ending. Alisia went to Altair to try and save both planets (Altair from dying out, Vega from invasion). Mikono winds up making a similar decision for similar reasons and Amata's like "oh no, not a second time". It'd be a nice way to tie the backstory together with Cayenne's visions, if nothing else.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 13:17   Link #2931
Tenchi Hou Take

Wasn't the point of this episode that destiny's etc can be overcome and you don't need to be bound by them hence the whole reincarnation business isn't proof of who anyone will end up with?

Doesn't that fly in the face of most of Kagura's hints anyway?
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 13:25   Link #2932
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Wasn't the point of this episode that destiny's etc can be overcome and you don't need to be bound by them hence the whole reincarnation business isn't proof of who anyone will end up with?

Doesn't that fly in the face of most of Kagura's hints anyway?
I don't need any cheesy line to know that Mikono is Amata's girl. And this cheesy line is suggesting that this time the guy survives and girl doesn't need to wait for another 12000 years to see her lover again.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:26   Link #2933
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol how Zessica bent the pole when she was pissed. So confirmed Alicia is Amata's mother. Amata had mikono had some nice moments together. So what will Yunoha do after she learned Jin is from the other side. Kagura's about to go crazy.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:41   Link #2934
miketyson

And as a further "ah-hah!", I am thinking Amata's dad will wind up mattering somehow (or, really, just his memories of his dad). We now know Amata's mom had early contact with Altair, and that there was a time gap between when he was born and when she left for Altair.

We also know that Amata has a memory block about anything earlier than that (from when Neo-Deava tried probing his memories), and we know that Amata feels like he knows Kagura from somewhere (and that Kagura gives him a bad feeling, too).

Economy of narrative events means that if it isn't reincarnation-related memories it'll probably be the case that Amata's instinct about Kagura is due to something in those blocked memories (maybe not a direct encounter, but some kind of encounter with someone from Altair).
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 13:41   Link #2935
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do hope that nothing too bad happens to Yunoha. Despite Kagura blasting onto the scene going after Mikono again, its her situation that seems the most dangerous. If Jin does something crazy like trying to take her through the gate it could be disastrous. There isn't any reason to believe she'd handle the transition that well. Plus not exactly sure I'd take any girl I liked to a world with only men to be the new "Eve"....

Kind of worried where things are going to go for Zessica. At best its felt like she'd just be the left out one with all the pairing off and at worst something bad is going to happen in combat with her mental state messed up. With that mirror situation (probably caused by Mikage) it almost feels destined that something bad will happen with that fight against Kagura. Not that I don't like Mikono, but I just feel bad how things are looking for Zessica overall.

Seems fitting that things are looking promising for Andy "I'll never get to unite in this series" and Mix.
Old 2012-03-19, 13:41   Link #2936
Arya

Watched twice, raw and subbed. I'm still grinning here ehehe
Spoiler for episode 12:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 13:57   Link #2937
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
And as a further "ah-hah!", I am thinking Amata's dad will wind up mattering somehow (or, really, just his memories of his dad). We now know Amata's mom had early contact with Altair, and that there was a time gap between when he was born and when she left for Altair.
Sorry I haven't beenr reading or watching as carefully as I should, but we're ruling out Izumo as the dad because...?
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 14:00   Link #2938
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol how Zessica bent the pole when she was pissed. So confirmed Alicia is Amata's mother. Amata had mikono had some nice moments together. So what will Yunoha do after she learned Jin is from the other side. Kagura's about to go crazy.
Well its definitely TK. Silvia had TK as her Element power but her application of it is different.

Silvia lifts things and augments her strength with TK.

Zessica as noted in her profile is Impact. She crushes things with her TK.

I see Alisia here as taking the place of Baron in the original series.

Difference here is Apollo knew Baron was taken away. Amata here was confused child that thought his mother just abandoned him.

Wait till Amata finds out from Jin that his mother is on Altair.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 14:02   Link #2939
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

OMG I love this episode out of all at the moment!!!! I really love how they decide to watch the source of Amata's and Mikono's meeting. The pressure between Yunoha and Jin is really intense too! I really don't like it how Kagura is there to mess things up, but it will turn into an intense fight!!! Also OMG.... Shrade will be piloting next episode!? What will happen to him??
Old 2012-03-19, 14:03   Link #2940
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Sorry I haven't beenr reading or watching as carefully as I should, but we're ruling out Izumo as the dad because...?
Because the way Mykage talked with Izumo in the 11th episode - it implied that Izumo wasn't a father (Add the hair which looked like Amata's of one of the Altair men). Izumo is just a man who likes beautiful women.

Tags
comedy, science fiction