AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-29, 10:33   Link #61
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
This episode shows that we need more Tsuruya!
Old 2006-05-29, 11:14   Link #62
steelbound
Yuki-ism

I gave it a 10/10 even though I understood none of the dialogue but the ending was perfect. (The ending being the only thing left that could mess this series up.) The Yuki part was long but it was interesting to see when she's alone she has no secret activities/personality.
Old 2006-05-29, 11:15   Link #63
Alu
Guide my hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX
This episode shows that we need more Tsuruya!
Rong, rong, rong
I have not seen this episode it yet, but definitly if there is one character this anime needs to show more is Asakura
Hence I am actualy Very happy that they finaly after this one will show the episodes in which well.., she makes a great impact in the series ^^
Old 2006-05-29, 12:17   Link #64
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think the bits and pieces we have got from Sushi-Y and The Last Guardian show that there is more to that three minutes than just Yuki sitting there reading. Even not being able to catch most of what was being said (I thought they were practicing a drama or something), the mere tones of voice were funny, especially in contrast to Yuki sitting there.

And I felt a sort of tension all the way through it, because I expected Kyon or Haruhi to come bursting in the door at any moment. I think things about that three minutes -- the lack of anything happening and the tension and the weird dissociation of the voices vs. Yuki -- helped set up a mood that made the final sequences between Kyon and Haruhi more effective. Which they certainly were. Art, art, art.

I've seen a couple of early Chinese subs (BTPig and Kiss), but neither one translated the voices from the radio.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-05-29, 13:08   Link #65
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I can only catch the Rose of Versailles reference in the radio broadcast... other than the warmup. I know that the lines are actually paying homage to other works though...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-29, 13:34   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
for the novel readers:
Spoiler:

I don't think thats it, I think its a simpler explanation of she realizes she's got good friends who care about her safety and well-being for possibly the first time in her life, and I guess she realizes she feels the same. I never got the impression it was a closed space, because there were lots of other people around, the sky was there and there was colour in the world. Just crappy weather and a Haruhi who is finally happy to have friends.
Old 2006-05-29, 13:37   Link #67
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I see it as somewhere inbetween the 2 views. She exerts as much influence as the others in shaping this reality...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-05-29, 14:17   Link #68
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

I don't think its as much a new reality as it is a new beginning for the characters and their relationship with each other, a prelude to a second season maybe. You'll notice that Kyon and Itsuki were getting along fairly well too, which isn't usually the case due to Kyon's dislike of him. And yes she did make the effort in creating this new beginning by reaching out to the characters and showing her true feelings for the first time so far in the series. I don't see why people are confusing new reality with new beginning for the SOS Dan, its such a familiar tool in finishing a story on a good note that it should be immediately recognizable. Unless of course some people opted not to take courses in literature and creative writing.
Old 2006-05-29, 15:23   Link #69
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
NooooOoOOOoooooOoo! YUUUUUKKIII MOVE YOUR HEEEAADD!!!

LOLOLOLOLKOLOOLOL!! ARRGGHH!!
Old 2006-05-29, 16:40   Link #70
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
I don't think its as much a new reality as it is a new beginning for the characters and their relationship with each other, a prelude to a second season maybe. You'll notice that Kyon and Itsuki were getting along fairly well too, which isn't usually the case due to Kyon's dislike of him. And yes she did make the effort in creating this new beginning by reaching out to the characters and showing her true feelings for the first time so far in the series. I don't see why people are confusing new reality with new beginning for the SOS Dan, its such a familiar tool in finishing a story on a good note that it should be immediately recognizable. Unless of course some people opted not to take courses in literature and creative writing.
sheesh! you do realize that most people are simply accustomed to the western style of scriptwriting in which season finales simply must end with cliffhangers and unanswered questions...that's just the normal way of doing things simply because it gives people a lot of reason to come back to the show when the next season starts..but meh yeah asian storywriting is a lot different
Old 2006-05-29, 17:42   Link #71
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I gave 10, the last 3 minutes is more than enough for me to give a 10.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-05-29, 20:52   Link #72
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
um...the last part of that spoiler was merely a jab at haruhi being considered as a deity figure by the majority of the SOS 団 rather than a serious contemplation of the situation so no need to be biting heads off there. Hell I'm much more interested in the environmental parallels drawn between this episode and the
Spoiler:

@AE: indeed, there are many people accustomed to a cliffhanger style of conclusion, a method that usually personally has me cringing in dismay. For me it's really good to see a show that has potential for a second season put a sense of finality in its supposed "last episode"
Old 2006-05-29, 21:47   Link #73
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
um...the last part of that spoiler was merely a jab at haruhi being considered as a deity figure by the majority of the SOS 団 rather than a serious contemplation of the situation so no need to be biting heads off there. Hell I'm much more interested in the environmental parallels drawn between this episode and the
Spoiler:

@AE: indeed, there are many people accustomed to a cliffhanger style of conclusion, a method that usually personally has me cringing in dismay. For me it's really good to see a show that has potential for a second season put a sense of finality in its supposed "last episode"
meh that's a matter of personal preference...and mine is the cliffhanger/new questions exposed in the season finale that are left unanswered
Old 2006-05-29, 22:45   Link #74
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Spoiler:

