AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 15.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 35.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 12.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-27, 20:49   Link #241
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm, you have to be more specific

You mean talking about what I think of the next episode? Or teasing the troll?
Teasing the troll. I hope you can be a bit more mature than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@Chaos: I never expected Meophist to balk at your little over dramatic spiel either.
Just because he's a troll doesn't mean we should go down to his level.
Old 2007-05-27, 20:53   Link #242
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah a nice tour could be interesting. Never know what kind of fun accidents could happen during that. Throw in a possible meeting with Lutecia in a normal setting. That little threesome could go around the town together, create that tension for when they all meet up in battle.
Old 2007-05-27, 20:55   Link #243
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah a nice tour could be interesting. Never know what kind of fun accidents could happen during that. Throw in a possible meeting with Lutecia in a normal setting. That little threesome could go around the town together, create that tension for when they all meet up in battle.
Interesting setting. Although, I don't think Lutecia would be very friendly with those two, especially if she happens to find an interest in Elio and Caro goes all 'He's mine already'
Old 2007-05-27, 20:57   Link #244
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode View:
An important episode to get through. Really deal with the aftermath of episode 8.
Subaru is my kind of girl: loves ice cream. We can get along real well. ^^;

Yeah, next episode:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-27, 20:59   Link #245
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
Quote:
Considering Zest and Agito is out on business/another affair according to Lutecia, that scenario is very possible since Lutecia is shown to be in the same city area too.

She might be the type who get lost without Zest to hold onto
Old 2007-05-27, 21:00   Link #246
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Interesting but I dought that will happen, mostly cause Lutecia will most likely still have her device with her and Caro would claerly know she's a summoner and, put 2 and 2 together figure she's the sommoner from before. The only way it could work is if Lutecia for whatever reason doesn't have her device on her at the time^^

Still I wouldn't mind seeing this happen lol...
Old 2007-05-27, 21:05   Link #247
kari-no-sugata

I was quite happy with this ep. I agree with others that it's a bit weird just how much they showed of Nanoha's past. But, I guess it's one of those things we shouldn't think too deeply about.

"Once upon a time there was a ordinary little girl living in a happy ordinary life without even any knowledge of magic... but then one day..."

Skip forward a few months and Elio etc are stunned at the power blasts 9-year old Nanoha was doing. But, Nanoha continues forcing herself to ramp up her power, next due to the "Yami no Sho" incident, when she lost against Vita and came up with the cartridge solution, even though it was unstable, particularly the full-drive mode. The audio isn't too great but it seemed like Nanoha was about 11 when the "incident" occured (2 years after the start of her becoming a mage I think).

I think the people who wanted an in-depth explanation of Nanoha's reasoning, and just where Teana was going wrong will be happy with this ep. They do go into quite a bit of detail. Incidentally, as already said, Nanoha's attack was skillful enough to have done no detectable physical damage to Teana - however, Teana slept until past 9pm because she hasn't been getting enough sleep lately.

However, I don't think Nanoha gave a direct explanation of why she told Subaru to watch carefully, when she did that 2nd shot on Teana.

Next week is the 1st part of a two-part "day off"... what goes wrong I wonder, to make it a two parter?
Old 2007-05-27, 21:12   Link #248
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Next week is the 1st part of a two-part "day off"... what goes wrong I wonder, to make it a two parter?
Probably a meeting with Lutecia Team, working for Spaghetti and trying to get some more data on 'the children from Project F' *shrugs*
Old 2007-05-27, 21:15   Link #249
Meophist

Given how MGLN was in the past, Part II should be a very interesting episode.
Old 2007-05-27, 21:29   Link #250
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It'd be pretty strange I guess if Caro didn't notice that Lutecia was a summoner. Though it would be interesting if they could make it work, rather than have Erio get separated from Caro and hang out with Lutecia for a while. Though I know we're all still waiting for the island episode . Whatever happens it would be interesting, poor Lutecia getting lost and Erio being the kind knight coming to her rescue. Be even better if she was getting harassed and he jumped in there to help. Too many ways for this to happen to pick one.

Good time for a day off though. Everyone getting pushed pretty hard the last few episodes. Can't wait to see what makes a par 2 necessary. Maybe the two groups (Erio/Caro) and (Teana/Subaru) running possibly into some gadgets or the Lutecia team. Should be a good one regardless of what happens.
Old 2007-05-27, 21:44   Link #251
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh and for those who want to see how uber cross mirage is in version 2 form :3
Spoiler:
Scene from Crocodile Dundee:

CD: You call that a knife? [pulls out freaking giant machete] Now THIS is a knife.

