AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-08-09, 21:17   Link #4141
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Just kidding.

I will give credit if I ever use this theory somewhere.
Ha, truth be told, I don't really mind. The idea was proposed much earlier on the forums, just forgot by whom. I only liked the idea, and did a bit of research on my own.
It's not like it's my theory, rather, if you adhere to it, it's yours.

Well, I guess if it's taken word for word, at most I'd like to be credited, but other than that, you are free to do whatever you want.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 22:00   Link #4142
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
...... Holy crap, That is a solid theory that I can't really argue......
Man, I'm way out of my depth when I'm seeing stuff like that. Truth be told, I just wanted Touma to have some more strength against people like Tsuchimikado and Acqua. I didn't imagine that my flighty thinking process would provoke a response like that. Also, yeah, when I think about it, I'm just gonna leave out the fire bender idea.

Although..... Does the Invisible Thing really need to be identified? I mean, part of the reason an Eldritch Abomination is an Eldritch Abomination is the fact that it's incomprehensible. And also because calling the thing IT makes it a bit cooler (in my humble opinion anyway).

If Kamachi does reveal what it is, then I would gladly follow on that information. But as of right now, there's literally little to nothing on that thing hiding behind the Imagine Breaker. And we don't even know just how powerful the Imagine Breaker really is if it can contain and suppress the power of a being that has more power than La Persona Superiore a Dio, and still manage to nullify anything that comes in contact with Touma's right hand (well, up to a certain point considering Accelerator's Wings/Curtana Original/Etcetera).

Kamachi has left a lot of open ends that I always hope he can tie up in the next volume. But alas, it seems it probably won't come until the ultimate climax.

Agh, I just wanted to see an OP Touma. Is that too much to ask?

......... No, seriously, is it? Because I know some people like Touma due to the fact that he has survived this far in the Light Novel with only his wits, the Imagine Breaker, and (later on) Precognition. Oh, and the Invisible Thing on an occasion or two (albeit unintentionally, but still.)

So I'll just ask you people. Should I make a little snippet about Dragon!Touma vs Kanzaki to test it out? Or leave this idea to simmer while I work out the details? Or just stash this idea in a dark corner of my mind for it to never be seen or mentioned again?
Some people are charmed by the fact that Kamijou is basically a normal guy (aside from the hand) who takes down monstrously powerful people down to normal levels, then beating the snot out of them, so they'll be likely be put off by your idea.

As for me however, I'm ambivalent toward this (as well as interested where your idea will lead), if you want my honest opinion though?

Go for it, one of the main reasons people write (fanfic or otherwise) stories is that they're a way to express they're opinions and ideas as well as their imagination, remember there'll always be naysayers to every single piece of media that has ever existed; whether it be past, future, or present, you cannot please everyone.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 00:47   Link #4143
omega253

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can scrounge something up.

But since this is a fanfiction thread, I might as well drop a little idea for a potential comedy/crack fic
Acqua of the Back, after WWIII, doesn't know what to do. He takes refuge in Academy City after Aleister offers him a job. So, with potentially nowhere else to go, he accepts the offer.

The job in question? Teaching English classes. More specifically, teaching English classes at Tokiwadai Middle.

That's right. Acqua of the Back becomes an English Teacher at the same school as two dangerous Level 5's.

Yeah, I came up with this idea as a comedy that is not serious at all. If you want some type of crack pairing to go with this crack fic, then just put Acqua.... Ahem, Orville-Sensei with the Tokiwadai Dorm Manager. They're both broken as hell in a fight, what with Acqua being from God's Right Seat and the Manager with her neck-snapping.

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-10 at 00:59.
omega253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 00:49   Link #4144
Ihaxlikenoob
Nine Lives Blade Works

Acqua is still alive in canon.
Ihaxlikenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 00:57   Link #4145
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

What Iha said.

Though, I can honestly see that kinda crack fic to be funny as hell in complete honesty. Because, lets face it, who would be more terrifying to see in the dorms when you miss curfew? The Dorm Manager, or Acqua?

Seriously, that's a terrifying image...don't try to imagine it or you'll end up pissing yourself.

But seriously, I'd more than likely get a good chuckle out of a story like that. XD

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 01:02   Link #4146
omega253

Alright, edited. Thanks for the correction.

Shameful confession time: I never actually read the LN. Most, if not all, of my information came from heavy-duty wiki-walking.

*goes to hide from harsh lambasting*

*comes back to answer Ferret's question*

Quote:
Though, I can honestly see that kinda crack fic to be funny as hell in complete honesty. Because, lets face it, who would be more terrifying to see in the dorms when you miss curfew? The Dorm Manager, or Acqua?

Seriously, that's a terrifying image...don't try to imagine it or you'll end up pissing yourself.
That's the thing. You can't tell who's more terrifying.

*goes back to hiding*
Old 2013-08-10, 01:42   Link #4147
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
I...don't know, seriously I don't. Not to say that your idea sucks, far from it, and I don't have that kind of knowledge on how to make a good fanfic, nor do I have the authority, but the idea of Dragon Imagine Breaker is just...not appealing to me.
I mean, Imagine Breaker is such a strange power, raising so many questions, like why the right hand? Why can it negate, or rather, how does it work? What Aeon does it belong to? It's so mysterious, in a universe where (almost) everything can be explained by a theory (even bonus, one that exists in real-life), why can't it be explained? Your idea as it is looks a bit...of a let down, sorry for the harsh word. How you pictured your idea right now, it sounds like a mix between the Sacred Gears in DxD and Elder Scrolls. Instead of coming of as a big twist, it sounds expected (since everyone saw the dragon head scene, we kinda assume it obligatorily has links to dragons, where there is no proof of this), and also a unjustified shounen power up of Touma (the fire bending? Bad idea).

However, I like that one part, where you want the dragon to be a bit alien, like how Aiwass is for Angels. If you use normal dragons, Eastern or Western, it would be too ''conform'', also illogical since in most mythologies dragons are like normal animals (except in the East). You need something akin to an Eldritch Abomination or a divine being.

The problem here is finding a myth corresponding to your theories. To explain Imagine Breaker, you use a sound theory that sounds remotely possible. The problem if you use Eastern or Western dragons, then it implies that there are other dragons, eliminating the Imagine breaker's uniqueness (one of its main appeals). Use entities that can be seen as dragons (as in, dragon is one of their many forms) in some myths:
  • Lucifer: I list him only because he is refered to as one sometimes, but he is a bad idea, too predictable and also wouldn't explain how was Touma able to beat someone from the Aeon of Osiris (Fiamma) with a Invisible Thing falling under the same laws.
  • Tiamat: An interesting possibility, a chaos monster, sometimes depicted as a dragon or a sea serpent, even the mother of all dragons. Interestingly, her name is also similar to Northwest Semitic tehom (תהום) (the deeps, abyss), used in the Book of Genesis 1:2
But the problem with those is that they are seen as evil, when it strikes to me that the Invisible Thing is probably more like chaotic neutral, like beyond good and evil, like Aiwass. Of course it's just assumptions since we didn't see much of it.
My advice (whatever worth it carries) would be to use a true Eldritch Abomination, from the Thelema of Crowley. That demon, Choronzon, who fits the bill on many levels. I'm going to take the more interesting parts of the article and compare them to the novels:

Look at this:

And his:

This:

And this:

This:

And this:

Now one of the more interesting:

This:

And this:

This:

And this:

Finally compare this:

To this:

But this is just my personal theory.

Please, don't take this comment wrongly, I am not the expert, nor do I consider myself so high and mighty that I know what is right for people to do. It is only my humble opinion, I simply want you to consider this before going with your idea.

Sorry for the wall of text
That's a really thoughtful post. Actually... I had the same exact idea beforehand after I read a lot of wikipedia articles related to Choronzon and looked at those same similarities with Imagine Breaker. I also compared Aleister Crowley's evolution in the novels with what he does compared to achieving the levels of the Thelema mastery that Crowley had and there is a correlation with all of his actions and what the required levels of mastery of thelema are... He actually has a setback in volume 22 strangely enough if you correlate the usage of thelema to what happens in new testament after the turbulent events of the climax of volume 22 and their after effects.

However, what I do know is that it seems that Imagine Breaker is tied to some standard of objectivity of the world. If it is supposed to be a reference frame to the world..., then the question is what this has to do with Choronzon... One can say though that Imagine Breaker actually seals Choronzon inside of it. Choronzon itself represents the frame that maintains the world as it currently is without changing.

