AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-27, 09:37   Link #561
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
I don't think Vivienne makes a good party member.
She just doesn't seem to like anything, plus, a Knight Enchanter is horrible when played by an AI imo.

Out of the three mages I think I like Solas the best. Rift mage gives pretty good utility and packs a lot of power. Infinite mana rawr!
From a story sense its good as well,

Spoiler for :

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2014-11-27 at 14:40.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-27, 13:50   Link #562
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

(might want to spoil tag that)
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-28, 02:12   Link #563
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I think Sera is quirky, I like her.
I like her a lot actually.
Old 2014-11-28, 12:56   Link #564
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Watched some hilarious Iron Bull romance scenes, Sad thing is that it was a gay scene... the sad part were the comments....

They called Dragon Age Inquisition a crappy SJW pandering crap pile. There are just such pathetic homophobic babies out there.
Old 2014-11-28, 16:25   Link #565
Jaden

I told Sera to fuck off as soon as I met her. I thought she would've been just one of those contacts/agents you can recruit, but an actual party member? Nope nope nope nope nope.
Old 2014-11-28, 16:53   Link #566
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

So just completed the game...crazy is all I can say. 72 hours with all area's completed apart from some parts of Emprise Du Lion,Exalted Plains and Emerald Graves.

Will be great to replay it in a few months
Old 2014-11-30, 12:11   Link #567
Velsy

I have some questions about the game.

I played the original long back, Dragon age 1, but never touched the expansion, nor played Dragon age 2.

I loved the part about the game that if you choose a Human Noble, you came across situations where you would find the dead characters from different races/backgrounds. Say you find out the Dorf Noble was killed, or find the Dorf peasant died in his cell. Or if you played an Elf, you find out the human noble was killed in a coupe. Things like that really made things interesting and was really well thought out.

But to get the main question, How is this Inquisition like its first game? Is it an improvement ? Does it have a interesting story like its predecessor? Did they do a proper job at the game, putting lame money grabby and cost cutting aside ? (which alot games tend to do now).

I kinda want to find out if its really worth getting. Not spending alot of money to be let down.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 16:32   Link #568
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

I played the original long back, Dragon age 1, but never touched the expansion, nor played Dragon age 2.

I loved the part about the game that if you choose a Human Noble, you came across situations where you would find the dead characters from different races/backgrounds. Say you find out the Dorf Noble was killed, or find the Dorf peasant died in his cell. Or if you played an Elf, you find out the human noble was killed in a coupe. Things like that really made things interesting and was really well thought out.

But to get the main question, How is this Inquisition like its first game? Is it an improvement ? Does it have a interesting story like its predecessor? Did they do a proper job at the game, putting lame money grabby and cost cutting aside ? (which alot games tend to do now).

I kinda want to find out if its really worth getting. Not spending alot of money to be let down.
Honestly, answering your question would depend on which aspects you liked most about the original DA. Lore, world, setting? Inquisition has that in droves. The game seems to have finally hit the level of scale in the game world that Bioware envisioned, but never delivered in the last two games. Lots of references to the last two games though, so be warned. The main story is almost a direct continuation of the events from DA2. The story really follows the same structure as all the other bioware games: travel the world, build your army, and stop the big bad. I'd put it on par with the origins, but the first game has an edge in the types of decisions you could make.

If you like the combat? Inquisition's not for you. Asides from the abysmal PC controls (probably in part because of it) Bioware somehow managed to make the game even more of a mash-fest than before. Very few cases demand that you make use of any tactics at all, and you'd have to be playing on hard or nightmare for that. But mechanically, it has its strengths; lots of tweaking, customizing and managing of gears and skills.

And the characters? Mixed bag really, like any modern Bioware game. You got a checklist of Bioware personality stereotypes with varying degrees of quality in their personal storylines.

But otherwise, it's a very solidly put-together game, and definitely not some cash-grab effort. In some ways it feels like Bioware finally delivered on their vision for the Dragon Age world, especially regarding the scope of the game.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2014-11-30 at 16:44.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 17:01   Link #569
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post

If you use the dragon age keep or have save files then you will have those type of situations sometimes. The games story isn't as good as the first, but it is decent, however I feel the side missions are meh at best. A few good ones here and there, but not very memorable.
As my character was a dalish elf, I sometimes had a dalish option for dialog, but it really didn't pop up much and didn't seem to mean anything. Sometimes characters wouldn't even acknowledge I was a elf.

The party characters are cool and some of them I love. I think they did a good job on the gameplay if you play range, melee felt sub-par at best. Tactically its awful, I played on hard and never needed the pause and it just felt like you should run and gun. The area's are beautiful but its all overground, only 2 or 3 dungeons that I can remember.

Overall it is a great game, lots of small things that annoy me though. Definitely better then DA2.
Old 2014-11-30, 18:17   Link #570
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quick question, how do get to the point (or quest) that leads up to where you choose a specialty of your class (such as KE, Rift Mage, Necromancer)? I only get to play so often, but I just left that starting area after reading about that article that one should leave that place. The area I chose to go to was Storm Coast and I'm currently lvl 7 Mage. I've basically been running around this area doing all the quests, side quests, rifts, etc I can find.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-30, 19:18   Link #571
Jaden

A war room mission to unlock specializations becomes available once you've progressed the story enough.
Old 2014-11-30, 21:53   Link #572
Wargumm1i
Hentai

The Epilogue with Solas was epic
Spoiler for Future Dragon age.:
How exciting I also wish to see Morrigan's and Hero of Fereldan's son, Kieran as a possible companion in the hopeful future sequel's.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 09:44   Link #573
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
The Epilogue with Solas was epic
Spoiler for Future Dragon age.:
How exciting I also wish to see Morrigan's and Hero of Fereldan's son, Kieran as a possible companion in the hopeful future sequel's.
might want to spoiler that whole thing

Spoiler for on ending::
Old 2014-12-01, 10:34   Link #574
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Watched some hilarious Iron Bull romance scenes, Sad thing is that it was a gay scene... the sad part were the comments....

