AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2011-07-11, 01:17   Link #581
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
And I wonder, how can Bardway do it just by pure instinct?
I don't know if her being Sunlight of the Golden Dawn means anything....She doesn't seem like the normal kind of mage. Nor does she seem to hold any grimoire or similarly powerful artifact.
Old 2011-07-11, 04:40   Link #582
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I'm wondering about Touma's IB.

If an existence which can be negated by Imagine Breaker has an origin that can't be affected by it (such as an flesh-and-blood human body), can IB restore the existence's state back into its origin? I'm tempted to think that IB is able to do that, as long as the rule that the existence that can be negated has an origin that IB can't negate stays in effect.

It might be far-fetched to assume that can happen given what we generally know of it, but I hope this is a possibility that can be feasible.
We already saw something like this with Gabriel. After the final showdown in the Arctic Sea, that Archangel was not destroyed due coming in contact with that Right Hand, but was simply sent back to its rightful place in heaven.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 11:50   Link #583
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
We already saw something like this with Gabriel. After the final showdown in the Arctic Sea, that Archangel was not destroyed due coming in contact with that Right Hand, but was simply sent back to its rightful place in heaven.
... Now this confirms my idea...

But you answered this way too late, as I don't have enough time to execute what I originally had in mind now.

I wake up everyday to work and go home only to sleep and only to wake up to work again.

I wish I had a smartphone or something...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 13:38   Link #584
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I don't know if her being Sunlight of the Golden Dawn means anything....She doesn't seem like the normal kind of mage. Nor does she seem to hold any grimoire or similarly powerful artifact.
Remember how she pulls out staff from nowhere just like Aleister did so with his Blasting Rod?
Could it be Bardway is beyond the countable realm (which is not recorded on the Sephirot Tree)?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 14:27   Link #585
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Remember how she pulls out staff from nowhere just like Aleister did so with his Blasting Rod?
Could it be Bardway is beyond the countable realm (which is not recorded on the Sephirot Tree)?
Not a chance, at least not with that justification. A lot of magic items can appear just because the user wants it to if it's in their characteristics. Vento's Wind Hammer is one of those cases but I bet someone could argue "that's strong too", then how about the Macuahuitl (the Aztec Stone sword from Return of the Winged One) that thing isn't that special and can still be materialized just because.

I'm even sure that there are some earlier examples, but I can't really remember any right now.
Old 2011-07-12, 15:01   Link #586
zaeraal

Quote:
Now that you mention the Sepiroth Tree, what is the relation between the Sepiroth Tree (or tree of life) and Index series? I have seen that image several times here and there in Fanarts, AMVs, powercharts..
Is Kamachi building some 10 member team to fit into that table?
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 15:31   Link #587
Zakoo

I believe in Index it gives the superiority of a being on another.

Like an angel cannot fall on earth "normally" and a human can't become angel.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 16:42   Link #588
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
I'm even sure that there are some earlier examples, but I can't really remember any right now.
Aqua pulled his big ass Mace out of his shadow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Now that you mention the Sepiroth Tree, what is the relation between the Sepiroth Tree (or tree of life) and Index series? I have seen that image several times here and there in Fanarts, AMVs, powercharts..
Is Kamachi building some 10 member team to fit into that table?
No... It's basically a ranking system for all beings in existence, even God I believe.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 20:11   Link #589
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Not on his level definitely but a smaller, smaller scale like comparing Curtana Second to Fianma for example. That may be a possibility who knows...

She is on the Tree of Life however....only persons beyond it so far are Aleister and presumably Aiwass. Even La Persona Fianma is on it.
Old 2011-07-12, 22:19   Link #590
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Not on his level definitely but a smaller, smaller scale like comparing Curtana Second to Fianma for example. That may be a possibility who knows...

She is on the Tree of Life however....only persons beyond it so far are Aleister and presumably Aiwass. Even La Persona Fianma is on it.
Yeah, now re-reading the last part of vol. 22, what Ollerus said seem to imply Fiamma can reach the age of Horus.
Old 2011-07-12, 22:21   Link #591
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Yeah, now re-reading the last part of vol. 22, what Ollerus said seem to imply Fiamma can reach the age of Horus.
His Right Hand isn't used to its fullest yet that's why.
Old 2011-07-12, 22:54   Link #592
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
His Right Hand isn't used to its fullest yet that's why.
"Trying to succes using power within the limits of the christianity was your mistake" or something like that is what Aleister told him.

