Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-16, 15:33   Link #1
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
How strong is Yoruichi?

I'm just wondering. It was mentioned that Yoruichi and Uruhara where Soul Societys strongest. Would that mean she is as strong or stronger then Aizen?

Much like Uruhara, she does not seem to be serious so far with fighting, with the exception of that fight with Yami. She only used her punches and kicks but she did not seem to be holding back. So who would be as strong as her?

Uruhara?
Aizen?
Old 2006-07-16, 18:07   Link #2
rukia82

good quesition! I remember that she said that she couldn't beat Byakuya (even if she is faster) but that is probably cause she was not in shape (after 100 years :P)

probably she is as strong as Ukitake and shunsui ...since they are the oldest capt after the first
Old 2006-07-17, 00:58   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Yoroichi's fight against Soi Fong made it clear that she didn't get out of shape in the last 100 years. It surprised Soi Fong, so we can assume it is true. She is no weaker than she used to be.

Of course, I can't be certain that she really can't beat Byakuya. We only know that because she said it. It is possible that she just made that excuse because she wanted Ichigo to train to defeat Byakuya. Personally I believe that Byakuya is stronger, but I wanted to point out that this argument could be made.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-17, 01:09   Link #4
Arti

After she ran away from Byakuya, didn't she say something like "My shunpo isn't as fast/far as it used to be"?
Old 2006-07-17, 01:45   Link #5
Tigryn

It's impossible to guess due to lack of information. So far, we've seen that even without a zanpakuto, she's capible of holding her own against an espada (Yammy). Admittedly, she came out of that encounter in pretty bad shape, but as i recall, she didn't use shunko in that battle, which would probably have increased her combat ability considerably.

This brings up another point: we still haven't seen her zanpakuto's shikai or bankai, and only got a couple glimpses of the zanpakuto itself. Since we are then unable to guess at the zanpakuto's combat ability, there is another unknown.

In addition, she and Urahara were also known as Soul Society's strongest duo, but that doesn't necessarily mean that individually, they were the best. It could just be that they were very coordinated, and that their abilities meshed well. If this is the case, then while they would be unbeatable when together, alone, they'd be much easier to defeat.

As for the Byakuya (non) fight, she was unarmed (which may or may not be a factor, given her ability with shunko), somewhat out of practice (the "shunpo isn't what it used to be" comment), and had a large number of targets to defend (Ichigo was out, Ganju was almost dead, Hanataro's useless in a fight, and Rukia was powerless). It also depends on the criteria for "defeat." While on the surface, it seems simple - beating your opponent into the ground - given that she and Urahara were counting on everyone to get Rukia out, and as such, needed everyone alive, it could have also meant "cannot defeat without significant losses."

Also, as has been stated in other threads, Bleach doesn't (yet) operate on the theory of raw power. It could just be that her abilities would be a poor match against Byakuya and Senbonzakura.

However, all these hypotheticals return us to where we began: it's impossible to even guess at her strength without much more information than we currently have.
Old 2006-07-17, 01:53   Link #6
I love waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigryn
This brings up another point: we still haven't seen her zanpakuto's shikai or bankai, and only got a couple glimpses of the zanpakuto itself.
In what chapter(s)?
Old 2006-07-17, 01:57   Link #7
Tigryn

I remember seeing her with a short blade, but I don't remember where. It might have been in the anime though...

Sorry.
Old 2006-07-17, 02:10   Link #8
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigryn
I remember seeing her with a short blade, but I don't remember where. It might have been in the anime though...

Sorry.
I don't recall which episode, but we saw the short sword in a sheath at her waist when we were watching a very brief flash back of her training with Urahara in their youth. It was in both anime and manga.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-17, 02:19   Link #9
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yoruichi carries a zanapkuto resembling a Kodachi or Wakizashi short sword. It is shown in ep 57 when she and Shaolin Fong (Soi ) while training or on a mission indulge in a battle with a hollow

Her znapakuto is 1st shown in ep 47 as NoSanninWa had said in the above post

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-07-17 at 02:39.
Old 2006-07-17, 06:42   Link #10
Cooldude

She's possibly above most captains, but not Byakuya, and probably no Zaraki
Old 2006-07-17, 13:10   Link #11
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I guess since it's more about skills than strenght than threads like this won't be discussed so lively like Naruto's ones XD
Old 2006-07-17, 13:52   Link #12
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

I'm wondering if Ichigo with his bankai is faster than Yoruichi..... She already is fast but with the fight against byukuya ichigo showed some amazing speed. That why I wonder who of them is faster
Old 2006-07-17, 17:44   Link #13
yuchan

I've always been curious as well. She's obviously a captain level fighter. But who knows how she'd do against a bankai. Her shunko is strong but i don't think enough to go against someones bankai. We'll just have to see until she fights again, which i'm sure will happen.
Old 2006-07-17, 19:32   Link #14
Varis
Composed Eccentric

umm what's this talk about Byakuya being stronger. She mentioned that he HAS NOT EVEN ONCE WON AGAINST HER. He was never able to beat her in the past. That was when she "abducted" Ichigo from the first Ichigo vs Byakuya encounter.
Old 2006-07-18, 00:08   Link #15
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

She was speaking specifically, that he never beat her speed. She also said that she couldn't defeat him in battle, but Ichigo would in three days time.

Old 2006-07-18, 04:21   Link #16
Shin_Battousai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis
umm what's this talk about Byakuya being stronger. She mentioned that he HAS NOT EVEN ONCE WON AGAINST HER. He was never able to beat her in the past. That was when she "abducted" Ichigo from the first Ichigo vs Byakuya encounter.
You know a game of tag(that is what NoSanninWa is referring to) is a lot different than a real fight
Old 2006-07-18, 12:17   Link #17
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Battousai
You know a game of tag(that is what NoSanninWa is referring to) is a lot different than a real fight
I remember it being a referrences on a tournament or some kind of contest. Byakuya wanted another go but Yoruichi was really only there to get Ichigo out of there.
Old 2006-08-15, 12:10   Link #18
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

i personally think that yoruichi's really strong, or she used to be really strong... she can still fight at a captain level even with 100 years of lack of pratice. she complains that she gets tired after 100 or 200 flash steps which she considers unusual. she prolly said that she cannot fight byakuya because of lack of training/ practice.

and we haven't even seen her fight with a zanpakutou and kidou (except in her fight w/ sui fong but that's her original kidou)...

i bet urahara is just as strong...
Old 2007-06-23, 00:42   Link #19
KOJI13

yoruichi is definetly captian level but she has not fought seriosly yet
Old 2007-06-23, 18:37   Link #20
UnderscoreX
The Post Whisperer..Shhh!

From what we've seen everybody rates her too highly. She claims to be weaker than Byakuya (Probably not if she goes all out with shunku etc) she injured herself bad enough to be wrapped in bandages from attacking Yami (Who Bankai Ichigo could defeat quite easily) and then after her little exchange with Yami she needed Urahara to deflect his Cero.
Verdict - Above average Captain at best, below the likes Ukitake and Shunsui
Closed Thread