Ok I think I get what your saying now. Sorry, sometimes I have difficulty telling when people are proposing a serious theory or just making a joke. I didn't notice the grin symbol as it was a line lower so I didn't get the hint that it was a joke. I took a debating course in University that I really enjoyed and it ignited a passion for debate in me. Thus, when I see an argument I think is weak I tend to pounce without considering whether a person is kidding. Although honestly some people here you really just don't know if they are being serious or not. It's that damn Haruhism again, Haruhiist's are crazy .
Old 2006-05-29, 23:44   Link #75
秋水伊人

it is sonw though , i feel warm

haruhi shows her feeling to Kyon ,though it is not so clear

haruhi is so cute , at that moment she was not a kook , just be a girl
Old 2006-05-30, 01:08   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

After sitting through all the american broadcast television season finale "cliffhangers" (each more irritatingly ridiculous than the last).... a season ender like this would be refreshing....

of course, I actually failed to sit through most of them because I got too exasperated at the plot holes and weak development.... it made Soul Link look Shakespearean in comparison (even the few shows I like went "ratings stupid nutso").

The exceptionally lovely subtlety of this episode is just beautiful. Anxiously awaiting the sub to check my guesses at the dialog.
Old 2006-05-30, 04:29   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 秋水伊人
it is sonw though , i feel warm

haruhi shows her feeling to Kyon ,though it is not so clear

haruhi is so cute , at that moment she was not a kook , just be a girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
After sitting through all the american broadcast television season finale "cliffhangers" (each more irritatingly ridiculous than the last).... a season ender like this would be refreshing....

of course, I actually failed to sit through most of them because I got too exasperated at the plot holes and weak development.... it made Soul Link look Shakespearean in comparison (even the few shows I like went "ratings stupid nutso").

The exceptionally lovely subtlety of this episode is just beautiful. Anxiously awaiting the sub to check my guesses at the dialog.
Amen to both these posts, it made me feel warm to and I am a self described Ice Man when it comes to feeling emotion. Also Vexx, were the American Network Season Finales actually that retarded as to all finish on cliffhangers (are they that out of touch with logic, reason and not having hack writing). Well there's a reason I deliberately avoid network television, and I'm going to just keep on doing it.
Old 2006-05-30, 06:49   Link #78
秋水伊人

Quote:
Amen to both these posts, it made me feel warm to and I am a self described Ice Man when it comes to feeling emotion. Also Vexx, were the American Network Season Finales actually that retarded as to all finish on cliffhangers (are they that out of touch with logic, reason and not having hack writing). Well there's a reason I deliberately avoid network television, and I'm going to just keep on doing it.

Americans have too much cliffhangers? maybe that's right

"self described Ice Man when it comes to feeling emotion ...." well i think people should have more sensation to live .

feeling is the most important A successful anime is the one that can inspire pople (it's my personal view) ,at this point , episode 9 is good
Old 2006-05-30, 10:25   Link #79
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Found this in another forum...
Reference to the background noise for when Nagato is reading:

(発声练习の定番セリフ)
Spoiler for what's said in the episode::

Furuhata Ninzaburo (古畑任三郎)

PANEL QUIZ ATTACK 25(パネルクイズアタック25)

Glass Mask(ガラスの仮面)

(分からず。「天ザル」は「天山」「天丼」かも)

(少年A)

Trick(トリック)

Detective Conan(名探侦コナン)

(水戸黄门)

(ベルサイユのばら)

(穴」の部分が良く闻き取れないので分からず)

(ゲームかアニメの决めゼリフっぽいのだが、当てはまりそうで、思い浮かばず)

Just direct copy and paste with some editing...don't blame me if I'm wrong...
And someone mentioned that the idea of Nagato sitting still reading with noise in background comes from evagellion, is that true?(I havn't watched evagellion)
Old 2006-05-30, 14:24   Link #80
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by 秋水伊人
Americans have too much cliffhangers? maybe that's right

"self described Ice Man when it comes to feeling emotion ...." well i think people should have more sensation to live .

feeling is the most important A successful anime is the one that can inspire pople (it's my personal view) ,at this point , episode 9 is good
Actually, it hasn't been a major problem til this year ... in past years, one or two american network series would have a cliff hanger and it was tolerable. This year it got completely out of hand - I think I counted over 10 prime time cliffhanger endings. And most involved some seriously pathetic writing. One show involved a courtroom hostage situation that failed so many reality checkpoints I only lasted 15 minutes into it. May is an audience ratings month and you can usually tell because the "boobage", juvenile T&A, ultra-violence, and "will we kill your favorite character" factor skyrockets ("a very special Kids-in-Iraq", "an episode of Martian ER you can't miss, one of the staff will die", "we're screwing with the player's minds by changing the rules on Reality Island Race Cooking Singer Idol Attack")

The lamest episode of Suzumiya just slaps the hell out of my viewing alternatives this month.