AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-21, 18:01   Link #501
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Still debating if I'll go KE or RM when the time comes.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 19:24   Link #502
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

KE = you become a really tanky character that does pretty good damage in melee. I actually have voiced out this concern before.... All you really do is spam your spirit blade, cast the occasional spell now and then (Disruption field atm is kind of buggy: you can only cast it at full mana and it acts as a CC circle of sort), which is kind of a boring gameplay. You do more damage than a 2h warrior, you survive better, but you also have a lot less skill.

Oh, the spirit blade works far too well with the CD reduction talent in the fire tree (to a point where I feel it is broken), which means a knight enchanters can cast some really powerful barriers quite frequently. I don't think I have died once on nightmare since i respecced to KE.

So KE if you want to be really powerful. Rift mage if you want to have more fun and play more like a traditional mage. Pull of the abyss can do some terrible terrible things to a group of enemies.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 20:51   Link #503
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Where's the respec npc? I'm sort of regretting going down the electric tree.
Old 2014-11-21, 21:19   Link #504
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

There should be a giant banner by the smith that sells the respec amulets.

I agree the storm tree is kind of bleh. Energy barrage though IMO is worth keeping due to it being quite a powerful nuke of your staff's element.
Old 2014-11-21, 21:30   Link #505
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Storm cage is great to keep mobs in one place though. One guy in gamefaqs IIRC suggest building KE with that

Also friendly reminder
http://kotaku.com/psa-if-youre-playi...1661855879/all

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 22:32   Link #506
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Next time link to the reddit post and not kotaku making articles about things they find on the internet, lol.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 22:37   Link #507
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Ok, tempest rogue is really OPed. Lightning flask then spamming twin fangs on stunned/frozen enemies isn't even fair.

Large barriers+clean burn+fire mine while solas pull enemies into the fire mine mmmm....
#justOPedThings

I feel like the game just get so much easier once you have unlocked a fair amount of abilities and specs at lv10.
Old 2014-11-21, 22:48   Link #508
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Tempest Rogue? What is this? I need to know so I can not be gimped.

WHY DO I NEVER LOOT ANY DAGGERS!? ITS ALWAYS BOWS!
Old 2014-11-22, 05:10   Link #509
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Do you need to gain enough influence with the specific characters to train you in your Inquisitor Class Specialization or can you spec without befriending them? Likewise can you respec your specialization?
Old 2014-11-22, 07:35   Link #510
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Tempest Rogue? What is this? I need to know so I can not be gimped.

WHY DO I NEVER LOOT ANY DAGGERS!? ITS ALWAYS BOWS!
IKR? Heck, most of the stuff I've been using are crafted.

Tempest rogue's one of the 3 specialization you unlock next to artificer and assassin, skills are based around augmenting your abilities with elemental potions and making you even more of a DPS machine.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 08:44   Link #511
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

The tempest tree is here:
http://i.imgur.com/xKKgN2H.jpg

The Focus ability is no joke. In fact I don't even want to use it because of how OPed it is.
The only drawback from using a companion tempest is that I don't really like Sera... (sorry to Sera fans!)

//

You do not need to do any quests to unlock specialization for your companions. They are just unlocked automatically (at lv10 I think?). You can play around with them before you decide upon your own spec.

You CANNOT respec your specialization.

With loot, you can either save scum chests (a chest that contains a piece of blue loot will always give you blue I think, and by saving and reloading, you can a diff piece every time).
Old 2014-11-22, 08:54   Link #512
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My question was unlocking the spec quests for the spec you want. AFAIK it only becomes available when you hit lvl10 and get Skyhold, but I've been reading somewhere that you need close relations with the party character who can also spec in that class to be able to train in it.

Also anyone know a place to get good gear recipes? The shops in Haven, Redcliff and Val Royeaux kind of suck and buying gear straight out is pretty expensive (I'm actually undergeared right now).
Old 2014-11-22, 09:13   Link #513
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

You don't need close relationship with anyone. The unlocking requires an item which is usually found near your companion in skyhold, but you can buy them elsewhere if you didn't recruit them.

