AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-10, 01:08   Link #1081
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

EP6 or EP5? This thread will get a lot slower when EP6 hits, haha.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 01:39   Link #1082
Marion
The Great Dine

People will probably go back to the EP 4 thread when the game comes out, to avoid spoilers and what not. But yeah, like k//eternal said, it'll slow at EP 6. Only reason this thread opened so early was because new girl portrait came and every thread was pretty much talking about it, so

I still wonder if we might get more back story on Natsuhi though - I'm particularly interested in the nature of her marriage with Krauss. On one hand the game shows hints that they do love each other, but on the other hand they don't even sleep in the same bed.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 02:56   Link #1083
Shamisen
Talking Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
The first game's Battler is the only real Battler. The first game is the only true reality.
You know, that's exactly what I've always thought. Except for the first game being the only true reality. I mean, where else would Meta-Battler have come from?
Spoiler for Higurashi:
Shamisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 07:42   Link #1084
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I still wonder if we might get more back story on Natsuhi though - I'm particularly interested in the nature of her marriage with Krauss. On one hand the game shows hints that they do love each other, but on the other hand they don't even sleep in the same bed.
Well, they live in stinkin' mansion, nobody has to sleep in the same bed!

I think it must have been an arranged marriage. I mean, the Ushiromiyas are...the Ushiromiyas, (lol) and Natsuhi must have been from a pretty well-to-do family as well. I'd love to see what Natsuhi's family is like, considering we've already seen Kyrie's.
Volcanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 07:57   Link #1085
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Yes and judging from Kyrie's family. I don't want to see NAtsuhi's, not another Kasumi *shudder*
Old 2009-08-10, 08:18   Link #1086
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Yes and judging from Kyrie's family. I don't want to see NAtsuhi's, not another Kasumi *shudder*
Makes me wonder what Hideyoshi's family was like, other than dead

AND YOU THOUGHT THE USHIROMIYAS WERE BAD...
Old 2009-08-10, 08:57   Link #1087
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
In episode 1, (though it was in the Kinzo scene), Natsuhi mentioned that, as part of joining the Ushiromiyas, she had cut herself off from her old family completely.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 09:16   Link #1088
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
In episode 1, (though it was in the Kinzo scene), Natsuhi mentioned that, as part of joining the Ushiromiyas, she had cut herself off from her old family completely.
Watching that scene again in the anime (as I don't have the VN on me at the moment) Natsuhi seemed kind of saddened by the question, as if she really does miss them.

It's probably arranged.

(Ah, yes- and the link in my sig is filled with theories. xDD)
Old 2009-08-10, 09:52   Link #1089
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

But she does eventually say to herself that she's a proud Ushiromiya woman who was prepared to join this family and cut ties with her original family.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 09:57   Link #1090
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
But she does eventually say to herself that she's a proud Ushiromiya woman who was prepared to join this family and cut ties with her original family.
Of course.

Maybe the Ushiromiyas were nicer to her before she married in, and they weren't all "HAVE A KID ALREADY |8<" until she actually married Krauss.
Old 2009-08-10, 10:26   Link #1091
Marion
The Great Dine

Well Natsuhi comes from a family of Shinto priests I believe (it's mention in EP 2 somewhere before the Shannon vs Beatrice battle and there is that mirror) so I'm sure it was somewhat strict. I wouldn't be surprised though if her marriage was somewhat arranged, since Krauss is the eldest child. Plus the shrine that go thunderbolted could have possibly come from her family maybe?
Old 2009-08-10, 10:29   Link #1092
ghost_zero5

I guess she does miss them BUT still prefers to be Ushiromiya and married to Kraus than keep her ties with her old family but not marry Kraus.
However, Kraus doesn't seem to care TOO much for her, so I am not sure how happy she is currently.
Anyway: It is less than one week to the release of Ep5 - I won't visit this thread after the release and before a translation got released and I read/played it.

