AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-10-19, 07:43   Link #341
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Things are getting pretty bad now. Those Pacifista are tough just on their own. Adding in the strength that the Navy already has and it's a pretty horrifying situation. Their only hope now is to quickly rescue Ace and then quickly retreat.

Damn that Squardo though. Figures right before Whitebeard is about to jump into the fray he gets attacked like that. Of course someone that powerful isn't going to die from a stab through the middle. Although I can understand the reasons behind it. Squardo and the other crews are being used as a barrier to slow down the Pacifista.

I think Sengoku could just continue with the plan as it is. Buggy isn't really showing anything important with his camera footage. Heck if he stays on there too long people will probably just shoot the screen and hope the other feeds go up .
Old 2010-10-19, 15:43   Link #342
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I knew the 13th OP (One Day) was my easily my favorite from the lot of them, and listening to the full version of the song just reinforces that opinion. Seriously, what a song.
Old 2010-10-23, 21:59   Link #343
hero147

And now the world's strongest man shall join into the fray. I'm very excited for next week! Can't wait!
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-23, 23:05   Link #344
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Slow episode, but not surprising. I figured they'd draw out this part. Next week Whitebeard joins the battle. Ass will be kicked.
Old 2010-10-24, 01:53   Link #345
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Stupid Squard, wasting the whole episode on his crying. He'll probably be crying in the next one too.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 03:23   Link #346
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Stupid Squard, wasting the whole episode on his crying. He'll probably be crying in the next one too.
I'm more hoping he's served his story purpose and will mostly just disappear now. I just can't get over how easily he bought this whole plan. Sure, they specifically picked Squard because he had the most against Gold Roger. They also well plotted out this plan to create some serious doubt given that the PX cyborgs weren't attacking the Whitebeard Pirates.

Given all that. Why was Squard so willing to believe Akainu? That trusting baby face of his?

I kind of suspect that it was Whitebeard that gave Crocodile that facial scar he's always seen to have.

I wrote my full thoughts in my review on Anime Vice
One Piece Episode 472 Review
Old 2010-10-24, 05:01   Link #347
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Personally i found the pacing of the episode helped added more effect to the current events, especially during the second half where Whitebeard's dialogue took control of the episode. Along with great music placement.

We need the preview for next weeks episode, now.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:15   Link #348
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The preview looks AWESOME. That's one episode I'll have to watch.
Old 2010-10-24, 11:49   Link #349
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Manly tears.
Old 2010-10-24, 16:19   Link #350
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The preview looks AWESOME. That's one episode I'll have to watch.
Oh wow the animation is off the charts. Just what i like to see for such a Whitebeard focused episode.
Old 2010-10-24, 18:16   Link #351
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

This episode was good. Pacing was slow but expected--they want to devote a full episode to Whitebeard's onslaught. I'm really looking forward to any filler battle scenes they add next episode, an entire episode of Whitebeard fighting would be sweet.
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 19:08   Link #352
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Oh wow the animation is off the charts. Just what i like to see for such a Whitebeard focused episode.
I've been kind of annoyed about how much animation has been recycled this arc, but I'm hoping it's because they were saving time and money on the big, epic moments such as these.

I watched the FUNimation subtitled version of this episode. It was silly how they translated "oyassan" as "old buddy". That implies the Whitebeard allies look to him as an equal. They all revere him as a father. "Old Buddy" sounds way too casual.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2010-10-25 at 16:29.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 21:13   Link #353
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Whitebeard finally makes his move
Old 2010-10-24, 23:22   Link #354
Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Swordsman
I got a feeling Whitebeard will lose in this battle after being betrayed by his comrade.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 09:53   Link #355
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well glad we are getting to Whitebeard finally joining the fight. The guy has been standing around for quite a while and now will make his move. They really are running out of time. Need to crush the opposition before them and reach Ace already. With the enemies soon to be coming from behind they are going to be in for a serious fight. Hope Luffy still has enough in the tank to make it to Ace. Has had to deal with serious opposition just to get that far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Manly tears.
More like "I'm an idiot" tears . But honestly hopefully Squard and his tears can be left behind as Whitebeard starts fighting.
Old 2010-10-25, 10:14   Link #356
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

the sound Squard makes when he's crying is annoying lol
Old 2010-10-26, 13:18   Link #357
Kallen4life

Quote:
I watched the FUNimation subtitled version of this episode. It was silly how they translated "oyassan" as "old buddy". That implies the Whitebeard allies look to him as an equal. They all revere him as a father. "Old Buddy" sounds way too casual.
I cringed every single time .. that was god-awful .. may never watch a FUNimation sub again
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 17:42   Link #358
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
I cringed every single time .. that was god-awful .. may never watch a FUNimation sub again
While I agree it was cringe worthy. That's a bit extreme to write off FUNimation's streaming altogether. They were originally called Haki "Ambition Energy", but they switched it back eventually.
There is a chance that may be switches as well.

Supporting FUNimation's streaming is a hell of a lot better than the crap VIZ puts out.

"Old Buddy" is just way too casual. Even a subtle change to "Old man" would of been better. That's a common phrase to mean father.
Old 2010-10-26, 18:02   Link #359
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I've been kind of annoyed about how much animation has been recycled this arc, but I'm hoping it's because they were saving time and money on the big, epic moments such as these.

Dude, I know right. Anyone with half a brain knows that Shirohige is "Pops". That being said, Funimation's translations are otherwise crackerjack IMHO.

Anyways, I recently caught up. OVerall the arc is still fun but the pacing kinda lags somewhat, then again what else is new.

This most recent episode provided a good shot in the arm (or stab in the gut ). NOW WE GET TO THE GOOD STUFF!!

From the looks of the preview, it seems like they got some of the shows maverick animators to work on this most important part, good cause the lazy animation and drawing has been killing me with these fights.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 20:06   Link #360
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Dude, I know right. Anyone with half a brain knows that Shirohige is "Pops". That being said, Funimation's translations are otherwise crackerjack IMHO.
I just wish they "broadcast" in higher quality. 720p would be great, but even VGA would be better than the 320 line's the do now

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
This episode was good. Pacing was slow but expected--they want to devote a full episode to Whitebeard's onslaught. I'm really looking forward to any filler battle scenes they add next episode, an entire episode of Whitebeard fighting would be sweet.
This episode covered all of ONE chapter! That's just crazy. The second half didn't seem so bad, but the first half where they showed a couple seconds of each person in shock was excessive!

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
scorpio516 is offline   Reply With Quote