AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-28, 20:38   Link #481
mike_s_6

I think I have one part of the Lion recording. The vocals of May'n. Trying to verify sources right now...

EDIT: Ooops, it's just a recording of a person who might have went to the concert, trying to sound like May'n and quite succeeding :P

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2008-07-28 at 20:50.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 08:53   Link #482
Westlo
Lets be reality

I wonder if the lack of new Ranka songs at that concert means that we won't be getting any new songs in the series aside from Lion and maybe another few remixes and covers? Northern Cross is pretty much Sheryl's confession to Alto, Lion will probably be the duet between Sheryl and Ranka at the end or near the end of the series. Hard to see them fitting in many more new songs considering where the plot is taking them.

Kawamori stated he was unhappy with how Nekko Nikki was used (considering no one really cared about it 9 I can see why lol) and he's constantly struggling to find scenes to insert some songs into.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 14:30   Link #483
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anairam View Post
I don't know if this has been posted before but it seems this is the new OP:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4121839
eh? that's the new ending not op.
Tsuchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 14:49   Link #484
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I wonder if the lack of new Ranka songs at that concert means that we won't be getting any new songs in the series aside from Lion and maybe another few remixes and covers? Northern Cross is pretty much Sheryl's confession to Alto, Lion will probably be the duet between Sheryl and Ranka at the end or near the end of the series. Hard to see them fitting in many more new songs considering where the plot is taking them.

Kawamori stated he was unhappy with how Nekko Nikki was used (considering no one really cared about it 9 I can see why lol) and he's constantly struggling to find scenes to insert some songs into.
I actually like when Ranka sang Neko Niki at the end of episode 12.
Sleepy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 14:51   Link #485
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
Neko Niki is a cute song. Very suitable for Ranka since it's basically the musing of an innocent young girl. It's the kinda of song that you like to hear your cute younger sister sing to her cat.
Darial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 15:40   Link #486
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Neko Niki is a cute song. Very suitable for Ranka since it's basically the musing of an innocent young girl. It's the kinda of song that you like to hear your cute younger sister sing to her cat.
"My diary is dreaming of kissing you" I don't think that's something you will normally sing to your little kitty. Nyan Nyan however.... lol Yoko Kanno said that this song is a personal song for Ranka. Since Ranka is very shy and can't express her affections clearly, Yoko wrote this song with that image of Ranka in her head. It's spot on imo. I totally ate my words of disliking this song after the way they used it in episode 12. It brought the song's impact to a new level. Skygazing trip with princess charming + this song = Totally adorable. Genius. They have a way of making a song shine if they want to. It was pure flop at ep. 9 for me, but I guess it was done on purpose.

I'm guessing Little White Dragon and Tenshi no Enogu are songs that're gonna be sang by Ranka next episode during her first live.
Old 2008-07-29, 16:28   Link #487
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
"My diary is dreaming of kissing you" I don't think that's something you will normally sing to your little kitty.
Only if she's too shy to tell her princess charming in person.
Old 2008-07-29, 16:56   Link #488
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy100 View Post
Neko Niki song is like one of those Sesame Street songs that helps you learn how to count. Might appeal to me if they didn't include the counting thing. or if she counts in japanese.... then again......
sekidousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 17:38   Link #489
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I dunno, I really, really like the simple progression on Neko Nikki. Especially in comparison to some of the super complex Sheryl songs, not to take anything from them though.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 18:59   Link #490
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I must confess, the more I listen to Northern Cross, the sadder I get. Fast paced as it might be, Northern Cross is actually a rather depressing song, and sometimes brings a tear to me eye. *Sniff*

That being said, I cannot wait for the full version and Lion. If she can't have a happy ending with Alto at the end, I think I am going to have mental bursts.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 19:24   Link #491
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I must confess, the more I listen to Northern Cross, the sadder I get. Fast paced as it might be, Northern Cross is actually a rather depressing song, and sometimes brings a tear to me eye. *Sniff*
It is a very bittersweet song, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
That being said, I cannot wait for the full version and Lion. If she can't have a happy ending with Alto at the end, I think I am going to have mental bursts.
Lol yeah. I think I'll hold off on buying my Blu-ray set until I make sure the ending is good. Otherwise I'd have to go looking for some sort of memory eraser to forget this anime. It took me quite a while to get the bad taste of EVA out of my mouth and I'm not too keen on repeating that.
Old 2008-07-30, 01:30   Link #492
MFSxA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
It took me quite a while to get the bad taste of EVA out of my mouth and I'm not too keen on repeating that.
I actually watched this show recently. I enjoyed the initial episodes, but the eventual ending - both in the tv series and the movies - were disappointing to me. I felt empty.

I did, however, understood the use of the kabbalah concepts and the unified theory in occult - but somehow it felt broken especially with the use of the characters and half-baked romance, if there ever was one to begin with. Perhaps its just a dedication to the occult? Some people say it's simply Hideki Anno being emo and in depression.

Good thing there are torrents to sample these stuff. I ain't buying the set. Definitely agree with leaving a bad after taste.
MFSxA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 02:07   Link #493
Tsuchiro

OST 2 has been announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by paper2k1 from MW
http://www.cdjournal.com/main/cd/dis...dno=4108071896

The Macross F OST 2 is slated for release on October 8, 2008.

Order Number: VTCL-60061
Price: 3,045 yen (approx 30.34 USD)
Release Date: October 8, 2008
Tsuchiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 02:18   Link #494
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

At least I have something to bundle with BD vol. 3 now... sigh... gona have to skip the first press bonus on this one.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 02:21   Link #495
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
OST 2 has been announced
w00t! Another reason to do more overtime LOL! BUt it will definitely be worth the purchase.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 02:52   Link #496
Westlo
Lets be reality

Looking forward to that, I hope a ost III is in the works as well, even if its a best of with a few new tracks.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 02:57   Link #497
mike_s_6

Consider it bought. And the OST 3 too.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 09:20   Link #498
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Man they better have more songs than 6 versions of aimo
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 17:26   Link #499
cerrian

From what we've heard so far, the background music in OST II is probably going to be superior than those of OST I. I'm expecting to hear quite a few marches and orchestra pieces as well as some of the background music from the earlier episodes that weren't picked up on OST I.
cerrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:26   Link #500
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Well this weeks Megumi Nakajima opening certainly did a lot to improve my overall disposition towards that section of the show. Hopefully we aren't going back to Triangular after this and the upcoming Lion.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music