AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-24, 23:45   Link #101
Nerroth
NePoi!

Just checked out episode 6 - and that was well played.

Well played indeed!

For a while, I couldn't quite tell if parts of it were meant to be flashbacks or not, but I got the hang if it just in time.
Old 2009-05-26, 07:46   Link #102
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

For the first bit of episode 8, I felt things were moving rather slowly...but as it went on, I was drawn in further and further: into the mood, into the psychology of the people, into the nuances of feeling. Simple but deep.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 12:45   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
For the first bit of episode 8, I felt things were moving rather slowly...but as it went on, I was drawn in further and further: into the mood, into the psychology of the people, into the nuances of feeling. Simple but deep.
Episode 8?
Old 2009-05-26, 19:06   Link #104
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Episode 8?
There's never a TARDIS around when you need one.
Old 2009-06-02, 20:53   Link #105
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

I liked the Gigi centric episode. It's always the quiet ones who are the sharpest

Thing is, the way I read Nicoletta's final comment in ep5:

Spoiler:
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-25, 23:02   Link #106
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Finally, I caught up with the series This anime is definitely my favorite this season

See my coverage up to episode 10.

Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-26, 15:41   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

What a charming, beautiful last episode.

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Well i shall seriously say that this show was a shocker. I loved what i seen from the first two episodes, though i never thought i'd have these kind of feelings for the show. It's strong point was easily the writing, which in my opinion was outstanding. It never let down at all. Show easily gets a 9/10 from me.
Old 2009-06-26, 15:59   Link #108
Nerroth
NePoi!

I'm having trouble trying to watch eps 8 and on... sigh.
Old 2009-06-27, 22:08   Link #109
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

After watching ep 10, I just want to get a few of my thoughts in order.

This has been a great anime, there's no two ways about it. Its strength right from the beginning has been its mature take on relationships. These are relationships that are complicated because they come with history. There's no "first times" in any of this, which is kinda what we're used to in anime romances, but there's kinda a subtle point that, just because these characters have had relationships in the past, it doesn't make dealing with love and loss any less easy. It's followed a formula which has become increasingly popular within this genre, ie, following a set of different character stories, giving each character one episode (or thereabouts) to focus on their story, but the stories are connected at a superficial level, ie, the fact that all of these characters work together, and at a slightly deeper level, ie, that all of these characters have dealt with love and loss and found ways to balance their love life with their working life.

The characters themselves are great. They all have interesting backstories, but it wouldn't mean much if they didn't also have interesting personalities. They're down to earth people for the most part, but they also have quirks and slight eccentricities, so you never get the feeling you're just watching logical robots or distraught hystericals crippled by angst.

My only complaint is that sometimes the various characters' stories are a little too similar, and sometimes bleed into each other, making them difficult to discern. In ep 10 we see a comparison between Claudio, a divorcee still in love with his ex-wife, and Luciano, a widower also in love with his former wife. The comparison itself is certainly worth exploring by the anime, but it also shows that there are a lot of similarities between the other characters' stories, and sometimes it takes a bit of mental effort to try to remember who's a divorcee, who's a widower, who's into his second marriage, who's single, etc, etc. I think I would have liked to have seen a bit more distinction between each of the characters' stories, and, well, maybe more focus on fewer characters.

Nonetheless, this has been a great anime. It seems to have taken influence from others, but its approach to relationships makes it relatively unique within its genre. This is an anime for grown-ups, IMO.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 23:50   Link #110
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Episode 11 (End)

Spoiler:
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 08:21   Link #111
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Here's another vote of appreciation for this fine series. I especially like the fact that it had a solid conclusion. I found the animation a bit iffy at times, but the story and characterizations carried the day. It was also such a welcome change from the moe~ paradigm; just as in real life, some of the women were quite attractive and others much less so. (They also did a good job of making them look Italian, particularly Gabriella.) As for the men, well, I just wished I looked that good as I approach sixty!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 13:54   Link #112
Nerroth
NePoi!

Finally got to see the last few episodes.

Absolutely great show, and a fine ending... that could just as easily be a new beginning.
Old 2012-06-30, 00:41   Link #113
Nerroth
NePoi!

Apologies for the thread necro; but Ristorante Paradiso is set for a DVD release in North America later this year!

I imagine there'd be quite a toast at the casetta dell'orso if a certain result goes their way this Sunday...
Old 2016-04-29, 21:43   Link #114
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I just saw this series by chance yesterday. I started with the very last episode and worked my way back to episode one just to find out when Nicoletta fell for Claudio. Little did I know it was from the very beginning. The ending was very sweet (that it still haunts me) and nicely done. I'm not a big fan of the art but overall it was such a calming series. Lovely.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote