Old 2007-07-26, 22:55   Link #22
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi29al View Post
Right before the opening
Good god .. thats a relief!

Time to download.. I didnt download last episodes as early because I read the thread about the lameness, only to find out I really enjoying it.. I'm not gonna repeating the same mistake here...

My bleach is on temporary hiatus anyway ^0^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 23:09   Link #23
magisbladius

This episode was a nice refresher (we get to see a couple of wicked moves by Master "Mr. Sexy Yaoi" Sasori). Next week seems to be an hour of Shippuden.
magisbladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 23:59   Link #24
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
The fight was really good, the animation was done beautifully as well.

The thing I hated about this episode was the filler with Temari's group and the grandpa -_- I skipped that part lol.
jc1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 01:00   Link #25
philmein

Ugh...
too much dialogue...so little action...ugh....

this show is becoming so tedious...
philmein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 01:21   Link #26
Texasjew
i cook for a living :)

whatever i think this ep. is gonna be good
--TEXASjew
Texasjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 01:58   Link #27
KyuubiRocks
What?!

I just finished watching it..I think it was pretty good..
Sakura looked kind of sexy on the ground...
KyuubiRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 02:25   Link #28
Texasjew
i cook for a living :)

i agree but i expected more im depressed next ep on 8-8
--TEXASjew
Texasjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 02:49   Link #29
Rahan

Bleach will skip a week, but as far I know, Shippuuden won't.
Next week should be a double episode. And there will be an episode the week after as well.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 03:11   Link #30
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Wow. It was actually enjoyable except for the stupid filler. Sasori saves the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc1104 View Post
The thing I hated about this episode was the filler with Temari's group and the grandpa -_- I skipped that part lol.
It was just awful since the part about the Kazekage could have been covered in a couple of sentences. Total padding. I don't want to see Temari or her stupid team again unless they have some hentai filler planned with her having sex with Shikamaru.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 03:12   Link #31
Jacoby
Owl-Streching Time

Send a message via ICQ to Jacoby Send a message via AIM to Jacoby Send a message via MSN to Jacoby Send a message via Yahoo to Jacoby
The episode up to the opening I thought was just the way naruto is supposed to be.
Sadly, thats a pretty small percentage.

In general in this episode the Chiyo/Sakura bits were well done I thought, the 'remember that naruto is in the area' stuff was about par with anything in naruto, and the stuff with the sand guys was about as bad as any filler arc (that is to say better the one episode stuff, but thats about it)

edit: crap... I forgot about how bad the self/self battle is... though it might be slightly better than the Sand stuff... sigh...
Jacoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 03:42   Link #32
Meloria

Had no problems with the episode really. One thing I don't understand about Gai's team fighting themselves is, wouldn't they know their own weakness and use it against them? - Feels like they're just trying to get a lucky win...
Meloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 04:07   Link #33
Siege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakis View Post
Had no problems with the episode really. One thing I don't understand about Gai's team fighting themselves is, wouldn't they know their own weakness and use it against them? - Feels like they're just trying to get a lucky win...
bloody good point even though i read the manga for this Arc as we'll as watching i don't get how it's taking Gai's Team so long to finish up and be backup

Lee i can see why he's having problems a close in fighter against a mirror or copy will never end well he'll just get knackered and probably pass out shame he doesn't have the "sake (Booze)" with him as the mirror wouldn't be able to copy the effectit has on Lee

Ten-Ten this girl is a weapons master Kunoichi (if spelling is wrong i apologise) yet she's stupid enough to think that if she got in close with her weapons

Bunshin>Kawarami>Clone Death>Victory

(all however of what i saiud there is complete speculation)

average Ep nothing truly "awe" inspiring lots of talking not enough combat

Temari is starting to grate on me alittle i understand she's worrried about gaara and all this running about isn't doing her team any good
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 04:10   Link #34
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

*Clutching straws here* >_<

Good news is, the animation is still as fluid as previous episode, some artwork/still shots irregularities are there.. most noticeable are (to me) the fish eyed Temari >_<.. but the fight scene are animate beautifully, I especially like the Neji's mirror fight, Gai's/Lee's are nice, TenTen... well, having 2 girls throwing stuff at each other is as delightfull as it can . Sasori's VA selection, I felt really appropriate... I really must say, the choice VA for Akatsuki's members a spot on so far. It fits him very much.. even after he lost his old Hiruko persona to a more handsome persona.

2 things that annoys me the most are the way they handle Naruto part, that really really downgrade Naruto to a crying whiny pissed off sob; also the 2nd Temari filler scene ( the storytelling) .. That didnt really pissed me off until I realized that its the same thing again in the next scene..Of course, in the manga, they flashback tru the story as opposed to the anime version where we get some big kids sitting quietly and listening to an old man mumbling (the only thing missing is the campfire .. seriously =_='')

I would say this episode makes you feel that its really really short (but dragged on and on), the fight scenes for me are very sweet.. only poor choice of filler scene breaking the mood.. something that seems to be a huge problem for Naruto series currently..

I dont blamed the peoples that say this episode really cheated on the pacing.. because it really felt this way
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 06:11   Link #35
Meloria

Quote:
Sasori's VA selection, I felt really appropriate... I really must say, the choice VA for Akatsuki's members a spot on so far.
Forgot to comment on his VA, it indeed works, I also like the pick for Deidara (right?) but I always thought he was a female when reading the manga. All the voice actors chosen for Akatsuki members deffinitely fit indeed, good job there.
Meloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 07:11   Link #36
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Lolness.

The fact about the clones of team Gai is, they might know their own weaknesses, but obviously the replicas do as well.

There's nothing simple about fighting a mirror image.

Loved the Neji v Neji animation.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 07:12   Link #37
Kthullu

the ending was pretty good, the rest was... meh.

the 10 minutes with the desert group was such a colossal waste of time...
Kthullu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 07:22   Link #38
Hir0

Manga readers will find it fustrating to watch it lol

I read the manga too, that half of me wants to rush shippuuden. But the other half of me still thinks its pretty good, better than some of the previous episodes i reckon. But really, i had my hype reading the manga thats for sure.

Yeah overall i think this episode is pretty good. If u expect less u wont feel so bad : P
Hir0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 08:11   Link #39
ghstwrld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthullu View Post
the ending was pretty good, the rest was... meh.

the 10 minutes with the desert group was such a colossal waste of time...
The instance where a flashback would of sufficed is the time they choose to meander. Wasn't the point of dedicating a huge portion of ep 16 towards the sandaime is missing discussion to not disrupt the momentum in the main bout?

The inclusion of all the peripheral happenings has retarded enthusiasm towards the sakura/chiyo/sasori fight. It's kind of sad that the highlight of the episode was the neji vs neji bit.
ghstwrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 10:14   Link #40
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

It was really a good episode. I didnt really mind Temari part because they explained the Third Kazekage...well...yah.

What pissed me off a little its that Naruto keeps yelling and whining about Gaara. Jee, it's my favorite character but they make him whined so much. But just a small matter so I dont really care about it.

Love the part when Sakura went on the ground lol. Anyway, it was nice fight at the end. The music was good too.

Overall, very good episode.