Of course, they could have used Rena's hatchet
Old 2007-05-27, 21:46   Link #252
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA.....!!!

This is comedy gold !!! What a way to start the day at 5:50am in the morning !

Please oh PLEASE tell me why did an instructor who is specialized in RANGE combat needs to be seen sweating?

For that matter, why does it even matter to you that she sweat?

Does it bother you so much? Does it get you a burning desire to cut something? Scratch your eyes out? Tear your hair out?

HAHAHAHAHAHA....!

Oh this is pure gold! You should really come into the business with us

I LOVE it how you ignored that Hayate was the one who created this department... I LOVE it how you ignored that Hayate asked Nanoha to join her... I LOVE it you ignored the job description of RF6 !

This person is a genius!

I mean, how many people could pick out nanoha's evil and non-existing flaws in her character?!

Nicely done!

That is so cool!

I like it how you prove that you've only watched this and ONLY this episode

Yeah! Why should her reasons from episode 2 be more important! Screw that! That's the spirit!!

P.S -

@ Raidou

Like that?
Oh Great Sith Lord! Thy words are GOLD! I just knew he'd be torn apart by your wisdom!

And yes I haven't read the rest. Trying too...
Old 2007-05-27, 21:51   Link #253
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Oh Great Sith Lord! Thy words are GOLD! I just knew he'd be torn apart by your wisdom!

And yes I haven't read the rest. Trying too...
Please don't do that.
Old 2007-05-27, 21:54   Link #254
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

People we're trying to remain on topic so Mods won't step in. Remember? So please let's go back to speculating and discussing <<.>>
Old 2007-05-27, 21:59   Link #255
Meophist

Episode 10: Part of team meets Lutecia
Episode 11: Team battles Lutecia
Episode 12: Lutecia development episode
Episode 13: Caro development episode
Episode 14: Lutecia joins team
Old 2007-05-27, 22:04   Link #256
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Okay, there's one thing I missed in translation. Did Nanoha officially unlock the first limiter of Cross Mirage, thus allowing Teana her first upgrade there and then, or was it just "practice and master your basic skillz first, then you can do this snazzy gunblade/EVA CQB weapon trick."?

Makes me wonder if we'll go through focused character development => powerup route for each StrikerS...Worrisome.

Regardless, despite the holiday episode clearly having more than it seems, with a part 2 for it, it makes me chuckle a little how we're all jumping the gun. I want Agito to appear, while most of you want a Lutelio scene that allows for the mindfuck when it's revealed to be so. Sincerely, I will be extremely dissapointed if it turns out to be drones...again. They're already tiresome to watch, unless we get ourselves some really advanced A.I drones that is not cannon fodder.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-05-27, 22:08   Link #257
Meophist

I'm not sure if it specified whether Nanoha unlocked the limiter temporarily to show the function or if it's permanent. I'm guessing it's temporarily though.
Old 2007-05-27, 22:18   Link #258
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm guessing it was just a temporary release just to show Teana where her weapon will go as she grows. Since she said "Test Mode Release". It's just a guess though, since Teana's growth has been more emotional than skill wise.

Yeah it's all random speculation of what the characters going to the town will result in. Though without any real information it lets people come up with the craziest situations possible. Sure hope we'll get battles against something other than drones. Those guys are getting annoying.
Old 2007-05-27, 22:34   Link #259
Meophist

Episode 15: Ginga vs Zest
Episode 16: Subaru development episode
Old 2007-05-27, 22:41   Link #260
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I dunno...I'm hoping that Zest is powerful enough to take on at least Signum at full power.

And frankly, I'm hoping that the next 4 or 5 episodes kick up the gears a little more. It's fine and all to be mysterious and "elusive", but considering that Scagliette's is still playing around with Relic hunting and Drone-testing just enjoying the sights and sounds of those he intends to capture, but still doesn't employ a force capable of it, while the unknown Client's along with the Client's Relic Weapons are doing who knows what while we still don't know anything besides the fact that Lutecia is Scagliette's creation. And there's still the Jewel Seed along with the whole Project F thing.

It's still early, but the pacing is worrisome.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Closed Thread