AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-24, 14:17   Link #7781
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
*shrug*

It was you who complained about how illogical the Tokyo arc was. I say it wasn't, and yeah, I considered Yuzuki's actions in Tokyo to be admirable. Whether or not you want to debate the point is up to you.

I did complain but at the same time its been done before and you were there also, it would be better to just re-read old post. Beside you can call it arrogrance but I have an idea what your going to say this comming from reading every single post in this thread although I believe you're not going to add anything new.

@141
Spoiler for manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recover
What would "save" this series in my mind is if Yuzuki pulls some utterly charming shit for the next 10 chapters to make readers fall in love with her until the very end. Of course Haruto will need to acquire a set of nuts to complement such development.
She doesn't need to lol, she already has half the support of the KniM readers ^^, I see no point in trying to please the hater... when they're going to hate regardless of any development.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:21   Link #7782
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Everything over in 1 chapter lolz

So the series is ending early I guess

Sad how it tried to protray Eba the victim and Asuka the antagonist
Old 2011-06-24, 14:44   Link #7783
Mentar
Banned

Feel the hate

Okay - just curious. What could Haruto and Eba have done to make you happier?
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:50   Link #7784
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
What could Haruto and Eba have done to make you happier?
To have actual development.

I mean, i wouldn't call..

"HEY HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN A WHILE."

"HEY I STILL LOVE YOU."

"OH WAIT SO DO I."

"LET'S BREAK UP."

That development.
Old 2011-06-24, 14:52   Link #7785
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
That was a null reply. Besides, they clearly had actual development. So, you're Haruto, returning from the date. What would you have done? What should Yuzuki have done?
Old 2011-06-24, 14:54   Link #7786
DanielSong39

All breakups are messy and it's not easy to do it right. But here are some things he could've done:

(1) Break up with Asuka immediately.
(2) Refrain from dating Eba for the time being.
(3) Graduate from college.
(4) Get a job.
(5) Court Eba when he's mature enough to think in terms of marriage and family, as opposed to an ongoing soap opera.

This may not be as entertaining a read, but that's how you're supposed to do things.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:58   Link #7787
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Spoiler for reaction to the latest spoiler:
Spoiler for :

The whole situation was messed up from the start, Haruto genuinely believed he'd reciprocate Asuka's feelings only to find out that his feelings for Eba were still much stronger, that's bad luck for all parties but that's also how love works, it's not fair, not rational, just completely arbitrary. So despite all his failings in mitigation this could've never been solved smoothly anyway.

This may sound cheesy but at this point you could even say KNIM is posing the question about how far one would go for what he/she thinks is their true love. Is it worth hurting someone? Is it worth losing most of your close friends? Ofc there's no correct answer, such decisions are a two-pathed gamble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Sad how it tried to protray Eba the victim and Asuka the antagonist
... Oh wow, you have to explain to me in detail how you compose this.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 14:58   Link #7788
KLGChaos
The Shermain

@spoiler for 141

Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-24, 15:15   Link #7789
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
All breakups are messy and it's not easy to do it right. But here are some things he could've done:

I'd give him at least that. Obviously this was nothing do be done on the train ride with all the friends around. When they were alone again, he took the opportunity. What I have to criticize here was the insensitivity, and his lack of preparation and consideration for Asuka. The least he could have done was explaining things.

Quote:
(4) Get a job.
(5) Court Eba when he's mature enough to think in terms of marriage and family, as opposed to an ongoing soap opera.
And that would helped how? You think that this would have made Asuka any happier? Or would that have made him into a better person?

Quote:
This may not be as entertaining a read, but that's how you're supposed to do things.
Well, there are differing opinions here.
Old 2011-06-24, 15:15   Link #7790
katsudon
Part Time Translator

wow... wow.... i'm speechless... i guess i'll grab the raws and read it myself.
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:21   Link #7791
Raynor

Spoiler for 141:
Raynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:24   Link #7792
katsudon
Part Time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynor View Post
Spoiler for 141:
probably because of how 'stable' they think the relationship was for 2 years and then it just suddenly ended without knowing that

even thou haruto said he doesn't love eba as much anymore a few chapters back. but i guess at 50% less is still still more then he ever loved asuaka....
Old 2011-06-24, 15:26   Link #7793
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:

(4) Get a job.

This!

Incoming spoilers for Ichigo 100%

Spoiler:
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:28   Link #7794
DanielSong39

Quote:
I'd give him at least that. Obviously this was nothing do be done on the train ride with all the friends around. When they were alone again, he took the opportunity. What I have to criticize here was the insensitivity, and his lack of preparation and consideration for Asuka. The least he could have done was explaining things.