Don't worry too much about equipment yet. I never bothered buying anything and just use whatever I get via looting. To craft "good stuff" you got to use higher tier materials...

You will feel you get a LOT stronger once you have your companion specializations unlocked due to how powerful they are.
Old 2014-11-22, 10:20   Link #514
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
So far it's sounding like this is a pretty good bounce back performance after DA2.

Look forward to jumping into this at some point. Though probably not until I either upgrade my PC or get a next gen console.

Guess the question will be what class I'll give a try at first. Have pretty well gone warrior first for the previous two games. Though with this setting and story maybe going mage first would be fitting.
Old 2014-11-22, 10:28   Link #515
oompa loompa

Has anyone who played with a warrior or rogue tried the roll-dodge? is it souls like, i.e. are there i-frames? If thats the case.. solo run might be possible on lower difficulties

Just to clarify, I know its an unlocked ability, somewhat late in the game, so a full solo runthrough is probably tough. However, I remember with DA:O you could easily solo about half the game as AW or dex rogue, and the whole game as AW if you were patient and gosu. I know the majority of 2 is also possible, I've seen videos where dudes take on the high dragon solo. I KNOW it's a team based game etc. etc., but I'd still like to try a solo run sometime

I've also seen people do some crazy things with sword and shield in DA2, which I thought was really sick too

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2014-11-22 at 11:34.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 11:43   Link #516
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well time for work, however just got to Skyhold and lvl11, however the specialization quest still hasn't come out on the war room board.

Meeting Varric's friend and your enchanter though was pretty awesome (assuming you sent her to the Chantry in Origins), and Cassandra's resulting fit at Varric really gave a lot of insight to everything she did during her scenes in DA2.

Anyone got a table for the suggested level ranges per area?

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2014-11-22 at 11:57.
Old 2014-11-22, 12:26   Link #517
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
For some reason artists in DA hate to draw good looking romancing females .
There was a (long-winded) quote from a DA designer that essentially said they disliked designing "cookie-cutter" handsome/beautiful faces for characters. They said they preferred 'uglifying' face designs somewhat for a more unique and memorable look.

The quote:

"...we have been very calculated when it comes to engineering our characters imperfections. The development process has a built in erosion mechanism: many stakeholders in many review meetings tend to trim away a characters humanizing flaws and oddities, leaving little more than "pretty" and "safe" . Strip and shave most game characters today and you'd be hard pressed to tell most of them apart. We've worked very hard on Inquisition to safeguard our characters from this erosion process. We want to give them more identity than just their clothes, hairstyle and makeup. It's our hope that after you've spent some time with them, our character's will be as inseparable from their quirks, flaws and oddities as your own friends and family are from theirs".

PS. All the more impetus for me to create a fully ikemen male Inquisitor, since he will be the ONLY one of his kind. So unique that even the demons will briefly pause and think, he's GORGEOUS!!!
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-22, 12:35   Link #518
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

There isn't really a level range. You are supposed to go from one place to another. As the reddit thread said, gtfo of hinterlands once you have gotten the +4 power thing done and move on.

I think it is safe to just follow quests (which is what I have been doing).

I suspect on lower difficulties I can prob solo stuff easily on my Knight Enchanter.

One thing I really missed about DA2 are the character specific trees. Similar to DA:O, there really isn't anything which is making my inquisitor Knight Enchanter any different from Vivienne... Varric's, Aveline's, and Ander's trees are all really unique in their own ways.

(This is esp true when it comes to Anders and his martyr skill...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
There was a (long-winded) quote from a DA designer that essentially said they disliked designing "cookie-cutter" handsome/beautiful faces for characters. They said they preferred 'uglifying' face designs somewhat for a more unique and memorable look.

The quote:

"...we have been very calculated when it comes to engineering our characters imperfections. The development process has a built in erosion mechanism: many stakeholders in many review meetings tend to trim away a characters humanizing flaws and oddities, leaving little more than "pretty" and "safe" . Strip and shave most game characters today and you'd be hard pressed to tell most of them apart. We've worked very hard on Inquisition to safeguard our characters from this erosion process. We want to give them more identity than just their clothes, hairstyle and makeup. It's our hope that after you've spent some time with them, our character's will be as inseparable from their quirks, flaws and oddities as your own friends and family are from theirs".

