AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-16, 15:07   Link #221
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

How many people really see themselves?

Old 2007-10-16, 15:09   Link #222
azurie

not sure what you're talking about
Old 2007-10-17, 14:30   Link #223
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Im saying, priscilla didn't see those girls because they represented herself, and from her perspective she didnt really see 'herself'. Thats my theory anyway.

Old 2007-10-17, 15:03   Link #224
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
Im saying, priscilla didn't see those girls because they represented herself, and from her perspective she didnt really see 'herself'. Thats my theory anyway.
Interesting persepctive. I'll have to consider that.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-17, 17:05   Link #225
azurie

i agree very interesting perspective a self blindness so to speak something you could say we all have if you think about it.
Old 2007-10-31, 14:09   Link #226
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
How many people really see themselves?
Many do, thanks to the power of the mighty mirror .

But really some insane power from Priscilla taking out Easley like that. Got to see what he's capable of as well so not a bad one. Very dangerous power to just destroy half of his body like that. Though most people wouldn't get up after that. Smart thinking though making use of her state and control her as best he could. A dangerous gamble to keep someone that strong close, but it's paid off so far.

Suppose the Teresa death debate will rage on until the end of time. Or they bring Teresa back via magic and give them a final showdown .
Old 2010-03-24, 12:42   Link #227
Charuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
This arises several temporary conclusions.

And let us revert it when Priscilla saw Teresa. Priscilla actually lied to us all, in a sense. Even I was fooled.

When she fought Teresa, this wasnīt about good or evil as Priscilla wanted to be. What I do believe, for now, is that Priscilla wanted Teresa dead because of Clare...Personally because of her.
Wait! and Calm your horses because I am not going kinky here. Not Yuri!

It does make sense. Why did Clare was spared? Because Prscilla didnīt saw little girls? Because she thought Clare was worthless to eat? Quite the contrary..I do love this mangaka plot twists.
Priscilla spared Clare the same way she spared Raki. Raki saved her from a "rock" and something cliked inside of her....Raki became a brother to her, thatīs why she clinged to him. Clare, at that time, was spared because to Priscilla, she saw Clare as a sister.
Priscilla saw Teresa as the Youma that killed her family, thatīs why she fought like a manic with false ideals of protecting Clare "Sister" from the Youma "Teresa" Thus, she mumbled Papa and Mama in the fight.

Personally, I wouldnīt be suprised that, after feasting in those villages she returned there to pick up Clare. She didnīt find the girl thus, she went to town to town eating and trying to find her "family"

Now, there is only one doubt...Was it only Clare and Raki? Or Priscilla sees brother and sister in all the boys and girls?....My guess is no. Otherwise Priscilla would have spared Ophelia`s brother...Logical explanation for ophelia survival probably revolves around her brother using his body as a decoy ...But I donīt know Since Priscilla mostly attacks when provoked.
This is a great theory, I don't know if it was discussed elsewhere, but... awesome, it sounds like a very plausible plot twist.

Priscilla saving the little girl from the monster Teresa.

Well actually, now that I think about it, it couldn't really have been... If that was her motivation then she should have said something to that effect, why would she lie?
Old 2010-03-24, 13:44   Link #228
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Wow, this thread hasn't been updated in 3 years 0_0.

Charuru, considering that, I wouldn't expect any replies from these people as we haven't seen them around since them. That said, if you're gonna talk about Teresa and Priscilla, we have a whole thread dedicated to that, so I would just start a convo there if you want too.
Old 2010-03-24, 14:24   Link #229
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Wow, this thread hasn't been updated in 3 years 0_0.

Charuru, considering that, I wouldn't expect any replies from these people as we haven't seen them around since them. That said, if you're gonna talk about Teresa and Priscilla, we have a whole thread dedicated to that, so I would just start a convo there if you want too.
Agreed... though feel free to quote any posts from here and transfer them to another thread, if you want to talk about them.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:22   Link #230
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Does anyone know if the side stories are included with the volumes of Claymore released by Viz at the end of a volume or something?
Old 2010-04-02, 11:23   Link #231
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Does anyone know if the side stories are included with the volumes of Claymore released by Viz at the end of a volume or something?
Yes they are... 1 & 2 in volume 13 and 3 & 4 in volume 14
Old 2010-04-02, 11:24   Link #232
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Yes they are... 1 & 2 in volume 13 and 3 & 4 in volume 14
Nice, thank for the fast answer. I only have 1-11, so I didn't know. lol.

Spoiler for Chapter 83+:
Old 2010-04-02, 11:28   Link #233
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Nice, thank for the fast answer. I only have 1-11, so I didn't know. lol.
No problem!

Your committing a serious crime! You must get volumes 12-15 now and volume 16 on June 1st to make up for your transgressions.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:30   Link #234
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
No problem!

Your committing a serious crime! You must get volumes 12-15 now and volume 16 on June 1st to make up for your transgressions.
My birthday is in July so I'll get the remaining 5 then.