AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-10-09, 23:42   Link #421
bluemist
i am the mist

I'm not too confident with my writing either, and couple it with my lack of Japanese it's really a road to disaster.

I'm reviving my summary project not only for the sake of completion on my blog but also my fandom. I lost interest in DCII last year coupled with time constraints preventing me to play games. Because of the anime my interest was somewhat revived, and seeing that I'm already halfway through it feels rather bad to leave out the other girls (considering they are the main ones).

Everyone, feel free to go to my blog for my Minatsu summary, if anyone hasn't read about her yet. Actually I'm doing Otome first before Yume because I'm saving my best for last (Yume fan here), so I and relentlessflame would cover a fair amount of ground in (hopefully) a short time.
Old 2007-10-10, 00:05   Link #422
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist View Post
Actually I'm doing Otome first before Yume because I'm saving my best for last (Yume fan here), so I and relentlessflame would cover a fair amount of ground in (hopefully) a short time.
Cool deal. Would you like me to work on the D.C. plot then, so that we can hopefully get everything covered before the anime gets there? I'm also planning to go through Otome's path again at some point, but rather than focusing on a summary (since you've got that covered), I think I might write up some impressions and comments about various parts of her path. Not that anyone really cares, but it's something for my fandom. Writing forces me to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist View Post
I'm reviving my summary project not only for the sake of completion on my blog but also my fandom. I lost interest in DCII last year coupled with time constraints preventing me to play games. Because of the anime my interest was somewhat revived, and seeing that I'm already halfway through it feels rather bad to leave out the other girls (considering they are the main ones).
My original post was kind of rushed since I was at work ( - don't try this when you grow up, kids), but I wanted to say... The real reason I started working on the Yume and Otome summaries in the first place was actually because I already wrote the summary to their path in Christmas Days, but it made no sense to post it until people understood their paths in the original game. Since you had commented in the thread that you were out of time, I figured that if I didn't do it, no one would. And the Christmas Days story is too funny/silly to go unposted. How Yume's summary balooned into a 24-page monstrosity is another story though...

Anyway, I'll post Part 4 of the Yume summary in a few hours, hopefully. Things are heating up!
Edit: Actually, need some sleep... I'll see what I can do in the morning.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2007-10-10 at 00:55.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 02:04   Link #423
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

So is Bluemist going to work on Otome's path while you relentless finish doing up Yume's path, then after that you can put up the summaries for the christmas days story?
Old 2007-10-10, 12:41   Link #424
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
So is Bluemist going to work on Otome's path while you relentless finish doing up Yume's path, then after that you can put up the summaries for the christmas days story?
Something like that, I guess. Once the Otome summary's available, I'll add my thoughts/comments about Otome's personality, and then post the Christmas Days story.

Anyway, for now, back to Yume's story. The long-awaited (?) Part 4!

Previous Entries: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Originally I was going to put parts 3 and 4 together (which is why you'll notice they're both a bit shorter than parts 1 and 2), but I think it works a little bit better this way from a suspense perspective.

Spoiler for Yume's Plot Summary - Part 4 of 5:
Now for the conclusion...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-06-29 at 23:30.
Old 2007-10-10, 19:59   Link #425
holyman282

Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by holyman282; 2007-10-10 at 20:28.
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 20:15   Link #426
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
holy@#$! (not just my name lol) **spoilers removed!** Very very daring, dammit relentless keep us in suspense will you!
Spoilers, spoilers!

That being said, yes -- it is sort of evil to cut the story there. Don't worry, though... I won't make you wait too long.
Old 2007-10-15, 00:27   Link #427
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Last time on Da Capo II: Yume's Story...
Spoiler:
And now, the conclusion.

(Sorry, couldn't resist Be sure to read the first four parts first: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4)

WARNING: This sort of goes without saying, but the conclusion of this story contains major spoilers for the whole of Da Capo II.

Spoiler for Yume's Plot Summary - Part 5 of 5: "At the end of a dream...":

Spoiler for Answer to your probable first question (after reading the summary)...:
Spoiler for rf's closing thoughts:
Old 2007-10-15, 04:05   Link #428
holyman282

Spoiler for Relentless' Summary:
Old 2007-10-15, 12:31   Link #429
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Spoiler for Relentless' Summary:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-17, 06:56   Link #430
Catnips

Seems like Bluemist(hi my fellow D.C fan!!) revived his interest on this game...Oh well im still waiting for the Playstation 2 game version(D.C II Plus Situation which will be released next year):

http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/common/dc2ps/

Last edited by Catnips; 2007-10-17 at 06:57. Reason: oh...
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 07:16   Link #431
holyman282

By the way relentless i'm wondering which one of you is actually going to summarise the Otome path.. You or Bluemist?
Old 2007-10-17, 11:28   Link #432
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
By the way relentless i'm wondering which one of you is actually going to summarise the Otome path.. You or Bluemist?
Well, at the moment, I think bluemist said he'd work on it, so I'm going to try to work on the D.C. path -- maximum coverage in the least amount of time. After that, I have the D.C. II Christmas Days story on deck, and then I've received a request to work on some Spring Celebration stories. So, at this point, it looks like bluemist is it for that one.
Old 2007-11-06, 08:54   Link #433
rcoltsaaeln

Otome/Yume ED

Well... after all the epic translation by relentlessflame and bluemist I've felt
inspired to try my hand at some translation myself. But what's there left to
translate? Only the lyrics for the music, of course! Specifically, the Asakura
sisters' ED, If ~I Wish~.

Youtube/Yume - slideshow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GtwYMxPlX4

Youtube/Otome - just a pic of Otome standing under the tree
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1OVUr-LFqI

Disclaimer: I'm not very good at this, so take it with a grain of salt.
Asterisks represent parts where I've guessed, deduced or outright
fabricated lyrics. Feel free to point out any egregious errors.

If ~I Wish~

Spoiler for minor spoilers for both paths:

After doing this I can't get the image of Otome with a pair of angel wings out of
my head... heh
rcoltsaaeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 11:05   Link #434
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoltsaaeln View Post
Well... after all the epic translation by relentlessflame and bluemist I've felt

Youtube/Yume - slideshow

If ~I Wish~

After doing this I can't get the image of Otome with a pair of angel wings out of
my head... heh
Oh wow. If that was an accurate translation, I just got to like the song even more (already love the song just for the way it sounds, and considering the DCII girls involved with the song's theme).
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 12:09   Link #435
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Great work, rcoltsaaeln. The lyrics to that song are just so absolutely perfect for those two endings... wow... Don't know what else to say. Thinking about it is choking me up - heh...

Here's to hoping the anime can deliver on something as powerful in the end.
Old 2007-11-06, 13:00   Link #436
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoltsaaeln View Post

Youtube/Yume - slideshow

If ~I Wish~

my head... heh
Hrm...all in all not a bad shot, I'll put in a few corrections, perhaps?

Spoiler for corrected lyrics ver.KBTKaiser?:

Eh, it's shoddy, but I think I covered all the kanji issues and then some. ^^;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 19:39   Link #437
rcoltsaaeln

Thanks KBTKaiser, the part about the tree and the second chorus were indeed frustated random stabs in the dark. If you happen to have time, maybe you could take a look at the other songs? I got the lyrics from http://www.eien-acg.com/read.php?tid=7509. The Christmas song is especially difficult. 'Jikan no paraado'? Time's parade? Huh?

In the meantime I've been working on the insert song, Time Will Shine, that plays at important scenes like

Spoiler:

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax0AX4zTi3k

Disclaimer: Darts thrown randomly at a kanji dictionary might get you better results

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
rcoltsaaeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 22:01   Link #438
KBTKaiser

I'm guessing Ballad instead. The ba and pa can get confusing if the kana are small, no?

Anyways, I'll take a stab at it later. >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-07, 11:32   Link #439
rcoltsaaeln

Mabushikute Mienai

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Great work, rcoltsaaeln. The lyrics to that song are just so absolutely perfect for those two endings... wow... Don't know what else to say. Thinking about it is choking me up - heh...

Here's to hoping the anime can deliver on something as powerful in the end.
Yeah, I had a big lump in my throat when I was translating it too... especially near the end. If I had known the meaning of the lyrics when I finished Otome's route I'm quite sure I would started blubbering onto my keyboard =(

Next up is Mabushikute Mienai, which is Nanaka's ED. Unfortunately, for some reason the songs are starting to make less and less sense as I go along. Please forgive me =(

Also, I found the romanji on Bluemist's blog. If you ever come back here, thanks, man, you saved me from having to listen, pause and rewind that thing for about fifty times.

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSC3e-kWImE

Disclaimer: I don't like Nanaka anyway. But it is a nice song. Asterisks, as usual, represent places where I'm not sure I'm at least within a mile of what the lyrics actually say. Salt, large spoon, etc.

Spoiler for Mabushikute Mienai:

Was the original Da Capo's Kotori written as 小鳥? It's a weird metaphor no matter how I slice it, but then maybe it's just the language. It might explain it if it were an inside joke or something like that.
Old 2007-11-07, 11:46   Link #440
rcoltsaaeln

Beautiful Flower

I think Beautiful Flower is the one that plays when you hit the New Game button.

Youtube - Intro video, but it's only 1:54. Can't find a full version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MChD5XsXNW0

Spoiler for Beautiful Flower:

That was... more flowery than I expected, really. Should have guessed from the name.

Also, I can only think of one D.C. II girl as keeping a cactus, of all things.

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, ero-game, eroge, game, games, romance, school life, seinen, visual novel