AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-18, 18:22   Link #1
viperx116

New anime

New as in released in 08. The only anime I'm watching right now is Code Geass R2 and don't know what else to what. I don't really care about genre as long as it's good.
Old 2008-04-18, 18:29   Link #2
Westlo
Lets be reality

Macross Frontier
Kure-nai
Soul Eater
Old 2008-04-18, 18:45   Link #3
jedinat

Base on my first impressions, here is a tentative ranking of this season, excluding those I've already dropped:
Kurenai
Macross Frontier
The Daughter of Twenty Faces
xxxHOLiC Kei
Allison and Lillia
Itazura na Kiss
Soul Eater
Amatsuki
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Nabari no Ou
Kamen no Maid Guy
Zettai Karen Children
Vampire Knight
Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Golgo 13
Crystal Blaze
(I never even gave S2 of Code Geass a look, since I dropped the first season a couple eps beore its completion)
Old 2008-04-18, 18:48   Link #4
Omfgbbqwtf

Itazura na Kiss - shoujo anime. hm.. unique male characters and a very likeable female lead.
Kure-nai - good start so far, so you should give it a shot
Chi's Sweet Home - Kids show, not much to say (episode length is about 3 min only)
Vampire Knight - Great manga recently adept into an anime. It has a lot of potential, but it might turn into a total disaster too. Only 2 episodes came out so far, so give it a shot.
Old 2008-04-18, 20:27   Link #5
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperx116 View Post
I don't really care about genre as long as it's good.
Thanks for being specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Base on my first impressions, here is a tentative ranking of this season, excluding those I've already dropped:
Kurenai
Macross Frontier
The Daughter of Twenty Faces
xxxHOLiC Kei
Allison and Lillia
Itazura na Kiss
Soul Eater
Amatsuki
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Nabari no Ou
Kamen no Maid Guy <--
Zettai Karen Children
Vampire Knight <-- wow.
Wagaya no Oinari-sama
Golgo 13
Crystal Blaze
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
(I never even gave S2 of Code Geass a look, since I dropped the first season a couple eps beore its completion)
Good call. If you didn't like it up until then, the last couple of episodes would have made you kill yourself.

Turns out there was also a whole Winter Season before Spring, too, but I guess no one remembered.

Notable series:
Shigofumi
True Tears
Hatenkou Yuugi
Spice and Wolf
Old 2008-04-18, 20:32   Link #6
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Based on this season, only Allison & Lillia, Kure-nai, and Code Geass R2 (which you're already watching) are in my "very good" list, 7-10/10, so you might want to start there.
Old 2008-04-18, 20:53   Link #7
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

As far as romance anime goes for spring '08, so far after the 1st two episodes, Itazura na Kiss is much more enjoyable to watch than Vampire Knight and Special A. I judge them as animes base on the 1st two episode regardless of how popular and exciting the mangas are.

Code Geass don't even need to be mention since if you watch the 1st season most will know what to do, and for those that haven't, check out season1 for your own decision.

Soul Eater is a blast to watch. The art direction with the flow of the story match perfectly.

Nabari no Ou has a good premise and definitely one to check up on if you like ninja shounen, but I feel a sense of yaoi/shounen-ai emanating from it.

xxxHolic always got a good flavor for my taste.

Zettai Karen Children is wacky silly stupid funny.

Amatsuki seems very interesting but I never read the manga so I hope it has a good storyline. A lot of people complain that it was a bit slow and it is in the 1st episode.

Macross might be the best robot show of the season (minus Code Geass). Of course if you are a mecha fan you are probably up on this since they pre-aired the 1st epsiode in 2007. (o yea Code Geass is still my top show but I watch it for the plot, story, and of course Lelouch ^^ not for the mecha content)

Blassreiter is sorta excessive eye candy if you dig that kind of stuff. 1st episode is above adverage.

I rank Kanokon and To Love-Ru in the same vein as Rosario + Vampire.

Kure-nai is one of those animes that will absorb a lot of viewers with its unique approach and originality. I hope it actually is interesting and not just attempting to be different with convoluted story that trys too hard.

Wagaya no Oinara-sama seems interesting enough. I love fantasys and myths so most stories revolving around a fox deity gets my attention.

Kamen no Maid Guy looks like another stupid funny show, i'll stay on it out cuz the maid guy seems insane enough to make a good cheap laugh.

Golgo 13 is from a super old manga older than me that is still running, got to check that out.

Bus Gamer looks like good action, I droped it cuz something has to be cut from my watch list. Can't watch them all cuz not everything fits my taste.

Glass Maiden or Crystal Blaze? or what ever the name is, anyways the anime seems adverage but still they caught me with the old trick - what the hell is this about.

Some other spring '08 animes I didn't check out and don't know if I need to, got a handfull already. You might want to check them out though.

On a side note, I don't see any super drama for this season - i'm talking about tear jerkers like KgNE and HnTgN.

Last edited by bbduece; 2008-04-20 at 20:46.
Old 2008-04-20, 11:07   Link #8
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
As far as romance anime goes for spring '08, so far after the 1st two episodes, Itazura na Kiss is much more enjoyable to watch than Vampire Knight and Special A. I judge them as animes base on the 1st two episode regardless of how popular and exciting the mangas are.

Macross might be the best robot show of the season (minus Code Geass). Of course if you are a mecha fan you are probably up on this since they pre-aired the 1st epsiode in 2007. (o yea Code Geass is still my top show but I watch it for the plot, story, and of course Lelouch ^^ not for the mecha content)
It wouldn't surprise me if the romance in Macross is better than VK (manga is unfinished, I'm expecting an open ending) and S.A (lead is really, really, really, really dense), the original Macross has one of my fav triangles in anime period.
Old 2008-04-20, 18:31   Link #9
blewin

I second Kure-nai. It's dark and mysterious, but has some lighthearted moments too. The animation is fluid and kind of different. Realistic in a way. I think it has potential.
Old 2008-04-20, 19:44   Link #10
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
Code GEASS R2 and Mnemosyne so far...
maybe xxxHolic kei if u liked xxxholic.
Old 2008-04-20, 19:54   Link #11
paket12

Monochrome factor
Old 2008-04-20, 20:30   Link #12
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by paket12 View Post
Monochrome factor
Only if you can stomach yaoi.

Kaiba looks really interesting. I never tried to find out anything about the anime airing this season, so everything that shows up on Tokyo Toshokan is a surprise. Kaiba and RD Sennou Chousashitsu showed up today. I'm not sure what to think about the latter.
Old 2008-04-20, 20:45   Link #13
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Kaiba is kinda wierd but thats what i thought when i 1st watched Kemonozume and to my surprise it is a superb drama.
Old 2008-04-21, 10:55   Link #14
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Real Drive is another new one, who's first subbed episode was just released.

Special A and Soul Eater have grown on me, slowly drawing me in. Wagaya no Oinara-sama has my interest, especially after episode 3! Whack-a-mole FTW! I prefer my fox spirits to be in this sort of anime, as opposed to the over-the-top ecchi-fest of Kanokon

XXXHolic-Kei is just a continuation of XXXHolic, so I knew I would like it, and it hasn't disappointed.

The series that has my attention the most though, is Allison and Lillia, which looks to be a thoroughly enjoyable young person's adventure series.
Closed Thread