AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-19, 22:20   Link #481
Elestia

Started playing and am in Hinterlands right now. I have to agree that the controls and UI are made for consoles and little thought was put into polishing it for PC KB+M users.

Had to rebind several keys just to make it manageable, but it still frustrates me to no end when I am in battle and using the tactical view mode.
Old 2014-11-19, 22:41   Link #482
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm perfectly fine with the default keyboard and mouse setup. Not the best but functional for me.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 22:56   Link #483
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

They introduced very powerful dark souls-like block mechanics to warriors (ie: shieldwall). I find myself actually playing my tank and manually blocking hits and using Charge manually to minimize my damage intake. This is especially true in melee-lieutenant fights where the lieutenant would hit like a truck and there are no other methods to reliably generate guard....

//

So like, Cassandra is a Templar...
Templars have this passive skill which grants everyone +50% damage and heals them up to full whenever they die, with a 60s CD.
I respecced Cassandra to DPS and let Blackwall tank instead (Champion is a superior tank tree anyway).
Whenever I need to heal I am just going to let Cassandra die (on purpose!)

For some reason, I feel a little... twisted /smirk

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2014-11-19 at 23:20.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 23:23   Link #484
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just wondering how well the game runs on your PCs? Because I'm running a pretty old comp: q6600 overclocked to 3ghz, R9 270 (upgraded from 8800gt that got burnt out RIP), 8 gigs RAM... but game is unplayable in all but the lowest settings, despite technically it meets the recommended setup. So disappointed, might actually bust out my PS4 since the keyboard/mouse controls seem to suck ass as well.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 03:08   Link #485
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Running Win8 with an i5 8gb RAM and a 280x 3gb. Silky smooth 50-60fps on high settings.
Old 2014-11-20, 06:45   Link #486
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah the attractive ones are off limits, you're stuck with a chick that looks like either a dude or a troll and if you decide to go lesbian, you get a goblin.
What? Josephine isn't a goblin! Sera is weird, but she's actually quite funny, herself.
And, c'mon, EVERYONE should ride the bull. And I mean EVERYONE.

My second playthrough, tho, is gonna be all about Cassandra. She's adorable.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 08:11   Link #487
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

For some reason artists in DA hate to draw good looking romancing females - even if they look ok there would be far too many screws loose somewhere/something really bugs me (ie: isabela likes to sleep around...).
Old 2014-11-20, 08:38   Link #488
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
For some reason artists in DA hate to draw good looking romancing females - even if they look ok there would be far too many screws loose somewhere/something really bugs me (ie: isabela likes to sleep around...).
For some reason, the lips of most females look somewhat overproportional to the rest of the face . Besides that, I didn't mind Isabela that much. Maybe not as adorable as Merrill and Leliana, but likeable in her own way. Then again, I don't need much to like a character being the VN addict.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 09:17   Link #489
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
isabela likes to sleep around...
Yeah, I wouldn't hold that against her, myself.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 10:55   Link #490
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just played 6 STRAIGHT hours. I should really be preparing to sleep and work.

Personally compared to Skyrim it's so much easier and enjoyable to explore because of the way Thedas is divided into different areas and the sheer number of fast travel spots. Of course Inquisition doesn't have the sheer number of alternative crap Skyrim but as I said it's for the sake of narrative.

And I said before the amount of care and detail Bioware put into this is nearly mind blowing. Storm Coast in particular is such an awesome place to explore with all the rain effects and the harsh splashing waves. Hinterlands peaceful setting belies the amount of Mage/Templar violence in it's fields and ruins. This is quite possibly the most graphically realized Bioware setting to date.

And did I mention Leliana's so facking hot in this game?
Old 2014-11-20, 12:11   Link #491
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler:

The waves at the coast are indeed quite spectacular. I spent a couple of minutes just enjoying the scene in front of me.
Old 2014-11-20, 15:44   Link #492
Key Board
Carbon

Leliana is the new Liara
she started as someone so simple, but have grown so much in character

I would say the same for Cullen too.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 15:58   Link #493
kasimmorathi

Storm Coast has been my favorite place to visit by far. While there isn't a lot questwise of interest there (yet at least), it has some stunning vistas. I absolutely agree that the water looks spectacular on my PC.

I also want to say that I thnk this is first time that the Templar/Mage conflict has been portrayed in a way that one side (Templars) aren't villified to hell and back. Introduction of mages that support the system in a very rational way are a refreshing change of pace over the past two games that haven't quite managed to pull it off. Seeing an actual dialogue in which the Templars are there to protect the mages and provide them a safe place to explore their magic is refreshing over; "we're religious zealots here to keep those who are different away from the good people". It actually creates more of a moral quandry where you can argue in favor of one side or the other and shows more mature storytelling.

If I had to pose one complaint is that some of the companions still don't quite interest me. Dorian is a bit too slimy. Sera is a bit too insane. Blackwall is interesting, but sort of a "why is he here?" chracter. This may be simply suffering in the shadow of more interesting or unique representatives. Ironbull is amazing ("Ah, redheads"), and Varric is just too damn great. Those are two spots on my party that are always filled. The other characters simply haven't entangled my interest yet. No one I HAVE to bring with me for any other reason than to fill out my roster or improve my combat potential. Maybe I just haven't given them a chance yet? I wish they had brought Felicia Day back for some of that elf-rogue-lady action.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 18:53   Link #494
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The Templars aren't that much villified because much of the rebel mage apostates are just batshit insane.
Old 2014-11-21, 00:40   Link #495
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

This is a very gorgeous looking game with lots of stuff to do! Until you run in to a Dragon that kindly reminds you with a one shot fireball to the party in the face, that there are somethings you should do only after you leveled up and geared up.

@MeoTwister5

Well, there is that matter that they killed a farmer because they thought his shovel was a "Magic Staff" and then took his wedding ring because it might be "Magical", I think they are showed to be just as bad as the mages are...
Old 2014-11-21, 09:16   Link #496
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The Knight Enchanter is so OP that I feel like I should just reroll to another character until they are toned down slightly...
Old 2014-11-21, 10:56   Link #497
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmorathi View Post
The AI also tends to randomly switch to start attacking another target as I toggle through them. It can be jarring when you play without constant micro-control - not a big issue, but I don't want to micromanage through every minor conflict with 2-3 enemies.
That's because the default behavior is Follow Controlled Character, so the AI will switch to whomever you are targeting. Go in the Behavior tab and change it, probably to Follow Character Name.

Defend will cause the character to stay close to the specified character if they are melee too.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 16:20   Link #498
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I always put the tank's behavior on defend "mage"

also is it me or are dagger rogues SUPER UNDERPOWERED!? Especially on Hard difficulty. My Elf gal hardly does any damage even with back stabbing.
Old 2014-11-21, 17:14   Link #499
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I always put the tank's behavior on defend "mage"

also is it me or are dagger rogues SUPER UNDERPOWERED!? Especially on Hard difficulty. My Elf gal hardly does any damage even with back stabbing.
Just wait until he gets thousand cuts. People are saying that it's pretty great

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 17:14   Link #500
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

daggers are fine, by default they have insanely high dps. Not to mention you have a passive where flanking attacks generate no threat.

The problem with dagger rogues imo is that they are insanely squishy. It is like every 2 hander enemy has this 360 degree AoE attack which makes it essential to learn how to parry. Skills like instant stealth will also be essentially in saving your hide.

I think more so than other classes, dagger rogues start off really weak (haven't rolled one yet, so my experiences with them are from using Cole).

I am debating if I should roll a S&B warrior or a 2h reaver in place of my Knight Enchanter.

Mark of Death + Mark of Rift supposedly take off a good chunk of a dragon's health.