And that would helped how? You think that this would have made Asuka any happier? Or would that have made him into a better person?

Well, there are differing opinions here.
Here is how I see things.

Haruto wanted to get back together with Eba, but he wasn't sure whether she would accept him as a boyfriend. So he wanted to keep Asuka around as a backup plan just in case. I can see his thought process:

(1) If Eba accepts me, I break up with Asuka and date Eba.
(2) If Eba rejects me, I stay with Asuka. Yeah, she's not as good as Eba but she's OK and it's better than being alone.
(3) If Eba keeps me in limbo, I keep Asuka in limbo until something happens. I can half-date both girls until Eba makes up her mind or Asuka dumps me.

This is very consistent with his thoughts and what actually happened. That's why people think Haruto is wishy-washy, despicable, and totally mishandled the break-up. He was playing games with two girls' hearts and was only thinking of himself.

Compare that with the resolution of the love triangle(s) in Good Ending, and you should be able to see why people are getting the pitchforks out for Haruto while they have much more sympathy for Seiji.

Personally I think dealing with relationships before you're ready for marriage and family is like playing with fire. You might get away with it sometimes, but at some point you're going to get burned.
Old 2011-06-24, 15:31   Link #7795
katsudon
Part Time Translator

also, something to consider, it seems like maybe Auska was keeping a distance from haruto and tried not have any progress in their relationship since she knows him well and ... well... going into it too far would turn this into an obligation for haruto.
Old 2011-06-24, 15:32   Link #7796
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

lol for the people that follow basketball doesn't this remind you of Lebron James?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 15:39   Link #7797
DanielSong39

Lebron James comes up a quarter short of a dollar while Haruto comes up a dollar short.

He reminds me more of Mike Bibby - he sits on the bench most of the time and spends the rest of the time clanking long-range bombs.
Old 2011-06-24, 15:52   Link #7798
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Here is how I see things.

Haruto wanted to get back together with Eba, but he wasn't sure whether she would accept him as a boyfriend. So he wanted to keep Asuka around as a backup plan just in case.
Reads great, except that this is not what happened. We've had lots of inner dialogue from Haruto, but not one that would indicate anything like this: (if you disagree, please be so kind to give references)

Quote:
I can see his thought process:

(1) If Eba accepts me, I break up with Asuka and date Eba.
(2) If Eba rejects me, I stay with Asuka. Yeah, she's not as good as Eba but she's OK and it's better than being alone.
(3) If Eba keeps me in limbo, I keep Asuka in limbo until something happens. I can half-date both girls until Eba makes up her mind or Asuka dumps me.

This is very consistent with his thoughts and what actually happened.
This is absolutely inconsistent with his thoughts. He never thought ANYTHING like this. As I said, please give references.

Quote:
Compare that with the resolution of the love triangle(s) in Good Ending, and you should be able to see why people are getting the pitchforks out for Haruto while they have much more sympathy for Seiji.
Seiji is a well-meaning, clumsy and inexperienced kid with no malicious bone in his body. That makes for a difficult target to hate. KNIM has gone on for much longer and has a more serious setting.

Quote:
Personally I think dealing with relationships before you're ready for marriage and family is like playing with fire. You might get away with it sometimes, but at some point you're going to get burned.
Well, he got burned, more than once. However, just running away in this situation and doing the "only look for relationships when you're set to marry" is no mature way to deal (or more precisely, to run away from dealing) with the issue, imho.
Old 2011-06-24, 18:51   Link #7799
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

I mean, i wouldn't call..

"HEY HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN A WHILE."

"HEY I STILL LOVE YOU."

"OH WAIT SO DO I."

"LET'S BREAK UP."

That development.
Meeting up with her pre-skip resurfaced those feelings a little and seeing her recently did it even more. I know first hand how feelings can resurface after quite some time, although they aren't as strong as love, but for story's sake, I'll accept the love. Plus Yuzuki was herself around Haruto this time around, so that reminded him of when she first moved in and everything.
Old 2011-06-24, 21:22   Link #7800
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Spoiler for :
Agree that Asuka would suffer more if they manage to stay together...Asuka knows that he doesn't love her so that's no point to stay anyway

And since the whole thing has become a mess, any decision Haruto is going to make should at least be loyal to his real intention...another lie would hurt everyone much much more...

it's just that I don't like the part where he changes his heart too fast (within two days)...or maybe he hasn't changed his feeling at all since the Tokyo arc (which should be obvious by now )...don't understand why he is so obsessed with Eba...maybe it's because they never really start a real relationship (he couldn't really feel that he had a gf in that long-distance relationship) and the fact that it was Eba who dumped him
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life