I hope Bardway will get a large or a very important role in the next volumes, the same way I want to know more about Fiamma's whereabouts and the mighty couple OllerusXSilvia.
Old 2011-07-13, 00:45   Link #593
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
"Trying to succes using power within the limits of the christianity was your mistake" or something like that is what Aleister told him.

I hope Bardway will get a large or a very important role in the next volumes, the same way I want to know more about Fiamma's whereabouts and the mighty couple OllerusXSilvia.
Is likely that she will seeing how she's essentially the main Magic side character tied to the main crew now

Maybe not NT 2 though...synopsis hints at more slice of life things
Old 2011-07-20, 07:43   Link #594
Drifting Wolf

I'm not sure if this has already been posted or mentioned, hut do you guys know of any website that talks about the Right Hand symbolism? I've been curious about it ever since I read that Fiamma can use anything associated with the symbol of the Right Hand.
Drifting Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 08:10   Link #595
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
I'm not sure if this has already been posted or mentioned, hut do you guys know of any website that talks about the Right Hand symbolism? I've been curious about it ever since I read that Fiamma can use anything associated with the symbol of the Right Hand.
The way the author describes it... Basically it's anybody who has ever used his or her right hand to do anything... So it's like... Neil Armstrong planted the American Flag on the Moon with his right hand So symbolically, Fiamma can conquer the moon.

But serious, a quick google search yields, spiritual meaning of Right hand
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 10:04   Link #596
Drifting Wolf

Hmm... I'll take a look through it.

On a completely unrelated note, what could Misaka Mikoto theoretically accomplish if the limiters on her powers were removed? What kind of feats could she conceivably pull off using her electromaster powers. (Which seems to be electromagnetism as well)
Old 2011-07-20, 10:08   Link #597
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

She could be a loli Magneto.

Here is something else I picked up

-It is possible it is a Dragon inside his arm. Why? It doesn't necessarily have to look like a dragon right? An example of it would be Aiwass.
-The thing inside might eat magic,esper powers,etc instead of IB simply negating it.
-It is also known that Dragons have some immunity to magic.

If the text from V.22 really is "chewing it's possible then that Touma actually killed and ate Izzard with the dragon arm. Stiyl lied to him so that he wouldn't feel guilty about it, get scared of his arm, or find out how to possibly use it against Necessarius at a future date.

^This is stuff I found. The thing about Izzard is something someone pointed out.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 10:15   Link #598
Ritsu026
Ritsu's boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
She could be a loli Magneto.

Here is something else I picked up

-It is possible it is a Dragon inside his arm. Why? It doesn't necessarily have to look like a dragon right? An example of it would be Aiwass.
-The thing inside might eat magic,esper powers,etc instead of IB simply negating it.
-It is also known that Dragons have some immunity to magic.

If the text from V.22 really is "chewing it's possible then that Touma actually killed and ate Izzard with the dragon arm. Stiyl lied to him so that he wouldn't feel guilty about it, get scared of his arm, or find out how to possibly use it against Necessarius at a future date.

^This is stuff I found. The thing about Izzard is something someone pointed out.

It's possible , I still am not sure what happened to Izzard
Old 2011-07-20, 10:37   Link #599
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
Hmm... I'll take a look through it.

On a completely unrelated note, what could Misaka Mikoto theoretically accomplish if the limiters on her powers were removed? What kind of feats could she conceivably pull off using her electromaster powers. (Which seems to be electromagnetism as well)
limiters? does she have limiters? wasn't that mugino?
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 10:53   Link #600
Drifting Wolf

Well, to me it seems that her powers have the potential to be so much more powerful... but she's always holding back because electricity can kill people easily and she never seems to demonstrate more than just a couple of innovative ways to use her powers.

By 'limiters', I would say... going berserk and doing everything she can to overwhelm her opponents?

Tags
hard science