PS. All the more impetus for me to create a fully ikemen male Inquisitor, since he will be the ONLY one of his kind. So unique that even the demons will briefly pause and think, he's GORGEOUS!!!
Yeah but, I think they are almost... overdoing it.

Spoiler:

Compare the females with the males. The males all look pretty awesome. Iron Bull is all muscular, Blackwall kicks ass
Spoiler:
, Cullen is a bishounen, Solas is a pretty cool guy as well (plus...).

I am fine with "humanizing flaws and oddities". Take Cullen for example, his hatred for mages I guess can be considered as a flaw, but while he might be uncomfortable/disagree, he still works with you.

All I ask for is a good looking female who isn't apeshit crazy, a normal waifu~ but then this is Thedas, where everyone just seem batshit crazy anyway.
Spoiler:

...while playing DA2 i would never have expected myself to take a liking in Cassandra, who is arguably the most normal of the lot... I never said to myself, "I WILL NEVER DATE THIS DAI S TSUNTSUN"...

//

Forgot to add, after you get Skyhold you have to go seek out trainers to unlock specializations.

Last edited by Flying Dagger; 2014-11-22 at 13:05.
Old 2014-11-23, 10:51   Link #519
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Cassandra is the best female character in the game Haha. I agree with Sera... if she had a less ugly nose she'd look a whole lot better. Viv HAAAAD to be bald huh? Really lazy with long hair huh Bio?

Krem isn't a tranny unless you just mean personality.

But yea... the male characters are a lot cool sadly. Iron Bull and Viv character dialog is freakin hilarious too, he is ALWAYS in my party!

I like all the characters except Sera. She's annoying as hell... can we not have ONE normal female Elf? I want my DA:OA elf chick. But no... it's either CRAZY or WEIRD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
The tempest tree is here:
http://i.imgur.com/xKKgN2H.jpg

The Focus ability is no joke. In fact I don't even want to use it because of how OPed it is.
The only drawback from using a companion tempest is that I don't really like Sera... (sorry to Sera fans!)

//

You do not need to do any quests to unlock specialization for your companions. They are just unlocked automatically (at lv10 I think?). You can play around with them before you decide upon your own spec.

You CANNOT respec your specialization.

With loot, you can either save scum chests (a chest that contains a piece of blue loot will always give you blue I think, and by saving and reloading, you can a diff piece every time).
I'm level 14 now, Still don't have this "tree" on my Rogue.
Old 2014-11-23, 12:25   Link #520
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
^ Cassandra is the best female character in the game Haha. I agree with Sera... if she had a less ugly nose she'd look a whole lot better. Viv HAAAAD to be bald huh? Really lazy with long hair huh Bio?

Krem isn't a tranny unless you just mean personality.

But yea... the male characters are a lot cool sadly. Iron Bull and Viv character dialog is freakin hilarious too, he is ALWAYS in my party!

I like all the characters except Sera. She's annoying as hell... can we not have ONE normal female Elf? I want my DA:OA elf chick. But no... it's either CRAZY or WEIRD.

I'm level 14 now, Still don't have this "tree" on my Rogue.
Have you unlocked skyhold?
There should be a quest at the war table to find trainers, do that.
Next find the trainers (in skyhold), and they will give you the specialization quest.

I think rogues in end game is probably the most OPed class due to the nature of crafting.
Crafting is insanely overpowered (was expected).
You can craft weapons that generate guard on hit (supposed to have some very rare +5 guard per hit)
You can craft in a property that stealths you when not attacking.
You can stack the % chance to cast hidden blades so you are always casting hidden blades...

There is supposed to be a "Take only 1 damage from all attacks, but health lowered to 12" mastercraft. **I wonder if that works with guard** if so, rogues will also be the best tanks in the game -_-