AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode Rating
* 1 0.65%
** 1 0.65%
*** 17 11.04%
**** 71 46.10%
***** 64 41.56%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-20, 00:03   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

[Mai Otome] Episode 12 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode discussion thread.

I'll post a new Episode discussion thread every Tuesday (a few days before the show actually airs). Please do not vote in the poll until you have watched the episode. If pre-voting gets out of hand, then I'll open the Episode threads on Thursday or Friday instead.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • NO Manga spoilers in the Episode thread. Please alert a Moderator if you see Manga spoilers. Use the button you see below each users name.

• Keep it on-topic and discuss the episode at hand.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members. Rudeness will lead to impotency.

Be aware that due to the very nature of these threads, current episode content will be discussed without the use of Spoiler tags. Also, since these threads go up early, unrestrained speculation about the upcoming episode will be knee-deep. If you haven't seen the Episode, I would advise you not to click into the thread prior to the Fan-sub release, or don't complain if you're spoiled.

Please remember that only moderators can start the episode discussion threads every week.

Poll

The poll is fairly self explanatory:

(*) = Poor, (**) = Below Average, (***) = Average, (****) = Above Average, (*****) = Excellent!

Last edited by Catgirls; 2005-12-21 at 00:38. Reason: Re-worked the rules a bit
Old 2005-12-20, 00:14   Link #2
KiraDouji

Oh! First! *dance*

I can't wait to see Arika in a dress! I don't know what it is, but both she and Nina look so pretty with their hair down! *gush* There's so many theories spinning around about Akira and Takumi, too... I just want the ep so we can find out which ones were right *_*

So, what's the guesses? Why's Arika in a gown??

- Kira
Old 2005-12-20, 00:23   Link #3
LonelyWolf

Why did Sergey send her that dress? Did he know what was going to happen? I wonder...
Old 2005-12-20, 00:26   Link #4
KiraDouji

I was kind of wondering myself. On the one hand, I can totally seeing him mailing that just because he wanted to. It seemed like that box was trying to make up for all 14/15 years of crap birthdays and shite, so I could easilly see him throwing that in as a sort of "she needs a dress". On the other hand, he's a political figure, I'd say there's a substantial chance that he knew about this visit.

I'm pretty 50/50 at the moment.

- Kira
Old 2005-12-20, 00:28   Link #5
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyWolf
Why did Sergey send her that dress? Did he know what was going to happen? I wonder...
Well, as Otomes in training they are expected to attend important functions as work-experience. Now that Arika jumped 29 places from 51, she is 22th place and high enough to be potential Pearl next year.

Arika didn't have any formal-wear, so Sergay was just being obervant... And also because Sunrise has been reading their "Daddy long legs" novel, and noticed how benefactors always spoil their charges.
Old 2005-12-20, 00:30   Link #6
LonelyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraDouji
I was kind of wondering myself. On the one hand, I can totally seeing him mailing that just because he wanted to. It seemed like that box was trying to make up for all 14/15 years of crap birthdays and shite, so I could easilly see him throwing that in as a sort of "she needs a dress". On the other hand, he's a political figure, I'd say there's a substantial chance that he knew about this visit.

I'm pretty 50/50 at the moment.

- Kira
He's the right hand of Nagi, so I'm betting that he's the one behind of all of this :-)
Old 2005-12-20, 00:32   Link #7
LonelyWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Well, as Otomes in training they are expected to attend important functions as work-experience. Now that Arika jumped 29 places from 51, she is 22th place and high enough to be potential Pearl next year.

Arika didn't have any formal-wear, so Sergay was just being obervant... And also because Sunrise has been reading their "Daddy long legs" novel, and noticed how benefactors always spoil their charges.
Niiiice one! I'm totally buying it, yes. We shouldn't always think there's an ulterior motive for certain things happening.
Old 2005-12-20, 00:34   Link #8
PuRpLe CryStaL
::Natsuki's FanGaL::

Send a message via Yahoo to PuRpLe CryStaL
Talking HaHa

I can't wait to see the screenshots by Omni Arika was asked to disguise as the Queen for the marriage interview and what about Nina? Did the previews for Episode 12 show what will Nina be doing for this week? I agree that Nina looks great with her hair down. In fact I would prefer she don't tie her hair Imagine Arika has to dance with Akira and Arika will end up stepping onto Akira's feet (like what she did to Irina during her exams) all the time Sergey bought Arika a dress perhaps he find our Antsy very tomboyish and needed a dress for a change I wonder will Sergey find out abt Arika taking the place of Mashiro for her bday celebration with Akira. That would be fun
Old 2005-12-20, 00:36   Link #9
USCPharmacist

did she jump 29 places or is she the 29th place? I am kind of confuse.

Anyway I don't know who's bright idea was to use Arika as the replacement as she doesn't even have the same hair color as Mashiro. Let's forget all those posters of the queen in the street, let say the prince actually is interested in "Mashiro", are they gonna force Arika to marry him? lol What if he found out that was a fraud? It could start war man!

If I were them, I'll try to get Manshiro from the manga to help out instead, I mean ZOMG he fooled Nagi
Old 2005-12-20, 00:41   Link #10
PuRpLe CryStaL
::Natsuki's FanGaL::

Send a message via Yahoo to PuRpLe CryStaL
Talking Nah

Nah. Arika was number 51 when she first joined the academy. But after the results for her recent exams were released, she was ranked 29th in position. That's a great jump!

Let me see :-\ it could be Aoi who suggested getting Arika to replace Mashiro as the matter of fact, Arika appears to be the one who gets along with Mashiro & is likely to help the Queen out
Old 2005-12-20, 00:45   Link #11
kazekiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
Anyway I don't know who's bright idea was to use Arika as the replacement as she doesn't even have the same hair color as Mashiro.
Possibly it's because Arika knows Mashiro better than anyone else they could have picked, even if she doesn't have a clue how to act like royalty. Alternatively, it could just be an excuse by Sunrise to stick her in a pink dress. As to the issue of all those Happy Birthday Mashiro! posters plastering the city, I think a lot of those are holographic and can just be turned off. Wouldn't want the guests to be suspicious now would we?
Old 2005-12-20, 01:21   Link #12
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazekiri
Possibly it's because Arika knows Mashiro better than anyone else they could have picked, even if she doesn't have a clue how to act like royalty.
Considering that Mashiro doesn't act like royalty either, that might be why they chose her.
Old 2005-12-20, 01:26   Link #13
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPrime
Considering that Mashiro doesn't act like royalty either, that might be why they chose her.

Perhaps...but they sure spoiled her rotten though.

--Lone Wolf 一匹狼
Old 2005-12-20, 03:07   Link #14
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuRpLe CryStaL
I agree that Nina looks great with her hair down. In fact I would prefer she don't tie her hair.
Dude, the hair is a psychological advantage! Its like wearing red, an advantage on the battlefield. Makes you seem more of a scary opponent in the mind of your assailant, even if they don't realize it consciously. I'd settle for this: when shes going to take people on and going to some formal occasion she can tie her hair up, otherwise, let it down.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of this episode, the preview didn't look too interesting. But I'm prepared to go into it with an open mind. After all, you can't take Sunrise's previews with anything less than a pinch of salt. I'll admit, neither Takumi nor Akira were my favourites in HiME, but its nice to see them back. I can't see Takumi doing anything 'bad', especially to a high ranking political figure such as Mashiro, his conscience would probably prevent him from doing so even if he tried. So, do people think that Akira is being one of those decoys, or has actually been brought up as a prince? Akira is Takumi's girl after all. Must be time for someone to take some sort of beating, right? We are a little delayed on that front. Not that I don't like the way it is at the moment. Then again, episode 13 is just the perfect one for that..
Old 2005-12-20, 04:46   Link #15
Boy Adoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuRpLe CryStaL
Nah. Arika was number 51 when she first joined the academy. But after the results for her recent exams were released, she was ranked 29th in position. That's a great jump!
The Doremi translation says she rose by 29 places, which would make her 22nd in ranking (up from 51). This also would ensure her survival to the Pearl class, as half of the Corals are eliminated after the first year. Not that I believe the plot will lead us into the second year...
Old 2005-12-20, 05:59   Link #16
Befgrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Adoru
The Doremi translation says she rose by 29 places, which would make her 22nd in ranking (up from 51). This also would ensure her survival to the Pearl class, as half of the Corals are eliminated after the first year. Not that I believe the plot will lead us into the second year...
Well, my japanese is far from perfect, but to me, it sounds as if they first say something like: "But isn't it great? Arika instantly rose up to the twenties!" and then Irina says (After Arika has shown some poor dining manners by talking with food in her mouth...) "really... why did she become number 29 again?"
Old 2005-12-20, 06:52   Link #17
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Y'know, I wouldn't put it past Nina to 'force' Arika to do the whole stand-in thing. Payback for earlier when she said not to mention anything to Sergey and then Arika blurts out that they were looking for the pocketwatch the entire time? ^^b
Old 2005-12-20, 11:15   Link #18
exslayer

aren't there like pictures of mashiro everywhere so i'm wondering how can they go through town without seeing one of these
Old 2005-12-20, 12:53   Link #19
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Befgrek
Well, my japanese is far from perfect, but to me, it sounds as if they first say something like: "But isn't it great? Arika instantly rose up to the twenties!" and then Irina says (After Arika has shown some poor dining manners by talking with food in her mouth...) "really... why did she become number 29 again?"
We really need Mentar's summaries to know for sure. I'm confused about this as well. My limited translation was that she went up 29 levels to be ranked at 22. But since there are conflicting translations, we need a native speaker to clarify. Lone Wolf, HELP!
Old 2005-12-20, 13:07   Link #20
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
We really need Mentar's summaries to know for sure. I'm confused about this as well. My limited translation was that she went up 29 levels to be ranked at 22. But since there are conflicting translations, we need a native speaker to clarify. Lone Wolf, HELP!
I'm at work right now but when I get home, I'll watch that episode and clearify. Sorry I can't do this sooner as I don't have the episode on me.

--Lone Wolf
Closed Thread