AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-28, 23:10   Link #1381
tsunade666

he already had hard time dealing with others or making friends and for the first time he got close to Yahiro. He got back stabbed >.> he will probably won't trust others that much after this event and if he still easily trust others than that's plain stupid or martyr.

Even if Shu is portrayed more humanely or a human in the story. I still can't believe he can sit around and act like he didn't kill someone at the end of episode 2. And in episode 3 his trying to forget it at all and act like it never happen but bad luck for him. Someone witness that scene and it's from his school. Karma for escaping like his not part of it? Bear your sins and carry it with you and don't act like it never happen! and don't trust pretty face
Old 2011-10-28, 23:41   Link #1382
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
he already had hard time dealing with others or making friends and for the first time he got close to Yahiro. He got back stabbed >.> he will probably won't trust others that much after this event and if he still easily trust others than that's plain stupid or martyr.

Even if Shu is portrayed more humanely or a human in the story. I still can't believe he can sit around and act like he didn't kill someone at the end of episode 2. And in episode 3 his trying to forget it at all and act like it never happen but bad luck for him. Someone witness that scene and it's from his school. Karma for escaping like his not part of it? Bear your sins and carry it with you and don't act like it never happen! and don't trust pretty face
Yeah he mostly just tried to act the way people wanted so he could have 'friends' and really wasn't sure if they counted as friends or not. At this point who is he really going to trust other than Inori (assuming he trusts anyone at all now).

Depends on how you look at it. He just launched a shield....that happens to reflect attacks back . Really it was a dumb move to start shooting when he had missiles pointed at him. He was dead anyways. Just this way Gai didn't die with him. See easy enough for Shu to rationalize that it wasn't his fault . Besides hard to feel guilty about the death of a guy who has people lined up and executed. Hard to say if the series will focus much on launching that shield rather than the fact that he has the power to take action and if his identity is found out there won't be any going back.
Old 2011-10-29, 01:11   Link #1383
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Nyantype:

Spoiler for Megami NSFW:

Last edited by Ravenblitz; 2011-10-29 at 02:27. Reason: added
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 01:26   Link #1384
wm4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype:
The GC illustrations were seemly standardized to that overtuned, over-saturated style, with creepily-drawn eyes and expressions.
They can't look more ugly.
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 03:28   Link #1385
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
On what basis do you say that? Two short scenes? That show him in a work environment?

We haven't seen this guy outside of a work environment.
What does this tell you?:
Spoiler for space:

Also, why would they bother showing us this if it wasn't meant to hint at what his personality is like?:
Spoiler for space:

Quote:
But "black" things happen frequently in "political settings". Again, I reference Abu Ghraib.

I hope we get some more nuanced characters on the GHQ side to balance out with what we have so far, but a couple "black" antagonists are no big deal, imo.
Black things happen but these black things have been primarily to show just how evil the antagonists are. They're using these black elements to prop up a black and white setting. If they plan on showing any sort of grey in the GHQ side then my fear is that it'll be so token that it probably won't even matter in the long run.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 03:36   Link #1386
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
What does this tell you?:
Spoiler for space:
It tells me he's a colorful sadist. As anime antagonists go, he's no big deal.

Blondie in Episode 2... Yes, he was over-the-top, I admit. But I don't see any big deal about the Interrogator. I really think that some people are blowing him out of proportion. For example, that was the absolute most creepy-looking screenshot you could have picked for him (and he looks like it in that screenshot in large part to simply give the Episode 3 cliffhanger added "Oomph!" and embellishing things a bit for added visceral effect is perfectly legit). He looks much more normal in other screenshots. It's not like he constantly wears mania on his sleeve (so far, at least).

Quote:
Black things happen but these black things have been primarily to show just how evil the antagonists are.
It is to show that there are at least some evil elements amongst the antagonists, in order to make it easier for viewers to cheer on the protagonists. To a certain degree, at least, this is fine. It's not been executed perfectly (I myself would have preferred a much different characterization for blondie in Episode 2), but it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

The GHQ Supreme Commander in Episode 1 came across as fairly "grey" to me.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-10-29 at 03:52.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 04:24   Link #1387
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It tells me he's a colorful sadist. As anime antagonists go, he's no big deal.

Blondie in Episode 2... Yes, he was over-the-top, I admit. But I don't see any big deal about the Interrogator. I really think that some people are blowing him out of proportion. For example, that was the absolute most creepy-looking screenshot you could have picked for him (and he looks like it in that screenshot in large part to simply give the Episode 3 cliffhanger added "Oomph!" and embellishing things a bit for added visceral effect is perfectly legit). He looks much more normal in other screenshots. It's not like he constantly wears mania on his sleeve (so far, at least).
Yes they did that to make a cliffhanger. And they achieved that by making him look as creepy as possible. It's supposed to be part of his character. And I'd say "colorful sadist" definitely counts as a mustache twirling villian.

Quote:
It is to show that there are at least some evil elements amongst the antagonists, in order to make it easier for viewers to cheer on the protagonists. To a certain degree, at least, this is fine. It's not been executed perfectly (I myself would have preferred a much different characterization for blondie in Episode 2), but it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

The GHQ Supreme Commander in Episode 1 came across as fairly "grey" to me.
At least some? I'm getting the opposite really. They've shown little except a completely evil police state. They made the previous villians evil enough so that no one would bat an eyelid at Shuu commiting mass murder. That Sumpreme Commander came across to me as a possible token grey. Nowhere near actual grey.

Last edited by Haak; 2011-10-29 at 05:43.
Old 2011-10-29, 05:30   Link #1388
Sides

I am the only one who thinks Shu is unrealistic?
Ok, he is 17, whines about not having friends or not be able to fit in, fine I give him that. However he obviously does have at least one friend, the girl with him on the train, in the first episode, but he seems to be is a bit picky about choice of friends.
But the main issue is he doesn't care about killing people or the consequences of his involvement during the "terrorists attack". Other odd thing is, he is more concerned about finding a way to explain to his mom why a girl is staying at their home, but the death that he cause, why even bother telling mom. If we put everything together he has the perfect blueprint for a psychopath.
Personally I don't take any of these characters serious, this series is like a blockbuster movie, with surface characters, which are entertaining to watch but when you start scratching the surface, you will kind of regret it, and spoil the fun.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 05:51   Link #1389
wm4

We should count some one as realistic too if he is not fully trusting most of the people. Many Japanese are also pretty suspicious.
It might be a strong point of Shuu when he did not end up joining the Undertaker blindly.
He started to believe in Yahiro more only after he thought he had his secret, and it should always be working...
wm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 08:09   Link #1390
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Don't mind me, but I'll just leave this here

Last edited by Flo; 2011-10-29 at 08:36.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 08:24   Link #1391
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

hahahaha....awwwwww ;_;
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 08:34   Link #1392
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
My problem is not his angst per se. If he was a character that would just be all about angst and this was a show about his angst I would understand and probably enjoy it. But no, this follows the glorious "angst to hero" cookbook of fail. Let's think history for a moment. How many characters can you name that have gone though the shitty character to hero transition and were liked by fans? or how many GOOD characters that played the "angsty hero" can you think of? Think real hard, and take your time.

You done yet? Well, I can't think of even a damn one. These archtypes usually always fail even when they are in the position of a background/side-character.
That's because you don't remember the visual novels.

Yuichi (Kanon/Kanon 2006 (TV))
Tomoya (Clannad/ Clannad (TV), Clannad After Story (TV))
Zwei (Phantom of the Inferno/ Requiem of the Phantom (TV) ): no one except Ein tops Zwei in the badass dept

And..these franchises and MCs definitely haven't failed. That character type is like a personification of otaku. Someone who is angsty,doesn't want to get involved but ultimately finds his place and succeeds.

Also, if you look at Persona 4 this way, it is similar. Otaku are pretty much at ground zero like Yu but he develops friends and interact and his stats improve and he becomes a better and cooler person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm4 View Post
He started to believe in Yahiro more only after he thought he had his secret, and it should always be working...
And it prob would have worked if GHQ hadn't gotten to the drug supplier to find Yahiro. The supplier was prob the guy hanging upside down.

And if "dressing" involves this...
Quote:
carcass dressing
removal of the hide, appendages and viscera.
then lots of people would turn over Shu.

Last edited by orion; 2011-10-29 at 09:37.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 10:35   Link #1393
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Imo , currently , the characters aren't interestings. Sometimes i'm telling why those kind of ML have parents with such a great unbelievable job.
And someone can tell me if Inori will be more lively than a robot doll ?

Well , things can be interestings after this episode.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 10:41   Link #1394
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

Zwei (Phantom of the Inferno/ Requiem of the Phantom (TV) ): no one except Ein tops Zwei in the badass dept

Also, if you look at Persona 4 this way, it is similar. Otaku are pretty much at ground zero like Yu but he develops friends and interact and his stats improve and he becomes a better and cooler person.
While I can't speak for Zwei, as I never watched Phantom of the Inferno, I don't think Yuiichi and Tomoya are good examples of angst turned hero. They have their angst, but they never let it define them (or at least try hard not to). Plus, they're actually funny. Shu is almost entirely defined by his angst. I think a better example would be Yuki from Future Diary (okay, he's not a hero, but he's a wimp who grows in a dangerous situation as well)

And Yu in Persona 4...uh...yeah, I don't know how to feel about that character.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 10:48   Link #1395
tsunade666

Inori is made that way so as the story develops. Her character develops too. Just like what the other say. She is like a blank slate that develops and have more emotion. Just like Nagato the most typical one.

Right now Inori doesn't think for herself and too dependent onto others or more like Shu but that's because Gai orders so. She is adamant in her mission and doing her job right that she doesn't even complain even if the order is absurd. She also likes to cling to Shu because besides that Gai orders so. Shu needs her and it might bring her value. That's why when Shu finally said Inori's name, she stop and follow Shu on not shooting Yahiro.

For now I don't have problem with other cast other than Shu. He is too real for me in a sense that it's kinda irritating when I see him that way. Though some of his flaws is being to naive but can also be a good point for him but a fatal flaw in the war. I hate his personality that turning a blind eye on things happening even though his already involve and he has the power to make a change. Plus he already did the first step when he agree to help Gai in episode 2 but still he denied it and go back to his ordinary life. It might be good because he doesn't want his life to be endangered but he still killed someone and that won't change even if he tried to forget it.
Old 2011-10-29, 11:16   Link #1396
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post

I take issue with that last one. Zwei had very good reason to be angsty and an even better reason to get over it quickly. I don't have a problem with Shu's character type, it is pretty common in the real world, but I have a problem with how stories in general feel the need to change these people into something they aren't. But happens in every culture because the idea seems to resonate with the average person. It can be done well, but you've got to have a believable impetus and time frame for the change. I will be watching to see if Shu's change is well executed.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 12:14   Link #1397
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Knew the betrayal would happen when his Void is shown to be a scissors....

I wonder what kind of person generates a bloody vase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Ok, he is 17, whines about not having friends or not be able to fit in, fine I give him that. However he obviously does have at least one friend, the girl with him on the train, in the first episode, but he seems to be is a bit picky about choice of friends.
But the main issue is he doesn't care about killing people or the consequences of his involvement during the "terrorists attack". Other odd thing is, he is more concerned about finding a way to explain to his mom why a girl is staying at their home, but the death that he cause, why even bother telling mom. If we put everything together he has the perfect blueprint for a psychopath.
Personally I don't take any of these characters serious, this series is like a blockbuster movie, with surface characters, which are entertaining to watch but when you start scratching the surface, you will kind of regret it, and spoil the fun.
It's not unrealistic....it's someone trying to force it down and pretend it all never happened
Old 2011-10-29, 12:21   Link #1398
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Someone that's into pottery?
Old 2011-10-29, 12:25   Link #1399
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

It's more like a personality thing....

Like how Inori is a sword since she is well...single minded and a weapon.
Old 2011-10-29, 12:27   Link #1400
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I guess a cute FWB is just not good enough for our mopey lead. Talk about glass half empty...
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig