AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-14, 03:13   Link #9401
Xiammes

They mean by losing his jewels, when he died his powers were scattered. This would explain why the clones do not poses any fragments besides doppelganger(which seemed to be intentional).
Old 2012-10-14, 03:27   Link #9402
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

We also don't know much about the Second Christ himself.

I mean he did go around healing people and helping them, but what he was on the inside? Two of his clones are arrogant, self-centered bastards + lolicons. Coincident? Don't think so.

If he had a kind heart, it would be more understanding as to how he was tricked and killed despite his strength, since he would be to nice to kill or think badly about people.

But if he is actually just as Blade and Arclight, having good or bad intentions wouldn't matter he would still trash all those who came at him with bad intend. And so someone very strong needed to appear to be able to beat/kill him or a way to render his power useless.

But even if his power was rendered useless, we still must not forget about needless basic ability's being several time of that of ordinary humans. And the Second should be above the other needless in this aspect.

So to conclude, to beat the Second Christ it would take someone not only smart or strong, but someone smart and strong.
Old 2012-10-14, 08:38   Link #9403
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiammes View Post
I was board today so I started thinking about how Triple 6 killed the Second Christ. Many theories popped up, but remembering the condition of the Second Christs body, he likely died in battle instead of some underhanded tactic.

What could they have done to kill this near god like entity?
First of all, I'm not sure the condition of his body tells us anything about how he died. The missing parts could have been removed post mortem, perhaps for experiments or as a source of material for the cloning program. (There's a theory that some people might possess entire limbs, along with associated special powers, but that remains to be seen...) The scars on his neck and chest do raise some interesting questions, but note that they're healed, so presumably those injuries didn't kill him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pir View Post
How the Second Christ was killed? That simple. Read chapter 49. He lost all his powers before he was killed. That all.
Arclight's little parable is interesting, but how reliable is he as a narrator? Also, things are somewhat confused by the fact that he identifies himself with the Second Christ, so it isn't always entirely clear which one of them he's talking about.

Now, I think there may be clues as to what happened in some of the dialogue in chapter 46. Lines such as:

"To him, death is nothing more than one type of restraint upon his actions."
"He himself does not wish to be resurrected."

Maybe the Second allowed himself be killed (perhaps to avoid the nations of the world fighting over him), knowing that he could bring himself back to life at some later time of his choosing? A time which is yet to come, despite Arclight's efforts to force the issue. Note, of course, the parallel with the original Bible story, which I'm sure I don't have to explain to you.
Old 2012-10-14, 09:10   Link #9404
Xiammes

That would be some shit, The Second revives himself the moment Arclight kills Blade, if done right it could be the best dues ex machina since Slayers Next.

I did ponder if some people did have the limbs of the second, but it didn't sit well with me. Thats why I think the condition of the body might have said something, I don't think they would experiment freely with his limbs, considering he is a valuable resource.
Old 2012-10-15, 13:24   Link #9405
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

It all depends on how much original material Simeon needed in order to make an Adam series clone... which is a complete unknown. But if they used a pound or two of flesh for each one, well, after 79 attempts it would add up to quite a lot. And obviously they would want to start with the extremities and keep the most valuable parts intact as long as possible.

All of this is totally unfounded speculation, of course.
Old 2012-10-15, 17:52   Link #9406
Avvesione

Well, there's still quite a bit left to be revealed since we received some new developments in recent chapters (Mizuha, Riru being an Eve), so we should get some valuable information sometime in the near future. Just what it entails or how to apply it to these questions is still unknown since we don't know how much of the "truth" will be disclosed. Should be interesting to see how everything plays out, especially if they reveal how the Second was murdered and the true purpose of the Adam and Eve Projects.

---

Also, I've been thinking about counterattacks against Riru's Psychokinesis and found one possibility that Eve can use against her. We've seen her stop Eve's heart twice now, both time successful, so it wouldn't be surprising to see her try it again. With Eve's Doppelganger, however, she could redirect the electrical impulses (or create a new heart altogether despite that being unnecessarily complicated), so that way when Riru tries to do it again, Eve can keep going and land an attack. Would need to be a pretty big attack though because that trick won't work twice on her.
Old 2012-10-15, 19:33   Link #9407
Xiammes

I really don't think it would work without Eve playing possum and allowing Riru to get really close, remember Riru was able to react to Blades Dean Drive Fox Hound and Eve can't move as fast as that.
Old 2012-10-15, 20:37   Link #9408
Avvesione

Quote:
I really don't think it would work without Eve playing possum and allowing Riru to get really close, remember Riru was able to react to Blades Dean Drive Fox Hound and Eve can't move as fast as that.
I was thinking more if Eve were in the middle of an attack, like, flying at Riru already and she were trying to do that heart thing again, that Eve would be immune to it once and finish her attack.

As for the DDFH, Blade was able to get right up to the cocoon before she stopped him. Given that he's moving at Mach 2, not sure how many seconds that was or how much distance he covered but it should be enough time depending on the situation.
Old 2012-10-15, 21:20   Link #9409
Xiammes

The room is pretty big, but we know Blade was relatively close to the thing when he took off.

If Cruz and Eve do work together we can assume that might work, but it still takes Cruz help(who if he plays his cards right is a very strong counter against Riru). I also don't think Riru would go for a heart attack at such close range, she would more then likely just stop her movements.
Old 2012-10-16, 03:52   Link #9410
Homura7

Riru is invincible right now. We are talking about someone who is above Saten who already wiped the floor with Blade.

No chance. They are screwed to many levels, so it's not surprising the focus jumped back to Seth & Solva. This battle is already decided.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 07:39   Link #9411
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

Time for Gido and Saten to come to the rescue.
Old 2012-10-18, 07:49   Link #9412
Sayo A.
Presumably Pentadactyl

...Been mulling that one over a bit more. Things are looking bad for Blade and co. at the moment, but surely there must be some way for them to turn things around. But how? Of course, there's always the possibility of a deus ex machina, with some new (or old*) character popping up to save the day.

* But rejuvenated.

But since that would be boring, is there a solution that doesn't involve external interference? I came up with a couple more ideas:

First, the cocoon was opened too soon. Maybe that means whatever process Arclight was going through in there is incomplete, and his powers are still unstable. He could suddenly lose them, or self destruct, or something, or, well, there are any number of possibilities.

Second, what if Cruz's eyes change again? What effect will that have now his powers have fully awakened? Wouldn't he get some kind of power-up? Well, what if that allowed him not just to block any attack directed towards him, but to nullify his opponent's ability at its source? With Arclight and Riru deprived of their powers, it would be relatively easy to defeat them. (Maybe too easy? OK, let's say Arclight retains, say, the powers granted by his Stigmata. Just to keep things interesting. There's also the issue that this would make Cruz ridiculously ovepowered, so the author would then have to kill him off to keep things balanced... but let's not worry about that right now.)

BTW, I think I should credit Xiammes for giving me the inspiration for that one, even though I wasn't consciously aware of it at the time...
Quote:
What if they found a way to negate his powers? He would be nothing more then a ordinary human and could be killed with ease without drawing too much attention. The only known power that can do such a thing is the Shield of Aegis. The created a creature(A antiNeedless) that could analyze powers, find the weak spot and negate them with the Shield of Aegis.
Old 2012-10-18, 12:55   Link #9413
Ynot

Wow, I'm always surprised at how fast another month has passed. I'm happy Needless is a monthly series instead of weekly. It simply wouldn't be as interesting to me anymore if I'd be reading a new chapter each week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayo A. View Post
First, the cocoon was opened too soon. Maybe that means whatever process Arclight was going through in there is incomplete, and his powers are still unstable. He could suddenly lose them, or self destruct, or something, or, well, there are any number of possibilities.
It looks like Arclight is still hooked up with at least six "veins" to the cocoon, so I'm guessing cutting those will have some sort of effect which could give Blade an advantage.

I'm also not very worried about Disk or Yamada just yet. If Riru wants to see whether they possess a stigmata she'll probably have to keep them alive untill she can inject them with some highly condensed Edenseed or force them into a situation where it would surface if they already have one. So I don't think she'll kill them immediately like she's been trying to do with Eve. If a stigmata does surface on Yamada it'll most likely be accompanied by a much stronger form of his Aegis shield which would even the field a bit more.

Eve is in a lot of danger. Riru seems particularly interested in killing her (some sort of envy?). Riru probably doesn't think she has a stigmata since Eve got her doppleganger from Blade which I think is a big part of the reason she hasn't been holding back when it comes to stopping Eve's heart.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 13:30   Link #9414
Xiammes

Even if Eve did have a stigmata, it wouldn't matter, Arclight already has the stigmata for Doppleganger, she will still be disposed of by Riru.

Of course that doesn't make much sense, now that we know Riru is a Eve type, what was the whole point of Ishiyama keeping her alive?
Old 2012-10-18, 14:15   Link #9415
Ynot

^It would matter, just like Hatfield and "that girl whose name I forgot" can both use aqua coral, it would have been possible for Eve to be able to use doppleganger as a part of another fragment which Arclight didn't already have. Of course now that Riru knows the origin of Eve's power that chance has declined severely, if not vanished completely. Ishiyama didn't know the origin of Eve's power and he might want to have another Eve around just in case...(for procreation or whatever).
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-18, 14:55   Link #9416
Homura7

Spoiler for 106:
Old 2012-10-18, 15:24   Link #9417
Xiammes

Spoiler for 106:
Old 2012-10-18, 15:46   Link #9418
Homura7

Spoiler for 106:
Old 2012-10-18, 15:56   Link #9419
Xiammes

Spoiler for 106:
Old 2012-10-18, 16:00   Link #9420
Kurohane

I got your private message, Ynot. Thank you!

Tags
action, comedy, seinen