Btw.: Why is there a Ep6 poll thread already? Ep5 isn't even out yet, so how should we even think about voting for Ep6? Actually, it is already strange to vote for Ep5 as it isn't out yet...
ghost_zero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 10:36   Link #1093
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_zero5 View Post
Btw.: Why is there a Ep6 poll thread already? Ep5 isn't even out yet, so how should we even think about voting for Ep6? Actually, it is already strange to vote for Ep5 as it isn't out yet...
Anime. This is AnimeSuki.

Quote:
Well Natsuhi comes from a family of Shinto priests I believe (it's mention in EP 2 somewhere before the Shannon vs Beatrice battle and there is that mirror) so I'm sure it was somewhat strict. I wouldn't be surprised though if her marriage was somewhat arranged, since Krauss is the eldest child. Plus the shrine that go thunderbolted could have possibly come from her family maybe?
...Shinto Priests?!? Why didn't I pick that up? I must have rushed through that part

Makes me wonder why Natsuhi isn't more Religious then.
Old 2009-08-10, 10:39   Link #1094
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
...Shinto Priests?!? Why didn't I pick that up? I must have rushed through that part
This was mentioned by George, Gohda and Shannon while they started to plan going to the chapel to get the key...maybe you should reread that part
Old 2009-08-10, 10:44   Link #1095
Marion
The Great Dine

Maybe it could explain why her and Krauss don't even share a bed, even though they've been married for 30+ years or so
Old 2009-08-10, 10:52   Link #1096
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Maybe it could explain why her and Krauss don't even share a bed, even though they've been married for 30+ years or so
My theory on that is that Natsuhi is actually a sleepwalker (the dangerous kind who , that's why they had to start locking the mansion, Krauss never sleeping in the same bed, her massive headaches and stuff

BUt I think even if she were from a family of shinot priests they would sleep in the same bed
Old 2009-08-10, 11:11   Link #1097
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I think it has something to do with the fact that it took them a very long time to conceive (wasn't it something like 10 years?). I would imagine that'd have some sort of psychological effect on them when it comes to, erm, that. Especially if they aren't entirely in love.

...only 5 more days :O. I really need to brush up on my skills using my kanji dictionary, because at the rate I use it right now it'll take me a month to read in Japanese .
ameskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 11:13   Link #1098
Marion
The Great Dine

I don't think so. Both of them have shown hints over the last episodes that they do love and care about each other. Their relationship is probably strained because of Krauss and the image he has to keep. Telling Natsuhi to quiet down all the time - he probably only does that because he knows they all see her as an outsider.
Old 2009-08-10, 11:30   Link #1099
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
My theory on that is that Natsuhi is actually a sleepwalker (the dangerous kind who , that's why they had to start locking the mansion, Krauss never sleeping in the same bed, her massive headaches and stuff
Natsuhi committed the murders in her sleep!

So Natsuhi is from a Family of Shinto Priests, and Kyrie is from a Matriarchy...heh. Dysfunctional family Junction! It's almost as bad as Higurashi!

Quote:
I don't think so. Both of them have shown hints over the last episodes that they do love and care about each other. Their relationship is probably strained because of Krauss and the image he has to keep. Telling Natsuhi to quiet down all the time - he probably only does that because he knows they all see her as an outsider.
Which really makes me feel bad for Natsuhi. I mean, normally she has an okay life, but for two whole days every year she has to suffer so nothing bad happens in her family-which she's fully committed to, even though some of the people in it hate her.

Makes me wonder why they don't treat Hideyoshi and Kyrie that way.
Old 2009-08-10, 11:40   Link #1100
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
Natsuhi committed the murders in her sleep!

So Natsuhi is from a Family of Shinto Priests, and Kyrie is from a Matriarchy...heh. Dysfunctional family Junction! It's almost as bad as Higurashi!

Which really makes me feel bad for Natsuhi. I mean, normally she has an okay life, but for two whole days every year she has to suffer so nothing bad happens in her family-which she's fully committed to, even though some of the people in it hate her.

Makes me wonder why they don't treat Hideyoshi and Kyrie that way.
Hideyoshi and Kyrie seem to know when to keep quiet. They also don't yell at the family members to leave the mansion at once.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote