AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-01-09, 02:07   Link #2481
DragonXX

I heard on this thead that Gate novels series will be getting a new book is this still true and have a release date bet said?
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 02:23   Link #2482
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
I heard on this thead that Gate novels series will be getting a new book is this still true and have a release date bet said?
I believe it was stated that the new novel wouldn't show up until all the original novels have been split in half and given the light novel treatment. IIRC, they are about 5 light novels away from that.

TL;DR: I don't know.
Old 2016-01-09, 05:12   Link #2483
tuckersister

So where are they up to? I thought that already finished a couple years ago, I think around 2013.

I really wish there were small summaries of the volumes. Vol 3-5 are actually interesting. Read the translations for me take too long.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 05:23   Link #2484
RDNexus

What was first finished were the bulk novels, which have been now turned into LNs, by dividing each bulk novel into 2 LNs.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 05:27   Link #2485
tuckersister

The bulk novels were finished in 2011. On the Baka-Tsuki site, it says that the LNs (the splitted one) finished in 2013.

ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈1〉接触編〈上〉 (DEC 2012, ISBN 978-4-434-17474-2)
ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈1〉接触編〈下〉 (DEC 2012, ISBN 978-4-434-17475-9)
ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈2〉炎龍編〈上〉 (MAR 2013, ISBN 978-4-434-17702-6)
ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈2〉炎龍編〈下〉 (MAR 2013, ISBN 978-4-434-17703-3)
ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈3〉動乱編〈上〉 (JUN 2013, ISBN 978-4-434-17937-2)
ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈3〉動乱編〈下〉 (JUN 2013, ISBN 978-4-434-17938-9)
ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈4〉総撃編〈上〉 (SEP 2013, ISBN 978-4-434-18239-6)
ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈4〉総撃編〈下〉 (SEP 2013, ISBN 978-4-434-18240-2)
ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈5〉冥門編〈上〉 (DEC 2013, ISBN 978-4-434-18575-5)
ゲート―自衛隊 彼の地にて、斯く戦えり〈5〉冥門編〈下〉 (DEC 2013, ISBN 978-4-434-18576-2)

Also, is there any site that has short summaries of each volume?
Old 2016-01-09, 06:35   Link #2486
RDNexus

Ah, you were talking of Season1 only. There's been a Gaiden series of 5 bulk novels and 10 LNs that's almost over.
When that intermission series is done, is when the author will advance to Season2.
Old 2016-01-09, 09:02   Link #2487
tuckersister

I didn't think the Gaiden series would be included. I wonder why is the Gaiden novels are as huge as the regular novels. I wonder when Gaiden LN versions will be done. It shouldn't take too long.

So Season2 will probably start around next year.
Old 2016-01-10, 16:14   Link #2488
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Sorry for the long absence, I will post the last of volume 3 summary tomorrow, and maybe start on volume 4 if I have the time!
Old 2016-01-10, 16:26   Link #2489
RDNexus

Welcome back, it's good to have you around.
Bring it on! I'll be waiting for it
Old 2016-01-10, 18:01   Link #2490
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I didn't think the Gaiden series would be included. I wonder why is the Gaiden novels are as huge as the regular novels. I wonder when Gaiden LN versions will be done. It shouldn't take too long.
From what I understand the Gaiden series aren't quite as gaiden as the name would imply. They don't cover the main storyline of Japan's interactions with the Special Region (since the Gate is down during the timeframe they mostly cover), but they are predominantly a continuation of the overall story.

Also, there's a larger focus on the heroines, and you know how otaku are with their waifus...
Old 2016-01-10, 18:16   Link #2491
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Yeah, they're not really "gaiden", they are practically season 1.5
It's a different format than season one though, as each book focus on each of the heroine.
They take turns being the main heroine of the story basically.

As for when the LN Gaidens will be done, well, it's pretty much almost done.
All 4 main Gaiden books have Light Novel editions released, book 4 just came out.
In fact I just got them last week myself!

The only book left that's not released in LN (or bunko) format is Gaiden+, which is collection of shorter stories from various points in the chronology.
Gaiden book 4 was the last and latest as far as the story chronology goes.
Old 2016-01-10, 19:26   Link #2492
The 48th Ronin

Thanks, Chef Aohige.

Just a suggestion, how about compiling the summaries on one post?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 13:56   Link #2493
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Volume 3 part 1: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2349
Volume 3 part 2: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2382
Volume 3 part 3: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2401

Here's the end of Volume 3.

Spoiler:

Tyuule is twisted by her trauma and plots evil schemes, but I can't help but feel sorry for her...

Last edited by aohige; 2016-01-11 at 14:15.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-11, 19:05   Link #2494
DragonXX

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Volume 3 part 1: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2349
Volume 3 part 2: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2382
Volume 3 part 3: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2401

Here's the end of Volume 3.

Spoiler:

Tyuule is twisted by her trauma and plots evil schemes, but I can't help but feel sorry for her...
Here a question is a demi-goddess truely immoral or have there bet said away to kill them like for example if you throw then into the sun would they live or drop an Atom Bomb on then because if you look up what the Atom Bomb did it would destory every atom in there body and there be nothing to regeneration from I know the God and Goddess are immoral because they don't have a body but even they are beat about because that God of Calamity that was seal a way in the ground or each other could beat each other or The Ghostbusters because there just Spirit.
Old 2016-01-11, 20:21   Link #2495
tuckersister

I feel sorry Tyuule despite her personality. I really want to think there is still a shred of good in her left. I hope someone helps her. I really want to find her fate in Vol 4 and in any Gaiden volume.

Lelei is on the verge of making magic science a reality. She need to keep this for herself because the world be in total chaos.

I still think Itami and Rory should have a kid; maybe in Season2 part. The birth of the kid would done though "some other" method. Maybe a lock of hair from both of them. There are other ways to have kid in the other world.

Looking forward in reading Vol 4 summary soon.
Old 2016-01-12, 00:14   Link #2496
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Here a question is a demi-goddess truely immoral or have there bet said away to kill them like for example if you throw then into the sun would they live or drop an Atom Bomb on then because if you look up what the Atom Bomb did it would destory every atom in there body and there be nothing to regeneration from I know the God and Goddess are immoral because they don't have a body but even they are beat about because that God of Calamity that was seal a way in the ground or each other could beat each other or The Ghostbusters because there just Spirit.
Not much detail is revealed about how indestructible their existence is, but we do know that they can survive even if they are reduced to bits of cells. Annihilating every molecule in their body may kill them, but that is not feasible by Special District's technology, and frankly it would be very hard even by our standards. (otherwise near-eternal nuclear wastes wouldn't be such a problem for us )

The atomic bomb isn't called that because it destroys "every atom in your body". It's called an atomic bomb, because the explosion is triggered by massive influx of energy caused in the nuclear reaction of splitting an atom.

As a weapon the Atomic Bomb is simply a very high heat source, followed by radiation poisoning. Being in near vicinity of the impact can instantly vaporize an organic being, much like any other heat source of that magnitude. Most victims of the Atomic bomb did not evaporate however, they died from their flesh burning and decomposing of dead cells.

Also, apparently some demi-gods have died in the past by their master god taking away their godhood. If they deem them unworthy. This however may not apply to Wareharun, as she achieved demi-godhood all on her own evolution and serves no god in particular.

Last edited by aohige; 2016-01-12 at 00:25.
Old 2016-01-12, 01:20   Link #2497
DragonXX

Quote:
Not much detail is revealed about how indestructible their existence is, but we do know that they can survive even if they are reduced to bits of cells. Annihilating every molecule in their body may kill them, but that is not feasible by Special District's technology, and frankly it would be very hard even by our standards. (otherwise near-eternal nuclear wastes wouldn't be such a problem for us )

The atomic bomb isn't called that because it destroys "every atom in your body". It's called an atomic bomb, because the explosion is triggered by massive influx of energy caused in the nuclear reaction of splitting an atom.

As a weapon the Atomic Bomb is simply a very high heat source, followed by radiation poisoning. Being in near vicinity of the impact can instantly vaporize an organic being, much like any other heat source of that magnitude. Most victims of the Atomic bomb did not evaporate however, they died from their flesh burning and decomposing of dead cells.

Also, apparently some demi-gods have died in the past by their master god taking away their godhood. If they deem them unworthy. This however may not apply to Wareharun, as she achieved demi-godhood all on her own evolution and serves no god in particular.
I was trying to say instantly vaporize by Atom Bomb that left only a black outline of where the person was standing.

Thank you for the info but how immoral the demi-goddess being could be a good plot point for the books season 2 because our World have the Crazy Reilgion people which would be in rage by any being calling themself God or Demi-God who isn't there God so seeing those people trying to kill Demi-God to prove there not chosen by God or proving the one who give them there power are not Gods by killing these immorals.

That was something I wanted to see in season 1 of books, a Reilgion invasion by Earth and what the Gods of The Other World would do if Earth try that because Reilgion invasion have happen in Earth's history.
Old 2016-01-12, 01:24   Link #2498
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Not to nitpick, but vaporization is a shifting of state, not destruction of an atom.
Destroying atoms is very, very hard.

Atomic bombs are not anti-matter weapons.

You mean "immortal" and not immoral, right? Unless you're talking about doujins of hentai goddesses.
Also "religious warfare" only exists in pretext, most conflict are actually over resource, economical, and territorial driven. There hasn't been any real religious warfare in the modern day, why would you think there would be a major one over this?

Last edited by aohige; 2016-01-12 at 01:37.
Old 2016-01-12, 16:36   Link #2499
meggindo

Lol... speaking shipping...

While I ship for ItamiXRory I also shipbfor ItamiXLelei...
Poor Lelei for she couldn't enjoy her first kiss because she was sick... I bet she want to ask about her kiss but lost her chance... By the way is it just me or the existence of Tuka become more thin??? And isn't there a web novel version of this series can someone tell me where to find it??
meggindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-12, 18:27   Link #2500
DragonXX

Quote:
Not to nitpick, but vaporization is a shifting of state, not destruction of an atom.
Destroying atoms is very, very hard.

Atomic bombs are not anti-matter weapons.

You mean "immortal" and not immoral, right? Unless you're talking about doujins of hentai goddesses.
Also "religious warfare" only exists in pretext, most conflict are actually over resource, economical, and territorial driven. There hasn't been any real religious warfare in the modern day, why would you think there would be a major one over this?
Because even in real life we are having problem which ISIS which is Crazy Reilgions people who have distortion there believe but everything else you said is right and maybe not Reilgions warfare but different Reilgion trying to get this new world people to believe what they believe, by trying to get missionaries to go there.

Ps. I have problem which English so trying to not use big word which are hard to remember is something I do unless someone else write the words first and use of Google

Tags
fantasy, harem, military science fiction