AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-19, 14:05   Link #2941
Krytonis
Koomi-kun~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
Images
ep12 avatars
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I will be taking the third one! Thank you
Old 2012-03-19, 14:33   Link #2942
ookamigirl

New transfer student Jin was kinda LOL when bullied by girls.
Shame the private pajama party was busted before it even started.
Well, at least preparations for the anniversary event were fun to watch.
Red head guy sure knows how to crash a party *sigh*

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 14:37   Link #2943
Thess

Hmmm... I don't really understand what makes Zessica's actions 'scary'. She didn't twist the place where Mikono and Amata were on, she didn't show anger, possessiveness, tried to hurt others and crashed people's fun. What she did was a desperate, unspoken 'notice me i like you too' signal in a pretty evading way. She twisted that pole to make a heart-shaped sign. It wasn't in anger, it was in deep depression.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 14:38   Link #2944
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypocaramel View Post
Sorry I haven't beenr reading or watching as carefully as I should, but we're ruling out Izumo as the dad because...?
Well, I'm not taking a dance on that. I can see Izumo, I can see Mykage, I can see it being no one significant. I was commenting more on whether or not that identity of Amata's father would be of major plot importance or not.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 14:40   Link #2945
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Hmmm... I don't really understand what makes Zessica's actions 'scary'. She didn't twist the place where Mikono and Amata were on, she didn't show anger, what she did was a desperate, unspoken 'notice me i like you too' signal. The pole she twisted was heart-shaped. It wasn't in anger, it was in deep depression.
Maybe, but it's still a 5 meters tall solid steel structure (What else are you going to build it out of? Aluminium?) and those things tend to be made pretty tough.

Imagine what she could do to a human body... Or two.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 14:51   Link #2946
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Maybe, but it's still a 5 meters tall solid steel structure (What else are you going to build it out of? Aluminium?) and those things tend to be made pretty tough.

Imagine what she could do to a human body... Or two.
Because she's the strongest female element? That we knew for a long while, right?

Unlike MIX, she hadn't displayed it in a violent way. She quietly goes and broods at distance, trying to be as unobtrusive as possible. What she did to the pole wasn't out of anger, but sadness. It wasn't so 'out of control' motion. She shaped it into a freakin' heart.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-19, 14:57   Link #2947
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Because she's the strongest female element? That we knew for a long while, right?

Unlike MIX, she hadn't displayed it in a violent way. She quietly goes and broods at distance. What she did to the pole wasn't out of anger, but sadness. It wasn't so 'out of control' motion. She shaped it into a freakin' heart.
Knowing is not the same as seeing. How strong is strongest? What does it mean exactly?

But the point is, it's not about her intentions but rather what she's capable off that's scary, plus as you pointed out she hadn't been displayed it in a violent way so that adds to the 'shock value' that you know she's at a really bad place now.

...And did I mention she just twisted solid steel at room temperature with her mind?
Old 2012-03-19, 15:01   Link #2948
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think the point is that regardless of the intention, it was due to out of control emotions, and that's still enough to scare some people (though I didn't really find it scary, either). The other factor is that this is the kind of thing we've all seen before. This is the kind of hint a storyteller will give us to let us know that the character has just begun slowly going down a very wrong path. It might not happen (at least I hope it doesn't) but it did look like that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 15:03   Link #2949
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think the point is that regardless of the intention, it was due to out of control emotions, and that's still enough to scare some people. The other factor is that this is the kind of thing we've all seen before. This is the kind of hint a storyteller will give us to let us know that the character has just begun slowly going down a very wrong path. It might not happen (at least I hope it doesn't) but it did look like that.
I see that the curse of the Genki Girls is still in effect...
Old 2012-03-19, 15:05   Link #2950
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:

Unlike MIX, she hadn't displayed it in a violent way. She quietly goes and broods at distance, trying to be as unobtrusive as possible. What she did to the pole wasn't out of anger, but sadness. It wasn't so 'out of control' motion. She shaped it into a freakin' heart.
True, but also a twisted heart that has something broken into pieces in the end, so...I just hope that no one will die next episode, around the mid-point is usually when things got real and deaths are more common, like someone already mentioned things are looking a bit dangerous for Yunoha and Jin.

Spoiler for I REALLY hope this won't be the case:

Because really, there's quite a few similarities between Yunoha x Jin and Romeo x Juliet, and we all know how the latter end up (although honestly if I'm a betting man I'll go for Shrade, seeing him piloting next ep seems like a bad sign)...

Well, let's go for something more lighthearted then. For instance, when can we have the romantic comedy spinoff of Malloy and his background girls harem?

Spoiler for It's all thanks to that fabulous hat:
Old 2012-03-19, 15:05   Link #2951
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

My bets are still on Aquarion going berserk due to two people in love + 1 jealous person messing with its power. Then we might find out the same situation is what caused the first berserk incident.
Old 2012-03-19, 15:07   Link #2952
Zuul

I have no idea is it's legit or not but I still post it :

Spoiler for Characters' age:

Jin is younger than Yunoha.

Kagura is jailbait.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 15:10   Link #2953
Thess

Quote:
Knowing is not the same as seeing. How strong is strongest? What does it mean exactly?
Guess so. It also shows she might be Sylvia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
My bets are still on Aquarion going berserk due to two people in love + 1 jealous person messing with its power. Then we might find out the same situation is what caused the first berserk incident.
In Aquarion, the destructive force is love, the third element is introduced to stop the lovers who are so into themselves from consuming everything. EVOL is not different so far.

To change that now is like changing Macross' Power of the music. "It wasn't the music, you guys, it was the mecha after all!"

Anyway, is Jin's flower an anemone or a poppy?
Mikono = white lily
Kagura = red rose
Zessica = gerbera daisies?

Old 2012-03-19, 15:17   Link #2954
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Love can be defined as more then just a single emotion though.

Jealousy when love is involved can be its own extreme form of love.
I also don't believe true jealousy was actually addressed with Aquarion pilots in the original series.
Old 2012-03-19, 15:18   Link #2955
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Love can be defined as more then just a single emotion though.

Jealousy when love is involved can be its own extreme form of love.
It's been specifically used as the love shared between two pilots.

Jealousy isn't love, it's jealously.

Old 2012-03-19, 15:24   Link #2956
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
It's been specifically used as the love shared between two pilots.

Jealousy isn't love, it's jealously.
Time will tell.

We have seen that strong emotions besides love have affected Aquarion in the past, so who is to say Jealousy, something that can be directly linked to love, won't have some affect on it?
Old 2012-03-19, 15:24   Link #2957
pingva

Quote:
Guess so. It also shows she might be Sylvia.

In Aquarion, the destructive force is love, the third element is introduced to stop the lovers who are so into themselves from consuming everything. EVOL is not different so far.

To change that now is like changing Macross' Power of the music. "It wasn't the music, you guys, it was the mecha after all!"

Mikono = white lily
Kagura = red rose

For Jin, I choose Anemone, because if it would be a poppy - the flower's center would be black, even when people draw poppy as a symbol they draw it's center in black. Zessica seems is a daisy(which one I don't know, but it belongs to the family of daisies)
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 15:28   Link #2958
mayumi

Quote:

Mikono = white lily
Kagura = red rose
I think zessica can bloom a garden itself. I dont think she is just a daisy with one color either. She seems to have various colors of it. Though her daises reminds me of those 5 to 6 flowers that form a pattern on tree of life.

Regardless of its ace of diamond or a daisy her character supposedly represents some one loyal but also keeps stuff to herself. Googling daisy

DAISY: Innocence, loyal love, I'll never tell, purity, love that conquers all, beauty, simplicity. Associated with the fifth wedding anniversary.

Last edited by mayumi; 2012-03-19 at 15:52.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 15:35   Link #2959
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

But the point is, it's not about her intentions but rather what she's capable off that's scary, plus as you pointed out she hadn't been displayed it in a violent way so that adds to the 'shock value' that you know she's at a really bad place now.

...And did I mention she just twisted solid steel at room temperature with her mind?
Well I'm not especially worried regarding what Zessica's capable of since really any of those powers can be dangerous if used wrong. Amata could carry someone off a building and drop them to their death, Yunoha's power is great assassin material , Mix could bury someone alive, and of course Shrade's power against people has already been clearly demonstrated. Zessica's ability definitely has more direct danger, but really I'd be worried about any of these characters getting really upset. Well expect Mikono since even I can't think of how that ability could be dangerous . Of course that's why its important for all of them to keep their cool.

That poor pole was used to show just how upset her mental state is right now. Definitely not a good time for her to be going out in a fight. Full out love clearly had bad results in the past, but I don't think being depressed or jealous is a good thing either.
Old 2012-03-19, 15:50   Link #2960
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
I think zessica can bloom a garden itself. I dont think she is just a daisy with one color either. She seems to have various colors of it. Though her daises reminds me of those 5 to 6 flowers that form a pattern on tree of life.
Maybe, I was thinking on the flowers of the OP (the ones behind her). They look like gerbera daisies.

In hanakotoba:

red rose = in love/romantic love
white lily = sweet/sweetness
daisy = faith/faithfulness
No clue about red anemone, sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
That poor pole was used to show just how upset her mental state is right now. Definitely not a good time for her to be going out in a fight. Full out love clearly had bad results in the past, but I don't think being depressed or jealous is a good thing either.
It's not a good time for Amata or Mikono either, if they have indeed fallen in love right now (they weren't in love before). They could go with Andy and the result would be a Berserker Aquarion.

Tags
comedy, science fiction