They called Dragon Age Inquisition a crappy SJW pandering crap pile. There are just such pathetic homophobic babies out there.
Such is the internet since the whole Gamergate saga begin. Granted, Bioware's handling of romance and homosexual relationship have always been rather hamfisted in the first place and if you're watching it on youtube, that's pretty much the worst place to read any user comments.
Old 2014-12-01, 11:49   Link #575
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'm half convinced that they called him "Iron Bull" just so they could make riding jokes.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 12:02   Link #576
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Such is the internet since the whole Gamergate saga begin. Granted, Bioware's handling of romance and homosexual relationship have always been rather hamfisted in the first place and if you're watching it on youtube, that's pretty much the worst place to read any user comments.
Eh, it's both "Gamefeminists" and gamergates fault.
Old 2014-12-02, 01:48   Link #577
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Honestly, answering your question would depend on which aspects you liked most about the original DA. Lore, world, setting? Inquisition has that in droves. The game seems to have finally hit the level of scale in the game world that Bioware envisioned, but never delivered in the last two games. Lots of references to the last two games though, so be warned. The main story is almost a direct continuation of the events from DA2. The story really follows the same structure as all the other bioware games: travel the world, build your army, and stop the big bad. I'd put it on par with the origins, but the first game has an edge in the types of decisions you could make.

If you like the combat? Inquisition's not for you. Asides from the abysmal PC controls (probably in part because of it) Bioware somehow managed to make the game even more of a mash-fest than before. Very few cases demand that you make use of any tactics at all, and you'd have to be playing on hard or nightmare for that. But mechanically, it has its strengths; lots of tweaking, customizing and managing of gears and skills.

And the characters? Mixed bag really, like any modern Bioware game. You got a checklist of Bioware personality stereotypes with varying degrees of quality in their personal storylines.

But otherwise, it's a very solidly put-together game, and definitely not some cash-grab effort. In some ways it feels like Bioware finally delivered on their vision for the Dragon Age world, especially regarding the scope of the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
If you use the dragon age keep or have save files then you will have those type of situations sometimes. The games story isn't as good as the first, but it is decent, however I feel the side missions are meh at best. A few good ones here and there, but not very memorable.
As my character was a dalish elf, I sometimes had a dalish option for dialog, but it really didn't pop up much and didn't seem to mean anything. Sometimes characters wouldn't even acknowledge I was a elf.

The party characters are cool and some of them I love. I think they did a good job on the gameplay if you play range, melee felt sub-par at best. Tactically its awful, I played on hard and never needed the pause and it just felt like you should run and gun. The area's are beautiful but its all overground, only 2 or 3 dungeons that I can remember.

Overall it is a great game, lots of small things that annoy me though. Definitely better then DA2.
While I found the combat and dungeons as adequate. I really enjoyed its story apart from its rushed ending... I believe it would of been something epic if the ending was properly done. Its character interaction was nice too. Also what you did in game also had some influence on your ending. So overall I would rate it amung the good games. I heard from word of mouth DA2 was a disaster. It went backwards from DA1. Tho since I never played, thats all I can go on (word of mouth).

What I feared was this would be another big title publisher pushing out a half assed finished game just to collect the money from it. Thats all the big companies have been doing as late.

But as you posters seem to describe it positively, I guess it has some merits worth playing, which I guess is a good sign.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 08:54   Link #578
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Decided to reroll my lvl16 Knight Enchanter after I just soloed the Ferelden Frostback. From top to bottom. Using only 4 potions. That's not fun at all.

Gonna do a sword and board this time.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 12:38   Link #579
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Decided to reroll my lvl16 Knight Enchanter after I just soloed the Ferelden Frostback. From top to bottom. Using only 4 potions. That's not fun at all.

Gonna do a sword and board this time.
That is what i did too.

I think the game is just horribly balanced after the first 10 levels. If you play as sword and board, with guard on hit weapons you can easily become invincible. If you chose the champion spec... even an AI controlled Blackwall can be invincible.

It was like that in previous games (and a lot of other RPGs as well), just that crafting makes the game even easier than it should.

How about hidden blade and +guard on hit procs. Everytime the hidden blade procs you get half a bar of guard...

it is a shame that FB3 is not mod friendly, I would love to see what people can do to thedas if they give it the skyrim treatment.

Also, one thing that sort of slipped my mind is that even with crafting, the amount of armor models are just lacking. I am going to rage really hard when bioware start selling DLCs with new armor and weapon models. I can almost hear their art team saying "we can always sell these extra models as DLCs kaching!".

I still think DA:I is a game done well in many aspects, but horribly in some. Atm I am not finding much replay value. Maybe I will wait until some real DLCs get released.
Old 2014-12-02, 12:54   Link #580
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Wish someone mods it... I want more hairs for female Quinari...and not short dreads...