AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-01-03, 15:28   Link #1221
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

You'll occasionally see a dot with the functionality of a space, usually in foreign names like ディック・クラーク and very rarely between two kanji to separate them, but other than that... no spaces.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 17:28   Link #1222
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Hello. I was trying to understand the lyrics from the song "sekai ga yumemiru yume no naka". Is it ok to ask for help here? The thing is the whole passage is clear to me except for one phrase which I have trouble understanding.
世界が夢見るユメノナカ

遠い世界で世界で確かに巡り会った
負けないわ限界を
自分で決めないで
広げたい気持ちを感じたら出来る
がんばってみませんか?久しぶりですけど
胸の中はドキドキあの日のまま
わたしはどこなの?
本物のわたしはどこですか?
ナゾが解けない やっぱりね
一緒なら強くなる もう大丈夫
ビバビバ
ユメノナカで夢を見て
目覚めれば現実じゃないかも
そしたらここで遊びましょうよ
返事をしてひとりずつ
いないなんてダメ許さないから
思い通りに走り出して
怖がりなんてするわけないよ

そして世界は世界は確かに夢を見てる

This one - 返事をしてひとりずつ
いないなんてダメ許さないから
What does hitori zutsu have to do with henji wo shite and the rest?

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru
nikorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 15:24   Link #1223
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaoi_Daisuki View Post
hmm does japanese language have spacing? I see spacing in my japanese textbook, but im not too sure if it is trying to help us understand better by splitting the nouns and stuff or not . .
Like others have said, they don't... but it should be fairly easy to read through, once you start understanding kanji.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 21:04   Link #1224
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

Hey minna,

I need some audio cds/interactive software that I can use to keep studying what I've learned from four classes of Japanese. Any suggestions or stories out there? Thanks. :]
Old 2008-01-12, 00:17   Link #1225
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJiffy View Post
Hey minna,

I need some audio cds/interactive software that I can use to keep studying what I've learned from four classes of Japanese. Any suggestions or stories out there? Thanks. :]
Pimsler (I think that's how it's spelled) and Rosetta Stone are the only things I'd recommend outside of books.
Old 2008-01-12, 02:57   Link #1226
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Pimsler (I think that's how it's spelled) and Rosetta Stone are the only things I'd recommend outside of books.
Pimsleur, and I agree wholeheartedly on the recommendation of it. I find their Japanese to be a bit dry compared to their other series, but it's still light years ahead of most of the competition. I'd add to that japanesepod101.com

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 03:09   Link #1227
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Pimsleur, and I agree wholeheartedly on the recommendation of it. I find their Japanese to be a bit dry compared to their other series, but it's still light years ahead of most of the competition.
True, but I mainly recommend it for developing your accent.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:00   Link #1228
suzukisayuri

something objection^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitation View Post
I thought it would have been done already but alas no. There may be people who are not able to get lessons so here is where you come!! I am still learning japanese and have ALOT more to learn...so I am going to say a few basic things and maybe some other people who speak or are learning it can contribute ^_^!

*~~::Okey a few notes::~~*

++As you most probably know, the japanese people are really big on manners so you have to be careful when you speak.

++Dictionary form verbs (verbs straight from the dictionary) can be rude when your speaking to people, especially elders!

++There are 3 levels of politeness (roughly anyway); there is low (dictionary), medium (the standard which lots of people use) which involves adding "masu" on words (dont worry at the moment) and the highest level of politeness which I don't know much about but adding "gozaimasu" on to the end of arigatou is being really polite ^_^

++There are 4 styles of writing...not sure if i should say styles but anyway...theres is Kanji(typical jap symbols), hiragana, romaji (english letters) and katakana...i only know hiragana at the moment but i will learn the othes eventually.

++This has nothing to do with learning Japanese but i was told by my tutour that if ya have your chop sticks facing somebody it means you want them dead...lol! thats why they have them horizontally.

++In japanese to signify that its the end of the sentence they have "desu".

++Also lots of japanese words like "desu" and "masu" end with "u"...most japanese people dont pronounce the "u" so "desu" spoken would be "des" but of course there are some parts of japan in which they do pronounce it...its your choice. In lots of animes they pronounce the "u" i think they do it coz it sounds cute sometimes ^_^

*~~::Lets start with simple things::~~*
1 = ichi (some ppl say ich)
2 = ni
3 = san
4 = shi/yon
5 = go (o is pronounced like the "o" in rob...soz thats all i can think of)
6 = roku
7 = nana/shishi
8 = hachi
9 = Ku (there is supposed to be a line above the "u"..its pronounced like "q"
10 = jyu

*~~::Greetings::~~*
Hello = kon nichi wa
goodbye = Sayonara (line above the "o")
yes = hai
no = ie (ie also means house ^_^)
thank you = arigato
Pleased to meet you = Yoroshiku (used on this board alot ^_^)
excuse me (attention) = Shitsurei
Sorry = sumimasen or gomenasai or gomen

*~~::NEXT LESSON::~~*...when i have done my homework
Subjects (like people...you, i, mum, etc)
Simple tourist questions
Questions
Days of the week
Animals

*~~::NEXT NEXT LESSON::~~*
alphabets
simple sentence structure
objects (car, window etc)
verbs(dictionary form)

and there will be more lessons which will teach ya how to convert dictionary form verbs to polite form....and also how to change the tense...but lets stick with the basics for now ^_^
P.S i most probably made some mistakes so ya can just tell me and i will fix em ^_^
I don`t agree to you idea
goodbye = Sayonara (line above the "o")
sayonara is only used in the occasion that you are leave you friend for a very long time(at least one month) or you cannot met your friend any more(you are going to leave your country,say sayonara to your girlfriend means you`ll put a end to this love.so you cannot use sayonara in any time,we always use jya,sore jya,jya ne to say goodbye.
Japanese have a type of word which we called it keigo(I do not know what this word in English is),this word are very polite and usually use in canonicity occasion,Japanese is not latin-languege so it is not easy for a English speaking people to study.you are not need to pay to much attention to this manner in speaking because we will comprehend your mean to the best of our abilities,just like my English is poor and you are doing your best to
comprehend my mean,we will very glad to hear that if you can speak Japanese^_^
suzukisayuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:11   Link #1229
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
*butts in*
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzukisayuri View Post
Japanese have a type of word which we called it keigo(I do not know what this word in English is),this word are very polite and usually use in canonicity occasion,
"Keigo" has always been left alone in all my grammar books, but I've seen it referred to as "honorifics" for English-speakers who do not yet know what keigo is.

*butts out*
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:16   Link #1230
suzukisayuri

my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikorai View Post
Hello. I was trying to understand the lyrics from the song "sekai ga yumemiru yume no naka". Is it ok to ask for help here? The thing is the whole passage is clear to me except for one phrase which I have trouble understanding.
世界が夢見るユメノナカ

遠い世界で世界で確かに巡り会った
負けないわ限界を
自分で決めないで
広げたい気持ちを感じたら出来る
がんばってみませんか?久しぶりですけど
胸の中はドキドキあの日のまま
わたしはどこなの?
本物のわたしはどこですか?
ナゾが解けない やっぱりね
一緒なら強くなる もう大丈夫
ビバビバ
ユメノナカで夢を見て
目覚めれば現実じゃないかも
そしたらここで遊びましょうよ
返事をしてひとりずつ
いないなんてダメ許さないから
思い通りに走り出して
怖がりなんてするわけないよ

そして世界は世界は確かに夢を見てる

This one - 返事をしてひとりずつ
いないなんてダメ許さないから
What does hitori zutsu have to do with henji wo shite and the rest?
ひとりずつ is a adverb which decorate 返事をして this action
this sentence means I will auswer you one question if you ask one
いないなんてダメ許さないから
I cannot understand this sentence exactly,this sentence seems illogical in the context,it means"do not say you are not here,because this word is forbidden" just by the word.
Old 2008-01-14, 11:31   Link #1231
richvh

さゆりちゃん、はじめまして。この掲示板へようこそ。英語を直してもいいですか。

Quote:
I don't agree to you idea.
I don't agree with your idea.
[quote]sayonara is only used in the occasion that you are leave you friend for a very long time
Sayonara (note: capitalize the first word in a sentence) is only used when you are leaving your friend for a very long time.

Other notes: Leave a space before an open parenthesis or a quotation, and after commas and periods.

もっと詳しく訂正できますが、よろしいですか。
richvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 11:58   Link #1232
suzukisayuri

ごめんごめん、あたし不器用だから。。また皆に迷惑かけてしまって、しかも外国に。。。最悪だ
I should pay more attention to my grammar and spelling mistakes!
My teacher always say I am good at vocabulary and pronunciation weak in grammar and writing,but I think foreigner will forgive me because English is not easy for us to learnT_T
However,I have changed my mind now,because it is very impolite to use a foreign language incorrectly.besides,your Japanese is very well,maybe you are better than me.So I should study English more until one day I can speak English smoothly just like you speak Jp.
I have checked this passage for three time...this time should be all right?
Old 2008-01-14, 12:12   Link #1233
Claymore_Obsessed

Quote:
ごめんごめん、あたし不器用だから。。また皆に迷惑かけてしまって、しかも外国に。。。最悪だ
I should pay more attention to my grammar and spelling mistakes!
My teacher always say I am good at vocabulary and pronunciation weak in grammar and writing,but I think foreigner will forgive me because English is not easy for us to learnT_T
However,I have changed my mind now,because it is very impolite to use a foreign language incorrectly.besides,your Japanese is very well,maybe you are better than me.So I should study English more until one day I can speak English smoothly just like you speak Jp.
I have checked this passage for three time...this time should be all right?
my humble opinion:
I don't think your english is that bad so don't worry!
by the way most people won't be bothered by your mistakes and will happily help you, right?
feel free to use english, practice makes perfect ^^
Old 2008-01-14, 12:26   Link #1234
suzukisayuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore_Obsessed View Post
my humble opinion:
I don't think your english is that bad so don't worry!
by the way most people won't be bothered by your mistakes and will happily help you, right?
feel free to use english, practice makes perfect ^^
that bad ?so bad?
And English is a language,the first letter should be capitalized.
I have found someone who is not very well in English just like me^_^
I donnot think you are coming from an English speaking country...
I think you are an Asian just like me.
So you are a Korean or a Chinese?or an Arabian?
Old 2008-01-14, 12:48   Link #1235
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Sayuri, most native English speakers can barely speak English, so don't stress too much. Your English isn't completely correct, but it is understandable. Don't ever stop improving, though
Old 2008-01-14, 13:03   Link #1236
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
that bad ?so bad?
And English is a language,the first letter should be capitalized.
I have found someone who is not very well in English just like me^_^
I donnot think you are coming from an English speaking country...
I think you are an Asian just like me.
So you are a Korean or a Chinese?or an Arabian?
Don't assume that native writers of English are very good at it.

Seriously.... I'm assuming you're Japanese so listen to the casual speech in Harajuku. Slang, root verbs, and sentences so fragmented I'm not even sure the *speaker* knows the context.

Look at japanese or english "texting" ... O.o

There's no particular rule in E/english that the first letter of a language be capitalized - its just a custom (e.g. English, Japanese -- english, japanese).

English is fluid (like Japanese). The grammar is messier in english (because of its history) but both languages import new words just as fast as they are encountered.

You're doing fine ... you keep working on your english and I'll keep working on my Japanese. がんばって、よ  (feel free to chuckle now ).
Old 2008-01-14, 13:17   Link #1237
suzukisayuri

I am wondering why English forum have the users all come from the world and our forum have Japanese only,It might because of the language obstacle?
Our culture minister want to sell anime to the world just like Hollywood film,but I think now Japanese comic industry is too much conservative and do not want to absorb foreign culture.In a word,It should be internationalised.
People always say seiyuu is the art of pronunciation in Jp,with the maturation of comic industry seiyuu have doing very well.but just in Jp.Even though many famous seiyuu cannot speak English,
even if sometime they have no choise but to speak English,those words are not English,those are Japanese English.So I want to be a English seiyuu,who can introduce anime to the world^_^
I am good at pronunciation so I want to master the art of speaking English,seiyuu is a fantasic job because they can express many complex and deep affection which cannot be express exactly in people`s normal thought by just voice.However seiyuu is a very hard job and usually be associate with erothic in people`s mind,seiyuu`s salary is comparatively low,thinking of his/her workload.Many girl who become a seiyuu is not for money,just because she love this job,she believes seiyuu is someone who can realize people`s dream,So do I^_^
Old 2008-01-14, 13:22   Link #1238
suzukisayuri

thanks for your encouraging me.it is very late in our here ,I should go sleeping,oyasumi,jyane^_^
Old 2008-01-14, 13:40   Link #1239
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@suzukisayuri: I wish you a lot of luck on your quest. I know a few American voice actors -- its very hard work and they often don't get paid much but they find it VERY satisfying work. There's also commercial narration and voice-over work you might consider.

When you say "our forum" I'm guessing you mean whatever japanese language anime forum you use most often. My opinion/guess is just that English is the current "world language" and that it just happens to be a lot of people's second language. In 20 or 30 years, some other language may supercede it as the "common language".

I started learning Japanese a couple of years ago. It is challenging but also quite fun.

Being able to *sound* like a native-english speaker would almost certainly give you an "exotic" edge in japanese anime work. I should alert you that American seiyuu (voice actors) don't usually have any sort of celebrity status in the manner that japanese seiyuu do.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, はじめまして。 よろしく。  (again, feel free to laugh at my lame attempts at japanese)

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-01-14 at 16:33.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 13:51   Link #1240
richvh

さゆりちゃん、大変失礼して申し訳ありません。英語の勉強を手伝うと思いましたけど。訂正が受けたくないな ら、黙っておきます。

私の下手な日本語で間違いを見つけると、いつでも直すことを構いません。多分、書いている「ゆきの物語」という小説を楽しみに読むかもしれません。
richvh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hiragana