After all, from the same article you were using in Wikipedia... it mentions that Choronzon acts a test to one who seeks to master Thelema. If one masters Choronzon as a final test, that person can master Thelema and evolve and leave their existence into a higher one and achieve true enlightenment with nothing holding that person back any longer. Even though this may not shed light on the fact that IB is some universal reference frame... instead it shows that Choronon is supposed to be a final test... therefore... I am guessing that the true roots of Imagine Breaker have not to do with Aleister Crowley's ambitions, but are incorporated into his ambitions. It seems that Imagine Breaker might even be artificially created or be given to Touma for an artificial reason... even though this certainly hasn't been revealed.

Though it would make sense because in the end Imagine Breaker is the seal of Choronzon and seems to preserve the balance in the world... so it is possible that it reappears for the sole purpose of doing this. Though I believe that it is possible that Choronzon was not always inside Imagine Breaker and that this was put in later. I am speculating which could be good fanfic material that something like this is going on
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 05:21   Link #4148
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Astaroth View Post
I like this idea. It looks like it will lead to explosions.

No I have think about these comics by Nobuchi, where the Almost Magic God and The Holy Royal Maid adopting that little redhaired brat...
Who knows...?

That's one hell of wrong direction~ My idea is a lot simpler than that. I just don't know if I should make it oneshot or divide it in several chapters.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 10:20   Link #4149
Kira477
おれ最強だぜ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Remember when Touma tried to show Anti-Skill members the body of Misaka 10031 and it had been cleaned up by the time he brought them there? You could have that happen to Kuroko. Or have her get suspended from Judgment by somebody high up for pushing too far.
Wow thanks! You just inspired quite a lot of things from this

Anyway... I also need ideas for another fic.
It's really simple actually.

Touma and Misaki met each other in an Child Error facility, so they are technically kids in a sense.

I'm just having some trouble as to what sort of crazy, weird, or outright stupid situations should I put the both of them in. So I thought you people might be really good in suggesting these kind of situations, and I would like to be enlightened in how wacky could your ideas be, haha
Kira477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 12:03   Link #4150
Doc Astaroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post
That's the thing. You can't tell who's more terrifying.

*goes back to hiding*
Actually, it is obvious who is more terrifying...

Spoiler:
Doc Astaroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 15:29   Link #4151
omega253

Well, that makes sense considering that
Spoiler for Acqua:
Old 2013-08-10, 16:08   Link #4152
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

But even without those traits, he's still has the look of a BAMF that you wouldn't want to get in a tussle with. I'm willing to be that, even in his current state, Touma would still end up pissing himself if he ran into Acqua after remembering the beat-down he took from the guy once before.

Still, I can't deny that the Dorm Manager does have a powerful intimidation factor to her.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-08-10, 16:21   Link #4153
omega253

Ooh, Touma meeting Acqua when he's an English teacher. Talk about awkward. Especially with Mikoto and Misaki being present. That's like asking for an entire district to be blasted to cinders one way or another. Also, extra points if Touma manages to make more of the girls fall for him with Acqua watching. I mean, Acqua is one of the people that doesn't know about Touma's harem aura, right? It would be hilarious if he started thinking that the misfortunate boy was some kind of incubus-in-human-form.

Now then, on to something I want to clarify about the Dragon!Touma idea in my head. We know that Touma is really charismatic, considering the unintentionally-formed Kamijou Faction. What if it was also because he was a Dragon? In Highschool DXD, Dragons were shown through the main character to attract unusual occurrences and meet/fight powerful entities. Same thing's been going on with Touma in canon. He's personally met at least 3 or 4 Level 5's, all of which are also willing to fight on his side, Kanzaki Kaori, who's the magical equivalent of a nuke, and even over nine thousand (pun not intended) clones of one of the aforementioned Level 5's.

The point is, Touma can make lots of powerful friends all over the place.

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-10 at 16:35.
Old 2013-08-10, 16:40   Link #4154
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Well, Tokiwadai is in the School Garden and males aren't premitted to be in the school garden in the first place. I'm not sure if the dorms fall in the same category, but I know the school is in there. That said, if Touma was in there, he'd more than likely be chased out by the female populous and they wouldn't need Acqua to instill fear in Kamijou's heart. They did a good job of doing that in the latest volume of the LN.

I would, however, find it hilarious if the incubus idea was implanted into his head after seeing all the female attention Touma gets. Hell, it would cause so much trouble if he was to misinterpret Touma's whole situation in regards to his harem.

I just picture Acqua, very seriously, threatening Touma to take responsibility or be beaten to death by a former member of God's Right Seat.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-08-10, 16:52   Link #4155
omega253

True, even if he's lost most of his power, Acqua probably still has a far-above-average physical condition that can throw around poor Kamijou like a rag doll. Also, no comments on the Dragon Charisma idea?
Old 2013-08-10, 17:06   Link #4156
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
True, even if he's lost most of his power, Acqua probably still has a far-above-average physical condition that can throw around poor Kamijou like a rag doll.
My point exactly; he's an intimidating man by himself without magic. Getting buck with him is like asking for a thrashing that's equivilant to a scrawny nerd against a group of jocks.

Quote:
Also, no comments on the Dragon Charisma idea?
Sorry, I must not have seen it.

Well, I never checked out Highschool DXD so I can't say I understand. But, by the description you provided, I think that it's pretty much a given considering all that Touma went through. He attracts all sorts of people, both weak and strong, former enemy or ally from the beginning. It's just how he is, though I think the reason they actually follow him is because of this kind of mentality.

"He's just an ordinary high school student; if someone like that can do what he has then I should be more than capable of doing the same."

That's what I generally believe. I'm still lost at how him being a Dragon changes things, but if you could enlighten me further on this idea, then I can provide a more conclusive response to whatever idea you have in mind.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-08-10, 17:48   Link #4157
omega253

Woot, In Memoriam got an update, but this time, it's from the POV of Saten Ruiko
http://forums.spacebattles.com/threa...262608/page-21
It's in post 523

@ Ferret: What I mean by unusual occurrences is, Touma has gone through strange things that even people of Accelerator and Kanzaki's calibur and strength don't face often. He's gone through misfortune all his life and even caused it to other people before he somehow gained the Imagine Breaker. I have a little theory on why he gained it. What if the Invisible Thing sensed the mysterious power that Touma had that he was born with and decided to move closer to him? However, its existence distorted the natural laws, including something like fortune, and destroyed Touma's balance of good and bad luck. So, it decided, for some strange reason to make Touma its host. But due to recurring unnatural phenomenon, it was somehow sealed with the Imagine Breaker. Touma's destroyed balance of luck stayed the same and that was how he got his misfortune, it hadn't just been the Imagine Breaker destroying God's blessings.

Back to the whole Dragon Charisma thing, Touma has faced 2 Level 5's, one of which can potentially create a thunderstorm (Misaka) and the other one can probably split a continent in half (Frickin' Accelerator, man!), along with two Saints (Kanzaki and Acqua), who have bodies similar to the Son of God, and also all four members of God's Right Seat, who can channel the power of Biblical Archangels. Last but definitely not least, Touma faced the Archangel Gabriel itself, a divine being that can rearrange constellations and has the power to blast the entire planet to kingdom come.

Anybody who can stay alive and sane after that is worthy of gaining their own faction. Touma has done things that would blow the minds of any normal person. That is a trait of Dragons in Highschool DxD. They are able to screw over physics and commit stunts and actions that would be declared scientifically and magically impossible just because it's in their way.

To put it bluntly, their existence is an impossible anomaly that allows them attract strange occurrences. It's not even some kind of guess or chance. It's an inevitability for something that is universally considered strange to occur to, or by a Dragon. And this would most heartily include Dragon!Touma if I got the proper ideas.

So do you understand now, Ferret, or do I need to elaborate a bit more? Because I could pull some more examples if I go through canon content from Raildex and Highschool DxD
Old 2013-08-10, 18:14   Link #4158
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

In regards to the theory behind IT, I don't have much of an opinion on or any real theories of my own to make. I can't really agree or disagree with the theory since there's still so much about Imagine Breaker, IT, and Touma himself that we don't know about yet. All I can really do is say that your theory may be legit or it may not be; but eventually we will find out for ourselves sooner or later.

That's just me though, I'm not disregarding your theory nor saying it's right or wrong; I'm merely saying I'd rather wait for the answers of those things to be revealed in the story itself. Nothing wrong with hearing theories, as they can be very interesting to read and actually make me think of it being possible, but I'd still rather wait rather than get a fork-ball to the face.

Now for the other half.

I think I have a general understand of what your implying here. I do see what you mean, and judging by the information you provided, I can actually see where you think that. It sounds legit to me, and I think it would be interesting to say the least if you expanded upon it.

I mean, I agree, a normal person by all accounts wouldn't have survived the ordeals which Touma went through. Regardless of IB being in his possession, he should not have survived half of the things he did. I still chalk that up to him being a bad-ass and such; but I can't deny that what your saying can't be implied if done appropriately. As I said, I haven't read Highschool DXD, so I can't say much, but if you can make such a thing work; then I have no doubts that people will catch on to what your doing.

So, prey-tell what kind of ideas you are looking for specifically? Are you searching for abnormal things/individuals for Touma to encounter or are you looking for something more than that?

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
Old 2013-08-10, 18:48   Link #4159
omega253

I'm just thinking of throwing Dragon!Touma into increasingly odd situations that will constantly test his wits, sanity..... And patience to not tear everything to pieces with his draconic strength.

This story would be an AU, because I believe that Touma got a bit involved with the Dark Side of Academy City. I mean, destroying Skill-Out bases because they were annoying the residents of the district and he wasn't getting enough sleep through their semi-loud activities. I kind of have an image of him and Aogami (this is before Tsuchimikado infiltrated the city) doing something drastic enough to get chased by both SCHOOL and ITEM. As in, two Level 5's out for Touma's blood because he pissed them off in some way.

I hope that would be an example of an odd occurrence.... at least on the Science Side. I feel the overwhelming urge to bring in a mercenary magician (Maybe even Acqua of the Back?) that was called in by Aleister to test Touma's draconic strength.

I can even pull in dear innocent Saten Ruiko who heard the rumors of, and I quote from a certain Meltdowner if she encountered Dragon!Touma, 'an invincible nullifier who just won't f$@king die no matter how many bullets, rockets, or lasers you chuck at him.' I would then have her tracking the rumor and somehow meeting Kakine freakin' Teitoku, only she doesn't know who he actually is. He decides to assist her because he wants to find out where Touma is so that he can kill him. Heck, you know what, bring in Mugino Shizuri and Sogiita Gunha for the hell of it. Shizuri and Kakine make a temporary truce and alliance to find Touma. Bottom line: they'll find him and team up on him, then try and kill each other because they're weakened after the fight.

And Gunha..... just wants to find that 'gutsy', spiky-black haired boy who survived an Amazing Punch without staggering, and challenge to him a, and I quote again, 'MANLY COMPETITION OF GUTS!'

Meanwhile, Touma and Aogami are in summer school taking supplementary classes for their esper-related subjects.

Yeah, those kinds of things.

Last edited by omega253; 2013-08-10 at 18:59.
Old 2013-08-10, 21:08   Link #4160
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Well, I can see Touma taking on Skill-Out, though for a different reason than the one mentioned. I mean, I get that its AU, but you could more than likely say that SO were harrassing too many people near his dorms and that he and Aogami took care of all them in that specific area; making that area the 'safe-haven' for people traveling around at night. If your going by the dragon theme here, then go with the whole 'a beast that goes undisturbed is tame' kinda deal here. Going against Skill-Out doesn't seem too darkside-ish to me since most who are in that criteria aren't really that big of a threat to anyone who's really submerged into the Darkness of AC.

As for something he could have done to piss them off...he doesn't really need to do much to gain their attention really. All he would need to do is meet Kakine or Mugino and just nullify their abilities, give 'em each a good dose of Pimp Justice (Falcon Punch, TouMan, Epic Bro-fist, whatever you prefer) and you instantly have two Level 5's pissed at him for not only being better than them, but beating them.

Your idea of getting Saten involved could work though, as she more than likely would have caught the rumor of Touma based on the facts mentioned in your post. It's not unlikely, so I would go with that if you ever decided to write this. But in terms of outlandish things, I would need to get back to you on that when I've thought of something that could be classified as 'OMG WTFITS!?'.

Over-all, I'd more than likely read it just to see for myself exactly what kind of odd occurrences may happen throughout the story as things go on.

Also, minor note here, A Certain World of Darkness has been updated; check it out whenever you feel inclined to do so. Click the signature below to get right to the story.

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction