AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-13, 21:18   Link #161
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
The bathroom scene and how it was considered a mini ocean was cute.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 03:14   Link #162
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
As far as the mother goes...Yea I don't trust Anime to portray most anime mothers at their actual age...One thing I would bring up is if she really is her mother how come she couldn't also be the priestess since she carries the same lineage and her daughter seemed extremely disinterested other then for plot reasons...Or that their really is a cosmic limitation on age for Magic "girls".
She lacks the evil aura necessary to summon the flames from hades. =P
Old 2009-07-14, 22:26   Link #163
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
She lacks the evil aura necessary to summon the flames from hades. =P
Mmm true true...I wonder if she's actually going to get to burn anything to a crisp before miss loves the world saves it...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 16:28   Link #164
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 19:19   Link #165
strategos

Is this some kind of little mermaid?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 19:23   Link #166
Midonin
Last Engage

Stomping pirate skeletons and hunting for treasure. A story straight out of pulp fiction, and all in a day's work for our heroines.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 12:46   Link #167
ThoHell

Marin, who supposedly is open and concerned about others, seems to fail to see how Urin is unhappy. Taking things closet to you for granted?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 03:11   Link #168
klare

im afraid at the end of every eps, the 2 girls will transform and purify some sea creatures that turned evil, then the final eps is to fight the evil queen herself

will decide after eps 4 to continue with the series or not
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 22:06   Link #169
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I do agree that Umi Monogatari follows the formulaic conventions of many magic-girl shows, the girls transforms to fight the evil denizens and then blast or purify them. However, this particular shows goes beyond that.

I paid special attention at how episode three unfolded:
Spoiler:

Personally, I find Umi Monogatari proposal far more engaging and friendly to approach.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-21, 02:59   Link #170
klare

there may be some extra twists after seeing the look on Urin's face in eps 4
Old 2009-07-21, 07:08   Link #171
Sol Falling

The OP and ED are hypnotic. Very well done. The scene with Urin crying in the ED especially jumps out at me for how well it conveys an emotion and narrative outside the sorta 'this is the ED' scope of things, at the same time being enhanced by it.

Iunno. Maybe I'm stating the obvious? Maybe that one scene isn't really worth paying any particular attention to? But that shot of Urin's tears really touches me. Genuine, pure empathy towards genuine, pure tragedy. It is a story taking a certain path, and indeed Urin stomped and yelled when it didn't go the wayshe wanted it to, but in the end she still got so absorbed into the world of the narrative that all she could do was cry. Those are tears of something being lost. But then it makes Marin's smile at the end so beautiful. I can't really say I know what she is saying, but it paints a picture in my mind. The contrast between tears and a smile, about a story which has very obviously touched someone's life. There is some sort of meaning there, an essence of happiness which made the whole ordeal worthwhile; so through all the tears and struggle and sacrifice, the story is ultimately one of triumph. Just through that short series of images and music, that is the emotion the ED is able to communicate. I'm really astounded.

:P Iunno. As for the OP, it just kinda gives me the feeling that I want it to keep going and maybe skip the show proper altogether. lol.

I'm just talking about these now (after 3-4 episodes) 'cause the actual content has been less consistently compelling. Iunno. The fights already seem disappointingly generic. The characterization, while not shallow, is a little rough in execution. The deliberate appeals to my sense of cuteness make me feel a little awkward. It's all just less solid than the music. So admittedly, the OP/ED are what're keeping me watching. But, it rather seems that they will keep me watching for a long time. I'd probably say this is a good show. o_O
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 15:51   Link #172
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Urin-chan... (ノдT)

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 02:03   Link #173
ThoHell

O_O..... evil older sister! Ouch....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 19:20   Link #174
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Does anyone know where to find any sites that are still blogging this? The sites I usually visit have stopped at episode 3 and it would be nice to read summaries and screens again. Let me make this clear, I am NOT asking for downloads.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 22:29   Link #175
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I was about to drop this show, but ep4 rescued it for me. A little more ARIA-like. And with some more interesting development of the relationships.
Spoiler for ep4:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-07-23 at 23:10.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 11:22   Link #176
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

It's really sad that this show isn't being subbed :'( It's not great but it certainly does deserve a few more fans than it has right now.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 11:26   Link #177
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2009-07-27, 06:03   Link #178
klare

its already eps 5 and i am still watching... the characters are too cute to let go haha

oh i was wrong about the typical formula in every eps, eps 5 is a bit different
Old 2009-07-27, 06:22   Link #179
FireChick

Uhh...something's bothering me. Why hasn't there been subs of this since episode 3?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-27, 12:07   Link #180
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy